It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Bill Yenne, I'm a military and aviation author. Ask me anything.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks for understanding.
When it comes to "secret" long-duration info, it needs to me qualified by an individual's physical/medical condition. I know that there a lot of places out there that provide medical or psychological advice, but I'd rather not.
Good luck finding what you need.
Also try asking qualified people face to face.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks for your post. Activity on the South Ramp at Edwards? Sounds interesting. I know that Phantom Ray has been there, but I have not been down there for some time to look with mine own eyes. What have you seen in the sky lately? Keep me posted.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BillYenne

Hi, I caught your post as I was about to wander off. You are really cool to keep coming back. We had Jesse Ventura do a AMA on Monday and Tuesday, and he seems like an honest down to earth fellow. As for medical things, when I'm nearer to the intercontinental flight I'll be checking around, but probably the best advice is the "stand up and walk around every couple of hours" suggestion.

Did you see the pic of the North Korean drone? Made me laugh when I saw it, but it probably gets the job done. Thanks again.
edit on 2-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by UKGuy1805

Thanks for your post. Sorry I missed you live the other day. Boscombe Down is a secure MoD test facility, so many things may be happening there now as back then. Have you thought about the BAe Taranis or the German Barracuda in addition to US systems?
Tell me more about Mcranhannish.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks for your post and your kind words. Yes, I saw the North Korean drone, ns No, I wasn't laughing. Look at the DragonEye or the RQ-11 Raven. Drones of this size are serious business. Painting it baby blue only speaks to Lil' Kim's twisted aesthetic sense. What's next? Sea Foam or Ecru?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

There are rumors of something coming out of the black world in the near future.

I personally have seen something several times over Wyoming. It appears to be a two engine jet, and it's fast. I'm usually driving when I see it, so I can't get a good look, but I've watched it come up from well behind a commercial flight and pass it like it wasn't moving.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Hi Bill, thanks for replying, there is a remote base in Scotland on the island of Sky, it has a huge runway over 10.000 feet and has had a few quite sensative things going on there, it was talked about for years with the locals and enthusiasts hearing and some seeing very fast black objects flying at weird times and very very fast.
Some have connected sightings there with the supposed crash of a fast craft at Boscome Down back in the 80s, where they had a C5 Gally come in to Boscombe and apparently the plane was flown out inside the C5.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I think you are getting mixed up it's not on Skye the base was at Machrihanish not far from Campbeltown on the Kintyre peninsula it's well known and the USA had a base there.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Yeah, thats the place cheers for clearing that up, still a very interesting place.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Hi Mr. Yenne,

You didn't deserve any otherwise alleged character assaults in my last post, by me, I may have mistaken you for someone else, and for that I owe you a sincere apology. I figured you were one of the bogeyman crew, so I put you in a pink tutu...in my own mind.

I often have inner struggles with being passive aggressive, usually it takes a friend to help me see where and/or how I erred.
Sorry that it's taken so long for an apology.

My next question was going to be; Do you stand behind the Patriot Act? I'll save it for someone else.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Bill, what do you think is the connection between area51 and nasa? How much of nasa testing do you believe happens out there?

There must be a high nasa personal presence out in that facility guiding projects?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

GERRY041284

There must be a high NASA personnel presence out in that facility guiding projects?

No. There is no NASA presence at Area 51.

In the early days (1955-1957) the CIA used a cover story that the U-2 was being flown at Groom Lake for civilian weather research by the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (the NACA became NASA in 1958). The airplanes actually carried NACA weather instruments during training flights, so it was not entirely untrue. CIA, Air Force, or Lockheed personnel installed the instruments in the airplanes at the test site.

During the 1960s, Groom Lake was designated a contingency landing site for the X-15 rocket plane in case its engine quit before it could reach Edwards or one of the other lake beds in Nevada or California. As it turned out the X-15 never landed at Groom but did use several other lake beds for emergency landings. NASA and Air Force personnel made a few brief survey flights to Groom Lake between 1958 and 1960 to determine its suitability but never had any personnel stationed there.

Beyond that the only connection I can think of is when NASA, in the late 1990s, was considering using either Area 51 or Tonopah Test Range (TTR) as a possible contingency landing site for the X-34, a demonstrator for a winged rocket booster to put small payloads in low Earth orbit. Unfortunately, the X-34 project was cancelled in 2001 before ever making a single flight. The airplanes were stored at Edwards and beyond the initial study no further activity took place.

Area 51 is an Air Force installation under the direction of the Air Force Test Center. Despite all of the publicity it remains an ideal spot to test classified projects. NASA is primarily engaged in unclassified work with both civil and military applications, and has a mandate to share most of the results with the public. In accordance with applicable laws controlling the export of defense related articles and services (such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulation, or ITAR) some data is not disseminated to the public. Although NASA has no presence or activities at Area 51 it has occasionally done classified work at places like China Lake Naval Weapons Center, TTR, and Ft. Irwin in support of other government agencies such as Sandia National Laboratory, the Air Force, and CIA. NASA also provides support to a variety of industry (Boeing, Lockheed Martin, etc.) efforts but does not manage these programs and is unable to share company proprietary data.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

BillYenne
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Thanks for your post. If there are giant triangles, and they are owned by our military, they would be stored in the last (or next to last) place that we would think to look.

They've been around, and unconfirmed, too long to have been kept in an obvious place.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, here on ATS

Could you possibly elaborate a little more on where these might be stored? Give us some examples... Humor us!

Cheers,
TW

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

RedOcToker
Hello,

A question that has been bothering me lately is the space South West of Groom Lake (Area 51); that is in between the dry lake bed (Main Airfield/Base) and the area know as Contact "Blackjack". "Blackjack" is a live fire bomb range. The area in question is located at 37° 7'8.02"N 115°35'35.73"W. Searching for all of this of Google Earth, which obviously is going to be doctored, I found this area very interesting because out of all the parts of Area 51 we do get to see, this one just so happens to have giant clouds covering the entire area. There are visible and defined roads running throughout the site. Many of which lead through nothingness to eventually lead to a crossroads slightly North of the "Cloudy Zone".

Sorry for being long winded, the question I am asking is, "Do you have any knowledge or have you heard any rumors about the area at the coordinates? It just seems like if Area 51 is what a lot of us on here think it is, and with rumors of underground bases around the country, doesn't it seem odd that they chose to poorly place clouds in a mountainous area that could have the entrances to such bases in view?

Point being, this looks like simple slight of hand to me. Show me something so I won't look at something better.

Thoughts?

Thanks Bill!

I wasn't sure what the rules were for posting in a AMA, but since Shadowhawk did some "corrections", let me set the record straight on Blackjack, as referenced in the above post. Blackjack is the Nellis Air Force Base Range Control Operations Center. Blackjack is not a live fire range. Any plane wishing to enter the range contacts Blackjack on the radio, hence "contact Blackjack." Even civilian aircraft. That is why they added a VHF frequency. Priot to the civilian Blackjack frequency, Nellis control would relay the messages to Blackjack. Currently Blackjack is 377.8MHZ (Nellis channel 14) and 139.9MHZ. [Not all civilian aircraft can reach this frequency, so you have to wonder about the logic in picking it.)

There are many references explaining the meaning of Blackjack. Here it is on the TTR website:
TTR website and Blackjack

For airspace safety, the Range Communicator coordinates with Silverbow Tower at the TTR Airfield, Nellis Air Traffic Control Facility (NATCF), and Nellis Air Force Base Range Control Operations Center (Blackjack). The restricted airspace over TTR, as well as the entire Nevada Test and Training Range, is controlled by the 98th Range Wing located at Nellis Air Force Base.

Regarding the area in question on Google Earth, simply use the history feature and you will find a photograph without cloud cover.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
@ Bill

If a Boeing 777 from Malaysia crashed carrying famous U.S actors or U.S government people, wouldn't the crash site be found almost instantly? How can you convince me it's not a conspiracy?

And can a Boing 747's wing really slice through a steel building?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by skyfall911

It was a 767 not a 747.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Good job it wasnt a 747, it would have taken the whole of the top off the tower clean cut?...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

More than likely. I've launched E-4Bs, which are based on the 747-200 at well over twice the MTOW of a 767.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I was being sarcastic, an intact plane can not fly through concrete and steel, mite do some damage yes, but not phsicaly fly through it, remember that test with a F4 Phantom being slammed into a slab of concrete, remember how the plane was totally destroyed turned into mush and a zillion pieces.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

UKGuy1805

I was being sarcastic, an intact plane can not fly through concrete and steel, mite do some damage yes, but not phsicaly fly through it, remember that test with a F4 Phantom being slammed into a slab of concrete, remember how the plane was totally destroyed turned into mush and a zillion pieces.

A solid slab of concrete is much different from a building. And the wing area and overall leading edge of a 767 and an F-4 wing, is like comparing apples to oranges.

Physics, my friend. Read up on it

Now, back to the topic at hand....... Quit spamming.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join