It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

So in other words, every time a couple has sex they need to make a baby or they are doing it wrong. That sure is an interesting way of viewing sexuality.

Does that mean masturbating is wrong too?

edit on 10-6-2014 by jrod because: ...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You aren't going to convince people who believe that homosexuality is a disease that it's not. These are the same people who think transgenderism is a farce and also a mental disorder.

Why waste your breath? Take it to the courts or the legislators where this fight belongs like New Jersey did.

~Tenth

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: smithjustinb
I believe it is a mental disorder.

Have you read ANY of the information that I've posted? Information from experts in the medical and psychological fields who say that it absolutely is NOT a mental disorder?
no. He admits he has no knowledge of the topic.

But asking him to read the info?

Far too overzealous.
edit on 10-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: jrod

Obviously that hand of yours isn't a vagina!

Shame on you!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I believe it is a mental disorder. Be it a choice or something you're born with. Men have penises. Girls have vaginas. The penis is meant to go into the vagina and the seed is meant to fertilize an egg. We're given sexual desires to see that this process goes through. When the sexual desire doesn't correspond to the intended process of procreation according to the anatomical disposition, that is a problem. Proponent emotional context aside, you have to see how something doesn't add up there.

There are heterosexual people who don't want to have children. Are these people mentally ill because they don't use their penises and vaginas to have children? Is there something wrong with these people? Should we be "curing" them?

There are treatments available for those with low libidos.
my libido is just fine, and I still have no interest in having kids.

I guess, in your opinion, I have a mental illness....
edit on 10-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I believe it is a mental disorder. Be it a choice or something you're born with. Men have penises. Girls have vaginas. The penis is meant to go into the vagina and the seed is meant to fertilize an egg. We're given sexual desires to see that this process goes through. When the sexual desire doesn't correspond to the intended process of procreation according to the anatomical disposition, that is a problem. Proponent emotional context aside, you have to see how something doesn't add up there.

There are heterosexual people who don't want to have children. Are these people mentally ill because they don't use their penises and vaginas to have children? Is there something wrong with these people? Should we be "curing" them?

No, they're just fine with having sex with each other, they just might not want to have a baby at that particular time, or perhaps if at all. And you want 'treatments' for them as well???

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That's why I'm advocating research. That's all I'm doing.

Medical and psychological experts have put decades of research into the DSM-V. They decided back in 1973 that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexual orientation. It's different from the majority ... but it's a NORMAL VARIATION. Expected. Within norms. Not a mental illness. Research continues by the experts - including the American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association - and those experts continue to state clearly that homosexuality is not a mental illness.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Lets eliminate the legitimacy of the LGBT one at a time.

Starting with transgender:

Do any of you seriously believe that if a man is born a man with man parts and he decides he doesn't feel right as a man so he decides to cut off his man part, that that is not an example of someone with a mental problem?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

That's out of the scope of the topic.

Transgender and homosexuality are not the same thing.

And this thread is on homosexuality.

If you want to discuss transgender ... then a different thread needs to be started.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Do any of you seriously believe that if a man is born a man with man parts and he decides he doesn't feel right as a man so he decides to cut off his man part, that that is not an example of someone with a mental problem?
no more than someone who changes their body with a tattoo or piercing.

Next?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

See this is the problem I was speaking of before.

You have NO knowledge of these things. Not scientific, nor personal.

So could you argue with people who do have that knowledge? About something you know nothing about?

It's actually a bit sad to watch your circular logic on this topic. All you have is a belief that these things you think are true.

Your beliefs, do not overcome the facts that medical professionals and researchers all agree are true.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
You aren't going to convince people who believe that homosexuality is a disease that it's not.

You'd think that decades and decades of educated professionals discussing their research on this matter would do the talking for us .. but I think none of the information I posted has been read. It's rather disheartening ....

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I'm sorry, can I ask why you are suddenly the correct person to make a judgement on this? 'Let's eliminate the legitimacy of the LGBT one at a time'??? What makes your opinion valid? Why are you the one to judge others? Do you really think that people who want to have a sex change do it on a whim? Really? Here's a snap judgement for you: you have no idea what you're talking about, other than to hand down judgements on matters that obviously baffle you.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Left handed is a mental Illness, we need corrective programs to help them be right handed, because left handed people can't function like right handed people.

Left handed is a mental illness because this world is made for right handed. right handed is norm and left handed is evil.

Sarcasm off.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

My left handed mother was forced in school to write with her right hand. She was told it was abnormal and evil to write with the left hand. This was back in the 1940s. She was pointed out as odd and abnormal for naturally picking up a pencil with her left hand and writing well with it. The truth is .. she was fine. It was the yutz's of that time period who had the problem, not her.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Refer to Matt 5:29-30

The bible is quite clear on what to do with body parts that cause sin. Why do you think Iran performs so many sex change operations?

It is death or a sex change in Iran. That said, gender identity and sexuality are not the same thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Left handed is a mental Illness, we need corrective programs to help them be right handed, because left handed people can't function like right handed people.

Left handed is a mental illness because this world is made for right handed. right handed is norm and left handed is evil.

Sarcasm off.

Exactly...

Now I want equal Rights.

I am going to write an agenda that includes getting funds from Corporate America.

I am going to organize. Stack the local School Boards. Change these unfair laws.

We left handed people have had enough. We demand you accept us.

You must change to left handed now. Or at least acknowledge us as perfect.

*Love Sarcasm...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
By all means keep jumping on every single homosexual statement... It's all the Liberals having going for them. If it weren't for that and minimum wage they might actually have to talk about the absolutely abysmal economy and labor force. They might also have to talk about the Obama White House administration that either doesn't know the laws or refuses to follow them and they get caught on it weekly. You know, stuff that actually matters.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Try again. I never said they didn't want to have sex. I said they didn't want to have children. Is not wanting to produce children a mental illness?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Hey those lefties would not argue if they were given equal chance in the first place.

But people had to confront them because of a norm born out of religious books.

Now we have this whole issue.

Unless gay are going after straight people for being straight, i have no issues with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join