It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnated: Past Lives; What if There’s Proof?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
For those who may have missed my post on page 2, I'm posting again:

Enjoy the video. I'm off to work now. I hope everyone has a great night. Thank you for all the interest you've shown in this topic.

If you cannot get this link to work:www.mylifetime.com...

then click on the link in my OP, click on "watch online", then on that page choose the show on the bottom left entitled, Shelise and Julian. Click on "watch now" in that square.
It may take it a minute to load, but the full show will come up for your viewing pleasure with a little patience.

edit on 3/23/2014 by sled735 because: correct link

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

Joking? are you kidding me? or are so illiterate ( no offense, just stating the fact) of the standard beliefs of basically all the branches of Christianity?

Erm, I grew up in a very religious Christian household and we were never taught that our physical bodies were to be re-manufactured by God after they had been rotting in the ground, blown up, torched or eaten by sea creatures. We were taught that it was our spiritual bodies that will live eternally.

You haven't answered my questions.

What happens to people after they die, and, before the "resurrection"?

Does sexual intercourse create a brand new soul? If so, why do Christians believe the soul lives on, after the body dies? Why do we need our old bodies back to get a final judgement? Will God not recognize us without them?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Watch the Christian dogma roll here...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by Hoyden

Again believe whatever makes you happy...

IF you bothered to actually read those passages instead of copying and pasting from some Christian website you would see he is clearly talking about a spiritual resurrection

You are correct in one sense... the spirit is eternal... but few people in this age, and even back then understood that fact..

take a look from one of the passages you quoted...

John 5

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Focus on what I bolded... AND NOW IS... DO you see any zombies running around this planet other then on TV?

No you don't... nor will you ever...

There is only one resurrection, and that is resurrection of the spirit within...

as he said

edit on 23-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

the spirit does not need the resurrection - it is immortal . to imply that Jesus Christ is talking about a immortal soul in all those quotes is laughable.

it is the body which will be resurrected and only for the Last Judgement - your bolded quote is exactly about Second Coming - why do we need our bodies to be resurrected - I do not know.

But it is about the bodies, as "spiritual resurrection" is as nonsensical as one can imagine - immortal soul can not be "resurrected". It is already immortal

edit on 23-3-2014 by Hoyden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

But it is about the bodies, as "spiritual resurrection" is as nonsensical as one can imagine - immortal soul can not be "resurrected". It is already immortal

Then why must it be "reborn"?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

The only thing nonsensical and non biblical for that mater is a bodily resurrection...

Jesus said in those passages you quoted, even though you die, you will live...

Your body dies, and stays dead, the spirit is resurrected on to eternal life... or even returns back home as it always has...

but again, believe whatever you wish... I can't change what you've been taught

I can only point out the flaws in your theology... accept it or don't

I care not

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Hoyden

Joking? are you kidding me? or are so illiterate ( no offense, just stating the fact) of the standard beliefs of basically all the branches of Christianity?

Erm, I grew up in a very religious Christian household and we were never taught that our physical bodies were to be re-manufactured by God after they had been rotting in the ground, blown up, torched or eaten by sea creatures. We were taught that it was our spiritual bodies that will live eternally.

You haven't answered my questions.

What happens to people after they die, and, before the "resurrection"?

Does sexual intercourse create a brand new soul? If so, why do Christians believe the soul lives on, after the body dies? Why do we need our old bodies back to get a final judgement? Will God not recognize us without them?

honestly I do not care what you were told as a kid. you clearly know very little about the basics of the three major branches of Christianity and I do not feel like teaching you what you should have already known as an adult who supposedly is an educated one. the information is available even on wikipedia - read there.

Just a thought - if you do not know the subject - do not discuss it as you come as eeee, a kindergartner.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by Hoyden

The only thing nonsensical and non biblical for that mater is a bodily resurrection...

Your body dies, and stays dead, the spirit is resurrected on to eternal life... or even returns back home as it always has...

I care not

Bodily resurrection is as biblical as it can be - it is in the center of Jesus Christ teachings and in the OT teachings as well.

The spirit is not "resurrected" - it's immortal.

Only body can be resurrected. And it will be for the Last Judgement - as is abundantly told in all 4 Canonical Gospels by Jesus Christ Himself.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Hoyden

it does not have to be "reborn" - that is your fantasy.

link   
reply to post by Hoyden

Seems I struck a nerve! You still haven't answered my questions.

What happens after death, but, before resurrection? Do people lay in their graves waiting for Jesus to wake them up with a trumpet? What happened to Jesus' promise of eternal life and never tasting death?

link   

Hoyden

Akragon
reply to post by Hoyden

I care not

Bodily resurrection is as biblical as it can be - it is in the center of Jesus Christ teachings and in the OT teachings as well.

Only body can be resurrected. And it will be for the Last Judgement - as is abundantly told in all 4 Canonical Gospels by Jesus Christ Himself.

I suppose we'll just bicker about it then..

No its not the central theme to his teaching... the central theme is to love God, and love your neighbour as yourself... to do good to those that you love and to those that don't love you...

there is nothing in the gospels that teach a bodily resurrection... Nothing

You can read into the passages that speak of resurrection all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Jesus did not teach a bodily resurrection, or the fact that this whole theory was "created" by the church, and not Jesus

and on, and on, and on we go....

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Hoyden

windword
reply to post by Hoyden

No, that's the Christian fantasy. "You must be born again." If that is not a spiritual rebirth, what is it?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Akragon

Hoyden

Akragon
reply to post by Hoyden

I care not

I suppose we'll just bicker about it then..

No its not the central theme to his teaching... the central theme is to love God, and love your neighbour as yourself... to do good to those that you love and to those that don't love you...

there is nothing in the gospels that teach a bodily resurrection... Nothing

You can read into the passages that speak of resurrection all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Jesus did not teach a bodily resurrection, or the fact that this whole theory was "created" by the church, and not Jesus

and on, and on, and on we go....

yes, it is the center theme of His teaching - the Last Judgement after Second Coming and how to achieve eternal salvation. The belief in the resurrected bodies is based on the Jewish ones and although some Sadducees questioned it - as you do nowadays, so nothing new under the sun, He, specifically,taught about bodily resurrection many times.
As did His disciples in the Epistles.

All my quotes I have provided speak exactly about BODILY resurrection - you can deny it all you want - but it is all there.

the soul is immortal and can not be resurrected neither needs it.

the love of the neighbor is a method to achieve th eternal salvation and be considered a "sheep" not a "goat" at the Last Judgement where you will be in your resurrected body - as is abundantly proven by my quotes above.

but you may continue to believe in the "resurrection" of the immortal spirit which does not need resurrection, even if your belief is not supported by Canonical Gospels.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

windword

Hoyden

windword
reply to post by Hoyden

No, that's the Christian fantasy. "You must be born again." If that is not a spiritual rebirth, what is it?

not true. it is your fantasy about Christianity.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i will be incredibly disappointed if, after finally getting to the end of this life, i find myself inserted at the beginning of another one.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So, let see. I think we can sum up the Christian argument against reincarnation like this:

Reincarnation can't be true because, at the end of time, when heaven and earth have passed away, God is going to re-create all of the human bodies ever born so that they all can stand before him in judgement.

Reincarnation can't be true because, "Which body would God recreate?"

It's a puzzle in an enigma in a paradox!

edit on 23-3-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Hoyden

Seems I struck a nerve! You still haven't answered my questions.

What happens after death, but, before resurrection? Do people lay in their graves waiting for Jesus to wake them up with a trumpet? What happened to Jesus' promise of eternal life and never tasting death?

google is your friend.

I do not answer a preschooler's questions. as an adult you can look for them yourself.

enjoy.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

RoScoLaz
i will be incredibly disappointed if, after finally getting to the end of this life, i find myself inserted at the beginning of another one.

do not worry, you would not.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

I could post specific scripture in the NT that talks about reincarnation. Certainly, any reference's to reincarnation were removed from the bible so to keep the church in power over the people, and enforce the 'heaven and hell' concept.

I am too lazy at this moment, but shortly maybe I'll come back and post some of the references, especially the one that John the baptist is the reincarnation of Elijah.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

as is abundantly proven by my quotes above.

lets review those then shall we?

39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

Spiritual resurrection... the body is dead... without the spirit the body has no life... Just as James said

The body without the spirit is dead...

25 Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; 27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is [a]the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Already explained on the previous page... hes speaking of a spiritual resurrection

On that day some Sadducees (who say there is no resurrection) came to Jesus and questioned Him, 24 asking, “Teacher, Moses said, ‘If a man dies having no children, his brother as next of kin shall marry his wife, and raise up children for his brother.’ 25 Now there were seven brothers with us; and the first married and died, and having no children left his wife to his brother; 26 so also the second, and the third, down to the seventh. 27 Last of all, the woman died. 28 In the resurrection, therefore, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had married her.”

29 But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not [a]understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. 31 But regarding the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.” 33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.

You err neither knowing the scriptures nor the power of God... we are like angels in the resurrection... Angels have no flesh, no physical body... again, spiritual resurrection

24 Martha *said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

really has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but again we see him say.. the body dies, the spirit lives on...

Spiritual resurrection... where the spirit is resurrected from the body when the body fails

so for the umteeth time.... there is NO bodily resurrection

Jesus did not teach resurrection of the body... HE was the exception to the rule because he needed to show his followers life continues after the death of the body...

ONLY he was resurrected in the body... and it had a purpose as I just explained...

And lazurus of course... I guess I should add that... and look at the state of him after only a few days...

We are resurrected in the spirit... TO resurrect means to restore life... the spirit is restored to its former glory...

edit on 23-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join