It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans siding with terrorists?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

Try direct link.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bearack

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: lme7898354
It seems funny to me that here is the US we have all kinds of religions worshiped by all kinds of people and we don't go down the street killing each other because they don't believe in what we believe in. Although I have not read the Koran, but the nation of Islam has created more terrorists and hate groups wishing to kill anyone who doesn't fall in line with their beliefs.

Even within a country like Iraq, you have the Suneas and the shea (I'm sure is messed up the spelling) who are both sects of Islam who can't even co-exist in their own country.

footnote: I'm in no way saying that all people of Islam are terrorists but groups like Hamas, Al Quaida and others want to rule by the sword and not by love and peace as any bible preached.

Most Christians aren't following that Biblical mandate by any means. Look at George Bush Jr. He claimed Jesus was his lord and went on to invade two countries, one of which posed no threat (Iraq). This resulted in up to 200,000 civilian deaths. CIVILIAN.

Bush also engaged in torture, a war crime.

Why is it that so many anti-Muslim people and right wingers conveniently forget all of the wars and violence instituted by Christians or Western nations?

People who lay all the carnage of the world at the feet of right wingers are either blinded or just ignorant...

Who bombed the living bajesus out of Libya just recently??

Also...

Kennedy and LBJ perpetrated the Vietnam war where 58,000 Americans were lost and lord knows how many civilians lost.

Roosevelt entered WWII where over 70 million people lost their lives.

Harry Truman (democrat - left winger) was the only person in history to use nuclear weapons on a civilian population (or in general) killing some 200,000 people.

Woodrow Wilson got us into WWI where 117,000 Americans lost their lives and some 37 million people lost their lives.

We could go back and forth and the evils of our so called political parties but most rational people will realize that there was bad mojo performed by both party affiliations over the history of this nation. Some warranted and some not so warranted.

Don't mkistake "Democratic Party" with "left-wing." The Democrats are only on the left when you measure them against Republicans. The dominant parties in the US are a far-right party and a center-right party. Just because the far right insits the center-right is "leftist" doesn't actually make it so.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Philistia (Hebrew: פלשת‎, "Pleshet") was a Pentapolis in south-western Levant, comprising Ashkelon, Ashdod, Ekron, Gath, and Gaza, established by migrant tribes (possibly the Sea Peoples), called the Philistines c.1175 BCE. The establishment is attributed to the defeat of Sea Peoples by Egyptian ruler Ramses III and their settlement in south-western Canaan. The Pentapolis was in constant struggle and interaction with the neighbouring EgyptIans, Israelites and Canaanites, gradually absorbing the Canaanite culture. Philistia is described to have ruled major parts of southern Canaan at the peak of its expansion, but was eventually conquered and subdued by neighbouring Israelites. The Pentapolis ceased to exist following the Assyrian conquest of the Levant in 722 BCE. Philistia is thought to be the precursor to the Hellenic and Roman term Palaestina (

en.wikipedia.org...

Since the 'Philistines' came from Greece, and Asia Minor who 'religion' at the time was all about many GODS, and Allah, and Yaweah wasn't their names.

Pentapolis is a GREEK name for the five cities.

What people called ''Palestinians' today are arabs, and speak arabic, and do so because of centuries of conquest.

Hadrian coined the world 'Palestina' from the conquest of the Roman Empire.

3000 YEARS of conquest only to become the conquered modern day events in that region is nothing new, and sure the EFF did not start when the 'state' of Isreal was created.

That 'state' existed long before the last century.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bearack

Okay I've watched the video.

I'll just reiterate my question. What did the Palestinians have to do with the 9/11 attacks? Did they instigate or carry out the attacks? No.

A small bunch of people are shown allegedly celebrating the attacks and now all Palestinians are somehow guilty by association or somehow linked with the attacks?

Rubbish.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

I'll admit that I didn't know that.

It needs someone to take the first step and actually not just resort to violence each time or say that this side did this or that.

I can't side either side doing that to be honest.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Anyone who doesn't think religion isn't driving what is currently going on isn't paying attention to current events.

Israel versus Palestine can be summed up as the world's first, and longest running blood feud.

Between the 'Hatfields' and the 'McCoys'.

It is about 'christian right', and 'damnation wrong'.

Neither side has any future if the status quo doesn't change.

Both sides are far too content destroying their future's where as they both should be building a new one.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

This comes to mind

edit on 21-7-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

And this comes to mind:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist

originally posted by: Bearack

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: lme7898354
It seems funny to me that here is the US we have all kinds of religions worshiped by all kinds of people and we don't go down the street killing each other because they don't believe in what we believe in. Although I have not read the Koran, but the nation of Islam has created more terrorists and hate groups wishing to kill anyone who doesn't fall in line with their beliefs.

Even within a country like Iraq, you have the Suneas and the shea (I'm sure is messed up the spelling) who are both sects of Islam who can't even co-exist in their own country.

footnote: I'm in no way saying that all people of Islam are terrorists but groups like Hamas, Al Quaida and others want to rule by the sword and not by love and peace as any bible preached.

Most Christians aren't following that Biblical mandate by any means. Look at George Bush Jr. He claimed Jesus was his lord and went on to invade two countries, one of which posed no threat (Iraq). This resulted in up to 200,000 civilian deaths. CIVILIAN.

Bush also engaged in torture, a war crime.

Why is it that so many anti-Muslim people and right wingers conveniently forget all of the wars and violence instituted by Christians or Western nations?

People who lay all the carnage of the world at the feet of right wingers are either blinded or just ignorant...

Who bombed the living bajesus out of Libya just recently??

Also...

Kennedy and LBJ perpetrated the Vietnam war where 58,000 Americans were lost and lord knows how many civilians lost.

Roosevelt entered WWII where over 70 million people lost their lives.

Harry Truman (democrat - left winger) was the only person in history to use nuclear weapons on a civilian population (or in general) killing some 200,000 people.

Woodrow Wilson got us into WWI where 117,000 Americans lost their lives and some 37 million people lost their lives.

We could go back and forth and the evils of our so called political parties but most rational people will realize that there was bad mojo performed by both party affiliations over the history of this nation. Some warranted and some not so warranted.

Don't mkistake "Democratic Party" with "left-wing." The Democrats are only on the left when you measure them against Republicans. The dominant parties in the US are a far-right party and a center-right party. Just because the far right insits the center-right is "leftist" doesn't actually make it so.

If you don't think Wilson, Roosevelt and Truman were not Left wing, then you really have no grasp of politics in the US. Kennedy was a Moderate, slightly left of center. LBJ however (his civil rights move was mainly political and had nothing to do with actual civil rights) was a progressive. However, so was Bush but he just happened to have an R behind his name.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
You are sadly misinformed..................peace bro....

please inform the unwashed masses , all i know of the ongoing incident is that Hamas launches rockets from areas populated with Palestinian civilians and then when isreal counter-attacks Hamas hides in tunnels. Hamas is trying to commit genocide on the people on Palestine, Hamas is as bad as the Nazis were

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

They had nothing to do with the attacks. I will concur that point. However, the point is of the mind set. There are many Arab Muslims that only believe in Sharia which means total destruction to all infidels. Watching an infidel nation such as the US burn in their eyes is worth rejoicing.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
If you took over my house and forced me to live in the cellar because a book of fairy tales you showed me said the house was promised to you by someone on page five hundred and twelve, I'd be miffed! I'd probably burn the whole house down!

What do you not understand that Israel was Jewish a long time before the Arabs ever thought about running a country!!!!! It was the Arabs that stole it from the Jews, that is why the UN gave it back to the Jews!

They're hundreds more Jewish and Christian sites in Israel that out date anything Islamic by a long shot.

How do you explain that Mr. Bookworm? You cant so stuff your propaganda!

Not to mention, Israel GAVE Gaza to the Pallys who never had a state. Israel has only got rockets and mortars since so Israel can wipe them from the earth for all I care.

The greatest tragedy in the middle east was when Israel made their own people leave their homes in Gaza. Something everyone in Israel now regrets.

Palestine was only a REGION in biblical times. It encompassed all of Israel, Jordan, parts of Iraq, Syria and Saudi Arabia.

Pan Jordan a nation that never existed prior to the world wars was specifically set aside for the Arabs. The Israelis have no problem living with Arabs, Its the Arabs who can not live with Jews!!!!!

The Land will always be Israeli and controlled by the Jews till the end of time. They will never be defeated in war and lose that land again.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I wonder. . . if Mexico started bombing the US, should we appease Mexico and hand over Texas?

i try to use this same argument with certain people and all i get is

"the Jews are Nazis "
and
" Obama is Hitler"
people don't seem to get that Israel only counter-attacks

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And every time the Jews were persecuted and most times removed from their land of Israel to be slaves. The Nation of Israel today is but a sliver of what they had before, being overran by the Arabs. They destroyed their temples and turned the land to waste just like Gaza today.

It was not till the Jews we given some of their land back did it start to grow crops (Bare Fruit) to support anyone.

Soon we wont have to hear the Arabs crying about Israel is our land. When Russia comes to help the Arabs take over Israel, The Israelis will wipe them all out.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

I'll admit that I didn't know that.

It needs someone to take the first step and actually not just resort to violence each time or say that this side did this or that.

I can't side either side doing that to be honest.

Israel has sat around and talked for months before the last time they had to through Hamas a beating. Hamas is a proxy of Iran. Every family in Gaza is a paid terrorist. This is why not one of the other Arab nations will take them in. God knows the Arabs have plenty of land for them. They are supposed to live in Pan Jordan anyway!! They all had Jordanian passports!! Those who did not sneak in just to fight.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I think it's damn right sad.

The arabs/islam controls that vast area.

Throw a hissy fit about one tiny country.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It was never a state. It was a vast REGION. Kind of like what we call the Middle-east today. The only NATION at that time was the nation of Egypt, Israel, Syria one could say. In that area anyway.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Absolutely, its a crime. It all boils down to the Jews being persecuted for not accepting that Jesus was their messiah. As the bible does say, that and at this time to the end they will never lose their land again in war, Just through a false peace agreement after the Gog-Magog war.

The Gog-Magog war is going to happen soon and when it does it will be in that area but make the world wars seem small by ferociousness. It is after the peace deal that the Anti-Christ conspires with the rest of the worlds nations and then they all come against Israel for using nuclear weapons in the Gog-Magog war.

Even though they did not have a choice.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Easy. Americans are siding with the terrorists (Israel), because they _are_ the terrorists themselves. Just count the number of countries in the last 70 years alone...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Unfortunately most of the post I'm replying here seems to be wild-eyed reactionary garbage. B ut you know what? Let no one say I didn't try.

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

originally posted by: minkmouse
If you took over my house and forced me to live in the cellar because a book of fairy tales you showed me said the house was promised to you by someone on page five hundred and twelve, I'd be miffed! I'd probably burn the whole house down!

What do you not understand that Israel was Jewish a long time before the Arabs ever thought about running a country!!!!! It was the Arabs that stole it from the Jews, that is why the UN gave it back to the Jews!

Well no... "Arabs" didn't conquer much of anything. Problem here is that there simply weren't enough Arabs to pull it off. The hejaz is hardly the world's most populous place today, and it was even less so in the 7th century. There's just no reality behind this fantasy of untold hordes of scimitar-waving Arabs riding out and conquering half the world. What you do have is a new religion spreading in the region like wildfire, paired with an egalitarian social movement that drove people to overthrow corrupt and despotic monarchies and theocracies and install instead the concept of rule by the 'ummah.

Think of how Protestantism spread in Europe - it's not because raving hordes of pike-waving Swiss came charging out of the Alps and conquered Europe to the tune of Calvinism.

Also, though jews hadn't held the territory in any meaningful way since the Herod dynasty )and even then only as a vassal of Rome), they made up a sizable minority in the region. and remained so after the region swapped majority religion.

They're hundreds more Jewish and Christian sites in Israel that out date anything Islamic by a long shot.

How do you explain that Mr. Bookworm? You cant so stuff your propaganda!

Maybe it's because they're both older than Islam? Is this supposed to be a meaningful argument over something?

Not to mention, Israel GAVE Gaza to the Pallys who never had a state. Israel has only got rockets and mortars since so Israel can wipe them from the earth for all I care.

There is so much nonsense wrapped up in this mess that I don't even know where to begin. Israel didn't give anything to anyone. It removed some of its illegal settlements from someone else's territory, and abandoned its other obligations as occupier to boot.

The greatest tragedy in the middle east was when Israel made their own people leave their homes in Gaza. Something everyone in Israel now regrets.

Criminals often dislike that their loot goes back to the rightful owner after the law catches up with them.

Palestine was only a REGION in biblical times. It encompassed all of Israel, Jordan, parts of Iraq, Syria and Saudi Arabia.

Well, "biblical times" were three thousand years ago. Pretending that three thousand years ago has some deep relevance to today is just dumb. Sorry.

Also, the claim itself is incorrect. You're thinking of Syria, perhaps.

Pan Jordan a nation that never existed prior to the world wars was specifically set aside for the Arabs. The Israelis have no problem living with Arabs, Its the Arabs who can not live with Jews!!!!!

Transjordan. Really, you need to at least get the correct terms going.

The Land will always be Israeli and controlled by the Jews till the end of time. They will never be defeated in war and lose that land again.

You seem to revolve your arguments around the Bible. Tell me - What happens to the Jews in the bible, every time they set something as a higher priority than God?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join