It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnated: Past Lives; What if There’s Proof?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

You haven't watched any of the videos I posted, have you? There is a good one just above your post that I put up yesterday.

Remembering past lives is more than just a "feeling"; it's a "knowing" from the depths of your soul that your memory was real, and that the person you remember was you. No proof, just a "knowing".

Faith comes into play here. Faith can't be proven. Sorry.

edit on 3/25/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

rebelchildoflight2021
Textreply to post by sled735

I'm sure that this has been posted before, but I think it deserves a review, especially as the subject is reincarnation..

The Egg
By: Andy Weir

You were on your way home when you died.
It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
And that’s when you met me.
“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.
“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”
“Yup,” I said.
“I… I died?”
“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.
You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
“More or less,” I said.
“Are you god?” You asked.
“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”
“My kids… my wife,” you said.
“What about them?”
“Will they be all right?”
“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”
You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.
“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”
“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”
“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”
“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”
“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”
You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”
“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”
“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”
“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”
I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.
“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”
“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”
“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
“Where you come from?” You said.
“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”
“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”
“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
“So what’s the point of it all?”
“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.
I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
“I’m every human being who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“I’m Jesus?”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
You thought for a long time.
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”
“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”
And I sent you on your way.

As for myself, I have vivid memories of being at the Somme in WW1. I was an English soldier in the trenches and I remember the fear, the smell, the rain (!) the whistle of bombs falling. I was one of the lucky (?) ones, injured and after a long time recovering, as far as recovering with a spinal injury goes, sent back home. I committed suicide eventually, which, I believe got me sent right back here to live a life that almost concurs with the last life. I was born in Northern Ireland at the start of the Troubles, endured pain, loss and ended up in a wheelchair due to muscular problems. The lesson I learned was - Don't commit suicide! And you know, I have tried this time around, many times, but I am convinced I am not allowed to do it. Life is precious.

Never seen this particular story before, but right in line with what I believe.

Casts a different light on sayings such as "Do unto others as you'd have done unto you," "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers you do unto me," "forgive us our sins as we forgive others," et. al.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Excellent response!!

I second that!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lumpster13

I've read about this theory, but I disagree to an extent.
I do believe we are all connected on a spiritual level, and eventually, we will all reunite with the Source (if we choose), but to make it sound like only one spirit has been all the people in the world is not how I see it. I just don't get that at all.

I think we all have a spark of God inside us. It may come from the same Source, but it is a different spark, which creates an "individual" spirit.

Does that make sense?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm still waiting to get some feedback on the link to the t.v. show I posted in my OP.

Anyone watched it yet?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Bit late to the party here, but anyone interested in the cycle of reincarnation should check out some books by hypnotherapist Dr Michael Newton. Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls both describe the mechanics of the spirit realms, and the process by which reincarnation occurs.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Sled 735
Be mindful of the certainty of what you believe. Belief is a construct of the mind to achieve a sense of comfort within the discomfort in which we all experience.
know this: you can believe what you believe yet by the nature of belief you cannot know what you believe, for to do so would be to transform the belief into knowledge.
This is why those that rely upon belief for their 'comfort' instinctively fear knowledge.
Belief provides a sense of certainty that knowledge cannot due to the contradictory reality in which we presently exist.
Direct Experience could therefore be considered the purpose of continued existence which by its nature is the destroyer of belief.

Are you prepared to accept the loss of what you presently believe, including the comfort and certainty they provide, in order to directly experience the actual knowledge of what can be known?

A wise person once explained to me: 'In your experience of this reality, explore the light of that which can be known, for this is where the shadows of the lies within our beliefs cannot hide.'

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

when i tried the regression video u shared with us (and also other technique) i experienced some visions, they looked familiar but i'm not sure whether they were really past experiences or not.

most of the visions i had, they were like out of this planet.

peace
edit on 25-3-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
My 2 cents on this topic:
There are ones in the world, some very famous, some not so well known, men or women, they may be painters, musicians, novelists, artists or "scientists", thinkers or doers, ....etc; As you look deep into their works you will see that they have such a tremendous understanding of his/her being , it is technically impossible to have attained such in just a one way ticket trip of "incarnation" .

You could get hit on the head (literally) and like a "click" on the switch suddenly you feels like your a computer capable of calculation that goes beyond 2^20, but as for the understanding of your being you still have long way to go, because that part has no shortcuts.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

To accept soul memory and reincarnation, as the explanation in a straight forward way, when most of the world does and many have past life memories, is the most natural and perfect answer, the perfect fit.

To twist it around like a pretzle trying to find some obscure meaning, ie. their genes allowed a foreign language to be spoken and some long lost history replayed itself, something not natural but in fact cries out, "I'm a long shot answer, doing my best to filter information and hide this unacceptable truth from my conscious".

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Finally watched that video, very interesting! I wish I could have a regression done but it's too expensive for me at this time. I've tried using cd's but I can't focus enough to get much, plus I have 2 little ones so I don't have many oppurtunities to try meditation. That's the main reason why I get what I can from dreams. It is such a slow process that way because I'm lucky if I get something every couple months or so.

I would love to visit the 2 places that I have found, the Revolutionary war one is in New Jersey and the one as the Caribbean native is in Antigua. I like how they had the man go to Ireland and brought him to the school, it must have been very intense for him. Also, the message at the end stuck with me. I feel like that is one of the main reasons I was able to find out about my like as Hannah. I dreamt of her when i was 14 or so, but even though I searched for years to find out who she was, I didn't find her story until 2012 after a incredibly difficult time in my life now.

It was like a huge wake up call to me. Like "Whatever you are going through, you have gone through worse yet you are still here. Do not take your family and love for granted." This is why I don't believe it's anything I can make up. It's way beyond that. I can make up a huge number of things if that's what I wanted. To me, it's like I only receive information when I need it, not because I want it.

I sort of wonder if I was a major f*** up in many lives and that may be why I am able to receive these memories? Like a big kick in the butt to get me going in the right direction. Lol Probably spent too any lives working on the same issues, who knows....but I definately related to his final message.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I knew a man who committed suicide on the street in NYC, a particular corner on the UWS. I lived just a block from where it happened. A few years later, I stepped outside my apartment building and a woman was pushing a stroller with a very young child in it. The child was a girl wearing super white outfit. The white nearly glowed and I remember thinking that I had never seen anything so white.

The child looked fearful and when she saw me she pointed up the street in the direction of the corner where the man had committed suicide a few years back and said "Don't go that way, so sad, don't go that way, so sad." I looked at the little girl and said "Ok, I won't go that way."

Her mother said to me that she didn't understand why her daughter wouldn't let her go higher than the street they were on, not one block up. That should would do this every time, get upset and cry and say how sad she was. She said she has never taken her in that direction (up the block) because she would get so upset. She asked me if I knew if anything bad had ever happened up the block and I told her that I wasn't sure. I was on my way to work and simply didn't recall the suicide in that moment until later that day.

Now maybe the child was clairvoyant and saw what had happened. Or, a spirit was telling her about it.

I saw the child several more times while I lived there. She would always try to give me a flower and would get upset if I didn't except it. She also called me "the queen". What is really strange is that the man who committed suicide did the same thing, he was always trying to give me flowers when I passed by him and called me his queen. Again, past life, clairvoyance, a spirit?

Buddhism believes that your state of mind at death determines what state in which you will be reborn unless there is some intervening influences while you are in the intermediate state (the state between lives called the bardo). They do a Powa ceremony for the recently deceased to help them ripen good karma in the bardo so that they have a higher rebirth.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

sled735
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

You haven't watched any of the videos I posted, have you? There is a good one just above your post that I put up yesterday.

Remembering past lives is more than just a "feeling"; it's a "knowing" from the depths of your soul that your memory was real, and that the person you remember was you. No proof, just a "knowing".

Faith comes into play here. Faith can't be proven. Sorry.

I have seen that video several times, it really seems like you didn't even read my post . . .

-FBB

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

TechniXcality

The akashic records, are just a mystical interpretation of Carl Jungs collective unconcious. Serendipity, meaning in chance are all very real. Just as real as apathy. I could say a lot on this and i don't know why, but i remember a dream perhaps; but it occured when i was really young.It may be a memory, regardless i was standing with a none discriptive entity starring at the world making a choice to come back. It was as if i needed to prove something or learn something but i had the choice. I also was shown everything that would happen to me but i knew i was going to forget it all if i choose to experince it anyway. so i guess it's obviouse which choice i made lol

I sent you a message I hope I did it right. I'm sorta new on this site and haven't figured out how it works entirely. Anyways, I also remember choosing this life. I need to compare notes with you because it sounds like you remember what I remember.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

FraZZleD38

TechniXcality

The akashic records, are just a mystical interpretation of Carl Jungs collective unconcious. Serendipity, meaning in chance are all very real. Just as real as apathy. I could say a lot on this and i don't know why, but i remember a dream perhaps; but it occured when i was really young.It may be a memory, regardless i was standing with a none discriptive entity starring at the world making a choice to come back. It was as if i needed to prove something or learn something but i had the choice. I also was shown everything that would happen to me but i knew i was going to forget it all if i choose to experince it anyway. so i guess it's obviouse which choice i made lol

I sent you a message I hope I did it right. I'm sorta new on this site and haven't figured out how it works entirely. Anyways, I also remember choosing this life. I need to compare notes with you because it sounds like you remember what I remember.

Guess I don't know what I'm doing I got this message..... You may not send private messages to anyone
but ATS Staff.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by someoneinnyc

Wow that story gave me chills.
Did you ever tell the mother about the queen and flowers thing?

That sounds very credible to me for reincarnation.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

FraZZleD38

FraZZleD38

TechniXcality

Guess I don't know what I'm doing I got this message..... You may not send private messages to anyone
but ATS Staff.

You have to have 20 posts/replies before you can use the message center, or make a thread.
You should have received a welcome post from the MODS with all the important links to information about ATS, if you made a thread in the introductory forum. That's the only one you can make a thread in after joining.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

JonButtonIII
Bit late to the party here, but anyone interested in the cycle of reincarnation should check out some books by hypnotherapist Dr Michael Newton. Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls both describe the mechanics of the spirit realms, and the process by which reincarnation occurs.

Thank you for bringing up those books. As a matter of fact, I read Journey of Souls a couple of years ago, and I just finished Destiny of Souls a few weeks ago.

Both are very good books that offer excellent information on reincarnation.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Unity_99

To accept soul memory and reincarnation, as the explanation in a straight forward way, when most of the world does and many have past life memories, is the most natural and perfect answer, the perfect fit.

To twist it around like a pretzle trying to find some obscure meaning, ie. their genes allowed a foreign language to be spoken and some long lost history replayed itself, something not natural but in fact cries out, "I'm a long shot answer, doing my best to filter information and hide this unacceptable truth from my conscious".

I don't buy the whole memories through genes personally. no evidence in it.

In the post your responding to, I simply was discussing the things pointed out
Why is someone born into a rich or poor family.
That doesn't need some great universal context..that is simply luck of the draw. poor people (or rich) breed..someone is coming. not sure why a great reincarnated consideration needs to be established..
A bit like people demanding meaning in everything..such as a stubbed toe as I pointed out.
Maybe there is some huge multi-life reasoning behind it all..or maybe it is simply you stumbling around without watching where your going.
End of the day, nobody truly knows...but in the void of knowledge, I don't see the sense in shoving meaning into it. Maybe there is, but we don't know.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agartha

I finally got around to reading your link. That is an awesome article. Thanks for sharing it.

I think the more traumatic deaths are more easily remembered because they leave such a huge impression in the memory.

Here are a few more kids that remember a past life. I did a thread on this show last year. Lots of good stuff there:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This video has three different children telling their memories. There are many more on the Y/T site that were shown on the t.v. series.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join