It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
This whole thing is sort of a breaking point..the gap between LE and the public is as far as its ever been, this is the sign of a much bigger problem than a shoplifter getting killed.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Well, no. That's not it.

His crime that day may have been roughing up a clerk and robbing a store, which would explain why the police officer initially made contact.

The only reason to suspect this was all started because of jaywalking was because his friend and most likely accomplice claimed that's what happened.

This paints a very different picture of the young man, and a reasonable person might think it possible that he had a reason to be combative when dealing with the police after having just robbed and assaulted someone...

Almost everything we've heard isn't backed up by anyone credible. Perhaps, just maybe the cop didn't decide to murder a young man for no reason.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Really, robbery! Come on! It looks more like shoplifting with the use of his size as intimidation. Didn't realize stealing a pack of cigars was a capital offense with the execution to be carried out Wild West style. Oh wait, his crime that day was jaywalking, that's much worse.

Shoplifting occurs without confrontation. This guy strong arm robbed the store, so yes, robbery. And if the reports are true of him going for an officers gun inside his car, then yes....deadly force is justified. Either way....this is not some major tragedy....a "contribute nothing to society and take what I want" thug got killed.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yes, let's blindly trust a possible accomplice to a theft/assault.

Question everything, not just what fits your agenda.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
This whole thing is sort of a breaking point..the gap between LE and the public is as far as its ever been, this is the sign of a much bigger problem than a shoplifter getting killed.

But it really isn't bigger than that. A strong arm robbery suspect was killed.....WHOA!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What I can be sure of in this case is that I have been treated to photos of a very young Michael Brown, that was a recent HS graduate, soon off to college... walking to Grandmas house.

Now we see that that has all been so much BS. He is not the 'teddy bear' that the media pushed at us, he was probably getting ready to smoke a blunt that he had stolen from a convenience store. There are photos out of him making hand signals that are supposedly related to the 'Bloods' gang, but those were excused as a common 'black' signal that has nothing to do with gangs on the website that I saw them on.

The neighborhood punished the store owners for ratting Michael out after he robbed them.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010 That guy also failed to mention that he and brown had robbed a store.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: abe froman

Your right it doesn't justify murder, unloading on unarmed people is wrong. . .

Sorry but if someone is throwing punches at me, assaulting me and I am feared for my life and have a gun, I have absolutely no problem using my weapon to defend myself until the threat against my life is neutralized....even if it means I have to kill the person assaulting me. I PRAY THAT NEVER HAPPENS! But if it does I believe I am totally justified. And they aren't unarmed, body parts can be weapons too hands, feet, head etc.
edit on 15-8-2014 by AutOmatIc because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I don't believe it.. where were the stolen cigars surrounding his body.
How does it show he was dangerous? Also it looks more like smash and grab shop lift to be.

How do they know it's him. Why would he be walking in the middle of the street getting the cops attention if hed just "robbed" (stole some things) from a gas station? And why weren't those things on his person?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
a reply to: theantediluvian

Please that is not at all what I'm implying!!! You're twisting my words and making blatant assumptions. Racism, bigotry, blah blah blah!!!! Blacks need to step up to the damn plate and start raising their kids! Where was this Brown kid's dad????? Probably nonexistent!

I quoted your words verbatim and yet I'm "twisting them?" Now you've gone so far as to question Michael Brown's upbringing because, "Blacks need to step up to the damn plate and start raising their kids!" Do you have some inside knowledge or are you just passing judgement based on the deceased person's race?

I was raised with a sense of right and wrong and respect for authority, other people, and yes the law!

I was raised to think that shooting an unarmed person in the back is always against the law, even when a cop does it. You're making a lot of assumptions about how this young man was raised based on your prejudices, that's just a simple, indisputable fact.

These people dont' give a crap about community except when it fits their agenda!

You got all of that out of somebody spray painting a few words on BRAND NEW USPS mailbox? I know a few taggers from Philly and not one of them is black, but clearly it's evidence that white and hispanic kids don't give a crap about their community.

In the entire USA there isn't one upper middle class BLACK neighborhood!

What? If we assume that's true, what is that intended to prove? Black people should be vilified for not living in segregated, exclusively black upper middle class neighborhoods?

I'm sorry……I was an 18 year old kid once and guess what? I never had a warrant out for my arrest, I NEVER thought about assaulting let alone robbing a convenience store, and it wasn't even in my widest dreams that I'd ever assault a cop.

Awesome. What does this prove? You know how many 18 year-old white kids get arrested? Better yet, do you know how many 18 year-old white kids commit crimes? How many shoplift and end up dead in the street?

Oh but I"m a racist bigot! People like you instead of doing the blacks a favor and telling it like it is only make excuses and keep them down! Tough love!

You're a regular beacon of enlightenment.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Unlike what you and other people are doing. This guy was accused of strong arm robbery but it has yet to be proven so maybe you should take your own advice. If this guy was an accomplice then why hasn't he been charged? People in this thread is acting like Brown was some gangland thug with no evidence being shown that is true.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: buster2010 That guy also failed to mention that he and brown had robbed a store.

If they did rob the store then why hasn't he been charged for that crime?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
BS!

is not the same person!

I am sorry, but I cannot even believe that you are arguing the fact that it is not Brown. It most certainly is.
This is one fight you will not win.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

originally posted by: abe froman

This does not justify murder, however this proves Brown was dangerous. The still photos that are already out, with the police report, add in the witness accounts of Brown reaching into the police car and one shot being fired inside the car, it paints a slightly different picture than aspiring college student in the wrong place at the wrong time. It looks more like convenience store robber assaults officer and struggles for his gun shot dead while fleeing.

In this attack first, internet comment age, everybody plays the victim. I can't wait to see the reaction to this one.

Stills from video, police report from robbery.

Everybody plays the victim? Any reasonable person knows that is absurd.

For Faux News viewers, allow me to be your guide through your own corrupt mind.

The man was a dangerous thug whom has shown contempt of authority in the past . He was as large as a bull --dangerous even while cuffed. A violent animal with no self control. Angry at whites because of BO anti-white policies. He hated whites and hated white America. A probable gang member. Drug use is probably involved. these thugs will play the knockout game if you give them half a second so be vigilant. Your safety is preserved now that this threat was put down.

You can clean up and get out now. Leave the money on the dresser.

That is a distortion of the OP that only serves the purpose of inflamming more people. I saw nothing in his post that suggested anything to indicate your reply is anything except an attack on the poster of the OP, and not a substantial reply to the information presented (which BTW is not exclusive to any one news organization, it was provided by the law enforcement onsite).

You must have bias against the OP, take it elsewhere. The cop must be investigated and prosecuted. The response must also be evaluated and the heavy-handed tactics dealt with.

The OP only reports the new information that there was cause to apprehend Michael Brown, nothing more. Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Because he stole a box of swisher sweets he's a thug?! Yes, he committed a crime. Does that mean he should have been shot in the back with his body left on the street for 4 hours? No, it doesn't. There is a justice system to handle punishments. Look at the way the situation was handled in the days following the shooting. That police department is out of control.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
If he was shot while fleeing, then why was there no blood on his back?

It was hard for me to see detail in that video. I am withholding my full opinion until the forensic evidence, particularly the ballistics, are released.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So let's see. shoplifting and petty theft get you a death sentence in Ferguson. Got it. Some of you guys are okay with that?

Horrible.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

With a lawyer posted up next to ya. Yea truth my ass; while covering his.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
In this GRAPHIC PHOTO of his body in the street you can clearly see he is wearing exactly the same clothes (with his long shorts pulled down) as in the CCTV photo.

That does look very similar to the description released of the assault suspect.

Has anyone seen a Cardinals hat in the videos or photos which would add further circumstantial evidence that this was the same person?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
The LE response to a dangerous weapon like a machete is not a tazer. Force is one above the actions of the person on the offensive to the LEO.
Hands=baton/spray/hands
Blunt object=tazer/beanbags
Sharpened object=firearm

Thank you, did not know that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join