It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Could the plane have landed somewhere under the radar? Passengers be held as hostages?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Elathan

Could the plane have landed somewhere under the radar? Passengers be held as hostages?

A small plane, maybe, a triple seven, no.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

JRCrowley

Kurius
Of course there have been previous cases too where Mossad agents used stolen passports to execute crimes.

Wow, so far in this thread we've had Muslim terrorists listed as possible causes and also Mossad agents. All that's missing now is a reference to possible crazed Christians being guilty and we'll have the terrorist trifecta.

It's a bit early to assert that this was a terrorist operation.

And you are saying it's not too early for CNN to suggest these two were trying to immigrate to China?? Lol

As for Mossad, let's face it, Malaysia is no darling of Israel. Mossad had previously been caught using passports of US, Australia, France (I think), among others, and these nations rightfully complained to Israel. These new fake passports were Austrian and Italian, I believe.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
anyone still have the news feeds of
the 3 ghost passangers who
chechedin but never boarded ?

silly question

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ivar_Karlsen

Elathan

Why not? It disappeared from radar and they lost voice contact with the pilots...after another airline pilot hear mumbling. Who's to say that it wasn't hi-jacked and flown under the radar somewhere? Just putting forth a scenario...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

I've wondered about them too but didn't want to speculate. Their luggage was removed. Did they take their luggage and leave? Whey did they check in but never board? Were they interviewed and deemed nothing out of the ordinary? Why isn't there more info?

So as of now 2 boarded with fake passports and an additional 5 checked in but did not board. Is this normal?Department of Civil Aviation director-general Azaruddin Abdul Rahman said on Sunday there were only two such passengers, not four as earlier reported by the media.

"We have CCTV recordings of them from check-in until boarding and departure," he said at a press conference on Sunday.

The recordings have been handed over to investigators.

Earlier, two men - an Italian and an Austrian - had confirmed that they were not on the flight despite their names appearing on the manifest. Their passports were reported stolen in Thailand up to two years ago.

Mr Azaruddin also confirmed that five passengers did not board the MH370 flight, and their baggage were removed from the cargo. He did not say why they did not board the plane.

www.straitstimes.com...

I do know china has been dealing with some internal issues for awhile now. Their last move of arresting Tohti brought lots of criticism

edit on 9-3-2014 by Cosmocow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Elathan

My guess is there are GPS tracking devices throughout the plane that cannot be disabled. If that is the case, the answer to your question would be "no".

Again, this is just an assumption on my part, but living in the proximity that I do to the Boeing plant, and knowing several engineers there, I think it's a safe one.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

BurningSpearess
The reports I've seen indicate that they were en route from Bejiing to Amsterdam - to transfer flights in China?

Thanks. This makes it ever more suspicious. There are plenty of direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam...Why did they choose to fly through China when they certainly knew they might have to go through an extra checkpoint?

BTW, has the Malaysian authority publicly posted their faces caught on the airport security cameras? I don't see why they should delay if they haven't. If these two were innocent (and they are obviously not), it might help their loved ones who might be trying to locate them.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

i know ,

it´s been bugging me all day

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Kurius

JRCrowley

Kurius
Of course there have been previous cases too where Mossad agents used stolen passports to execute crimes.

Wow, so far in this thread we've had Muslim terrorists listed as possible causes and also Mossad agents. All that's missing now is a reference to possible crazed Christians being guilty and we'll have the terrorist trifecta.

It's a bit early to assert that this was a terrorist operation.

And you are saying it's not too early for CNN to suggest these two were trying to immigrate to China?? Lol

As for Mossad, let's face it, Malaysia is no darling of Israel. Mossad had previously been caught using passports of US, Australia, France (I think), among others, and these nations rightfully complained to Israel. These new fake passports were Austrian and Italian, I believe.

CNN can say whatever they want. They've been doing that since they started. I know because I remember watching that crappy station from day 1. You may not have even been born when CNN started.

All I'm saying is it's still too early to claim that the plane was taken down by terrorists, and it's funny because in the same thread you get some people claiming it was Muslims and others who claim it was Jews.

Kind of ironic, wouldn't you say?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

But you can jam GPS...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

My gut says they're all connected. The release of this to the public would hamper the investigation.

Either way, by a nefarious act or mechanical error, both are scary

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think it was a missile. Whose I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
And why isn't the transponder working?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

JRCrowley

CNN can say whatever they want. They've been doing that since they started. I know because I remember watching that crappy station from day 1. You may not have even been born when CNN started.

JR, being an old fart I remember well when they started. Crappy, slanted, and generally censored to their specifications.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Ivar_Karlsen

Elathan

I was under the impression that once the transponder is turned off, the plane cannot be tracked. Well anyway, that was the explanation for 911. Guess that's changed.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

rockflier
JR, being an old fart I remember well when they started. Crappy, slanted, and generally censored to their specifications.

LOL You and are are the old-timers here for sure

My favorite CNN "moment" was when they faked those Iraq war scenes. Pathetic.

Like I said, CNN can say whatever they want, and they will say whatever they want, and one definitely doesn't want to use them as any kind of benchmarking for their own opinions or ideas. That would be a mistake of epic proportions.
edit on 9-3-2014 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

It can't be tracked by secondary radar. Primary radar relies on skin returns. Secondary sees the transponder signal.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Bilk22

It can't be tracked by secondary radar. Primary radar relies on skin returns. Secondary sees the transponder signal.
Can you explain that a bit?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

The transponder works as long as the aircraft has power. When it lost power the transponder stopped transmitting.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join