It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnated: Past Lives; What if There’s Proof?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

zuimon
reply to post by sled735

I said in an earlier post that I don't believe in reincarnation, although I once did. This was what made me believe in it to begin with. It's a great visualisation and easy to do. When back home after the experience, I asked my brother to take me through it again as I lay on the floor of the lounge. And I explored going into future lives as well as other past ones. I loved them all, all so incredible what ones mind can come up with!

After that experience, what made you stop believing?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

schuyler
This thread started by sled started out discussing some modern issues about reincarnation. It was going okay for awhile and there were some interesting posts. Now it seems to have devolved into dueling Bible quotes. That's an interesting discussion in and of itself, and I suggest those interested ought to start a thread dealing specifically with reincarnation from the standpoint of Jesus and the Bible. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But for THIS THREAD it has been derailed to the point that it is Christians arguing over how many angels are on the head of a pin. This started out as a discussion of what constitutes proof of reincarnation in terms of external corroboration versus internal truth, including stories of children remembering past lives. For example, how can a two-year old who just learned to talk look at a WW II fighter plane and say, "That's a Corsair!" and when his mother says, "Look, it has a bomb on the bottom (of this model)" the kid says, "No, that's a drop tank." then proceeds to give the correct name of the (obscure, not famous) aircraft carrier his "former self" was stationed on, including the names of his compatriots, at least one of which is still alive? I mean, I have a granddaughter who is two and a half and can't really talk yet and here is this younger kid who is giving details about WW II airplanes in complete sentences.

These are interesting case studies of contemporary accounts that are difficult to explain away as fantasies. Given the title of this thread and the original discussion, it's germane. Yet here we are discussing what Jesus did or did not say.

It's up to sled. It's her thread. But I'm losing interest. If you want to discuss contemporary proof of reincarnation, let's do it. If you want to quote the Bible at each other, fine, but let's do it in separate threads so that both threads can stay on topic. I'm interested in both topics, really. I like peanut butter (Adams crunchy only) and I like jelly (Smuckers, please), but I don't like both in the same sandwich.
edit on 3/23/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

Thank you, Schuyler.

Yes, I was sleeping yesterday, and getting ready for work last night. I wasn't able to give the thread the attention I wanted to.

I do ask that people stay on topic, and stop debating what is, or is not, in the Bible. I think we have beat that dead horse enough in this thread. Let's keep this about reincarnation, not the bible. That's for the spiritual forum, not the paranormal forum.

Thank you.

Moving on...
Does anyone else have any memories of a past life, or know a child that remembers theirs? Any good videos or books to add, etc.?

edit on 3/24/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 3/24/2014 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Wrabbit2000 (MOD) fixed the link in my OP so that it goes to the video now. It may take a minute to load, so just be patient.

Has anyone watched it? What are your thoughts on the video?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm so glad I managed to find out about this show, I nearly missed it! This is one of my favorite topics since I've had memories since I was a child but brushed them off. I didn't find out about this topic until I was in my late teens, but didnt have much info to go on until about 5 years ago as far as starting to validate anything. I was in my mid 20's then.

It's one of the strangest but most exciting feelings to find out that there is some validation as to what you have experienced since you were a child. There's no way I could have made this stuff up! Most of my memories come in dreams, but they're like little snippets of a past life. Most are pretty mundane situations, but there were a couple that were pretty cool.

The first dream that I was able to validate I had when I was about 14. The short version is I was a woman holding a baby, pacing back and forth. I saw the dress she was wearing, it was from the American Revolution. The scene skipped and she was about to answer the front door, she must have put the baby down for a nap because she was no lo.ger holding it when she answered the door. I saw this all as if I was this woman, I had a VERY bad feeling as she was about to open the door but I didn't have control over the situation. I was just telling myself don't do it, do NOT open the door! Next thing I saw 3 British soldiers one was an officer I believe. Again it changes and I'm running through the parlor trying to get to the back of the house when I'm shot in the back and fall right in front of a fireplace. Woke up right after that...fortunately I didn't feel it, but it was still very sad. i wondered for years what happened to the baby, why was she shot?

Well, a few years ago I found a woman named Hannah Ogden Caldwell who had beed shot during the Revoluion in the home she was staying at. The British had burned the home but it was rebuilt a couple years later. I saw a youtube video of a little tour they give of the home, and it starts right in front of the fireplace...I almost cried when I saw it! They say she was shot in the backroom, but she didnt even make it there.
She not only had and 8 or 9 month old baby, but 8 other kids as well. Thankfully none of the were hurt!

Now why was she shot? Her husband was a Parson who was very outspoken against the British, they even had a bounty out for him. He barely escaped the morning she was shot. I'm sure they came there looking for him and when Hannah wouldn't rat him out, they shot her. Sorry, this wasn't so short, was it? Lol

I also dreamt of being a Caribbean native standing by a bay with my group and watching a Spanish ship sail by. I found the exact bay I saw in my dream. There are other memories too, but none I've been able to validate like those 2.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
it is a really interesting subject.

I meditated upon this issue and saw quite a lot of interesting lives.

I was before being me, born in China, I was a girl and my family worked in the rice fields. I fell backwards when I was young and hit my head and then I was me again in this life.

before that, I was a still born twin.

I mustn't have lived for a long time before that because, it then jumped to England 1800s and I saw that I was an orphan and I worked in a laundry and went to the pub a lot. I died of tuberculosis.

(which is interesting because I suffered from pneumonia throughout my childhood)

From all the meditations I saw in my mind about reincarnation, I was always poor and working in factories or farms.

not really that exciting.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thank you, Benoit84, and Thurisaz for sharing your experiences with us.

It feels good when we get validation, right?

I did a meditation from a thread I have up, and I saw myself as a man wearing sandals standing in a desert setting. I felt I had on a toga, or long garment of some kind.
There were hills around, and mountains in the distance. It reminded me of the times when Jesus walked the earth, and pictures I had seen in Sunday school when I was young. Because of this, I stopped my meditation because I felt I was being influenced from those memories.
But then, several more people posted they saw themselves as men wearing sandals, so maybe I really did live back in those days.
I've been meaning to try it again and see what I remember.

If anyone would like to try to remember your past lives you can visit the thread I did last year with the video that is available in the OP:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let us know if you try this, and if you have success. Many people who tried it had some awesome, clear memories.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I love reading about past lives and past life regression. I'm incredibly skeptical, but I would be open to the experience. I have a really hard time being hypnotized, so I don't know if I would be being a decent candidate, but it fascinates me nonetheless. The stories you posted sound awesome. I'll have to check the show out.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I believe in reincarnation and many other spiritual and higher evolved beings. And this is just another small step to recognition that we are more then only flesh and bones...

Dr. Bertrand took her back through two past life's before finding the answer to her question.
This woman lived in Egypt in the 1500's, and she was barren. During that time period women who couldn't have children were out-casts.
She spoke in Arabic while under hypnosis, and told the doctor the name of certain things that she says she had no way of knowing in this life.
Her first past life memories provided many things that were verified to be true, also.

Maybe one day we can use these techniques to verify ancient findings in archeology . That there are maybe people walking this earth who came from that time period and have a story to tell..?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

The physics of reincarnation is not troublesome at ALL....

It is simple and helps to explain much that current scientific paradigms have trouble with.

What we think of as ourselves is not anything more than a specific frequency of energy. When the human body begins generating this frequency of energy, it captures a portion of that energy from throughout the universe, this becomes our consciousness. Not the whole of our consciousness mind you, but a portion of it.

Whenever that frequency of energy is proximated in another living being, the consciousness would then be reincarnated.

This is why identical twins often share emotions and traits and why supposedly reincarnated peoples resemble each other physically. It's not necessary, but makes it much more likely since the closer one is physically makes the likelihood of duplicating that specific frequency much more likely.

Another thing this helps to explain drastic changes in personality and inexplicable loss of memories in head trauma patients. The frequency of energy has changed and therefore so has the person. Some memories are physically stored in the brain, some become a part of the frequency of energy that makes up the consciousness.

There are any number of other phenomena that are explained with this being the case.

I could, and have considered, writing a book detailing it.

Jaden

edit on 24-3-2014 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
For the hard-core skeptics:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Interesting thread, and I have a question that I hope doesn't derail it too much..

If reincarnation were an accepted fact of life, as in common knowledge, how would people choose to live their lives differently?

Are people living their lives a certain way because they think there is only one life on Earth and there are consequences after death?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

sled735

ETA: Some souls/spirits choose to come back here after "graduation" to aid in helping others.
They can be master teachers, or just a friend that you meet at the right time to help you get through a hard situation.
They can be a baby that makes you feel love that you never knew you had inside you.
They can be a leader, doctor, nurse, or any person that aids in helping others.

It's our choice. It's called freewill.

One day I was reading a book when, BOOM! It was like I got banged in the head with so much over-whelming evidence that reincarnation is real, I couldn't possibly ignore it! What a relief... to finally have the proof (for me) that allowed me to let go of all the swaying back and forth in what I believed.

I had the same "BOOM!" moment when I was on medication recovering from a pretty bad illness.

I wasn't even thinking about the meaning of life, why we're here, etc. etc. I was really just feeling miserable when I had a moment of enlightenment that matches what you just described about our time on Earth. I've often described it to people as a strange rush of knowledge as though something just handed it to me and said "here, you know the truth now."

I wonder where the information comes from... How did you arrive at your boom moment?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well, on this subject I have a little story.

Before I was born/conceived (cant remember which exactly, I'd have to ask), my mother started to see a young child darting around the apartment, fully detailed. She wanted to say something, but worried that my father would think she was crazy. After a while of seeing him, and remaining quiet, my father finally came to her, and asked if she had been seeing a young child around the house. That was before my mother said anything about it, so it had to have been real.

Once I was conceived/born, the child disappeared.

My birthdate and location is also pretty interesting. 9/3/93 39th st.
I dont know if that means anything at all, but its always interested me.

I strongly believe in reincarnation, and would really like to undergo this procedure to find out about my past lives.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I take issue with people here assuming that they are indeed the person whose memories or experiences they encounter.

If you are jumping to a supernatural conclusion what sort of methods do you employ to confirm this? Just "feeling" something is jibber jabber that does nothing but potentially propagate misinformation. How do you know this is not a phenomena similar to people receiving head wounds and waking up knowing the piano or another language.

If such a phenomena exists, it could potentially be like the so called akashik records and one is merely accessing another's memory (like the matrix).

/offtopic
Oh and I totally agree with Akragon on the whole spiritual rebirth debate that went totally and completely overboard.
/backontopic

Reading all the responses about having some experience, granted it appears to be extremely convincing to you, and immediately assuming it is a past life is no different than the belief of spontaneous life from the middle ages.

I don't want to be linked to excerpts from some holy book unless it is a method for determining such that is not based on the "just trust me here" logic soooooo common to the new-agey reincarnation crowd.

Also please avoid the emotional "logic" of reincarnation, it is NOT logic so please just don't answer if that is all you've got.

-FBB
edit on 24-3-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Philippines
Interesting thread, and I have a question that I hope doesn't derail it too much..

If reincarnation were an accepted fact of life, as in common knowledge, how would people choose to live their lives differently?

Are people living their lives a certain way because they think there is only one life on Earth and there are consequences after death?

It depends on what their current belief system is. I would say Christians are living it a certain way because they think we only have one life.
As for reincarnation being accepted, I think most people would realize they are here to learn certain lessons, and if they ignore them, they'll just have to keep coming back and repeating the same crap over and over until they get it right.

I think it would help people to believe in reincarnation so they can do what they came to do, and move on to the next one, maybe on a different planet, or in a higher dimension.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Answer

I had the same "BOOM!" moment when I was on medication recovering from a pretty bad illness.

I wasn't even thinking about the meaning of life, why we're here, etc. etc. I was really just feeling miserable when I had a moment of enlightenment that matches what you just described about our time on Earth. I've often described it to people as a strange rush of knowledge as though something just handed it to me and said "here, you know the truth now."

I wonder where the information comes from... How did you arrive at your boom moment?

I was reading a book, and the evidence was so overwhelming, and undeniable with the cases presented, it was like I was hit in the head by a club. LOL I had no more doubts after that, and my belief has not wavered since.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

If reincarnation was more widely accepted, we would have more respect for our environment and the social structures and cultural patterns that we create today, and our lives would reflect a responsibility to our future. Our society would be more adept at planning by looking forward to something we'd like to a part of in our future lives together, as children of Mother Earth. We'd treat each other better, knowing that the tables could be turned next time around.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Lurkenstein
Well, on this subject I have a little story.

Before I was born/conceived (cant remember which exactly, I'd have to ask), my mother started to see a young child darting around the apartment, fully detailed. She wanted to say something, but worried that my father would think she was crazy. After a while of seeing him, and remaining quiet, my father finally came to her, and asked if she had been seeing a young child around the house. That was before my mother said anything about it, so it had to have been real.

Once I was conceived/born, the child disappeared.

My birthdate and location is also pretty interesting. 9/3/93 39th st.
I dont know if that means anything at all, but its always interested me.

I strongly believe in reincarnation, and would really like to undergo this procedure to find out about my past lives.

So, you were checking out your new parents before you were born?!! Cool!!

Those numbers have important meaning in your life, one way, or another. Would I be correct to say that you see 9 and 3 a lot in other ways in your daily life? Have you ever done a numerology chart on yourself to see if those numbers are key to any of your life numbers?

I learned to do numerology from the book below, one of the best I've read on the subject. It explains it very well, and makes it easy to understand each step of filling out the chart. Then once you get the numbers figured out, the book gives the meaning for those numbers. It's very interesting.

I chose 735 in my user name because those are my lucky numbers, and I see them all the time in other things, like receipts, assigned numbers, numerology, etc.
The number 3 is my life path number, 5 and 7 also have important meanings for me.

Get the book and give it a try.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join