It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by reldra

If there is a total systems failure that would include the transponder.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

JRCrowley

Honkwoo1486
ok first off not sure about this but cant they just track the black box those things are suppose to be indestructible aint they?

The Black Box is a flight data recording device, not a tracking device.

Yeah i knew they recorded the data ect but ya would have thought they would have made them track-able just in-case a plain goes missing maybe they should start fitting em all with a tracking device so if this happens again they know where it is

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It could be another another case of a crazy suicidal pilot, like Egypt Air 990. Maybe the pilot or co-pilot left the cockpit to use the toilet and the other pilot locked the other one out. Then proceeded to dump all the fuel and turned off the engines and all electronics. How many crew members fly in a 777 cockpit?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Mother nature has a way with planes...but some of the stuff I was reading about stalls ( bc I was confusing bank degree turns vs just turns) that if the pilot is well trained they can sometimes maneuver and fix the stalls....

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Honkwoo1486

They are, but it's a short range pinger.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So they think theres a Passport ring..

my.news.yahoo.com... 023820132.html

But does seem unrelated to what happened to the plane.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

from what I remember from another episode of air disasters, the wings are not designed to do heavy maneuvers like you would see a fighter jet, or stunt plane do. its not as simple as some people think. I was obsessed with flight simulators. I know they are not the real deal but trying to recover from a stall is very difficult. Once you lose lift and air speed, the engines and wings wont get enough air and in turn those both fail. This is my opinion so I can be terribly wrong.
edit on 3/9/2014 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Honkwoo1486

JRCrowley

Honkwoo1486
ok first off not sure about this but cant they just track the black box those things are suppose to be indestructible aint they?

The Black Box is a flight data recording device, not a tracking device.

Yeah i knew they recorded the data ect but ya would have thought they would have made them track-able just in-case a plain goes missing maybe they should start fitting em all with a tracking device so if this happens again they know where it is

You're right. I'm sure they're working on a way to replace the "pingers" inside them with something that can be detected using GPS. It would make finding crash sites like this a lot easier. In the meantime, they paint them in bright orange paint for high visibility to help searchers find them on the actual crash site.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

qd22vcc

Mother nature has a way with planes...but some of the stuff I was reading about stalls ( bc I was confusing bank degree turns vs just turns) that if the pilot is well trained they can sometimes maneuver and fix the stalls....

Even basic flight training emphasizes stall recognition and recovery. In the 757-200 simulator I went through, stalls and recovery were a daily instructional occurrence.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Trying to find more what would cause a large drop in altitude...this London flight dropped from 40,000 to 20,000...wonder how fast that occured..the flightradar24 does have a slight delay of 5 minutes?

Article

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Pentagon says they don't see indication of an explosion. I am gonna guess that is based on their access to the US intelligence system data from who knows what, probably top secret, platform.

The radar data hasn't be said to show MH370 or an unidentified plane leaving or falling from the sky.

Either the data or analysts are wrong or we have entered the twilight zone.

edit:

Adding Decompression could still be in play before twilight zone.

edit on 3/9/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You're mostly right. In a normal stall the engines will continue to provide power, but the wings aren't providing lift the engines aren't providing effective thrust.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The newspaper cited a U.S. government official who spoke on the condition of anonymity as suggesting "a system that looks for flashes around the world" had not identified any sign of a blast. NBC News could not immediately confirm the report.

Link

Maybe just a rumor turn MSM fact. Maybe the Pentagon will actually release a statement.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

At night, with no reference point a stall is easy to get into and fail to recognize.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Zaphod58

At night, with no reference point a stall is easy to get into and fail to recognize.

IF primary and standby attitude instruments are inop perhaps. One will feel the stick shaker and warning horn well before a stall is entered. Then, if sufficient power is not available to maintain altitude and break the stall, lowering the nose and increasing airspeed will break the stall.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Another possibility? Hit an air pocket but couldnt recover....

Article

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

qd22vcc

Article

An air pocket is nothing more than turbulence.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

A highly experienced Egyptian pilot (retired as a general from the Air Force, and was one of the only pilots to shoot down an Israeli plane in air to air combat) stalled a perfectly healthy, almost brand new 737-800 (after a couple years in type) and never even realized what happened. They didn't even know they were descending until just before impact.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Another site said it can take 3-4 minutes for a plane to fall out of the sky at cruising altitudes...anyone know the math if thats correct? Pilots couldve been chillin at 1 am and maybe hit turbulence so fast they didnt have a chance to recover?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

qd22vcc

Article
I've been through one of those sudden drops of over 1000 ft and it's scary but not really that dangerous unless you're on approach. Those micro-downdrafts caused at least one crash at DFW before they installed improved radar to detect the downdrafts. If you're at 900 feet and you suddenly lose 1000 feet obviously that's bad as you'll crash. But dropping from 35000 feet to 34000 or even 33000 feet shouldn't be a problem. You might get some slight injuries, but I don't see how it can cause a crash.

I'm also not sure why you couldn't recover from a stall at 35000 feet, because I suspect you probably could, unless you lost power and control of any control surfaces.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join