It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Bill Yenne, I'm a military and aviation author. Ask me anything.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Thanks for your post. Groom Lake has been home to all kinds of programs that need to be kept from pying eyes. As for speed, the A-12 program lived here, and they were part of the family of the fastest air-breathing manned airplanes ever.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Thanks for your post and for the thumbs up.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mash3d

Thanks for your post. If there were F-22s in the area and you head a double sonic boom, maybe there were two that went supersonic at the same time. They ofter travel in pairs. It might also have been an echo.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

Thanks for your post CardDown. The evidence, I suppose is that what those who knew it was a U-2 saw was the same as what others, unaware of the U-2, were reporting as a U-2. It was reported as a UFO mainly because the observers were unaware that an aircraft could operate at the flight levels frequented by the U-2.

I hope that you'll enjoy the book.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

Thanks for your post. There are always landmarks visible under VFR conditions on a clear day. Bodies of water, bays, peninsulas. Think of all that is visible from outer space.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Thanks for your post. If you are not following a program or technology closely, or if it is highly classified, it seems to have come from nowhere simply because you are not aware of the "somewhere" from which it came. This was true of the A-Bomb in the 1940s, stealth technology in the 1980s, etc.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Thanks for getting back to me. I think that this one will be with us for a very long time. We may never get the full story, but we'll be getting bits and pieces of it for months, or even years, to come.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tomra

Can't say.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Thanks for your post Lg. I have been watching the X-37 pretty closely myself. In a sense, it is a revival of the X-20, our first "space shuttle," which was a USAF program, and one they hated to have cancelled. The two are very similar, except that the X-37 is a drone (isn't everything these days?) By all accounts it is a test bed, designed to prove durability, endurance and other capabilities -- which it is doing.

Theoretically, an operational X-37 would (will) allow the USAF to put any type of platform (attack, recon, etc.) anywhere in the world more quickly and at a lower altitude than a Keyhole satellite.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Thanks for sharing this. I met that same guy in the bar in Rachel, Nevada.
No, all seriousness aside, it's a nice little bit of animation.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for writing back. As you have surmised, there is a lot more secret technology in the sky that there are otherworldy craft. I'm glad that you enjoyed seeing it.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Oh hello! This must have feel beneath my radar but I see ya know. Ahem.

Has the government looked into nuclear powered aircraft?

link   
My Government (Australa) seems determined to replace our F18's with F35's ,I would be much happier if they went Eurofighter or such as our neighbours are getting current generation soviet aircraft.Is the F35 a lemon or can those bugs be fixed and could it match it with a current generation Mig or Sukhoi?

link   
reply to post by Philippines

Thanks for your post. Good point about about global resources. However, I don't think all the secret programs that have ever existed at Area 51 use up as much as you'll see being used in Metro Manila in the next six months. Maybe all of these secret programs exist simply for the amusement of people like us?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

It's a quote from Dante's Inferno. . . if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BillYenne

Indeed there's more technology up there, more then we realize at times. Not all of it is man-made though.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BillYenne

Thank you for replying to my question and I do hope you enjoy the site.

Wjen you mention disks from Germany, i believe you are mentioning the Hortens stealth aircraft which could have lent credence to the sightings.

I wish I could ask you another question, but i'll let other members answer for me:

Could the Hortens been appropriated by the Americans, which kicked off the saucer craze? (The best example being Kenneth Arnold's sighting)

Perhaps i'll make a thread about it

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
A REMINDER....

Don't post more than one question or a long winded diatribe about what you think or know, don't post multiple, single question posts either. Give your peers a chance at getting theirs answered...

Bill is buried with questions and likely won't be able to get to them all, BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow member and Bill.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join