It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You expect all these surveillence videos, testimony, the name of the cop to be released ASAP? That's not how it works. These things take time.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
While it certainly looks to be confirmed that the person lying dead in the street is the same person in the video stills (Mike Brown), we should keep in mind this police department has been previously caught doing some terrible things:
The Day Ferguson Police Were Caught IN A Bloody Lie

Police in Ferguson, Missouri, once charged a man with destruction of property for bleeding on their uniforms while four of them allegedly beat him.

“On and/or about the 20th day of Sept. 20, 2009 at or near 222 S. Florissant within the corporate limits of Ferguson, Missouri, the above named defendant did then and there unlawfully commit the offense of ‘property damage’ to wit did transfer blood to the uniform,” reads the charge sheet.

The address is the headquarters of the Ferguson Police Department, where a 52-year-old welder named Henry Davis was taken in the predawn hours on that date. He had been arrested for an outstanding warrant that proved to actually be for another man of the same surname, but a different middle name and Social Security number.

edit on 15-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: f4rwest
Probably just a case of the "common senses"

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And there you have it folks. This lends more credibility to the officer being justified, IMO. This was a dangerous criminal man with a serious criminal past. This was no innocent little kid. Shame on the media for trying to further divide people and create more distrust.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
To me... the robbery, and possible struggle do not matter.

The crux of my outrage revolved around if he was gunned down standing in the middle of the street with his arms in the air.

If he gained separation from the police officer and was no longer fleeing but was standing still arms in the air unarmed, their is no justification for gunning him down.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Hey, a twofer! Defense Attorney Mark Geragos just said the same thing. Virtual wave hello to CNN.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord It has been noted several times already that the video in no way makes the department less crooked or less in need of a full top down investigation.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack Fair play since people have been calling for violent attacks/murder against him and his family for nearly a week.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
BINGO, that is exactly the point.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

edit on 15-8-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Enough with the personal jabs people. Keep to the topic.

link   
I'm sorry but there are PLENTY of other people in the world to worry about than a stupid kid that was killed minutes after robbing a store. The kid did not deserve to die but I am not going to lose any sleep over the fact he did die. Get outraged over something that matters, which is not this story. The kid was obviously a strong arming thug. Kids like this escalate to worse.....maybe the cop prevented someone else being killed by him. There are many worse things going on in the world than a criminal being killed by a cop. Maybe people should focus on those things instead.

What I do have a problem with is the way this has been portrayed. Wonder what kind of statements are going to come out of this now and how quickly the story will be killed after the video being released. Has Sharpton made any statements on this yet? Doubt it....

link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
a reply to: deadeyedick

You expect all these surveillence videos, testimony, the name of the cop to be released ASAP? That's not how it works. These things take time.
There are many here among us that could have found the words to report the shooting in a manner that would have people waiting instead of rioting. It happens everyday with shootings. You say the officer spoted a person that fit the description of a robbery suspect and that the officer is being held for questioning. More facts about the shooting will be released and the officers identity when we get further into the investagation. You know full well that there is a play book that the police were operating from and simply stating proceedure would have went a long way. Look how quick the fbi got involved and it seems they may have been steering the show.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Are you trying to say that the police faked the video? Or that the cop obviously is a murderer because 4 other cops were jackasses 5 years ago?

I don't think anyone here is saying that the young mans shooting is justified because he robbed a store. I'm not even 100% he actually robbed a store (pretty sure, but certainly wouldn't agree with a conviction based on evidence so far).

Edit to remove a compliment that may have derailed the thread. Let's just say I think you're funny/awesome and I enjoyed all the sore bottoms today.
edit on 1520140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Really, robbery! Come on! It looks more like shoplifting with the use of his size as intimidation. Didn't realize stealing a pack of cigars was a capital offense with the execution to be carried out Wild West style. Oh wait, his crime that day was jaywalking, that's much worse.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord I would be willing to bet that facts like these could be found on nearly every police department. A local town near me was just recently featured on the daily show about cops pulling you over and forcing you to give up your cash. it happened over 150 times. I have always shown that pd respect when i am being givin a speeding ticket there. three different times. I along with most people do not like it but it is legal for them to do. You can not loose your cool with someone with a gun and legal backing. I do not like the facts of our nation but it is what it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: crazyewok
Still the shooting is only justified if he was armed and had his gun drawn.

Maybe its my wimpy British Upbringing and weird British Values

But the police should NEVER shoot EVER unless a suspect is armed and a direct threat to the public.

The police are NOT there too be judge jury and executioner.

No, the shooting WAS justified as Brown reached into the car of the officer trying to get his gun. THAT is what the police have said happened. Trying to take an officers gun, is definitely a justifiable reason to shoot him.

The guy that was walking with Brown said that didn't happen.
Witness: Brown did not reach for police weapon

edit on 15-8-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join