It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
What I can be sure of in this case is that I have been treated to photos of a very young Michael Brown, that was a recent HS graduate, soon off to college... walking to Grandmas house.

Now we see that that has all been so much BS. He is not the 'teddy bear' that the media pushed at us, he was probably getting ready to smoke a blunt that he had stolen from a convenience store. There are photos out of him making hand signals that are supposedly related to the 'Bloods' gang, but those were excused as a common 'black' signal that has nothing to do with gangs on the website that I saw them on.

The neighborhood punished the store owners for ratting Michael out after he robbed them.

The media always portrays the victims as innocent youngsters. They always show a younger looking photo, whether it's Michael Brown, Travon Martin, etc. Plus everyone says he was college bound, as if he was going to campus next month. He was thinking about enrolling. Big difference there. Kinda like when I think about Kate Upton being my wife.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

originally posted by: abe froman
This does not justify murder, however this proves Brown was dangerous. The still photos that are already out, with the police report, add in the witness accounts of Brown reaching into the police car and one shot being fired inside the car, it paints a slightly different picture than aspiring college student in the wrong place at the wrong time. It looks more like convenience store robber assaults officer and struggles for his gun shot dead while fleeing.

In this attack first, internet comment age, everybody plays the victim. I can't wait to see the reaction to this one.
Stills from video, police report from robbery.

Everybody plays the victim? Any reasonable person knows that is absurd.

For Faux News viewers, allow me to be your guide through your own corrupt mind.

The man was a dangerous thug whom has shown contempt of authority in the past . He was as large as a bull --dangerous even while cuffed. A violent animal with no self control. Angry at whites because of BO anti-white policies. He hated whites and hated white America. A probable gang member. Drug use is probably involved. these thugs will play the knockout game if you give them half a second so be vigilant. Your safety is preserved now that this threat was put down.

You can clean up and get out now. Leave the money on the dresser.

Ugh, I hope this was a satire piece, because if it's not, it's based entirely on made up assumptions.

It also matters not if he stole from a store... You can't shoot someone who is "Fleeing" the fact that they are running away PROVES there is no threat.

How can someone who is trying to get away from me be dangerous to me?

The real answer is he can't be. That's when you let them go and put out an APB, they think they got away and they get picked up the next day.

The wrong answer is, I'll shoot at him, even though if I miss, I might kill someone innocent. If he gets away, I'll give chase and I'll participate in being a danger to other people, by forcing him to continue his escape I am forcing myself to be just as dangerous as he is.

If you didn't chase him, he'd drive fast until he realized he "lost" you, and then you can pick him up at his house later. If you give chase, it'll go until the cars don't drive anymore, which means A.) The cop hits you, B.) The car hits a civilian vehicle/house or C.) Multiple people on foot get run over by two cars and the chase continues until either A or B occur.

Which sounds like the safest way to handle that to you?

How many police chases have to go wrong before we realize that police should NEVER chase UNLESS it's a hostage situation.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I'm sorry if this is insensitive but Brown made his own bed. He really did. I feel the cop was justified in shooting him. Yes it is unfortunate that Brown died of this result but the root cause of this was Brown being an idiot. Brown was fleeing but how in the # is the cop to know that he won't go and take someone else's life, steal a car that could have children in them. Then the cop would be crucified that he didn't take appropriate action. The cops now a days are in a lose lose situation. Don't get me wrong their are cases and circumstances where police have been wrong but we can't let that underlie the many success stories and the many good cops I know personally.

So since he was fleeing, the cop gets to make up things this kid might do and is justified shooting him ? Why do people think this is ok? Why could the cop chase him down, he already shot him once and this kid doesn't look like he is running marathons.
I get so sick and tired of this excuse of killing people for what they might do!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
So let's see. shoplifting and petty theft get you a death sentence in Ferguson. Got it. Some of you guys are okay with that?

Horrible.

As long as it's a black "thug" who may or may not be shooting "gang signs" in a picture and was like about to "smoke a blunt" who probably wasn't "raised with respect for right and wrong" and is likely to be killed by "one of his own" at some point in the future. When it's a black kid who gets shot down in the street, then we have to know their height and weight, because that's more important than age when it comes to an unarmed person getting shot in the back by cops.

Now, if you're a white rancher who doesn't want to pay grazing fees, well then you're a hero and a patriot and you can expect armed support to arrive in droves to help you battle against the militarized police who aren't shooting you in the back.

To many, particularly the right-wingers, including those on ATS, white people's property is more important than black people's lives, regardless of the circumstances. Fact.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: buster2010
He has a bottle in his hands not a box of cigars.

He has one hand with a bottle .. and with the other hand he is ASSAULTING the store clerk who is obviously much smaller than he is. When people steal, they usually don't walk out with the item in their hand. It's usually stuffed in pockets or in a shirt or in the pants ...

There is a lot of spin out there with this one. I can't wait for the real facts to come out ... which ever direction they go ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Just thought I'd let you know, there was confusion as to the race of the shooting officer. There are 2 officers with the same name. One is white, the shooter. The other is Afro American, President of the Society of Ethical Officers. I'll just copy over my post from another thread on this.

There has been some confusion as to the race of Officer Darren Wilson. There is an Afro American Officer of the same name, who is the President of the Ethical Society of Police Officers.

From this article the clarification.

The officer was identified as Darren Wilson, who is white, and has been on the police force for six years. He is currently on paid administrative leave. www.msnbc.com...

The other officer of the same name:

Greetings community members of St. Louis, MO and all those across the nation. The Ethical Society of Police has been closely following the events surrounding the unfortunate police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO.

As a result of public outcry and a demand for justice, the Ferguson police officer's name was released and happens to be, Darren Wilson.

The first thing we would like to assure the world is that this is a horrific coincidence.

May I assure the world that this is not the President of the Ethical Society of Police's Sergeant Darren R. Wilson who is African-American, and happens to be an 18 year veteran of the St. Louis Police Department.

I'm sure additional clarification statements will be released immediately.

Thank you for your continued support
www.facebook.com...

FF...I'm watching the actual video from store on CNN, they got a copy of it. Brown is not holding a bottle in his hand. It is package of what I don't know, but indeed a package.

Des
edit on 15-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Unlike what you and other people are doing. This guy was accused of strong arm robbery but it has yet to be proven so maybe you should take your own advice.

I certainly wouldn't say that the person in the video is 100% the person on the ground. I've been saying the entire time I'm waiting for more info. Even if Brown did commit a crime, that doesn't justify a shooting. It does paint a different picture, and would explain why he might try to resist arrest or become combative. Nothing here is a guarantee.

I don't think he was a gangland thug. I have no idea about who he was. Neither do you. This is why I gave you that advice. You seem to blindly believe a witness who has a conflict of interest even without possibly being an accomplice to a crime.

“We see that there’s tape, that they claim they got a tape that shows there was some sort of strong-armed robbery,” said Freeman Bosley, Johnson’s attorney. “We need to see that tape, my client did tell us and told the FBI that they went into the store. He told FBI that [Brown] did take cigarillos. He told that to the DOJ and the St. Louis County Police.”

Johnson is his friend. That lied. And apparently admits to being an accomplice.

Link
edit on 1520140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
...because that's more important than age when it comes to an unarmed person getting shot in the back by cops.

At this point none of us know if he was shot in the back or not. From the photos it does not look like that occurred but he may have been hit in the buttocks and the dark shorts are hiding the entry wound (which will be small).

Only the full ballistics report will show how many shots and where they were located on the body.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I will publicly admit when I am wrong. Sometimes upon passionate topics, we can post with to much haste. And normally I am pretty good about using the edit button. So I will try use the high road for now on.

As nothing justifies murder, as I still agree with you on that.
I just see this topic here, and deflection, as it was released with other information, that just made it seem suspect.
In turn, warping my view point.. So it is time for me to take a step back here, and wait for the video to come out.
Then we can pick back up.
So thus Abe, you have my apology for quickened hastily made comment. I am normally fairly level headed here.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: Destinyone

Thanks for posting that. More proof that what's floating around in the news can't be fully trusted. Some were saying it was a black officer. Others saying white. There is misinformation and the same thing happened with Zimmermans trial. I'll be waiting for official reports to make any comments ....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The media always portrays the victims as innocent youngsters. They always show a younger looking photo, whether it's Michael Brown, Travon Martin, etc. Plus everyone says he was college bound, as if he was going to campus next month. He was thinking about enrolling. Big difference there. Kinda like when I think about Kate Upton being my wife.

Luckily there are concerned apologists to come along and vilify victims in order to somehow justify what would otherwise be considered unjustifiable uses of lethal force.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
i imagine it went like this
"Get something on this kid, i don't care what. we need to spin it so we can justify the murder"
Shoplifting. really. Yeah hes a hardened criminal and deserved everything he got

From looking at the pictures it looks like more than just shoplifting, he assaulted the shopkeeper as well.

well,well,welllll This story certainly has taken a turn hasn`t it? This new information has changed my view of the whole incident.
It wasn`t 2 innocent young men just walking down the street and being harrassed by a cop.

It was 2 thugs making their escape from robbing a store and assaulting the shopkeeper. when a police officer who was investigating the robbery and assault tried to detain/or question them a physical altercation ensued resulting in one of the bandits being shot and killed.

now we know the rest of the story.

I`m much more inclined to believe the officer`s side of the story now.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Simple solution, don't rob stores making yourself a suspect... I'm not saying that bad things don't happen to good, innocent people, but when you act like a criminal you are putting yourself more in harms way for things like this to happen (arrested, shot, etc.)...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No one is curious about why the PD waited five days to mention this "robbery" when that would have long ago diminished, as is evidenced here on this thread, virtually any suspicions that the officer acted criminally?

No one is curious about why only (specifically chosen) stills were released instead of the video?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Luckily there are concerned apologists to come along and vilify victims in order to somehow justify what would otherwise be considered unjustifiable uses of lethal force.

This man was not exactly an innocent himself as it is becoming clear that he was the person in the video that was criminally and violently assaulting another human being.

Does this make it right, if proven true, the officer shot him with his hands up or fleeing? No. But Brown is certainly not blameless in this series of events.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
We're forgetting the bigger issue though, which is the over militarization of our police force and how they tried to squash our constitutional rights. Arresting reporters, putting up a no fly zone, tear gassing camera crews.

We also know that robbery shouldn't equal a death penalty.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: deadeyedick

a reply to: buster2010 That guy also failed to mention that he and brown had robbed a store.

If they did rob the store then why hasn't he been charged for that crime?
He and brown have been identified in the pics at the store. As too why no charges filed there seems to be an agenda to encite riots. imo

crime does not pay

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

At this point none of us know if he was shot in the back or not. From the photos it does not look like that occurred but he may have been hit in the buttocks and the dark shorts are hiding the entry wound (which will be small).

Only the full ballistics report will show how many shots and where they were located on the body.

There's a lot we don't know, but that hasn't stopped this thread from turning into a bunch of rampant speculation intended to vilify Michael Brown and preemptively excuse the actions of the cop has it? There's a poster making blatantly racist remarks in this thread in order to accomplish JUST THAT and yet none of the would-be truth seekers can be bothered to speak up.

I'm all for waiting for more information AND applying the same standards universally.

EDIT:

Right on time:

This man was not exactly an innocent himself as it is becoming clear that he was the person in the video that was criminally and violently assaulting another human being.

The cop gets the benefit of the doubt and deceased is transformed into a likely menace to society.
edit on 2014-8-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: abe froman

Your right it doesn't justify murder, unloading on unarmed people is wrong. . .

Sorry but if someone is throwing punches at me, assaulting me and I am feared for my life and have a gun, I have absolutely no problem using my weapon to defend myself until the threat against my life is neutralized....even if it means I have to kill the person assaulting me. I PRAY THAT NEVER HAPPENS! But if it does I believe I am totally justified. And they aren't unarmed, body parts can be weapons too hands, feet, head etc.

Would you keep shooting if this someone runs away after you shot him the first time, then turns around with his hands up after you shot him a second time? (if that's what really happened)

A human life should have some value. I don't think the shop owner who got robbed wanted Brown dead, at least i would hope so.

People will stop caring about the whole thing in the next few days to weeks. But his family and friends will still have to live with the loss.

Maybe that's just life.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Millers because: word

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

There's a lot we don't know, but that hasn't stopped this thread from turning into a bunch of rampant speculation intended to vilify Michael Brown and preemptively excuse the actions of the cop has it? There's a poster making blatantly racist remarks in this thread in order to accomplish JUST THAT and yet none of the would-be truth seekers can be bothered to speak up.

Well, the whole site is based around speculation as far as I am concerned. I do not see the rationale posters using Brown's obvious criminal activity in the convenience store to excuse an excess use of force if that proves to be true. Most of us are asking for more evidence and detail.

As to the overtly racist, they will be moderated out of the thread and possibly the site as well.
edit on 15-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

And he did shoot him once when he 'reached' for his gun and that stopped the kid from doing whatever was happening then. He then ran, and at that point what justification does the cop have to unload into the kid?
His life is no longer in danger when some one is fleeing!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join