It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Circumcision - for non medical reasons - is that also an illness?

There is no such thing as a normal human brain, that's an oxymoron. Transgender, bipolar, schizophrenia, bisexuality - do you not see it?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

So now they have opened a door to "label" them mental ill which will effect their lives. Maybe even, forced lock up. I know people do not like words like Nazi, but I just cannot find a better ideology or word for Texas Republicans. They want small government so it can do nothing but police the individual lives of citizens.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: alrockliffe

Circumcision, another religious idea that became tradition in the Middle east and American.
edit on 6/10/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
You aren't going to convince people who believe that homosexuality is a disease that it's not.

You'd think that decades and decades of educated professionals discussing their research on this matter would do the talking for us .. but I think none of the information I posted has been read. It's rather disheartening ....

Because its obvious, to me, that there is something mentally unstable about an LGB and T. I don't need science to tell me that. Since science currently disagrees, its also obvious, to me, that they are missing something.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Because its obvious, to me, that there is something mentally unstable about an LGB and T. I don't need science to tell me that. Since science currently disagrees, its also obvious, to me, that they are missing something.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

You aren't going to convince people who believe that homosexuality is a disease that it's not.

You'd think that decades and decades of educated professionals discussing their research on this matter would do the talking for us .. but I think none of the information I posted has been read. It's rather disheartening ....

science disagrees, so science must be wrong.
Im sorry, were you claiming that you arent a narcissist?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I believe it is a mental disorder. Be it a choice or something you're born with. Men have penises. Girls have vaginas. The penis is meant to go into the vagina and the seed is meant to fertilize an egg. We're given sexual desires to see that this process goes through. When the sexual desire doesn't correspond to the intended process of procreation according to the anatomical disposition, that is a problem. Proponent emotional context aside, you have to see how something doesn't add up there.

There are heterosexual people who don't want to have children. Are these people mentally ill because they don't use their penises and vaginas to have children? Is there something wrong with these people? Should we be "curing" them?

There are treatments available for those with low libidos.

Try again. I never said they didn't want to have sex. I said they didn't want to have children. Is not wanting to produce children a mental illness?

The human body serves more purposes than just procreation. If you don't want to procreate, that's fine. But, if you use your procreative capacities for something other than procreation, that's perversion.

Masturbation is a perversion. Most people do it, but that doesn't make it good. Unless its there to make sure that you're mind doesn't lose its libido. But, I would say if you're libido started pointing in a different direction, you aren't helping anything.

link   

It's obvious to me, that there is something mentally unstable about a person who thinks homosexuality is a mental illness that should not be encouraged. Why would a person feel so strongly about this? Obviously that person has some kind of latent fear of homosexuality. Of course, that person will vehemently deny they have any fears, because that would be admitting to some kind of weakness, which is unacceptable to that person. I mean, it's obvious.

link   

I know you just didnt go there.If a transgender person is not happy in their skin why should we dictate that they cannot do something about it because of someone else being afraid its contagious to them? Its no different than a woman getting plastic surgery to increase her bust size.

I swear. I myself have gender dysphoria. I feel trapped in this form and just not happy. If i could afford to I would change my body to fit my inner self,but since I cannot I have learned to live with it. I despise males btw(their bodies mind you not personalities)and it really irks me when i see such ignorant statements. PLease educate yourself better ok?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Sorry. I don't have a degree in neuroscience. I'm not going to be able to help you out.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The human body serves more purposes than just procreation.

That's the first statement you've made that I actually agree with. Maybe we're making some progress.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Its no different than a woman getting plastic surgery to increase her bust size.

I believe that if a woman wants to do this, she also has a mental disorder.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I don't have a degree in neuroscience.

I have a degree in psychology.

I've posted information straight from people educated in this. People without 'skin in the game'. For decades and decades they've agreed ... homosexuality is a normal variant of human sexuality. You do yourself a disservice by not reading the information they have gathered through their research.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Why would a person feel so strongly about this? Obviously that person has some kind of latent fear of homosexuality. Of course, that person will vehemently deny they have any fears, because that would be admitting to some kind of weakness, which is unacceptable to that person. I mean, it's obvious.

No. I just don't want to live in a world where everyone tells me that I have to accept these people as normal when I can see that there is something wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Why would a person feel so strongly about this? Obviously that person has some kind of latent fear of homosexuality. Of course, that person will vehemently deny they have any fears, because that would be admitting to some kind of weakness, which is unacceptable to that person. I mean, it's obvious.

No. I just don't want to live in a world where everyone tells me that I have to accept these people as normal when I can see that there is something wrong.
you dont have t accept them. Just like the rest of us dont have to accept ignorant bigots.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Did it never strike you as odd, the variance in size of certain parts of the human body? Only seems to happen in Humans, that large discrepancy, not size per se, but in proportionality, predominantly in certain parts.
edit on 10-6-2014 by alrockliffe because: (no reason given)

link   

I can see that there is something wrong.

normal variant of human sexuality

Sinking in yet? People better educated than either of us have done research .. mountains of it .. and this is what they say ... normal variant of human sexuality.

link   

I don't have a degree in neuroscience.

I have a degree in psychology.

I've posted information straight from people educated in this. People without 'skin in the game'. For decades and decades they've agreed ... homosexuality is a normal variant of human sexuality. You do yourself a disservice by not reading the information they have gathered through their research.

If their conclusion is that its not a mental disorder, when I get done reading it, my conclusion will still be that they don't have enough information.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Its no different than a woman getting plastic surgery to increase her bust size.

I believe that if a woman wants to do this, she also has a mental disorder.

tell that to a cancer patient who gets them for reconstruction,or rape victim. Is it a metal disoreder? Isnt it also unusual to argue a subject that science and numerous other studies has decalred to not be a mental disorder.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I can see that there is something wrong.

Sinking in yet? People better educated than either of us have done research .. mountains of it .. and this is what they say ... normal variant of human sexuality.

So its a normal variant of human sexuality to not want to do what your body suggests that you should be doing?
edit on 10-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join