It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney: Dorian Johnson confirms he was with Brown at store robbery

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jammer2012
a reply to: Xcathdra

You have got to be kidding me right?? This is not new, this is happening everywhere, not just Ferguson. You my friend. are ether blind, or have a agenda. I am aware of my rights and though i'm not an "expert" or constitutional lawyer,a MORON could see whats going on.

Based on your comments and how you reached your conclusions no a moron could not see what's going on.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the legalese of self protection. Some how I don't think that it applies to this case. The Police chief stated in one of his press conferences that Wilson was treated at a local hospital and had a swollen face.

Let us not forget the roughly 20 feet of distance between Wilson and Brown when Brown raised his hands in surrender.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Good responses. As for the videos, I could only watch video 1, as the second video requires a login to watch. Also both videos are not allowed to be watched embedded, you have to hit the youtube button to watch, for anyone wondering. My mind is not made up either way, but like I said before, both the cop, and the second guy in the store's stories both sound like BS to me. The truth is somewhere in the middle I bet.

Cameras should be all over the place, both on cop cars, and on their guns and tazers, to stop both BS cops, and BS claims of abuse. They are both costing us tax payers way more than it would cost to set up the camera systems in the long run.

edit on Fri, 15 Aug 2014 21:11:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
When a person being stopped by a police officer raises their hands in surrender and is shot to death, it equates the same way as when, during war, the so called "enemy" raises a white flag with both hands and is "lighted up" anyway. That is considered a war crime I think. It should be classified as some kind of crime regardless. Authorities should not be the judge, jury, and executioner. If a criminal is armed, of course, that requires a different reaction. Even those situations can be tricky. We had a horrible incident here in Shreveport, where a man had a cell phone in his hand and was tipsy and the police shot him dead and said he was armed. Many videos later showed the officer was very close to the person and could easily see it was a phone...I could even see it was a phone when I saw the vid.

Apologists that complain we are just a bunch of dummies in front of our computers and haven't got a clue and should not judge the authorities...are they not doing the same thing...judging us and using broad brush strokes painting us as all the same and judging us posters as stupid.

I have a police officer for a neighbor and he is a lovely man, a friendly and helpful person. I hope he never gets hurt in any way. He knows how to treat people in a decent manner. We can approach him, talk, laugh and we like each other. He is a good officer with many awards and such so he does his job well but he also does it the way it should be done. He has faced danger and we worry about him. This isn't about hating ALL police.

This Ferguson thing is about over kill, being out gunned when other authorities showed up on the scene. This is about shooting an un armed person. Has anyone verified for sure that the man in the video is the actual person Brown? Has anyone examined the video to make sure it is authentic or maybe from an entirely different time frame/month/year or doctored. This is about protesters being blamed for the looting too...they weren't in 2 places at once so obviously, others were doing the looting...yet, they are all being lumped in together. The protesters helped clean up the neighborhood later...that is NOT the same mentality as the looters would have....not by a long shot...they do not have the same mind set. A lot to consider here and not just "jump the gun" so fast relevant to any of it...pardon the pun.

edit on 15-8-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I've just asked this question in another thread about this but there's not a lot of people in common between the two so I believe it bears repeating here.

What about the statements of witnesses Tiffany Mitchell and Piaget Crenshaw?

If what they're saying is true, then everything that happened before it is basically irrelevant. It's that simple. If Michael Brown did move 20-30 feet away from the cruiser, was then shot (having been possibly hit by the first shot, fired from inside the cruiser), put his hands in the air and was then shot even ONE MORE TIME, let alone multiple times, then he was murdered.

Do you agree?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Good responses. As for the videos, I could only watch video 1, as the second video requires a login to watch. Also both videos are not allowed to be watched embedded, you have to hit the youtube button to watch, for anyone wondering.

My bad.. I have posted the videos before with no issues. For those who cannot view - Video #1 shows a police pursuit, ending in a parking lot of a gas station / convenience store. It shows the suspect bailing out of the car and running, with an officer chasing. You then see the suspect being shot in the back - no weapons can be seen.

In video #2, another patrol unit involved, shows the end of the pursuit, shows the suspect bailing and running. This angle shows the suspect pull a dark item from his pants and starts to turn towards the officer chasing him. Its at that point he was shot and killed.

Video one can be perceived as a cop shooting an unarmed person in the back.
Video two shows the details not visible in video one. Those details are the justification for the use of force.

As for equipment upgrades I completely agree. However, Police departments are always on the bottom of budget requests. The items you are talking about are extremely expensive. The reason for that, at least in Tasers position, is they will defend their product in court instead of settling.

The one thing everyone involved saw was an altercation between the suspects and police. The devil is in the details.

My mind is not made up either way, but like I said before, both the cop, and the second guy in the store's stories both sound like BS to me. The truth is somewhere in the middle I bet.

Cameras should be all over the place, both on cars cop, and on their guns and tazers, to stop both BS cops, and BS claims of abuse. They are both costing us tax payers way more than it would cost to set up the camera systems in the long run.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I believe the witnesses are being truthful in what they observed. I also think, based on info to date, the officer saw what he observed. The witness states he was possibly hit once while running, only to turn and face the officer with his hands coming up.

key point
The guy was shot / shot at prior to spinning around, where he was shot again.

another key point
They stated they did not witness what occurred prior to the shooting.

Its not uncommon to have conflicting version of events based on where you are observing that event from. The point being ignored is what occurred that resulted in the shots fired? Was a threat made at the police cruiser? What was said between the officer and the suspect?

If a threat is made where the suspect claims he is a navy seal, an expert in martial arts, is armed, those claims are considered at face value as true, regardless if they are or not.

Totality of circumstances - From start to finish and not just the use of force. I say this because a use of force could be justified off the statements (if any were made).

Don't get me wrong.. My intent in these threads is to show the flip side of the coin. I know law enforcement is an issue for some on this site, and that's fine. People are searching for answers as to why this happened. I am trying to offer possibilities for consideration that may have played a part.

If it turns out the cop acted illegally then by all means, charge him, try him,convict him and ship him off to Prison.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

A mans hands in the air says it all and negates all other imagined or perceived threats.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

A mans hands in the air says it all and negates all other imagined or perceived threats.

A person who is shot while his back to the officer means it occurred prior to the guy turning around. You shoot to stop the threat. It is entirely possible the second shot occurred just prior to the guy turning around and putting his hands up.
Again just possibilities.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL Gosh, you are just too darned cute!! LOL
I meant that a citizen asked a cop for directions not that a cop was in need of directions. I got a good chuckle.
Your are correct though, body language and demeanor and expression goes a long way in helping to discern who may be approachable or not. Back in the day, I can remember police even buying us lil disadvantaged brats an ice cream cone and such. There are some good cops locally here that do nice things...like visit ST. Jude kids and give toys and turkeys to poor folks for Christmas and one gave a poor kid an entire bedroom suite and a computer and other things he needed for home and school.

Gosh, I'm still chuckling...no, the cop didn't ask directions, a citizen did.
Don't mind me, I got a migraine tonite and probably wasn't being clear and shouldn't be yapping tonite but hubby doesn't wanna suffer the yappin so you guys are in for it. LOL.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Looks like those "witnesses" are reading a script doesn't it.

All written by lawyers.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

All written by lawyers.

Now that's some serious reaching.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Actually its an interesting observation.

Witnesses who need lawyers?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

All written by lawyers.

Why don't you just come out and accuse them of lying if that's what you mean to do? Innuendo by way of quotation marks is a bit silly in my opinion. So far, you've shown a willingness desire to disbelieve everyone except for the cop.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008For real, the person got charged for the blood he got on their uniforms...OMG. I wonder if some of the Ferguson folks have seen some of the videos I have seen...one where a man in a wheelchair, un armed, is tossed to the ground, chair and all...or the picture of that poor baby with its face all burned up because a flash bang landed next to its head while it was in a play pen sleeping and the intrusion turned out to not be fruitful or correct as to person/place. That kid is in bad shape...maybe even died by now...I haven't heard more relevant to it. A woman here in Shreveport was bloodied in a jail. She was tipsy but already in cuffs and in custody, yet thrown against a wall and on the floor and bled profusely. Wow, just wow. Elderly, confused folks in nursing homes that are bedridden and yet get tased...WTH? It is those kinds of incidents recorded and viewed that get us all to have our panties in a bunch already...can't help getting peed. ANYONE witnessing that kind of stuff...which seems to be on an increase nationwide...ya can't help wondering and reacting to such.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Most anyone involved in an event receiving the amount of attention of this shooting has representation these days. Having legal counsel is evidence of deceit?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

Not only was he charged for bleeding on their uniforms, but he had been wrongfully arrested and then beaten. They goofed on his arrest and I guess decided to then beat him, have him bleed on their uniforms in order to charge him. Hard working black people in Ferguson are subject to that type of brutal stupidity on a regular basis. I'm surprised they have been able to contain themselves as long as they have.

ATS is well aware of police abuses.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Most anyone involved in an event receiving the amount of attention of this shooting has representation these days. Having legal counsel is evidence of deceit?

Of course not.

However, it is unusual.

I will concede the point in that if they are witnesses, then they are going to be interviewed by law enforcement as well as possibly being called to testify. If she makes statements to the media, and then later testifies, and the info she provides in court is different from her media interview, her credibility could be called into question. It could possibly result in false testimony charges. It could result in her testimony being rejected by the court.

It still seems goofy to me, but she is within her rights.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I will wager they attacked and tried to kill the cop because they thought he was looking at them for the robbery.

If that turns out to be indeed what happened.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Maybe they want lawyers, maybe not. Perhaps the ladies have been shoved into a situation they are uncomfortable in.

They will in the end be testifying in a court of law, and given my experience in such a place an attorney to represent them would be wise considering what the union defense layers do to civilians that would dare besmirch the reputation of a cop.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join