It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I don't have a degree in neuroscience.

I have a degree in psychology.

I've posted information straight from people educated in this. People without 'skin in the game'. For decades and decades they've agreed ... homosexuality is a normal variant of human sexuality. You do yourself a disservice by not reading the information they have gathered through their research.

If their conclusion is that its not a mental disorder, when I get done reading it, my conclusion will still be that they don't have enough information.
which is called closed minded bigotry.

You have a mental problem.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The Nutcracker suit

Apologies to any who don’t have them, but for those that have, just how painful is it when you receive a blow to the ‘nuts’ (blow as in hit ). It always struck me that there is a part of the body that should be more protected, being that as pugilistic beings, a hit there is totally debilitating = game over. I can only assume it would be akin to being kicked in the ovaries.

And there that thought remained, for years, until my awakening last year in Far North Queensland. If you are going to awaken somewhere, it might as well be in one of the Lion’s Dens, though I very nearly didn’t make it out alive. Anyway, it’s hot there. Really Hot. 40 degrees hot outside, and I was working in a metal shed with no air conditioning. I couldn’t undress, for safety and humanitarian reasons, so methods of cooling were sought.

Out came the razor. And then it struck me – what on earth has gone on down there! Have a look (internet or razor – your choice). There is scar tissue, skin grafting, a sheath that often doesn’t fit properly, all sorts of stuff. It looks like an amateur plastic surgeon had a field day. Now from what I remember, and it has been a long time, females don’t fare much better in that area. Bits lopped off, bits added on. Hang on a minute, what on earth is that scar running from the base of the scrotum to anus! Of course, our testicle were originally inside the body, obvious really. Please don’t talk about testicles needing to alter height for cooling – if that were the case, whilst in Oz, mine would have dangled low enough to immerse in a bucket of water, whilst I was standing.

Got there yet? We were once hermaphrodite. That scar twixt anus and scrotum is where the ‘male’ vagina used to be, which is why we still have a g-spot in that area. ( Apparently, in females, theirs can be felt through the wall of the anus). Someone, somewhere, changed who we were. BTW, you know when you do a bit of DIY round the house, and it goes a bit wrong – what do you do? Yep, that’s right, cover it up, a bit of filler, a bit of wallpaper, ‘no-one will see’, the words of the Barney Bodger. Did you never wonder why we have pubic hair? It so obviously doesn’t belong there, it’s curly and in a place where normally animals have less hair, not more. Yes, our Alien friends are not the God’s they think they are, just bodgers, who cover things up. If I had made that mess, I would be so embarrassed.

Oh yes, we have pubic hair in another place, the armpits. Have a look, different skin, messed up, what did they do there then? Ah, that’s why men have nipples. Other evidence? Well just look at the amount of pathologies in the reproductive / endocrine areas, from cancers to cysts. Look at the strange, tortuous routes some of the male plumbing takes, in it’s journey around the body. What is fascinating though - this wasn’t plastic surgery, but genetic engineering - so why are the scars there? Well that comes down to faith. My personal view is that our original creator is saying ‘oh no you don’t’. Yes people, for thousands of years, mankind has searched for a sign from God, and all the time we were sat on it 

Take a good look at the XY chromosomes, then tell me that in the X chromosome someone hasn’t just lobbed a bit off, it looks ‘wrong’. But they couldn’t just stop there – what about the psychological changes that would be needed. This is where they went to town on our brain, not just artificially separating out male and female traits, but also cleaving the conscious and sub-conscious minds apart. Divide and conquer, as it were. This is why we have so, so many pathologies of the brain which are based on split personalities. It also explains that strangest of phenomena’s, the fascination so many males have for ‘Ladyboys’ or ‘Chicks with ****s’. It isn’t a perversion, it’s called getting back to their roots! It also explains why we are no longer telepathic, amongst other traits we had which they couldn’t possibly allow.

So, Adam and Eve, yes they indeed made them in their image. But it wasn’t God’s image. How dare they.

There is so much more, but thought a water testing might be in order. Enjoy .

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

So its a normal variant of human sexuality to not want to do what your body suggests that you should be doing?

1 - Homosexuality is a normal variant.
2 - The body IS suggesting that the person be homosexual ... so they are following that suggestion. If the people ignored the homosexual suggestion then they would be not doing what their body suggests.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: smithjustinb

Its no different than a woman getting plastic surgery to increase her bust size.

I believe that if a woman wants to do this, she also has a mental disorder.

tell that to a cancer patient who gets them for reconstruction,or rape victim.

That's not the same thing. A woman that wants to change her breast size because she thinks they are too small has a mental problem. A woman who wants to change her breast size because she thinks they are too big and its causing her physical pain, I think does not have a mental problem.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I believe it is a mental disorder. Be it a choice or something you're born with. Men have penises. Girls have vaginas. The penis is meant to go into the vagina and the seed is meant to fertilize an egg. We're given sexual desires to see that this process goes through. When the sexual desire doesn't correspond to the intended process of procreation according to the anatomical disposition, that is a problem. Proponent emotional context aside, you have to see how something doesn't add up there.

Hoo boy, do I have news for you. Not everyone wants to have offspring, or many of them. Many people who put the plug in the outlet decide enough offspring after 1 or 2 or a few more than that. I had my tubes tied after our second. It's not my job to populate the planet from first pregnancy to the last to make the conservatives happy about what the orgasm may or may not end up producing. Capisce?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

So its a normal variant of human sexuality to not want to do what your body suggests that you should be doing?

1 - Homosexuality is a normal variant.
2 - The body IS suggesting that the person be homosexual ... so they are following that suggestion. If the people ignored the homosexual suggestion then they would be not doing what their body suggests.

No. If a body has a male reproductive organ, the body is suggesting that it be used to reproduce with a female. If the mind disagrees with that, the mind has a problem. If you disagree with your mind, then you are supporting the resolution rather than the problem.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

If their conclusion is that its not a mental disorder, when I get done reading it, my conclusion will still be that they don't have enough information.

That's it. I"m done. You are the one with the problem.

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
You have a mental problem.

Religious Indoctrination Trauma Syndrome ... I just gave it a name.
Huffington Post

An Oxford University researcher and author specializing in neuroscience has suggested that one day religious fundamentalism may be treated as a curable mental illness.

I wonder how anti-homosexual religious fundamentalists will feel when people start treating them the way they treated homosexuals. That'll be interesting. Bet they wont like it.

This is useless. Im out
/out

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I believe it is a mental disorder. Be it a choice or something you're born with. Men have penises. Girls have vaginas. The penis is meant to go into the vagina and the seed is meant to fertilize an egg. We're given sexual desires to see that this process goes through. When the sexual desire doesn't correspond to the intended process of procreation according to the anatomical disposition, that is a problem. Proponent emotional context aside, you have to see how something doesn't add up there.

Hoo boy, do I have news for you. Not everyone wants to have offspring, or many of them. Many people who put the plug in the outlet decide enough offspring after 1 or 2 or a few more than that. I had my tubes tied after our second. It's not my job to populate the planet from first pregnancy to the last to make the conservatives happy about what the orgasm may or may not end up producing.

As long as you don't use your reproductive system in ways that go against the disposition of your reproductive system, there's nothing wrong with your brain.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm not religious.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

As long as you don't use your reproductive system in ways that go against the disposition of your reproductive system, there's nothing wrong with your brain.

My point is that it is no one's job to appease those viewpoints. If you want straight-up straight sex, have it. If you want kids the old-fashioned penis & vagina mattress mambo way, do it. It's no one's duty to conform to those acts to make conservatives happy. Make yourself happy & do it yourself, and leave everyone else be.
edit on 6/10/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

My point is that it is no one's job to appease those viewpoints. If you want straight-up straight sex, have it. If you want kids the old-fashioned penis & vagina mattress mambo way, do it. It's no one's duty to conform to those acts to make conservatives happy. Make yourself happy & do it yourself, and leave everyone else be.

I'm not saying we should infringe on anyone's rights. I'm saying that I believe that using your parts in ways they weren't meant to be used is an indication of a mental problem and that we should do more to find out why and do more to offer treatment solutions. I'm not saying that the treatment be required.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I'm saying that I believe that using your parts in ways they weren't meant to be used is an indication of a mental problem and that we should do more to find out why and do more to offer treatment solutions.

So in the face of decades of study, which without a doubt shows that what you BELIEVE is wrong, you still choose to believe this is true?

This is the problem. You aren't willing to change your mind for anything, not new information, not new science, not anything.

As you stated before, regardless of what was presented to you, you would still think they 'did not have enough information'.

Don't you see the fallacy in this argument? Don't you see how you've basically just stuck two fingers in your ears and yelled " NEENER NEENER NEENER"?

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Its kind of like the scientific study that was conducted not too long ago that proved that dogs can be happy. I thought, "people have known this for years. We don't need science to tell us this". One day, science will look back on this issue and say, "we did not have enough information back then".
edit on 10-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

a reply to: tothetenthpower

Its kind of like the scientific study that was conducted not too long ago that proved that dogs can be happy. I thought, "people have known this for years. We don't need science to tell us this". One day, science will look back on this issue and say, "we did not have enough information back then".
Except science is ALREADY telling you that homosexuality is NOT a mental illness (which most normal people already know).

The research is there. You just dont accept it.

Mental problems.
edit on 10-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: kaylaluv

There are heterosexual people who don't want to have children. Are these people mentally ill because they don't use their penises and vaginas to have children? Is there something wrong with these people? Should we be "curing" them?

There are treatments available for those with low libidos.

Try again. I never said they didn't want to have sex. I said they didn't want to have children. Is not wanting to produce children a mental illness?

The human body serves more purposes than just procreation. If you don't want to procreate, that's fine. But, if you use your procreative capacities for something other than procreation, that's perversion.

Masturbation is a perversion. Most people do it, but that doesn't make it good. Unless its there to make sure that you're mind doesn't lose its libido. But, I would say if you're libido started pointing in a different direction, you aren't helping anything.

Masturbation is a perversion? Seriously??? I thought that it was a normal facet of a healthy sex drive. How can it possibly be perverted? And 'good' by what standard?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I don't have a degree in neuroscience.

I have a degree in psychology.

I've posted information straight from people educated in this. People without 'skin in the game'. For decades and decades they've agreed ... homosexuality is a normal variant of human sexuality. You do yourself a disservice by not reading the information they have gathered through their research.

Aha, the Ken Ham argument: "I am right and everyone else is wrong. No matter how much evidence is presented to me, I will still fail to admit that I am wrong". I'm sorry, but that argument made him a laughing stock.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

There is absolutely no point in having a conversation with you. You just throw straw man and ridiculous circular arguments to fit your 'beliefs', that aren't support by any kind of facts what so ever.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In 2016, the republican party (or what's left from it) will lose again, "unexpectedly".

This is what you get when you have politicians who think like in the mid 15th century. It's actually funny to watch this wreck sinking, sort-of.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

There is absolutely no point in having a conversation with you. You just throw straw man and ridiculous circular arguments to fit your 'beliefs', that aren't support by any kind of facts what so ever.

~Tenth

Mental disorder:

A mental disorder, also called a mental illness or psychiatric disorder, is a mental or behavioral pattern or anomaly that causes either suffering or an impaired ability to function in ordinary life (disability), and which is not developmentally or socially normative.

It is not developmentally normative. For sure. And procreative abilities to function are impaired. Therefore, its a mental disorder.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
In 2016, the republican party (or what's left from it) will lose again, "unexpectedly".

This is what you get when you have politicians who think like in the mid 15th century. It's actually funny to watch this wreck sinking, sort-of.

What baffles me is the rest of the Texas GOP platform. It's like they're trying to insult as many minorities as possible in a desperate effort to prove that that they're... whatever the hell it is that they're so keen to prove that they are. All mouth and no trousers as we say here in the UK.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join