It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
With reference to the fake passports, CNN reported:

There are previous cases of illegal immigrants using fake passports to try to enter Western countries. And Southeast Asia is known to be a booming market for stolen passports.

CNN

Of course there have been previous cases too where Mossad agents used stolen passports to execute crimes.

I find it amusing that CNN should suggest the two unknown passengers used fake passports to immigrate to ...China?

edit on 9-3-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by JRCrowley

I don't have my books or records anymore so I am going by memory. I got most of the details right.

Not holding anything against you bro. You brought up a good case to compare this situation to.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

The report that I had stated the autopilot engaged, and the Captain disengaged it during the turn. They eventually stalled.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

samaria
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

ok so that explains why it's taking so long. i thought this system would transmit data directly to some ground station or control tower.
thx.

Both Boeing and the airline have known what the system data say for some time, they just don't wanna publish it, yet.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Unless everything disintegrated into ashes which is highly unlikely but not improbable, they should at least find quite a number of floating objects in the water.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Kurius
Of course there have been previous cases too where Mossad agents used stolen passports to execute crimes.

Wow, so far in this thread we've had Muslim terrorists listed as possible causes and also Mossad agents. All that's missing now is a reference to possible crazed Christians being guilty and we'll have the terrorist trifecta.

It's a bit early to assert that this was a terrorist operation.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by rockflier

The report that I had stated the autopilot engaged, and the Captain disengaged it during the turn. They eventually stalled.

They failed to verify that the autopilot was connected (classic V2 autopilot, pushbutton not paddle).
That got them into an attitude from vhere recovery was not possible. No stall.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

It took almost a week to find Air France 447 after it hit the Atlantic. It's going on three now. They'll find debris eventually.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I cant see the stolen passport used by terrorists idea feasible. Only because they were old passports. I mean it adds another completely unnecessary risk of being stopped at boarding time .

Same for getting luggage on board for a bomb.

I mean why not kill people and steal the passports on the same day.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

i just wonder why they holding back on it

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Meanwhile... the flying world goes on, and problems happen...

JAL Dreamliner makes emergency landing in Honolulu

AFP) – 11 hours ago

Tokyo — Japan Airlines said Sunday its Dreamliner flight from Tokyo to San Francisco made an emergency landing in Honolulu, reportedly due to a possible problem with its hydraulic system.

The pilot of flight JL002, carrying 171 passengers and crew, decided to divert to Hawaii after a warning message about falling pressure of lubricant oil in its right engine, according to Japanese national broadcaster NHK.

NHK said that there was no fire and no injuries.

In a short statement on its website, JAL said the jet had landed in Honolulu due to "maintenance issues".

"This flight terminated its operation at Honolulu International Airport," the announcement said.

JAL officials could not be reached for immediate comment.

Boeing's 787 Dreamliner has suffered a series of problems since coming into service two years ago, including a global grounding of its fleet over battery system problems.

Boeing admitted that despite months of testing it did not know the root cause of the battery problems, but rolled out modifications it said would ensure the issue did not recur.

Copyright © 2014 AFP. All rights reserved.

www.google.com...

I merely post this to show that - although the 777 has a very good safety rating - there is always the possibility that there was a technical failure. Always.

In fact, if I absolutely had to take a guess, I'd say something technical went wrong with that plane and it broke apart and came down because of it. Just a total guess, but... yeah. RIP to all those involved.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

samaria

i just wonder why they holding back on it

Local culture (very different from European culture).

They probably feel the need to control any information released at the moment.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

The second link sure makes things sound bad...

Confirmed both passports were for male passengers and they aren't going to speak about or present the video of the two who used the passports boarding the plane because it could jeopardize the on-going investigation.

That info makes me believe we aren't in the realm of malfunction any longer. I'm pretty sure we know where this is headed.
edit on 9-3-2014 by OatDelphi because: spelling

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

samaria
reply to post by roadgravel

since they failed to check the passports correctly. though i think getting some explosive on the plane might of been possible
such as underwear bomb or something. Luggage would go through some screening though right

An airport employee could have been bought or crossed to the other side. So many possibilities.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

roadgravel
Without the on board black box, what happens if the system that sends the data fails? Any events or counter measures plus audio occurring after that are lost. Much information that might be needed to understand the situation would be gone.

I would think that a transmitted data stream would be beneficial as a redundant system, not the singular system as is a black-box at this point. There are so many redundant systems on aircraft, it just seems silly that this system would differ, especially since it can be the salvation of travelers that follow. I understand that the recorder used to be tape and then was replaced with solid state recording. Do they still only record the last thirty minutes or so of the flight as was the case with the tape format due to the amount of tape they could use? I would hope not.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

true. how was that phrase : everyone has their price...
makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

Please check your PMs (envelope in the upper right).

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't know all the tech details of the boxes. My understand is that currently some performance and error data is sent during flight. Improvements to the system are being made, I believe.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Kurius
With reference to the fake passports, CNN reported:

There are previous cases of illegal immigrants using fake passports to try to enter Western countries. And Southeast Asia is known to be a booming market for stolen passports.

CNN

I find it amusing that CNN should suggest the two unknown passengers used fake passports to immigrate to ...China?

The reports I've seen indicate that they were en route from Bejiing to Amsterdam - to transfer flights in China?

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join