It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Bill Yenne, I'm a military and aviation author. Ask me anything.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
First of all I would like to thank you for being so personable and open minded. And for taking out time for us.

My Question lead by a statement: It seems as though many of our perceptions and beliefs of experimental military aircraft implementing advanced and unconventional technologies may be challenged.

That being said. Do you believe this adds FURTHER credence to the reports of unidentified flying objects which exhibit flight characteristics out of the realm of current conventional/experimental aircraft capabilities?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

BillYenne
reply to post by smithjustinb

Thanks for your post. If you are not following a program or technology closely, or if it is highly classified, it seems to have come from nowhere simply because you are not aware of the "somewhere" from which it came. This was true of the A-Bomb in the 1940s, stealth technology in the 1980s, etc.

I was more interested in what YOUR experiences have been with technology that seemed to come from nowhere.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BillYenne

Thank you for your answer. Have you been briefed on any chemtrail progam?
edit on 25-3-2014 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
www.naderlibrary.com...

Can you tell us where the Green Door is?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

BillYenne
reply to post by McGinty

Thanks for your post, McGinty. I'm not sure what to think about the capability of my knowledge, such that is, being a medium for lessening danger. I'm happy to be on ATS, and if it becomes less dangerous because of me, then I'll take it. :-)

To answer your question, I have heard too many storiues about these secret projects in Germany and for too long to think they are without substance. Whether there is anything to the "myth" (as you called it) of the advanced propulsion "Bell," I do not know, not have I seen hard evidence, and I am a hard evidence kind of guy.

Big thanks for taking the time to answer. I call it a 'myth' because the stories seem to have taken on a life of their own. Whether true or not the world would certainly be a duller place without such things to live in the otherwise derelict recesses of the mind.

Talking of the derelict, it's the 'Fly-trap' structure on top of the Wenceslas Mine that IMO gives credence to the notion that there was indeed something in development that is either buried in time, or has not been disclosed:

www.youtube.com...

Many thanks :-)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Welcome Bill to ATS good to see a guest that may actually be able to give us some REAL information on a subject unlike some.

No doubt on here you will be bombarded with ufo questions but what do you think is best bit of technology you have seen or have heard of regarding modern aircraft.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

BillYenne
reply to post by Another_Nut

Thanks for your post. There are always landmarks visible under VFR conditions on a clear day. Bodies of water, bays, peninsulas. Think of all that is visible from outer space.

Thanks for the reply

I will simple state that because you can see it from space does not mean it can be seen from a plane.

Curvature of earth and whatnot

Your reply and springers response to my follow up reply ( seems only certain posters are allowed follow ups ,me not being one )speaks volumes

Thanks again
edit on am320143110America/ChicagoTue, 25 Mar 2014 10:44:48 -0500_3000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hello Bill!

Thanks for being on and spending the time to answer questions.

I have a question that is a few parts. On page 127 of your book there is a picture of Northrup's entry into the XST. Are you aware of any other pictures of this airframe? and conversely are there any images of Lockheed's failed entry for the ATB?

Thank you again for such a wonderful book. I really appreciated the extent to which you researched the history of the airbase and I look forward to future works!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hello sir and thank you for being here to answer our questions.

I'm a Blackhawk crewchief in the US Army and since I began my career my fellow soldiers and I have had many discussions regarding the helicopter that was used in the bin Laden raid.

we're all extremely familiar with the workings and mechanics of the UH60 A, L, and M models. But there are features and capabilities this H60 has that we simply don't understand...and it is our job to understand the H60 platform.

I'm wondering if there is anything you might be able to shed light on in regards to the StealthHawk.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
*UPDATE*

I just heard from Bill, he said he'll back on to answer questions in a little while.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Yenne

Are you aware of the next generation fighter aircraft to replace the F-22/F35 aircrafts in the future?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Hello Bill.

Do you think that drones will eventually become the dominate aircraft and make, for lack of a better word, maned aircraft obsolete?

Thanks for your input.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Yenne

What can you tell about manned Black Projects at Groom Lake from late 1990s? Were there other planes, except Bird of Prey and YF-24 at the time?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

BillYenne
reply to post by tomra

Can't say.

Thank you for the reply!

You cant say that you have been warned off or you have been warned off but cant say what the topic were?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Mr. Yenne,

Thanks for devoting your time here on ATS.

Actually, I hope that you will stay here longer as a member, and contribute to present and future debates, as well. :-)

My Q: Do you think all members of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the US (federal) government should be required to undergo a security clearance prior to being vetted/placed on the ballot/elected?

If you have further questioning from me prior to answering, please let me know.

Best regards to you.

edit on 25-3-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

A drone that looks like the RQ-170 and operates at U-2 altitudes? The P-175 Polecat operated at 65,000 feet. It is said officially that the only Polecat was destroyed in a crash in 2006, but maybe that one was just the only Polecat flying at the time. Perhaps there is a "Son (or Sons and Daughters) of Polecat?"

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

A human on Mars in my lifetime? If not mine, maybe yours. Hope so.
It could be you.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Thank you! That's one I didn't think of when I was coming up with likely candidates.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Thanks for your question. The most interesting thing I discussed with Curtis LeMay?
It's hard to pick just one. We talked about a lot of things over a long period of time, mainly concentrating on WWII. He was very proud of SAC and the men he had commanded. He was pretty emphatic about his dislike for politics and politicians. He specifically told me that he had never seen a flying saucer, captured or otherwise, but he was involved in advanced projects. He was one of the first men to be part of RAND. Picked by Hap Arnold himself, who started RAND with Don Douglas.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join