It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney: Dorian Johnson confirms he was with Brown at store robbery

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: xuenchen
Oh apologies. I misunderstood who you were addressing with the eyewitless label.

That's cool

It was a "hidden" joke.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
So far it's the cop's word, against 3 civilians. 2 civilians seem to have no skin in the fight, just telling what they saw.

Well I don't know about the two not having any skin in the fight, their possible reasons could vary concerning a touchy issue such as this, sure you may be correct though.

Just brings us back inside the better to wait and hear all the facts arena. I would like to hear from the Man that is being accused, seems reasonable.

Rushing to judgement usually upsets the liberal finger pointers anyway, we don't want anyone coming unhinged prior to hearing all the facts. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I didn't read the thread after your reply, but anyway, I don't care what happened before he was killed, he turned, threw his hands up and said don't shoot (according to reports), anything after that is an execution

Do you even have a clue what I posted? "It was about the video not his so called "execution" as you call it. I will wait until the investigation is done before I say anything about the cops actions. The video of the robbery speaks for itself.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'd like to see what people are going to say about this. Particularly the ones who were making him out to be the "good black kid" who was just about to go off to college and make something of himself. That's the way people seem to be talking about him at least.

This is very bad for his image. Even though he didn't steal very much, it's still a crime. A felony at that. And guess what happens when you have a felony on your record? Good luck finding a job. It would be hard finding a job ANYWHERE with a criminal offense at the felony level. And people who usually get convicted of a felony or more serious offenses tend to result back to crime in the future. They almost have to since they can't find a job due to their previous actions. He screwed up big time it seems like. Why would a kid about to go to college decide to rob a store like that? Doesn't look like he was thinking about his future the way others seems to portray him. I don't mean to come off rude, or help justify the officers actions, but this is pretty serious.

Was it something that should have cause him his life? Of course not. A simple arrest should have sufficed. But I'm sure the cop was on his toes knowing that a store had been reported to be strong-armed. I guarantee in his mind that he thought he may have had some kind of weapon on himself. And by the looks of things, it looks like the officer jumped to conclusions to quickly when he raised his hands up.

But, I'm just going to watch and see what else comes to light and what has to be said. But this information right here seems to put the story into perspective.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Didn't you know..no matter what is told or even shown..the right will always side with the guy who killed the black.

In fact..the first thing they do when a black gets killed..scour the net for criminals records, bad behavior..etc. Then justify the shooting.

LOL! You're looking frantic and desperate with your 'right' vs. left'. You're damned right that the "right' will instantly begin to search the web regarding the black victims at the hands of the police or non-blacks. They only have moments before the sites are scrubbed.

Let me ask you this....was the MSM proven incorrect about EVERYTHING regarding George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin?

And now they come out and continue to try and paint the victim as some "gentle giant", which we all know is total nonsense.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have a problem with the cops being judge and executioner.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
It's not just Michael Brown's life that was ruined and ended, regardless of his guilt or innocence, Officer Wilson's life has changed now completely and forever.

Even if, and given history and statistics he likely will be, Wilson is cleared of all charges of inappropriate lethal force ... he will still always be "that guy that shot Michael Brown."

That's not a "new normal" that I'd want to face. Ever.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008 However, Michael did not deserve to lose his life over 49.00 worth of cigars.

OK, lets get something straight here. He didn't loose his life over cigars. He lost his life because he assaulted a police officer while he was inside his car.

In that instant, he took his own life in his hands.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I have a problem with the cops being judge and executioner.

The sentiment of most of Ferguson in one sentence.

Whatever transpired, whether or not Brown stole cigars, or fought with the officer, Michael Brown was 20 feet or more away from Wilson with his hands raised in surrender when Wilson shot him.

I do not understand how a clear minded person with little to no biased can spin those simple facts into justifiable homicide.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

is there more than one witness to that assault? How badly was Wilson injured? What law gives LE the green light to kill someone who is surrendering?

(post by PansophicalSynthesis removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PansophicalSynthesis

Ahh..THUG the right's new word for the "N" word. And calling them monkeys too. Surprised you didn't sign off with white power.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You need to edited that last line out of your post, unless you really are a bigot. That kind of talk is evil and makes me sick.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
You need to edited that last line out of your post, unless you really are a bigot. That kind of talk is evil and makes me sick.

There is another one just like him, someone stared that racist rant.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Gee whiz, I wonder will the trial be televised.
I can’t wait!

(post by PansophicalSynthesis removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: Witness2008 However, Michael did not deserve to lose his life over 49.00 worth of cigars.

OK, lets get something straight here. He didn't loose his life over cigars. He lost his life because he assaulted a police officer while he was inside his car.

In that instant, he took his own life in his hands.

I know a white guy that assaulted the police, twice. My buddy Jimmy thinks the Chicago police killed his grandfather, so since then he has a vendetta. In Missouri the first time he pointed an object at them once to pretend it was a gun and they tazed him. The second time he was walking up the street and decked a cop in the face which he got two years for. I feel like the only people that really die for this is black people and by all accounts he never struck the cop. Why didn't my white friend die? He's bat sh*t crazy the police would've had all rights to kill him. Hell, even when black people aren't combative they still die via cop this is insane. Everyone is starting to see through this bulls***. Are we really that menacing? I've seen white people get away with some sh** a black person would've got slammed for, believe me. Hell white people will you tell you themselves they don't get profiled in stores, when pulled over, or when walking. I think it's just the older generation of white people that still on that dumb sh**. My generation is cool

My second thought is I doubt Brown would've tried to 'kill' the officer only after committing shoplifting. People who do those things like my buddy are crazy or desperate (usually killed someone before). I can't see Brown going 0=60 in that instant unless the cop initially pulled his gun on Brown which is suspicious since he did not no Brown was a suspect in a robbery and as another user pointed out his accomplice was not charged. Maybe he had it out for intimidation, whilst Brown fearing being shot tried to force the gun away.

Winona Rider shoplifted $5000 worth of clothes and got community service, NOT 8 bullets to her body. Black people need to stop killing each other and being killed by white people over the fear the news cultivates. And stop looting you guys look dumb AF those businesses are probably black owned. If you need a gun to win a fight you're a p**** period. THUG is the new word for n**** and the people using it are backwoods probably never lived in the city before lol!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have the nagging feeling that when people hear this it will somehow be used as justification. They could think "oh well, the guy was a criminal, so I shouldn't really care." Or something to that affect. I do not condone what he allegedly did by any means, but the key thing to remember is that the officer who pulled the trigger multiple times had no clue that the two guys were connected to any theft at all. The ONLY way that the theft could potentially be used as any sort of justification would be the following line of reasoning: because the guy who got shot KNEW what he had just done, he assumed that the cops did too, and because of that he acted violently in an attempt to get away. I would like to stress that the above has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, so I think it is fair at this point to conclude that the shooting and the theft are unrelated.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: Witness2008

Robbery seems such a strong word.
It evokes, to me, taking power from the shop owner, and taking control.

This looks more like shoplifting.

Grabbing the shop owner by the collar or neck and pushing him around (legally assault) sounds like shoplifting? Isn't shoplifting sneaking something and walking out without incident?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
A thug got killed by a cop. The cop may have used excessive force and is likely in trouble. A bunch of black people in the community rioted, stole and destroyed stuff. End of story. Yet another day in this type of neighborhood.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join