It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi
a reply to: LDragonFire

Those are not pants, they are shorts, I think the blue could be his underwear, or possibly another shirt tied around his waist, but it looks like his shorts, lite tan color are pulled down a bit.

definitely same guy, and yeah I don't see numerous shots to the back either.

Yeah I know, they are actually Capris, but I never wanted to be caught dead on ATS saying capris, but well there it is....

Still can't wait to see the video

edit on 15-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: UnBreakable

The media always portrays the victims as innocent youngsters. They always show a younger looking photo, whether it's Michael Brown, Travon Martin, etc. Plus everyone says he was college bound, as if he was going to campus next month. He was thinking about enrolling. Big difference there. Kinda like when I think about Kate Upton being my wife.

Luckily there are concerned apologists to come along and vilify victims in order to somehow justify what would otherwise be considered unjustifiable uses of lethal force.

I'm not villifying the victim. Petty robbery is not a death sentence by any means. My only point is, in these recent cases, our media always downplays the current images and status of the victims, into trying to make them seem more innocent than they really are.

link   

edit on 013131p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There's a poster making blatantly racist remarks in this thread in order to accomplish JUST THAT and yet none of the would-be truth seekers can be bothered to speak up.

Perhaps the other members know what they're doing and don't want off topic posts in the thread. Perhaps they already hit ALERT. Perhaps I'm off topic now but think it's worth the smack on the ass if someone learns something.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Because he stole a box of swisher sweets he's a thug?! Yes, he committed a crime. Does that mean he should have been shot in the back with his body left on the street for 4 hours? No, it doesn't. There is a justice system to handle punishments. Look at the way the situation was handled in the days following the shooting. That police department is out of control.

Sorry, but do you see how he is putting his hands on the store clerk that is confronting him....yes that makes him a thug. The way the community handled it in the days after makes a lot of them thugs as well.....looting, violence, etc....It is a community problem that is being bred into the community.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AgentSmith
In this GRAPHIC PHOTO of his body in the street you can clearly see he is wearing exactly the same clothes (with his long shorts pulled down) as in the CCTV photo.

That does look very similar to the description released of the assault suspect.

Has anyone seen a Cardinals hat in the videos or photos which would add further circumstantial evidence that this was the same person?

My guess is it was most likely left in the cops car when he reached in.....that would be the first thing to come off.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

If this police report is valid, then why is it just now being released. Wouldn't this information being out days ago, helped the Ferguson PD with justification of the shooting?

What I really do not like abut the police report is the fact it mentions Brown by name. There would not have been enough information at store robbery to positively ID Brown in time for the police report. Because of this I suspect the report was written after the fact, in an attempt to make the shooting seem justified.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I'm curious what reason you think they had to do this? Was it justified or planned to test the waters of public reaction by playing it up as something worse then it was: a hate crime. I don't think that's what it was, but certainly the MSM have portrayed it that way.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
To add my two cents on the video? I have just one question. In my mind, it is the ONLY question which matters, before getting to anything else.

Are we seeing a 100% untouched, unedited and unenhanced video as it popped out of the recording equipment or computers of the Quiktrip store....or are we seeing segments and edits, possibly enhanced...from the Fergie or St Louis County PD technical wizards?

I flat out, without qualification, do NOT trust anyone in this situation right now but the State Police (and possibly the FBI). They have NO dog in this hunt, and they have a very capable lab in Jefferson City, Missouri that could answer the above question. If it turns out to be valid...what can we say? If that's him, it's him, and he wasn't such a nice guy after all. Not deserving of multiple shots to a street death ...but so much we don't know.

Is the vid unmodified though...from Departments we can probably agree have a track record fit for an outhouse at this point?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Again, protocols and laws governing such release of info. Also, just releasing it without fully completing the investigation could produce false results........like the communities reaction to the whole situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: amazing
So let's see. shoplifting and petty theft get you a death sentence in Ferguson. Got it. Some of you guys are okay with that?

Horrible.

As long as it's a black "thug" who may or may not be shooting "gang signs" in a picture and was like about to "smoke a blunt" who probably wasn't "raised with respect for right and wrong" and is likely to be killed by "one of his own" at some point in the future. When it's a black kid who gets shot down in the street, then we have to know their height and weight, because that's more important than age when it comes to an unarmed person getting shot in the back by cops.

Now, if you're a white rancher who doesn't want to pay grazing fees, well then you're a hero and a patriot and you can expect armed support to arrive in droves to help you battle against the militarized police who aren't shooting you in the back.

To many, particularly the right-wingers, including those on ATS, white people's property is more important than black people's lives, regardless of the circumstances. Fact.

As far as I can tell from the video the clerk is NOT white. So try again?

link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The timing of the release of this store robbery information is suspicious to me.

The police report raised flags for me. The fact they mentioned Mr. Brown in the robbery report, when they would have had no way of knowing who robbed the store at the time of the police report, just a description that is close to Mr. Brown. The police report seems fraudulent to me, and I suspect the Ferguson PD of adding Mr. Brown's name after the fact in an attempt to justify the shooting.

After hearing the dispatch tapes, I think my suspicion of the Ferguson PD is quite justified.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
My guess is it was most likely left in the cops car when he reached in.....that would be the first thing to come off.

Good point. It could possibly be in there or next to the cruiser.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I could be wrong, but they do not carry guns.

link   

originally posted by: jrod
The police report seems fraudulent to me...

Anything is possible but it seems obvious now that the man engaged in a criminal assault on the clerk was Mr. Brown.

link   

Every action taken by the Ferguson and St Louis Co Police is very questionable.

They had the video on Saturday.

link   

I think they may have been sitting on the info/video to see what the star witness/accomplice dorian Johnson had to say. They already knew what had happened, he went on so many interviews and was used as a stool pigeon, I imagine he will be singing like a canary now in his safe-house under police watch.

link   

originally posted by: Milew23
I could be wrong, but they do not carry guns.

I was referring to myself. That is why I said 'me'.

Sorry if that was not clear.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
To add my two cents on the video? I have just one question. In my mind, it is the ONLY question which matters, before getting to anything else.

Are we seeing a 100% untouched, unedited and unenhanced video as it popped out of the recording equipment or computers of the Quiktrip store....or are we seeing segments and edits, possibly enhanced...from the Fergie or St Louis County PD technical wizards?

I flat out, without qualification, do NOT trust anyone in this situation right now but the State Police (and possibly the FBI). They have NO dog in this hunt, and they have a very capable lab in Jefferson City, Missouri that could answer the above question. If it turns out to be valid...what can we say? If that's him, it's him, and he wasn't such a nice guy after all. Not deserving of multiple shots to a street death ...but so much we don't know.

Is the vid unmodified though...from Departments we can probably agree have a track record fit for an outhouse at this point?

How would that matter? They could not make it look like he reached over the counter more than once and grabbed items and hand them to his partner in thuggery....they can't make it just look like he grabbed the store owner by the shirt collar and shoved him backwards. Edited or not, he strong arm robbed the shop, just as his friendly community did the days following the shooting. Great community! Lets show them our support......please, spare me the "poor me" crap with the folks in this community. Thugs breed thugs and it seems Ferguson is rife with them.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Police Now Claim Michael Brown Was a Robbery Suspect. But Did the Officer Who Killed Brown Believe That When He Pulled the Trigger?

The FPD did, however, post a still from surveillance footage it claims shows Michael Brown in the act of robbing a convenience store of a box of cigars. The claim is being cited by police apologists as important in the context of the shooting of Michael Brown. In my two and a half years covering police brutality issues here at Reason (and before that a year and a half of doing the same on Freedom Watch), and in my years of reading about these kinds of stories, I have never come across an incident where someone suspected of a crime who was shot by cops wasn’t immediately identified as such in initial news reports. Cops make sure this information gets out, because they believe it will strengthen their narrative, provide the right context for their shooting. It’s impossible to say for sure that Wilson didn’t know Brown was a robbery suspect when he engaged him, but if he did know it, police have no compelling reason, and have given none, for why that information was withheld. Considering that mainstream media are often quick to give cops the benefit of the doubt, police identification of Brown as a “suspect” may have kept the national media from covering the story at all.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join