It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

Ok, then my previous post doesnt really equate if its only really a small turn....

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Chinese martyrs brigade claim responsibility ?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The tracking method I mentioned is powered by batteries and sends data almost constantly. So, it wouldn't be far from the last known location. If it exploded via means this could not read- meaning a bomb and not a systems problem or pilot error, then that is why they don't know. I don't believe it is possible to tamper with the data, as it is sent to Flightradar24, but you never know. So it exploded due to a bomb or is safe somewhere if the data can be tampered with.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

Also, 60 degrees turn from what Ive been researching is a 2g turn...but looks like this is common practice for engine failure...so maybe thats all it ends up being...

Throughout the years, I’ve read seemingly countless articles in various magazines concerning “the impossible turn.” For those not familiar with the phrase, it refers to turning back to the runway behind you in the event of an engine failure. The concept is simple, unless you have sufficient altitude, your rate of descent is too great for your rate of turn, and simple math will tell you that you’ll hit the ground before completing the turn.

Link:
www.eaa.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by reldra

The ADS-b is the aircraft transponder. It's powered by the aircraft generators, with a battery backup, in case the aircraft loses power.

It transmits through the aircraft systems, so if the aircraft breaks up the transponder no longer transmits.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was trying to look for this episode.

I saw this recently and is a bit similar to this crash. The plane fell out of the sky due to a stall. The pilots never notified ATC or sent out a mayday.

this was a 757 model, not a 777. Keep that in mind.

The cause of the crash was due to a wasps nest or the ASI's tube covers not being removed/inspected before takeoff. This caused the autopilot to work with false information causing the stall. The pilot was overwhelmed with all the warnings which led to the crash.

The only line im drawing here is how this 757 fell out out of the sky suddenly, and the captain not sending out a mayday. Could've been catastrophic instrument failure. I'm not sure if the 777 had any fail-safes against this. We wont know anything until they retrieve those black boxes and voice recorders.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reldra

There is talk that the data can be spoofed since it is not secured.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

When performed by a large aircraft it's a 1G turn.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
****Another note from article that performing 60 degree turn is hard to maintain any knots and you will go into full stall.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

thesmokingman
North Korea will surely be to blame after reports of near miss of a missile and a passenger plane just a week ago. I hope that everyone is ok, but it does not look good. Airliners do not just "go missing" without usually crashing

Or without making an official call for help. Unless it was so fast and dramatic that there was no time for a call.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
ok first off not sure about this but cant they just track the black box those things are suppose to be indestructible aint they?

2nd thing is in october 2013 me and my girlfriend went on holiday due to her messing about in toilett we ended up separate in Que (shes not one for walking up to me she would rather wait 2-3 ppl than cut in) so i checked in fine got to my girlfriend and there was a problem. she had MY passport so i could have boarded that plane without even needing a passport it never even got looked at.

so i can understand how these people with stolen passports can get on planes easy seeing as though the terrorists that caused the London bombings where from Leeds and i flew from leeds even with being on terror alert after 9/11, London and all the rest i was still able to board a plane with someone else's passport

Very good job i was waiting there for her otherwise i would have gone on holiday alone and would have had a very annoyed girlfriend when they wouldnt allow me back in country haha

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

If it's the one I think (I can't watch videos), the static ports that provide airspeed and altitude data were covered the night before to wash the aircraft. They used grey tape which matched the color of the ports, so no one noticed until after takeoff.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Something like that. I dont remember exactly. the wikipedia page says it was a wasps nest, this documentary said covers.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Honkwoo1486
ok first off not sure about this but cant they just track the black box those things are suppose to be indestructible aint they?

The Black Box is a flight data recording device, not a tracking device.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

You're confusing a 60 degree bank with a 60 degree turn. A 60 degree bank could be 2Gs and lead to a stall. A 60 degree turn however is an easy 1G maneuver.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think the turn has to do with reacting and correcting to whatever the cause was...sounds like going over 45 degrees can still cause this big planes, depending on whats going on i.e. load,etc...to stall

They use the term "upset"-Figure 1 in the below link

Aerodynamic Principles of Large Airplanes

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by reldra

The ADS-b is the aircraft transponder. It's powered by the aircraft generators, with a battery backup, in case the aircraft loses power.

It transmits through the aircraft systems, so if the aircraft breaks up the transponder no longer transmits.

It transmits through on board avionics, so, yes, if the plane explodes, there is no transponder and no data link. But if it was due to failing systems, that gets transmitted. Even Primary Surveillance Radar would have given them a fairly accurate idea of where the craft was near to before losing contact.

They did/do know more than they were saying "The flight may have changed course and turned back toward Kuala Lumpur, Malaysian military officials said at a news conference Sunday.
But the pilot appears to have given no signal to authorities that he was turning around, the officials said, attributing the change of course to indications from radar data."
edit on 9-3-2014 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Early Sunday morning, Malaysia’s air force chief said that military radar indicated the missing Boeing 777 jet may have turned back to Kuala Lumpur, but declined to give further details on how far the plane may have veered off course. Rodzali Daud said “there is a possible indication that the aircraft made a turnback,” and that authorities were “trying to make sense of that.”

Malaysia Airlines Chief Executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said the pilot is supposed to inform the airline and traffic control authorities if he does return, but that officials had received no such distress call.

The Pentagon reviewed initial surveillance data from the location where the plane disappeared and did not find evidence of an explosion, reports the New York Times.

Link

The US military says no indication of explosion.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

You keep confusing bank with turn. They are totally different.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Yeah I read back. I see that
They didnt mention bank just a shift in degrees so a turn versus a bank 60 degrees....yeah then not sure lol...that wouldve made some sense to me for the bank but to just drop to zero altitude wouldnt that seem like an explosion? I wish they could find stuff sooner but it does take time

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join