It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by reldra

According to the transponder data the aircraft lost power almost as soon as they reached 35,000 feet. Either they lost power and came down intact, which is highly doubtful, or it exploded.

Either way it could be some distance from the last known position.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
its 2.02am here in malaysia, gonna put a little more about this tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Is it possible one of my fellow members can give us another summary of the current situation?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
Is it possible one of my fellow members can give us another summary of the current situation?

A plane is lost and no one can find it yet.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

These oil slicks make it sound like there was no explosion at the fuel tanks, wouldn't that fuel be burned if there was explosion.
My only guess is explosion at the front of the plane breaking it apart from where the fuel is stored instantly.

I am just a arm chair like most of us here are.

but any thoughts on why their would be oil slicks?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

The article said that if there was an issue that pilots will come back but im at a loss for no warnings...but if it was electrical maybe thats why they couldnt send a mayday...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hey ATS community,

Yeah I just joined to relpy to this thread and this is my 1st post but I think I just made a REALLY interesting connection.

So I was watching this video

And I don't want to repeat everything he says but focus on that Plane that is travelling at incredible speed from one moment to another.
This Afternoon (Europe) CNN was reporting that people who were looking for the plane spotted an STRANGE OBJECT in the Sea.

Now, the fact that they described the object as "strange" is very weird to me.

Is it stupid to think that this plane may have been part of some kind of UFO attack with multiple UFO's/USO's involved?

I'm still believing in Terror attack or Radar malfunction but who really knows?

edit on 9-3-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

It depends on where the explosion took place. If it was in the fuselage, one or both wings could have separated largely intact, or where the fuel could come out without burning.

When TWA 800 exploded it left a massive fuel footprint on the water.

It could also be hydraulic fluid.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Eagleyedobserver

Anything for youtube hits I guess is dahboo77 modo. He has no clue how that flight tracking website works.
Every plane on that map has labels, he only just needed to click a button to find out what flight was so "Suspect"

Dude do not listen to that guy he spreads so much dis-info its not funny.
edit on 9/3/2014 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Is it stupid to think that this plane may have been part of some kind of UFO attack with multiple UFO's/USO's involved?

I'll give it a shot.

No = 99.9999, Yes = .0001

Also that radar data playback is not at real time speed.
edit on 3/9/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

leolady
flight may have turned back
5 passengers did not board
2 stolen passports
2 or 4 suspect names

FBI has joined investigation

huh

Is there a way to find out if someone checked in their luggage but didn't board the plane?

Maybe it's time to look at the cctv recordings?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

amraks
reply to post by Zaphod58

These oil slicks make it sound like there was no explosion at the fuel tanks, wouldn't that fuel be burned if there was explosion.
My only guess is explosion at the front of the plane breaking it apart from where the fuel is stored instantly.

I am just a arm chair like most of us here are.

but any thoughts on why their would be oil slicks?

It is possible the plane came apart without an explosion. The plane was only 1/3 of the way to its destination, so 2/3 of the fuel was left in the tanks, and that's a lot of fuel to spread over the surface of the ocean.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitman47

Looks more like an escape hatch

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

lol, I don't watch all of his videos and if I do it's mostly to watch the video not just to listen to him.

However, someone needs to explain why these people described the object as "strange" on CNN.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
More likely chinese terrorists connected to last weeks train station
attack.
Maybe they tried to hijack the plane and intended to crash it in Beijing.
Maybe the crewe turned around and the hijackers realised and then there
was a scuffle and the plain went down. Also maybe they dumped the fuel so that
the plane couldnt get to Beijing or anywhere on land so as to minimise casualties.
Better 239 dead than thousands.
Who knows.
The fact they have found fuel suggests no explosion thus its either hijacking
gone wrong or a plane break up scenario.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Eagleyedobserver
reply to post by amraks

lol, I don't watch all of his videos and if I do it's mostly to watch the video not just to listen to him.

However, someone needs to explain why these people described the object as "strange" on CNN.

Thats easy.

plane parts don't belong in the water.. so it would seem strange.
edit on 9/3/2014 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

okay it's not stupid to think, is this what you're trying to say ?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

Sure. If it got into a condition it wasn't stressed for it would come apart with little or no fire. American 587 in New York is an example of that. It was coming apart before it hit the ground, but there was almost no fire until impact.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

Roughly equates to a 60 degree turn to port . Not a big deviation and as listed on previous posts the flight was used to making a 40 degree turn. NNE to NNW

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wonder if there was a failure...and the turn was the pilot correcting?

Clearing Turns There are certain aspects of training stalls that are the same for all of them. Every stall should (must) be preceded by 90 degree clearing turns left and right. (The clearing turns should be as precise as to amount of turn, angle of bank, altitude, and heading as though they were part of the stall process.) The well performed practice stall will result in an initial loss of 100'. The actual stall may be called as incipient, partial, full, or aggravated. The longer a stall is aggravated or held, the more airspeed decreases. This means either more power or altitude will be required during recovery. The recovery is always with full power, no flaps, in a climb, and at best rate of climb speed (65 kts). An old FAA recommendation was that 300' be gained during recovery but the time required is not practical in many cases. Trim for any climb.

Would that account for the degrees from 24 to 333? Or Something hit it causing it to turn?

Link:
[url=http://www.pilotfriend.com/training/flight_training/fxd_wing/stalls.htm]http://www.pilotfriend.com/training/flight_training/fxd_wing/stalls.htm[/ url]

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join