It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Bundy Ranch Double Cross? More Feds, Cops, Vehicles, Equipment Arriving!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Is that you Harry Reid?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

i really wish you'd stop with the idiotic moniker "bundy crime syndicate"..there is no syndicate here...it's a guy with a ranch...get a grip, yes?

additionally, what you posted here makes no sense...5 bucks a head per month on private land? that doesn't make sense.

are you talking about public land?

if you are, that would mean he would hafta pay (assuming he has 900 heads) $4,500 a month.....

i think you need to clarify a bit, so your post makes more sense..

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

i highly doubt it.....Reid is too busy lying to the press, calling the american people stupid, pushing the ACA as the greatest thing since jesus christ introduced us to sliced bread, and making making backdoor deals that hurt america..

then one has to factor in meals, and sleep....it's hard work being a scumbag....

he simply doesn't have the TIME to post nonsense like this, in a place like this...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Sounds a lot like something he would say though. The government can do whatever it wants indeed......

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

i really wish you'd stop with the idiotic moniker "bundy crime syndicate"..there is no syndicate here...it's a guy with a ranch...get a grip, yes?

additionally, what you posted here makes no sense...5 bucks a head per month on private land? that doesn't make sense.

are you talking about public land?

if you are, that would mean he would hafta pay (assuming he has 900 heads) $4,500 a month.....

i think you need to clarify a bit, so your post makes more sense..

Have you considered fixing your shift key?

If it was just Cliven Bundy and family, I would not use the Bundy Crime Syndicate moniker. When you have a bunch of thugs with AK47s, it becomes a criminal organization.

Any rancher in Nevada who agrees to deal with the BLM gets a grazing rate that is about 1/3rd of what they would have to pay on private land. But that isn't good enough for the Bundy Crime Syndicate. No, these mooches want the land for free.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Nevada Cattlemens Association statement regarding the Bundy Crime Syndicate

Nevada Cattlemen's Association does not condone actions that are outside the law in which citizens take the law into their own hands

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

a reply to: TKDRL

i highly doubt it.....Reid is too busy lying to the press, calling the american people stupid, pushing the ACA as the greatest thing since jesus christ introduced us to sliced bread, and making making backdoor deals that hurt america..

then one has to factor in meals, and sleep....it's hard work being a scumbag....

he simply doesn't have the TIME to post nonsense like this, in a place like this...

Show me the quote from Harry Reid where he QUOTE called the American people "stupid." One suspect you make up your news, but I will give you a chance to post a link to a direct quote from Harry Reid.

Have you considered fixing your shift key?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with my shift key....not sure why you would think there is..

what "thugs with AK47's" are you referring to?

syndicate

syn·di·cate [n. sin-di-kit; v. sin-di-keyt]

noun

1. a group of individuals or organizations combined or making a joint effort to undertake some specific duty or carry out specific transactions or negotiations: The local furniture store is individually owned, but is part of a buying syndicate.

2. a combination of bankers or capitalists formed for the purpose of carrying out some project requiring large resources of capital, as the underwriting of an issue of stock or bonds.

3. Journalism.

a) an agency that buys articles, stories, columns, photographs, comic strips, or other features and distributes them for simultaneous publication in a number of newspapers or periodicals in different localities. Compare boiler plate

b.) a business organization owning and operating a number of newspapers; newspaper chain.

4. a group, combination, or association of gangsters controlling organized crime or one type of crime, especially in one region of the country.

5. a council or body of syndics.

it seems you are perhaps misusing the word...

and again, you're not making any sense in your public/private argument....private would imply owned lands...in that case, the federal government would have NO business charging a grazing fee for private lands...and public lands are the property of the people in general...so yeah, you need to clarify.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

by: Harry reid
“We have hundreds of thousands of people who tried to sign up and they didn’t get through,” Reid said during a press conference, before describing the difficulties people have with the Internet in general.

“There are some people who are not like my grandchildren who can handle everything so easily on the Internet, and these people need a little extra time. … The example they gave us is a 63-year-old woman came into the store and said, ‘I almost got it. Every time I just about got there, it would cut me off.’ We have a lot of people just like this through no fault of the Internet, but [because] people are not educated on how to use the Internet,”

and here, i'll even give you a link for Fox news...i personally dislike them, but i think they're your source of choice...

www.foxnews.com...

his implication is that people have not signed up for the ACA, not because the site is STILL broken, or because they don't want it, but because we're not educated on how to use the internet......the implication being that anyone who hasn't signed up yet, is too stupid to use the internet.

i can dig up more, if you'd like..
edit on 20-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with my shift key....not sure why you would think there is..

what "thugs with AK47's" are you referring to?

syndicate

syn·di·cate [n. sin-di-kit; v. sin-di-keyt]

noun

1. a group of individuals or organizations combined or making a joint effort to undertake some specific duty or carry out specific transactions or negotiations: The local furniture store is individually owned, but is part of a buying syndicate.

2. a combination of bankers or capitalists formed for the purpose of carrying out some project requiring large resources of capital, as the underwriting of an issue of stock or bonds.

3. Journalism.

a) an agency that buys articles, stories, columns, photographs, comic strips, or other features and distributes them for simultaneous publication in a number of newspapers or periodicals in different localities. Compare boiler plate

b.) a business organization owning and operating a number of newspapers; newspaper chain.

4. a group, combination, or association of gangsters controlling organized crime or one type of crime, especially in one region of the country.

5. a council or body of syndics.

it seems you are perhaps misusing the word...

and again, you're not making any sense in your public/private argument....private would imply owned lands...in that case, the federal government would have NO business charging a grazing fee for private lands...and public lands are the property of the people in general...so yeah, you need to clarify.

I am stating that everyone who raises cattle on BLM land does so at a subsidy. Is that so hard to understand?

If Bundy wasn't a criminal with associates, then I wouldn't use the moniker Bundy Crime Syndicate. But Bundy runs a criminal organization, stealing from the federal government.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Implication != quote.
"Not educated" does not equate to stupid.

I am waiting for the exact quote.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

Implication != quote.
"Not educated" does not equate to stupid.

I am waiting for the exact quote.

now you're just splitting hairs...

ok, we can do this the hard way....the implication was stupidity, lack of intelligence, dimness, the exact words were "not educated"...but the words "stupid", or "dumb" are appropriate translations because:

stu·pid [stoo-pid, styoo‐]

adjective, stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est.

1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.

2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.

3. tediously dull, especially due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.

4. annoying or irritating; troublesome: Turn off that stupid radio.

5. in a state of stupor; stupefied: stupid from fatigue.

dumb [duhm]

adjective, dumb·er, dumb·est.

1. lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted.

2. lacking the power of speech (offensive when applied to humans): a dumb animal.

3. temporarily unable to speak: dumb with astonishment.

4. refraining from any or much speech; silent.

5. made, done, etc., without speech.

your weak grasp of the english language, notwithstanding ....it is clear what he was saying.
edit on 20-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

As far as i know, the BLM doesn't actually have any land....they're supposed to help ranchers manage and improve land...

he's not a criminal, he has no criminal associates, he's not running a criminal organization, and he's not stealing anything from the federal government..you have a real funny way of looking at things...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As a point of reference, this picture shows that there is practically nowhere in Nevada that is NOT federally "managed" or mismanaged land. I have seen figures ranging from 81.1 to 85 percent of Nevada land is not state controlled.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17, of the U.S. Constitution, allows for the federal government to own the land “not exceeding ten Miles square,” for the nation’s capitol, along with land, “purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State” in which the land is located for the “Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings.” Nowhere is there any mention of “desert tortoises” or any other animal or purpose. The Founding Fathers were strictly against the federal government seizing state and private land.

So, the management of the land in question has led to CIVIL court proceedings that Mr. Bundy lost. And CIVIL penalties are being issued. Nowhere have I seen CRIMINAL charges or proceedings against him. I find it odd that armed force, killing cattle, destroying infrastructure, and threatening citizens is somehow justified in a CIVIL matter.

This is a disgrace. No matter how right or wrong you believe Cliven Bundy is, the federal government actions here were uncalled for and an abuse of power. What the BLM agents have done here is clear abuse of their law enforcement authority. This abuse of power has got to be STOPPED. Sadly this type of demonstration as an example of their oath is a disgrace. They should all resign at the very least, because they are all a disgrace to their profession.

Go ahead G, flame away as usual.

edit on Sun, 20 Apr 2014 22:51:42 -050020142014-04-20T22:51:42-05:00kfSunday51America/ChicagoSun, 20 Apr 2014 22:51:42 -0500 by rockflier because: Added picture

edit on Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:00:28 -050020142014-04-20T23:00:28-05:00kfSunday00America/ChicagoSun, 20 Apr 2014 23:00:28 -0500 by rockflier because: Added comment

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Bundy owes the government a million dollars. He won't pay. Sounds like a criminal to me.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

You are aware the Nevada constitution gave all that land to the government. Why do you hate the rule of law?

I noticed the NTTR and UTTR are in that map. Why do you hate the United States Air Force?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Here is an example of how the BLM bends over backwards for ranchers. Steve Medlin's operation trashed some land near his deeded property. DId they sue him? No. Did they fine him? No. Rather, they put the land on the block and gave Medlin the final bid.

BLM treats rancher like a prince

See what happens when you don't behave like a crime syndicate!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Bundy owes the government a million dollars. He won't pay. Sounds like a criminal to me.

Sorry to disillusion you but what "sounds like a criminal" to you isn't the law. This is a civil matter, not criminal. The BLM has zero power to declare anyone a criminal.
Furthermore, nobody has yet produced a document that backs up all the government's claims of "He owes over $1 million to the US." Don't you think if this were as cut and dried as they try to make it out they would just produce the documents?
The fact that Mr. Bundy lost two court cases doesn't make him a criminal, nor does it make the US court system correct. Did you never hear of appeals? Court decisions are overturned somewhere every day in this country. Innocent people are sent to jail every day because courts make mistakes. On rare occasions, an innocent person actually gets set free after somebody spends hundreds of thousands of dollars to secure their freedom.
Unless you've actually joined battle with a governmental agency, you have no idea of the absolute hell they can bring down on you. They have unlimited resources. Think about that for a few minutes.....what changes could you bring about in the world if you had unlimited resources? So what does our government do with those unlimited resources? They use our tax money to hire lawyers to remove us from our land, separate families, and put ranchers and farmers out of business. Maybe they're all radical vegans...I have no idea why there has been a systematic war on food producers but it has really been ramped up by this administration.
Why pick on the people who are using the land to produce food? Who is more likely to protect the land than the people who literally depend on it for their livelihood? Does the bureaucrat in DC have any idea of what is happening to the land in Nevada?
Why would our government spend two years spying on an organic milk producer and shut him down because he sold healthy milk to knowledgeable customers?
Why does the government spend resources to put our farmers out of business? Why are they bothered by customers and producers interacting directly? Is it because they're not "too big to fail"?
There are freedoms at stake here that are far above any regulations---not laws mind you, but regulations that can be changed at the whim of the "directorate in charge" of whatever part of life to which they can apply laws.
I was talking with a contract attorney who deals with land issues and governmental agencies yesterday. He said he recently read an article in a legal journal that quoted a study done on "Federal Administrative Regulations." The study noted that if one were to take the time to read every law, regulation and rule issued by agencies pertaining to the environment, it would take six years reading eight hours a day to read those currently in force. Further, it would take another six years just to catch up. So, unless you were a part of writing those regulations, you wouldn't have a clue what they were about or how they applied.
Why should federal resources be spent to remedy local issues? If the state of Nevada thinks that Clive Bundy is a better steward of the land than some Washington bean counter---who gave the US government the power to take away his right to life? Who gave the Feds the authority to usurp or coerce local control and use a SWAT team on organic food co-ops? Who knew that there would be a black market for healthy food?
If you want to line up with the feds and believe that they never make a mistake or do dirty deeds for the profit of themselves or their families or their frat buddies, believe away. This ain't my first time to the rodeo---I was around when Nixon never walked the perp walk.
When I see pictures of what was done to the Bundy's property, it makes cold chills run up my spine because I know that well could be the farm where the beef I eat is raised. My friend and neighbor down the road a piece, might be breaking some regulation buried in some obscure federal law. He doesn't have the money to hire a lawyer to fight for his rights as a citizen and landowner. The families who buy his beef don't have disposable income to donate to help him pay for his defense. He might be the next target. You can bet that our community would rally round that man even if the government declared that he owed them millions of dollars. We have to protect our food supply. Bottom line---no matter where you stand on the political scene---you have to eat.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

a reply to: rockflier

You are aware the Nevada constitution gave all that land to the government. Why do you hate the rule of law?

I noticed the NTTR and UTTR are in that map. Why do you hate the United States Air Force?

My dear G. What in the WORLD would make you say why would I hate the AF or NTTR or UTTR???? That is utter malarky. Just for your edification, not that I owe you it, I am a retired Army Ranger and I flew for EG&G. My point, if you were to read with an open mind, not likely, is that MOST of the federal land is NOT military, test, etc. THOSE are the lands I refer to.
Regardless of how guilty or innocent Bundy is, the heavy handed military style response by the BLM, destruction of livestock, and burying of livestock is WAY overboard. Think about that type of trespass response the next time you visit here and hike, park, camp, or whatever it is you do. Heck, let me know when you are going to be here and I will make sure you have clear way wherever you want. Might even be some guides there for you. Let me dig out the Constitutional section regarding Federal ownership of land. will get back to you
edit on Mon, 21 Apr 2014 21:44:26 -050020142014-04-21T21:44:26-05:00kfMonday44America/ChicagoMon, 21 Apr 2014 21:44:26 -0500 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon, 21 Apr 2014 22:30:21 -050020142014-04-21T22:30:21-05:00kfMonday30America/ChicagoMon, 21 Apr 2014 22:30:21 -0500 by rockflier because: deleted passage

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Here ya go.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17, of the U.S. Constitution, allows for the federal government to own the land “not exceeding ten Miles square,” for the nation’s capitol, along with land, “purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State” in which the land is located for the “Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings.” Nowhere is there any mention of “desert tortoises” or any other animal or purpose. The Founding Fathers were strictly against the federal government seizing state and private land. Regardless of what the NV Constitution says, the US Constitution trumps it.

edit on Mon, 21 Apr 2014 21:58:14 -050020142014-04-21T21:58:14-05:00kfMonday58America/ChicagoMon, 21 Apr 2014 21:58:14 -0500 by rockflier because: Added comment

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join