It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

Granted. Let us agree to disagree on cause.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

That's one that will never have total agreement.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

rockflier

Granted. Let us agree to disagree on cause.

I never said I didn't agree with you, just that there is controversy as to the cause. Clearly you believe it was suicide/murder and it's possible it was.

The reason that case was brought up in this thread is because of the sudden altitude drop. and there is a modicum of context there with Flight MH370.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

JRCrowley

I never said I didn't agree with you, just that there is controversy as to the cause. Clearly you believe it was suicide/murder and it's possible it was.

The reason that case was brought up in this thread is because of the sudden altitude drop. and there is a modicum of context there with Flight MH370.

Actually, the flight in question proposed by Zaphod58 was regarding a 737-800. I still am researching that one.

UPDATE: I am unable to locate any information on an accident involving an EgyptAir 737-800
edit on Sun, 09 Mar 2014 17:02:37 -050020142014-03-09T17:02:37-05:00kfSunday02America/ChicagoSun, 09 Mar 2014 17:02:37 -0500 by rockflier because: Update

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

rockflier

Actually, the flight in question proposed by Zaphod58 was regarding a 737-800. I still am researching that one.

He might have gotten the information a bit mixed up. Yes, EgyptAir Flight 990 was the Boeing 767.

As for the 737, here is the list of accidents for that bird:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is pure speculation on my part and not even saying this is what happened. Just throwing a shot into the dark really. Could perhaps the drop in altitude and direction change have happened because they may have been being hijacked at the moment? Like a struggle in the cockpit or whatever? Even feasible? Then the hijackers turned it around and that is why there is no pilot asking for a flight change?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

My mistake, it was a -300, and it was Flash Airlines 604 (that's what you get when you use memory and not Google).

They departed Cairo, and went into a post departure turn. The captain disengaged the autopilot, and they eventually went into a turning stall. They were only about 5,000 feet and had no time.

They rolled to 50 degrees when they noticed it, and eventually to 111 degrees. The Captain had 7,500 hours.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I don't have my books or records anymore so I am going by memory. I got most of the details right.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Zaphod58

They departed Cairo, and went into a post departure turn. The captain disengaged the autopilot, and they eventually went into a turning stall. They were only about 5,000 feet and had no time.

This report says, among a myriad of other things, that the aircraft did not stall. A minor point considering the autopilot "probably" never engaged and the crew did not realize it until it was too late.

www.b737.org.uk...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
hey everybody. I been reading and watching the news all day and came across this article wich i would like to share.

In the case of AF 447, the aircraft also sent a series of electronic messages over a three-minute period from an on-board monitoring system via the Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) which gave investigators vital clues on what went wrong fairly quickly after the disaster. Malaysia Airlines may have similar information but this may currently be privy only to the investigators looking into what happened to MH 370. Read more at: www.firstpost.com...

I just wonder why it's taking them so long to come out with more information on what exactly went wrong during that flight.
All we know so far is that flight MH370 changed corse seconds before disappearing from radar, right?!
I guess we will find out tomorrow what went wrong but then again i keep thinking with these stolen passports and having up to 4 people on board with wrong ID's the possibility of a hijacking that went wrong is pretty high too.

I'm sure they allready know what happend by now and we will find out soon enough.

www.firstpost.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
that there is still no real information yet is odd.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

MRuss
Can someone list the events that would lead to mid-air disintegration? (Beyond the obvious...)
By obvious can I assume you mean "bomb"?

Other possibilities that come to mind:

-break up and catastrophic decompression due to metal fatigue. Note this happened to one plane where some people not wearing seat belts were sucked out of the plane, but the pilots still managed to land the plane, however if it was worse the aerodynamics could make it difficult for the plane to stay airborne. Not very likely. In a different decompression event a mechanic used the wrong screws to replace the windshield, and the windshield came off the plane, partially sucking the captain out into a state of unconsciousness. Another crew member managed to remain conscious and land the plane but it could easily have crashed had circumstances been slightly different.

-bolide impact. A possibility but not very likely. Effect could be much like a bomb.

-collision with something else besides a bolide, but no indication any other aircraft were involved, and 35000 feet is a bit high for a flock of birds.

-missile...not very likely at 35000 feet.

-engine disintegration-flaws in engine components could cause engine components to break apart...this happened once before and all hydraulic control of the planes controls was lost, but they still had throttle control and managed to use that to land the plane. A more catastrophic failure of this type could have severed not just hydraulics but also power, or could have possibly ignited fuel in the wing?

That's a short list of things that come to mind, but I'm trying to be neutral and let the investigators investigate.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Reuters: "Mid-air disintegration"

Reuters

Why do I have the sinking suspicion that the cause of this crash is going to turn out to be a surface-to-air missile or some other act of terrorism...?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Im also curious why they arent showing the footage of the two passport subjects they say they have. Seems it might help identify the suspects quicker if the world could see them.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I wonder how well they screen luggage or if an insider at the airport could have gotten a bomb on board. Something like Air India 182.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by samaria

It is unclear as to why the ACARS data is unavailable. During a press conference, the response to a question regarding data that is automatically transmitted by the plane, was that they needed to consult with Boeing about it ...paraphrasing. Seems like nothing short of a mid-air breakup would have to occur for that system to fail.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that debris may have been found.

That's the latest news

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

since they failed to check the passports correctly. though i think getting some explosive on the plane might of been possible
such as underwear bomb or something. Luggage would go through some screening though right

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

msdesertrat
reply to post by samaria

During a press conference, the response to a question regarding data that is automatically transmitted by the plane, was that they needed to consult with Boeing about it

They have one (of many) customer options where ACARS system data is uploaded to, and evaluated by Boeing Center.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

ok so that explains why it's taking so long. i thought this system would transmit data directly to some ground station or control tower.
thx.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join