It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine and Russian forces engage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
For somthing thats such a big deal im seeing nothing on the bbc

Look harder, young one:

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk... (covered about half way through this article)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Europe has economic depth. Sanctions are hurting Russia more than they will hurt the EU.

Quite:

Rosneft requires $42 Billion loan from Russian Government as a result of the sanctions

Russia's exports are almost all raw materials and about 60% of these are energy products.

David Spencer-Percival, chief executive of international energy recruitment firm Spencer Ogden, said: "[This is] the clearest sign yet that the Western sanctions are biting hard.

"Given the West's reliance on the Russian energy industry, it is vital governments across Europe reassess their self-sufficiency. This is likely to prompt greater investment in renewable and alternative sources."

The news was initially reported in Vedomosti, the Russian business daily. The paper quoted a letter from Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, in which he asked officials to analyse the data.

Mr Sechin, a close ally of President Putin, said the company needed the money to help it cope with a ban on US credits and loans with a maturity of longer than 90 days, a ban which European banks and investors have also agreed to.

Rosneft has an outstanding debt of $44.5bn (£27bn) following its acquisition of TNK-BP in 2013.

$42 Billion? Jeebus... That's equivalent of around 2/3rd the Russian defence budget....
edit on 15/8/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Ok, fair enough

I've not heard anything about this and Germany holding a vote on EU membership would most certainly be lauded here in the UK, so it must have been a town-hall type thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

For somthing of such big news im suprised its hidden like that

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

For somthing of such big news im suprised its hidden like that

Not really - just pulled this off the New Front page:

BBC - Ukraine "hits Russian Armoured Column"

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Late for the party i guess.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You have to remember that the links on the BBC page are somewhat dynamic, with the most popular ones being pushed forward. This was on the front page, but has dropped off and come back a few times over the evening.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Why the discussion always veers off to economics??

The thread started with a military operation involving Ukrainian and Russian military forces.

So we have a report, but no evidence presented so far of a "destruction of armed column within Ukraine borders". It seems the evidence has just disappeared in thin air.

Where are the pictures and videos of the "destroyed column". What are these "Guardian reporters" doing. Don't they have camera?

The role of UK stinks to high hell in this Ukraine mess.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Late for the party i guess.

Maybe they wanted more confirmation it occurred before reporting on it?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I guess that's possible. I'm sure there's a number 'working' in the U.K. as well as a few ex-pats.

More than European immigrants to N.A.?... sorry, I'd put money on that one.

The reason the Whitehorse immigrant issue stuck with me is they where very obviously well educated, middle-upper middle class people. Whitehorse, Yukon isn't a place I'd guess as a immigrant destination foe a European middle class.

I asked a couple of locals about it and was told there where "lots" of European immigrants with 'money' arriving. This was about 5 years back.

Frankly, I can't travel far, Canada or the U.S. without bumping into a Brit..

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi Yep, gotta go through Whitehorse to get to Alaska on the Al-Can. A fuel and rest point on that run. Sheesh. LOL.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi I didn't say doomed. Just shaky, no better off in the long run than the U.S..IMO.

The reason "so many countries want to join the EU" is one they're usually in financial trouble, two, it's that of succumb to Russia as in the Ukraine. I don't know anyone who'd give up their nation unless they deemed themselves in serious trouble otherwise.

It's a good choice for many of them. Certainly more hope than being on their own.

Like many in Europe who don't trust the U.S., I don't "trust" the Euros, either collectively or some of the member nations.

Lots of good people, great culture, so on, just not my 'cup of tea'.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker Oh by the way PARAPHI, you've been found out. 1000s of miles from Alaska??

300 miles from Whitehorse to Beaver Creek, the Canadian border into the Main portion of Alaska.

About 100 miles from Whitehorse to Skagway, Alaska, on the peninsula.

You don't live in Whitehorse and have never been there else you'd know this. FRAUD.LMAO.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
An interesting comment from this article - Ukraine 'hits Russia armoured column' amid aid impasse

Russia's defence ministry said the incursion reports were "some kind of fantasy".

It said: "There was no Russian military column that crossed the Russian-Ukrainian border either at night or during the day."

Nato Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said: "We see a continuous flow of weapons and fighters from Russia into eastern Ukraine, and it is a clear demonstration of continued Russian involvement in [its] destabilisation."

The Pentagon later said US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel had been assured by Russian counterpart Sergey Shoygu that there were no military personnel in the aid convoy.

Notice when asked about Russian military units moving into Ukraine he responded by stating there were no military personnel in the convoy. That was not the question asked.

Of course there is no military presence in the aid convoy. The convoy stopped at the border - Russian military units did not.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Do you have any evidence for what you are stating?

Where is the evidence of "destroyed armed column"?????

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
An interesting comment from this article - Ukraine 'hits Russia armoured column' amid aid impasse

Russia's defence ministry said the incursion reports were "some kind of fantasy".

It said: "There was no Russian military column that crossed the Russian-Ukrainian border either at night or during the day."

Nato Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said: "We see a continuous flow of weapons and fighters from Russia into eastern Ukraine, and it is a clear demonstration of continued Russian involvement in [its] destabilisation."

The Pentagon later said US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel had been assured by Russian counterpart Sergey Shoygu that there were no military personnel in the aid convoy.

Notice when asked about Russian military units moving into Ukraine he responded by stating there were no military personnel in the convoy. That was not the question asked.

Of course there is no military presence in the aid convoy. The convoy stopped at the border - Russian military units did not.

what are you trying to do?

you have it in your quote!

Russia's defence ministry said the incursion reports were "some kind of fantasy". It said: "There was no Russian military column that crossed the Russian-Ukrainian border either at night or during the day."

there are no military personnel in the aid convoy.
no military convoy has crossed the border.

I challenge you to provide evidence for your claims (or claims of Ukrainian government for that matter)...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
Why the discussion always veers off to economics??

The thread started with a military operation involving Ukrainian and Russian military forces.

So we have a report, but no evidence presented so far of a "destruction of armed column within Ukraine borders". It seems the evidence has just disappeared in thin air.

Where are the pictures and videos of the "destroyed column". What are these "Guardian reporters" doing. Don't they have camera?

The role of UK stinks to high hell in this Ukraine mess.

It were 2 reporters who have seen them going towards the Ukraine border, not crossing it. Kiev said it happened all the time, but quick ins and outs...?

According to Lithuanian Foreign Minister it were 70 pieces, and Kiev says a large part was destroyed...you would expect indeed footage of lots wreckage after that wouldn`t you ?
edit on 16-8-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
a reply to: Xcathdra

Do you have any evidence for what you are stating?

Where is the evidence of "destroyed armed column"?????

Still waiting for the proof that it were the Russians that destroyed the airliner to. A month passed now nothing so far.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: paraphi
2. The Eurozone is not teetering. Some people forget that the EU is the biggest economy on the planet and Russia's economy is about the size of Italy, the fourth largest economy in the EU.

People forget this - they assume Russia must be massive, in economic terms, but compared to the EU it is a minnow. Any trade with Russia, be it gas coming in or cars going out, can easily be replaced and without much pain.

According to you the EU can survive without Russia in truth they cant.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Anyone claiming that the EU is stronger then it was pre-2008 needs to get their marbles checked. The divide is increasing between southern Europe and north Europe. The Right extremist are on the rise in Europe.

Your quite right about that part. The only ones whom still and claim that the EU is stronger are rather the ones that support the agenda of the EU in general.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join