It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Bill Yenne, I'm a military and aviation author. Ask me anything.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

The Vulture, currently in development, will be able to stay aloft for five years. Potentially, lighter than air craft could stay up for years if there was a compelling reason to have a manned platform up indefinitely. They were launching fighter planes (Curtiss F9C Sparrowhawks) from airships more than 75 years ago and could again.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nochzwei

Did Ben Rich have the technology to take ET home? He would have known.

Have you seen ET around since 1982? He must have gotten home somehow.

If not courtesy of the Skunk Works, then who?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

Aviation technology developed for military applications has always been adapted for commercial applications. As for range capabilities, the commercial paradigm has always revolved around efficiency rather than the extreme at all costs. There will never be a successful commercial supersonic (or hypersonic) airplane (without subsidies) until they can get the seat costs down.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DodgyDawg

Thanks for your post. Alexander the Great? That is really off-topic, although he knew his way around desert terrain.

Why don't you pick up a copy of my Alexander the Great biography on Amazon.
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396021980&sr=8-1&keywords=yenne+alexander+th e+great

Carthage? Yes, he was headed that way. He wanted to conquor Africa, but did not realize how big it was. He may well have gone to Italy as well. What if he had nipped "Rome" in the bud?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Thanks for your reply to my reply. I'm afraid that you can't divorce poiltics from military aircraft technology and history. Why were there more than 20 "F" desinations assigned in 1945-1965 and only two since 1980? Four dozen "B" designations assigned in 1942-1962, and only two in the half century since?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Thanks for your post. If there are giant triangles, and they are owned by our military, they would be stored in the last (or next to last) place that we would think to look.

They've been around, and unconfirmed, too long to have been kept in an obvious place.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hi Mr. Yenne,

I'm one of the oddballs on this site...

Nasa put a ship on the moon in the sixties. I understand that things had to occur remotely in order to accomplish such a feat? Am I mistaking?

Using these orbital trajectory mechanics as early as the sixties ; flight dynamics, would it not stand to reason that if this tech wound-up in the wrong hands, something like a new pearl harbor could be attained?

other angle

edit on (3/28/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Bill, was/is there an Aurora program? Can you give us any info on that?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

BillYenne
reply to post by Nochzwei

Did Ben Rich have the technology to take ET home? He would have known.

Have you seen ET around since 1982? He must have gotten home somehow.

If not courtesy of the Skunk Works, then who?

Lol. Thanks. That's a nice one

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Bill do you have an oppinion on Hollow Earth and advanced flight from / to there either from technology from inside or outside?

Whats your ideas........?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hi Bill,

Not sure if you've been asked already, but as an aviation expert, what is your opinion on the object that is the focus of this thread:

Mysterious Object Found In Maldives

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BillYenne

Hello Sir, May I ask one question please; I have read quite a lot about Sharks or Whales being Tagged and then tracked as they go off to explore the planets Oceanic Sphere....... Is it - and if so why not - are Planes Tagged with a device, on the exterior so it cannot be interferred with, and surely this would make it easier to find such a loss as the present MH 370. Sharks etc. are tracked for over a year, so no fear of battery fading. Does that sound more efficient than said Black Box Ping, time limited....?????????
Thank you , this is Bill to Bill, (grin)
PS Love your avatar

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hello,

A question that has been bothering me lately is the space South West of Groom Lake (Area 51); that is in between the dry lake bed (Main Airfield/Base) and the area know as Contact "Blackjack". "Blackjack" is a live fire bomb range. The area in question is located at 37° 7'8.02"N 115°35'35.73"W. Searching for all of this of Google Earth, which obviously is going to be doctored, I found this area very interesting because out of all the parts of Area 51 we do get to see, this one just so happens to have giant clouds covering the entire area. There are visible and defined roads running throughout the site. Many of which lead through nothingness to eventually lead to a crossroads slightly North of the "Cloudy Zone".

Sorry for being long winded, the question I am asking is, "Do you have any knowledge or have you heard any rumors about the area at the coordinates? It just seems like if Area 51 is what a lot of us on here think it is, and with rumors of underground bases around the country, doesn't it seem odd that they chose to poorly place clouds in a mountainous area that could have the entrances to such bases in view?

Point being, this looks like simple slight of hand to me. Show me something so I won't look at something better.

Thoughts?

Thanks Bill!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Bill, if you answered my question about U-2s being mistaken for UFOs, I missed it, but I wanted to make sure you were aware of this article, which features Lt. Col. Robert Friend, who was head of Project Blue Book at the time, discussing the U-2/UFO claims:
The CIA's UFO History by Mark Rodeghier

...he said were that it is "absolutely not true" that he or his Blue Book team were covering up spy flights as alleged by Haines. He found the whole idea laughable, and he knew Blue Book did not receive more reports from pilots and air traffic controllers after the U-2 began flying.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

Regarding U-2s being mistaken for UFOs, what I said was that pilots were misled by the altitude at which the U-2s were operating, which was above the norm for familiar aircraft. It is likely that the Project Blue Book team was never briefed on the U-2. Ruppelt was only a captain, and probably did not have the clearance.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dogshark

Thanks for your post. As you know, the "Aurora" program has been a topic of conversation for years. In all probability it was an R&D program that never evolved into flight-ready hardware, but nobody knows for sure. The cottage industry of speculation has developed a "virtual" life of its own and has evolved into a whole sub-genre of speculative theory and fantasy. As this evolves, the theories no doubt have been drifting farther and farther from the truth -- whatever that actually was when this all started so long ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Surprisingly enough, no one has asked you this yet; what is your take on the mystery aircraft that was recently sighted over west Texas? My personal guess is an LRS-B demonstrator. Others have speculated that it may be a stealth transport or attack / electronic warfare aircraft..

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Thank you for doing an excellent job in answering questions.

I would like to seriously know if there could possibly be a serious secret aircraft installation at Scott AFB here in Illinois?

I personally saw the Shiloh Illinois craft and it is too close to Scott AFB to be just a coincidence.

Also for years SAFB was one of the names on the budget chopping block for years. Now all of the budget hype seems to have been "over looked" in recent times.

Just curious because I have the feeling that that place would be the last place anyone would think of when it came to secret aircraft.

Thank you
edit on 30-3-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BillYenne

Hey Bill,

Thanks for taking the time out to answer our questions

Where do you see the future of stealth heading ?

There's been a lot of research into plasma stealth and meta materials, I know of one aircraft that currently uses it. Do you think that's the way they're heading? Or is there something else in their bag of tricks?

Cheers, mate.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Interesting question, i too have seen the pic and had a good look at it it does look interesting and kind of reminisent of the TR3 Black Mantra.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join