It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: begoodbees
It is not in ones dna, it is a learned behavior plain and simple. Deny ignorance please.

Yes .. please start denying ignorance. It would be nice.
You are dead wrong.

Huffington Post

A 1992 study showed that the anterior commissure, a smaller connection between the brain’s two hemispheres, is larger in homosexual men than in straight men.

Science Magazine - A difference in hypothalamic structure between heterosexual and homosexual men

The anterior hypothalamus of the brain participates in the regulation of male-typical sexual behavior. The volumes of four cell groups in this region [interstitial nuclei of the anterior hypothalamus (INAH) 1, 2, 3, and 4] were measured in postmortem tissue from three subject groups: women, men who were presumed to be heterosexual, and homosexual men. No differences were found between the groups in the volumes of INAH 1, 2, or 4. As has been reported previously, INAH 3 was more than twice as large in the heterosexual men as in the women. It was also, however, more than twice as large in the heterosexual men as in the homosexual men. This finding indicates that INAH is dimorphic with sexual orientation, at least in men, and suggests that sexual orientation has a biological substrate.

PET and MRI show differences in cerebral asymmetry and functional connectivity between homo- and heterosexual subjects

Cerebral responses to putative pheromones and objects of sexual attraction were recently found to differ between homo- and heterosexual subjects. Although this observation may merely mirror perceptional differences, it raises the intriguing question as to whether certain sexually dimorphic features in the brain may differ between individuals of the same sex but different sexual orientation. We addressed this issue by studying hemispheric asymmetry and functional connectivity, two parameters that in previous publications have shown specific sex differences. Ninety subjects [25 heterosexual men (HeM) and women (HeW), and 20 homosexual men (HoM) and women (HoW)] were investigated with magnetic resonance volumetry of cerebral and cerebellar hemispheres. Fifty of them also participated in PET measurements of cerebral blood flow, used for analyses of functional connections from the right and left amygdalae. HeM and HoW showed a rightward cerebral asymmetry, whereas volumes of the cerebral hemispheres were symmetrical in HoM and HeW. No cerebellar asymmetries were found. Homosexual subjects also showed sex-atypical amygdala connections. In HoM, as in HeW, the connections were more widespread from the left amygdala; in HoW and HeM, on the other hand, from the right amygdala. Furthermore, in HoM and HeW the connections were primarily displayed with the contralateral amygdala and the anterior cingulate, in HeM and HoW with the caudate, putamen, and the prefrontal cortex. The present study shows sex-atypical cerebral asymmetry and functional connections in homosexual subjects. The results cannot be primarily ascribed to learned effects, and they suggest a linkage to neurobiological entities.

Sexual orientation and the size of the anterior commissure in the human brain

The anterior commissure, a fiber tract that is larger in its midsagittal area in women than in men, was examined in 90 postmortem brains from homosexual men, heterosexual men, and heterosexual women. The midsagittal plane of the anterior commissure in homosexual men was 18% larger than in heterosexual women and 34% larger than in heterosexual men. This anatomical difference, which correlates with gender and sexual orientation, may, in part, underlie differences in cognitive function and cerebral lateralization among homosexual men, heterosexual men, and heterosexual women. Moreover, this finding of a difference in a structure not known to be related to reproductive functions supports the hypothesis that factors operating early in development differentiate sexually dimorphic structures and functions of the brain, including the anterior commissure and sexual orientation, in a global fashion.

Stress during pregnancy results in higher numbers of homosexual births.
Brain Development and Sexual Orientation

Homosexuality = natural sexual variant in different animal species, including humans.

Please explain identical twins that when grown do not share the same sexual preference. This has been scientifically observed and studied. Their dna is identical. This disproves that it is genetic. It is quite simple.

all of the links and paragraphs in the world cannot refute the simple proven truth. Maybe "deny being indoctrinated by propaganda" is a better term for you to grasp on to.
edit on 10-6-2014 by begoodbees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: smithjustinb
I believe it is a mental disorder. Be it a choice or something you're born with. Men have penises. Girls have vaginas. The penis is meant to go into the vagina and the seed is meant to fertilize an egg. We're given sexual desires to see that this process goes through. When the sexual desire doesn't correspond to the intended process of procreation according to the anatomical disposition, that is a problem. Proponent emotional context aside, you have to see how something doesn't add up there.

Hoo boy, do I have news for you. Not everyone wants to have offspring, or many of them. Many people who put the plug in the outlet decide enough offspring after 1 or 2 or a few more than that. I had my tubes tied after our second. It's not my job to populate the planet from first pregnancy to the last to make the conservatives happy about what the orgasm may or may not end up producing. Capisce?

The only people I have met that do not want to have children are people who are totally self involved/selfish. I would even go so far as to say that they have a mental disorder. Narcissism perhaps?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

If only Pharma could come up with a pill that would make those annoying urges go away for those folks

Which folks ?

The GOP ?

Hell if they could make a pill to 'take the GOP away' they would be on it quicker than you know what.

Not only that they would create a government program, and rob from the rich to pay for it.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

If their conclusion is that its not a mental disorder, when I get done reading it, my conclusion will still be that they don't have enough information.

That's it. I"m done. You are the one with the problem.

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
You have a mental problem.

Religious Indoctrination Trauma Syndrome ... I just gave it a name.
Huffington Post

An Oxford University researcher and author specializing in neuroscience has suggested that one day religious fundamentalism may be treated as a curable mental illness.

I wonder how anti-homosexual religious fundamentalists will feel when people start treating them the way they treated homosexuals. That'll be interesting. Bet they wont like it.

This is useless. Im out
/out

Isn't that what is happening right here and now in this thread. The gays and their supporters are the biggest bigots of them all. You are proving it right now. Someone disagrees and the bigots attack. Look up the word bigot. It is describing the gay lobby, not people who respectfuly disagree.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

And, as a society, we shouldn't encourage behavior that goes against the anatomical design.

Who are doing the encouraging? We don't give a flip what people do.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

As long as you don't use your reproductive system in ways that go against the disposition of your reproductive system, there's nothing wrong with your brain.

My point is that it is no one's job to appease those viewpoints. If you want straight-up straight sex, have it. If you want kids the old-fashioned penis & vagina mattress mambo way, do it. It's no one's duty to conform to those acts to make conservatives happy. Make yourself happy & do it yourself, and leave everyone else be.

That's exactly how it should be and that's how it was. So why is this gay propaganda everywhere now. No one was stalking gays and harassing them. Fine, be gay but leave everyone else alone.

That's not what is happening now is it? Now it is consent/comply or be persecuted/penalized. It's just another line on which to divide us in order to maintain control over all of us.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

I believe it is a mental disorder. Be it a choice or something you're born with. Men have penises. Girls have vaginas. The penis is meant to go into the vagina and the seed is meant to fertilize an egg. We're given sexual desires to see that this process goes through.

What about hermaphrodites?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

how do you explain one identical twin (genetically identical) being gay and the other straight? It happens and has been studied.

It is not in ones dna, it is a learned behavior plain and simple. Deny ignorance please.

If one removes the false pretext that it is something one is born with then one must draw the conclusion that it is an affect of environment and life experience. And in turn should not be promoted to children as "normal" or even "ok". It should be treated as what it is and what it always has been. A social disorder that can be treated and prevented.

Now that that's out of the way, go Texas! Some one has to counter all of this ridiculous propaganda that is being pushed on the oh so gullible public.

Wait ....LOL you just said it was a learned behavior and basically a simple choice. It's neither. One does not simply choose ones sexual orientation. You did not wake up and choose to be straight. Let's deny ignorance, shall we?

I said no such thing. Please read again.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think parents should have the right to have a baby and raise that child to puberty without ever having to see a same sex couple engaged in anytype of physical manifestations of feelings. ie hand holding kissing or spewing off at the mouth about how they were born that way. It is not a natural behavior for the majority of the masses so why must you corrupt every young mind with a non reproducing way of life.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

If only Pharma could come up with a pill that would make those annoying urges go away for those folks

Which folks ?

The GOP ?

Hell if they could make a pill to 'take the GOP away' they would be on it quicker than you know what.

Not only that they would create a government program, and rob from the rich to pay for it.

Rob from the middle class is more like it. After all the rich aren't going to rob themselves now are they.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Sorry, I'm not really sure that the quotes and studies you provided make the point that homosexuality is in a persons DNA.
Wouldn't you have to show that changes in brain morphology don't occur as a result of environment/habits/etc.?

For example, I've read that the brains of children who study a musical instrument intensively are not only different morphologically than a non musicians, but that those changes occur over time as they engage in the activity. Is this a load of BS?

Who's to say that morphological changes in the brain don't occur as a result of environment/activities/habits/attitudes and etc.?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I think parents should have the right to have a baby and raise that child to puberty without ever having to see a same sex couple engaged in anytype of physical manifestations of feelings. ie hand holding kissing or spewing off at the mouth about how they were born that way. It is not a natural behavior for the majority of the masses so why must you corrupt every young mind with a non reproducing way of life.

Exactly! that is what this is really all about. Corrupt the children, each generation slightly more than the on before. Eventually you have degraded the fabric of society (the family unit) into a mush all ready to be made into mashed potatoes and served to your boogey man of choice.
edit on 10-6-2014 by begoodbees because: grammer is important

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Which folks ?

The GOP ?

I was speaking of people dealing with annoying urges, specifically those who dramatically espouse a hardline "conservative" stance while secretly harboring (or 'closeting', as often befits a secret sexuality issue) traditionally "liberal" tendancies.

I doubt a pill to alleviate 'annoying urges' would automatically turn Republicans into Democrats, so you probably need not worry. However, if such a pill would cause people to become more tolerant it might do away with politics altogether.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erongaricuaro

Which folks ?

The GOP ?

I was speaking of people dealing with annoying urges, specifically those who dramatically espouse a hardline "conservative" stance while secretly harboring (or 'closeting', as often befits a secret sexuality issue) traditionally "liberal" tendancies.

I doubt a pill to alleviate 'annoying urges' would automatically turn Republicans into Democrats, so you probably need not worry. However, if such a pill would cause people to become more tolerant it might do away with politics altogether.

How about a pill to make people see that dems and repubs are playing on the same team which is not our team. Good cop bad cop. They play to our differences so that we target each other instead of the real problem which is them.

I think it was invented long ago but is now illegal. No surprise there.
edit on 10-6-2014 by begoodbees because: grammer is important

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The world would definately be a better place sans politics, but that ain't ever going to happen.

But then again with regards to the topic them evil conservatives are doing the LGBT community a favor even if they don't realize it.

The majority of marriages end in divorce, more than half.

The LGBT community doesn't have to worry about child support, alimoney,palimony, and their other haves taking everything they own.

I would say the evil gop hates straight people more than they do LGBT's.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Exactly! that is what this is really all about. Corrupt the children, each generation slightly more than the on before. Eventually you have degraded the fabric of society (the family unit) into a mush all ready to be made into mashed potatoes and served to your boogey man of choice.

Ok, so read both statements above again and tell me again how that isn't bigotry???

You want the right to Never See Anyone Acting in a Way Which You Don't Want to See!!

big·ot·ry ˈbigətrē/ noun noun: bigotry; plural noun: bigotries bigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

edit on 10-6-2014 by mOjOm because: First quote didn't show up

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sensibleSenseless

What also of those who seem to have a change in orientation - you haven't covered why this happens.

You are describing bisexuality.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: begoodbees
Nothing quite so selfish as not wanting to bring a child into this messed up world, and not wanting to contribute to the overpopulation of this planet.

Totally selfish.

How do you people come up with this stuff?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Thank you!!

Glad to see another voice of sanity here!!

The idea that anyone who chooses Not to have a child is mentally ill or selfish is just insane. Because there couldn't be any other reason than mental illness for not having kids in today's world??? Yah, right....

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
a reply to: begoodbees
Nothing quite so selfish as not wanting to bring a child into this messed up world, and not wanting to contribute to the overpopulation of this planet.

Totally selfish.

How do you people come up with this stuff?

Now you are mad people have a kid ?

Totally selfish ?

They come up with it after a few adult beverages...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join