It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney: Dorian Johnson confirms he was with Brown at store robbery

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

No, and add to that a national media that has a narrative they so desperately want to be true in every case like this that comes up - that a white man with a gun cannot wait to gun down a completely innocent black man in cold blood. That's what they really want and every time an incident like this happens, the media rushes in an releases the facts in a manner to make it look like this is, in fact, what is going on.

A Hispanic Zimmerman had a whole new ethnic category created just for him "white-Hispanic," and his 9/11 call was edited so that the dispatcher asking him Martin's ethnicity was cut before CBS released it. The media played up everything they could about Brown being the gentle giant before the robbery tape was released and the autopsy results, too.

I miss the days when reporters were supposed to just report facts and not shape public opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Indigo5

What happened at the store is tangentially relevant in this case, at least to a good attorney...Brown committed a crime and then encountered the Officer. It can be argued to show his mindset, his potential for violence, etc.

BUT...it doesn't preclude Brown's civil rights. Officers have to account for their actions.

We just don't have enough information yet.

Tangentially relevant to demonstrate mindset ...concerning an alleged crime and alleged perpetrator..would seem something a judge should determine the validity of very far down the road? vs. the police chief releasing it to the press?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No argument from me on that. And your comment cuts to the root cause of all of this drama - trial by public opinion and media exploitation for both Brown and the Officer. A demand for instant "justice"

It's pointless - it never trumps real law but ruins people's lives and ratchets up the social/cultural/racial rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orwells Ghost
Here's some fuel for the fire:

www.youtube.com...

This video allegedly shows Michael Brown paying for the box of cigars that he supposedly stole.

Just where in that video does Brown pass money to the clerk. Do YOU see him reach into a pocket for cash? What I saw was him hand a box back to his buddy, his buddy put the box back on the counter, and then Brown take more, drop some, pick them up, and walk out.

Also, not sure if it's a friend of Browns or not, but the dude in the white t-shirt that comes from the back of the store and passes behind Brown as he dropped those boxes, also walked without paying.

You reallly need to get your eyes checked, OR not post video's that are all over the news and try to convince people they show what they don't.

As to your post below this quoted one, I believe the police may have released the robbery video to show that Brown wasn't the gentle angel that some were portraying him to be. And as stated by others, the events that occured after the robbery could very probably be Brown's fear of being busted for that crime, and his attempt to escape.

I read on another site an account from a call in guest to a radio show. It's an account repeating what the caller was told by Wilson's wife. It verifies what is also said on a video that has been posted here, in that Brown was charging back toward Wilson. Bum-rushing him.

As to the shot on top of Brown's head. One caller is of the oppinion that that shot could only have happened if Brown was on his knees. My opinion is that it could happen if rushing someone with the head down, or after being shot several times rapidly, while rushing, and stumbling forward with head down.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

No argument from me on that. And your comment cuts to the root cause of all of this drama - trial by public opinion and media exploitation for both Brown and the Officer. A demand for instant "justice"

While I am uncertain of the events surrounding Michael Brown's shooting and whether it was justified under the circumstance or not, the circus that followed tells me with absolute certainty that (a) The local police have long-standing issues and problems with how they approach the community, and (b) the local community has long standing issues with the police.

This appears to have been coming to a head for a very long time.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: 2ndthought

Not necessarily...

Its entirely possible that he was surrendering when his arms were coming up.
Its also entirely possible he was raising his hands in anticipation of going hands on with the officer.

What we need now is what occurred from contact to the shooting. What happened in that time frame that resulted in the officer perceiving him as a deadly threat.

Like I said before, it entirely possible for people to all observe the same incident and yet perceive it in a completely different manner.

With that said you are correct in that the info doesn't support some of the witness statements.

As you've stated before, it's all about perception. While his hands were coming up, what did Wilson percieve. He'd just been punched in the face, at least once. He'd also just wrestled with Brown for his firearm. Were his eyes clear? Did he percieve that Brown was raising a gun? The fact that there were 6 shots hitting Brown, at 25-30 ft., 10 yds, and the first 4 in his arm, leads me to believe Wilson's vision wasn't as clear as could be.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Go easy..

The Guy in the back of the video pays at :06 and puts his change in his pocket at :14

As for Brown, we don't know because the video doesn't show the whole thing. It starts with him at the counter. We don't know what happened before that or if money had already been given.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I have a question..The Ferguson Police are now claiming that Wilson (Police Office Involved) was responding to the 911 call of the convenience store robbery that Michael Brown was purportedly involved in and that it occurred just minutes before the encounter.

Here is one video of the surveillance footage from the store..
Notice what the Perp is wearing...White shirt, red hat, Khaki shorts..
www.youtube.com...

This video shot by a witness after the shooting
www.washingtonpost.com...

No hat (OK, he could have lost it in a scuffle)...but those are definitely dark blue or black shorts?

Anyone??

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
CNN Report that the same "Josie" friend of the cops. RECALL a radio station today!

Just look more like a undercover cops, she can't go to the tv doing her report, because people will know her affliation with the cop dept.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The family has already confirmed the person in the robbery video was their son.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You're right. I saw later that there was another cashier window.window

As for Brown, I believe we DO see the moment he walks into the store, until he exits. He didn't pay. Also, if he payed, why would the clerk come out and chase him to the door, trying to keep him from leaving. A beatdown wish?
edit on 18-8-2014 by 2ndthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

He did lose the hat. It's been shown in other videos. I can't explain the shorts. BUT. When was the last time you saw a male teenager wearing such short shorts like those. Especially, forgive me, but a black male teenager.

Also, as Xcathdra states below, the family has verified that is Micheal Brown in the store.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Go easy..

The Guy in the back of the video pays at :06 and puts his change in his pocket at :14

As for Brown, we don't know because the video doesn't show the whole thing. It starts with him at the counter. We don't know what happened before that or if money had already been given.

The full 4+ minute video posted in this thread does show the whole thing and no, he did not pay.

Here is the full 4 minute video -

edit on 19-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

However, Michael did not deserve to lose his life over 49.00 worth of cigars.

No, the officer wasn't even aware of that crime at the time. He lost his life because he went for the cop's gun.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

No, the officer wasn't even aware of that crime at the time. He lost his life because he went for the cop's gun.

The Ferguson Local Police seem dishonest. In reading varying news accounts there are different explanations on what prompted the original stop. Several times they have said the two events were not connected and Michael Brown was stopped for walking in the street. The Ferguson police chief even said the same in a press conference when he released the convenience store video. But I have also seen several reports where it is claimed that Officer Wilson was responding to the 911 call for the convenience store robbery and recognized the two from descriptions in that call.

Police on Friday said that Darren Wilson, the officer who shot and killed Michael Brown last weekend, confronted Brown after the teenager was identified as the main suspect in a convenience store robbery that occurred Saturday morning.

However, hours later, authorities said that the robbery was not the reason for the encounter that ended with Brown shot to death on a suburban St. Louis street, suggesting that it was unrelated to the confrontation.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I think we can say with very high probability that it was Michael Brown in the Convenience Store "Strong Arm" robbery.

It is also likely, though slightly less certain, that he did not pay for the cigars...The Clerk and the boy with Michael Brown will eventually fill in the blanks or remaining questions surrounding the video.

It also strongly appears that the Ferguson Police handled this horribly with an agenda of excusing the shooting before all the facts had been gathered and did so with what is in many peoples opinions unethical (releasing the video of an ongoing investigation) and also potentially dishonest (Was Wilson stopping them in response to descriptions in the 911/convenience store call or did he stop them for walking in the street).

It appears as if they were looking to dishonestly claim that was the reason Officer Wilson stopped them, then backtracked and changed the claim once full scrutiny of reporters and DOJ got involved.

It speaks to a police department willing to lie to cover an Officer Shooting...whether justified or not.

Lots to sort through here. Lets hope the truth is still obtainable amongst the circus.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

I understand that is what the officer said..."He went for my gun"...I am hopeful that sufficient witness testimony that can be validated/correlated will surface.

I say that because, "He went for my gun" has to be the #1 claim of shooters when they find themselves on the defense after killing an unarmed man. George Zimmerman is the last very public example of that claim...it is made by virtually everyone that finds themselves defending themselves after these scenarios.

Not saying it is false or true. But am saying it should not be accepted as truth without credible verification. Anyone looking for prints on the Officer's gun or holster from Michael Brown? assuming he touched the gun...
edit on 19-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Most witnesses state there was a struggle at the window of the cop car. Knowing many LEO's, absolutely ZERO (of those I know) would ever attempt a physical confrontation while seated in their cruiser. Logic dictates the suspect then instigated this altercation. Still doesn't justify the shooting fully, but it does suggest he assaulted an officer, vs. just putting up his hands as other witnesses state. Problem is, in some areas (and the areas are dictated by income, not race), if all see a crime, nobody saw anything when the police ask...but when a cop shoots a thug (and no, not a kid, a 6'4" man, and a thug, because yes, he did apparently just commit a violent crime), everybody magically remembers things a certain way).

For those saying the robbery has nothing to do with it, that is simply wrong. It has EVERYTHING to do with the suspect's mindset at the time, as he knew what he and his buddy just did, so yeah, it's pretty important. Fight or flight. He certainly had motive to act in the way the police stated he acted. Would be nice if the dash cam actually caught anything, or more importantly, the officer's radio (as they are made to record, sound-activated).

Granted, if the police version is correct, why not release THAT info? That's the one big problem I have with this.
edit on 19-8-2014 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
For those talking about why the police don't release anything.

There is a criminal investigation under way into the Leo's actions.

His reports, IA interviews, interviews with the feds etch, if he is cooperating, is the same as if its a civilian being charged. Because of the IA and Civil rights investigation its going to take longer. Law enforcement does not waive its rights like the military does.

Information obtained in an IA investigation is not always allowed into a criminal investigation (garrity rights apply).

There is some info covered by MO sunshine laws as being required to be released. Outside of that the info is part of an on going criminal investigation. Releasing info in that manner can have negative results on a criminal prosecution - IE its possible to destroy a prosecution by releasing information.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
For those talking about why the police don't release anything.

There is a criminal investigation under way into the Leo's actions.

His reports, IA interviews, interviews with the feds etch, if he is cooperating, is the same as if its a civilian being charged.

That makes sense. Now explain why the Ferguson police released a video of a convenience store robbery that is ALSO and open and ongoing investigation?
edit on 19-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: Witness2008

Robbery seems such a strong word.
It evokes, to me, taking power from the shop owner, and taking control.

This looks more like shoplifting.

It was shoplifting until he manhandled that poor store employee/owner. That turned it into strong armed robbery.

The definition of a strong armed robbery is one that uses force in the commission of the robbery. It is the sudden snatching of property or money with the intent to deprive the owner of the property
www.ask.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join