It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans siding with terrorists?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Are you an Islamic scholar now ?

Why not post the full passage ?

This ayat is in reference to a war that took place where by Muslims were being attacked .

But if they turn away, catch them and slaughter them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks.” (4:89)

This verse has been misquoted like the previous verse, out of context. Here is the full passage:

4:88-91 Why should ye be divided into two parties about the Hypocrites? Allah hath upset them for their (evil) deeds. Would ye guide those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way? For those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way, never shalt thou find the Way. They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): so take not friends from their ranks until they forsake the domain of evil in the way of God (from what is forbidden). But if they revert to [open] enmity, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks. Except those who join a group between whom and you there is a treaty (Of peace), or those who approach you with hearts restraining them from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. If God had pleased, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you: therefore if they withdraw from you but fight you not, and (instead) send you (guarantees of) peace, then God hath opened no way for you (to war against them). Others you will find that wish to gain your confidence as well as that of their people: every time they are sent back to temptation, they succumb thereto; if they withdraw not from you nor give you (guarantees) of peace besides restraining their hands, seize them and slay them wherever ye get them; in their case We have provided you with a clear argument against them

So in the same manner as the first verse, this verse also only commands Muslims to fight those who practice oppression or persecution, or attack the Muslims. And in the event of a battle, the same laws of war are in place and a Muslim who transgresses limits should prepare for the punishment of God. In response to a question on verses 4:88-89, Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi quotes the verses in their full context and then asks the following:

Now tell me honestly, do these verses give a free permission to kill any one anywhere? These verses were revealed by God to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), at the time when Muslims were attacked by the non-Muslims of Makkah on a regular basis. They were frightening the Muslim community of Madinah. One may say using the contemporary jargon that there were constant terrorist attacks on Madinah and in this situation Muslims were given permission to fight back the “terrorist”. These verses are not a permission for “terrorism” but they are a warning against the “terrorists.” But even in these warnings you can see how much restraint and care is emphasized. (SOURCE, emphasis added)

It is also important to note that the Qur’an clearly condemns murder. The Qur’an says about the prohibition of murder,

6:151 Take not life, which God hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus does He command you, that ye may learn wisdom. 17:33 Nor take life, which God has made sacred, except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully, We have given his heir authority (to demand Qisas(retribution) or to forgive): but let him not exceed bounds in the matter of taking life; for he is helped (by the law) 5:32…if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people

edit on 0586063175876th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 0017073170177th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinbcheck your history mate . the people of palestine are the new indians and the jews are the europeans trying to push them out of their own country. isreal is not the promised land the un morons sent the jewish people to live in palestine because they didn't know where else to put them., afterward the jewish settlers just started gobbling up the so called promised land. did you not hear jewish navy fired at a beach of children a few days ago killing nost of them. and you ask why the palestinians hate them so. yes i am a christian but i do not believe my god would want anyone to gight over a scrap of dirt.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

Meaning, "since they're not Muslim, it is justified".

What about this one from quran.com?

quran.com...

They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.

And again you have provided your own spin and mistranslated a verse.... A disbeliever isn't just someone who isn't a Muslim, a disbeliever is anyone who does not believe in God and it doesn't matter what religion they come from...

I take it you have not read the Qu'ran and only use selected verses to try and justify your point? The Qu'ran mentions Christians and Jews, the Qu'ran cites the Gospels, the Qu'ran clearly explains what it considers righteous.

Indeed, those who have believed [in Prophet Muhammad] and those [before Him] who were Jews or Sabeans or Christians - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve. 5:69

Now if you want to go into the Islamic Extremist part, then I can answer that for you also through the Qu'ran. There is one verse that simply excludes a certain group of Muslims from Islam and these Muslims are in bed with the enemy.

O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people. 5:51

So with that verse the following can be made.

- Christians and Jews can be righteous through the Qu'ran but there are also Christians and Jews who are not righteous.

- Any Muslim who takes alliances with Christians and Jews is disowned from Islam.

Now, go to your Islamic Extremists and work out where they are getting their money and weapons from.. Those people have taken alliances with unrighteous Christians and Jews. Going off the above, the Qu'ran seperates itself from those people and therefore regardless of what the likes of ISIS and other Extremists groups believe, they have been disowned from there very own religion. They are not Islamic. They are simply Extremists with Western agenda's.

Stop focusing on selected verses, the Qu'ran is better understood when it is interpreted as a whole, not a line here and a line over there. I actually encourage you to read all of Al-Maidah, just about the entire book speaks about Christians and Jews.
edit on 20-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

No actually I am not dead wrong. If it had anything to do with religion, then we must conclude there isn't one the Israelis like and accept.

Jewish settlers throw stones at christian children in occupied territories on their way to school, Palestinian Jews are treated as second class citizens in their own country, little more than dogs.... Jews trying to come from countries as refugees are treated with contempt and hatred.

Lets see.... who do they like again? No one? Or is this simply about everything BUT religion?

I'm going with it has not one thing at all to do with religion.... you can choose whatever you please, but if you are a Palestinian, it matters not what religion you are... your treated like dogs.

You are free to utilize google on any of the phrases I used, and will find matching stories... if your of a mind to learn anything.
edit on 20-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
"Death to America. Death to Israel. Death to disbelievers. Alahu Akbar".

- Muslim Extremist #28402

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Death to that guy. And his friends.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You're quoting yourself quoting something you made up, then calling for death to "that guy".

Does there need to be an intervention, smithjustinb? Don't do it, there's so much to live for! Captain Crunch is delicious!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist

You're quoting yourself quoting something you made up, then calling for death to "that guy".

Does there need to be an intervention, smithjustinb? Don't do it, there's so much to live for! Captain Crunch is delicious!

You're funny. But, these people actually say these things. Believe it or not.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Netanyahu was recently quoted as saying, "Hamas targets civilians".
Fact: Missiles do not differentiate between military personnel and civilians. How many innocent women and children have died since the beginning of the Israeli offensive?
Exactly.
I can't wait to be labeled a "jew hater" when that isn't even close to the truth. There is a HUGE difference between Judaism and Zionism. Israel is a Zionist government. Zionists hide behind Judaism and when people speak out about the genocide occurring in Palestine, they are labeled anti-semitic. I don't hate anyone except those who aid in the suffering of other human beings. I am pro-humanity and the crimes against Palestine needs to end now!

Go to youtube and search for the difference between Zionism and Judaism and educate yourself with the assistance of Orthodox Jews. To label the Palestinians terrorists shows ignorance of the actual conflict and reasons for it.

edit on 20-7-2014 by Mensa180 because: typo from my crappy auto-correct

edit on 20-7-2014 by Mensa180 because: Sigh. the same reason as before.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist

You're funny. But, these people actually say these things. Believe it or not.

People say allot of things......

Sticks and stones Love!

Sticks and stones...

~Cpt jack sparrow

edit on 029101031729710th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Actually I would dare anyone who comments on the Quran, to actually read it.
I don't believe in god, but I have read the Bible and the Quran.
Stop being ignorant and read both, you would possibly realize that both are related and if you did not know already if you actually pray to God, you pray to the same God as any muslim.
Sadly both sides forget this.
Islam and Christianity as well as Judaism are sister religions, but all the extremist and intolerant people fail to realize it. Please stop being ignorant and realize that stuff and you are way better than the extremist that are not realizing it.
Read the Old Testament and tell me again that this is different from the stuff that is written in the Quran

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'd just like to say that religion needs to be abolished. It's stopping us from achieving so much, it's sad.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

"Why are Americans siding with terrorists?"

It's not the first time in history they've done this. From funding IRA terrorists in Britain to (hilariously) funding the Taliban when fighting the Russians (operation cyclone).

It didn't feel much sympathy when 9/11 happened and America's collective bottom fell out.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

wtf. WHY was my post removed? It was ON TOPIC.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mensa180

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

People say allot of things......

Sticks and stones Love!

Sticks and stones...

~Cpt jack sparrow

Sticks and stones may break my bones, and so will flying a plane into the tallest building in the world in the name of Allah.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

There will be no peace as long as Isreal maintains the racist Apartheid state and subjugates the Palestinians to prison conditions, economic starvation, blockade and continued theft of their land. Palestinians don't have an army or navy or air force and don't pose any competent threat to Israel. israel have continied to be the agressor provolking attack by no honoring the 1967 accords and has been sanctioned by the UN something like 167 times for such. You would clearly see its a prison camp if your children had to grow up in Palestine under the thumb of isreali opression.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

The Palestine-Israeli conflict is not about land. Its about a group of people who think anyone who doesn't believe what they believe should die. Why are so many people ignorant to this? The Palestinians could live in peace in Israel if they stopped wanting to kill them because they're not Muslim. Why is Israel to blame? Israel's core belief doesn't demand that the Jews kill everyone that isn't Jewish. But there are 164 verses of Jihad in the Quran. So Palestinians wage war. How are so many people ignorant of this? How are you?

Its not Israels fault that crazy people want to and have always wanted to kill them because they aren't the same brand of crazy.

"Death to America. Death to Israel. Alahu Akbar"

How can you support people who have the same beliefs that caused 3000 people to die on 9/11 and 15000 soldiers to die defending you from them since then?

So true.

All of these people are ignoring the 100,000s of arabs killed by Assad, 300 today.

They only care when Jews are involved.

This website is biased. I noticed Anglojew was banned for posting truthful comments whilst people can constantly attack Israel and Jews and nothing happens to them.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: logicguy69

So true.

All of these people are ignoring the 100,000s of arabs killed by Assad, 300 today.

They only care when Jews are involved.

This website is biased. I noticed Anglojew was banned for posting truthful comments whilst people can constantly attack Israel and Jews and nothing happens to them.

Not the right place to bring up Syria taking into consideration your tax dollars are also contributing to the slaughter of 1000's of people there also.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I wonder. . . if Mexico started bombing the US, should we appease Mexico and hand over Texas?

If Mexico was bombing the US because the US rolls over the border and occupies Mexican land, perhaps not doing so would make them stop bombing.

I wonder...(assuming that the US didn't have the armed forces they have) if Canada illegally started to build homes for Canadians in the US and protected them with their army, would you try to stop them, try to kick them out with whatever means you have at hand? If so, would you be a terrorist?

Would anyone in that situation just sit and let it happen, like some obviously want the Palestinians to do? Or would you stand and fight?

What about the resitance fighters and partisans in WW2 that bombed the invading German Wehrmacht? Were they terrorists for defending their country? From the invading army's point of view they certainly were.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join