It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 361
<< 358  359  360    362  363  364 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Talliostro
yeah the missing debris field is bugging me too. That's highly unusual with the given circumstances

I'm more in the "That plane landed somewhere" crowd. Funny enough, I read a small article in my local newspaper 3 weeks ago which stated, that the flight simulator in the pilots house was used to train landing on different airports in the region. It even mentioned Diego Garcia (which I never heard of before this article...) as one of the programmed landing sites in the simulator explicitly, but this "news" was never mentioned again somewhere else.

The absence of further news for the simulator convinced me that there was more behind the story than what was told officially.

You're so easily convinced by the flimsiest of evidence and any rumour will do?

So you never considered the possibility that whilst Malaysian authorities are busy directing your attention to a pilot's hobby past-time of flying a simulator at home of the job he loves that they might not be using that as a smokescreen to hide the real conspiracy, to conceal bad maintenance on their fleet?

So I take it you have not bothered to follow the news that vital records for the maintenance of Malaysian Airlines were destroyed in a deliberate arson at their avionics hanger on 26 March and that their head of maintenance Azhari Dahlan has quietly skipped out the back door whilst his employers point the finger at pilots?

Azhari skips out the back door

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

auroraaus

auswally
I live in Western Australia and when they first showed the spot where these new pings are coming from I thought to myself surely this would be in the path of the shipping lanes that service the west coast of OZ , it's amazing that a ship hasn't spotted anything because it is indeed close to the shipping lanes, now remember this new area is thousands of Kms north where they first looked in the Indian Ocean, it is virtually due west of exmouth a good 1100kms from north of Perth just so others can understand how far this search has shifted
edit on 7-4-2014 by auswally because: (no reason given)

It's amazing given how "committed" to "stopping the boats" the Federal Government is that we didn't pick up on our radar and search vessels a plane entering the area or even crashing.

I think it was like a week after the plane went missing the government were like "100 days since last asylum seeker boat! Our surveillance is working!"

Don't assume that the OTHR radar system did not detect the intrusion but that they are simply not prepared to admit the fact. They were not led to this location merely by ambiguous interpretations of satellite pings.

If it were widely known the area there is covered by radar people smugglers would seek to sail larger vessels deeper to the south to avoid surveillance

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
reply to post by sy.gunson

Well I don't know of you were meant to sound that way but your reply come across quite rude. I agree that I'm not up to scratch with the aviation world this doesn't mean I can't provide my input on the story. Have you ever considered not everyone on this forum have the same knowledge as others. Jees gimmie a break.

I was only assuming from what I've read and heard that what I said about the plane landing on water and sinking intact was just an idea. I'm sorry if I can't keep up on this thread 24/7 and have the time to study all 300+ pages of this thread. But I believed (again I'm probably wrong which I'm sure I'll be corrected in minute) that the pilot was able to control the aircraft and land safely on the water, just like the pilot did on the Hudson. I believed (there that word again) if the pilot and crew were unconscious or dead that even if a plane on auto pilot wouldn't be able to land on water without it breaking apart. Where as if a pilot was controlling the plane he could make them last few second judgement calls which would prevent the plane landing and breaking up.

As for the debris field. Yeah ok so tropical storms would have washed a lot of it away but I'd still expect, with the amount of boats in the area at least something related to a plane would be found. Or even parts washing up on the Australia coast maybe?

Then again as you stated .. What do I know ? Perhaps I should just go along with the cloaking plane abducted by aliens and then landed at Diego Garcia and all 200+ passengers vanished off the face of the earth type of ideas that have been mentioned. At least my belief had some kind of credibility. I'll shut up now then yeh? Sorry for having a guess

I apologise for causing offense, however it also comes across offensive to suggest you don't know the alternative explanations and therefore the only one which you can think of must be the only answer.

Everybody is free to offer an opinion and fight for their corner, but you can't just wade into a debate without thinking it through and having a strong justification for your beliefs before making a sweeping comment.

When Swissair flight 111 slammed into the sea caused by a cockpit fire in 1998 it dived at an estimated speed of 154 m/s, or 299 knots and with a force of 350g, causing the aircraft to disintegrate into a million pieces, but hardly any were found floating on the surface because it penetrated so deeply before breaking apart.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

sy.gunson

Mikeultra

Zaphod58
reply to post by Mikeultra

What, they don't need to ship in food, fuel, vehicles? I guess the only reason they need a ship to go there is to hide plane wreckage.

At what point does something STOP being a conspiracy to you?

When I see physical evidence of wreckage and bodies being pulled from the ocean (video), and then I still might think it's a conspiracy. Why is the Ocean Shield searching 330 miles north east of where the pinger signal was heard 2 days ago? The Ocean Shield is now only 650 miles west of the Naval Communications Station! Still not a single piece of floating wreckage has been found in the ocean or on a beach anywhere. Not a single body!

You're so busy chasing conspiracies in your head, you're missing the obvious.

This storm struck on 23 March where the debris field would have been located, sinking or scattering any worthwhile debris.

There is a disease of the Mind called obsessive compulsive disorder in which people add layers of complexity to a problem the opposite of which is Occam's Razor which requires stripping away the layers of superfluous unnecessary information or considerations. Don't go looking for complex objections when a simple explanation provides your answer.

edit on 7-4-2014 by sy.gunson because: correcting typo spelling error

Wouldn't floatations devices AKA life jackets and seat cushions STILL be floating , even if dispersed...?

Bodies sink or get eaten (I have HUGE sympathy here) however there surely would be 'one' piece of evidence of the exIstence of flight MH 370..?

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

The apology isn't needed but accepted. And my apologies to you too if I've came across rude or offensive. I get a little annoyed sometimes as I'm pretty sure a lot of people like myself who don't have a full idea of what's going. But that's why I come hear on a daily basis. I sit and read of discussion and what people have to say and start learning of how things work. I've problem gained more knowledge here than I probably did in school. I do actually appreciate getting told of where I've go wrong so I'm happy to accept what you have to say

You get a star for the reply

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

They gradually deflate over time, if they were inflated in the first place.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I go to bed last night and CNN has BREAKING NEWS that two distinct sets of "Pings" have been heard. It's now 17 hours later and CNN has BREAKING NEWS that two distinct sets of "Pings" have been heard.

Since this plane was lost, CNN has taken hundreds of hours to explain that no one knows where the flight 370 is at the moment. How does this TV Network earn any money?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

They gradually deflate over time, if they were inflated in the first place.

What about seat cushions? What happens to them? Foam insulation and seat cushions should remain floating. Tons of plastic too.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

carewemust
I go to bed last night and CNN has BREAKING NEWS that two distinct sets of "Pings" have been heard. It's now 17 hours later and CNN has BREAKING NEWS that two distinct sets of "Pings" have been heard.

Since this plane was lost, CNN has taken hundreds of hours to explain that no one knows where the flight 370 is at the moment. How does this TV Network earn any money?

Rothschild has very deep pockets. CNN doesn't have to earn any money. Their task is to spew propaganda 24/7! Over and over again.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Seat cushions become waterlogged and sink. Plastic and light debris can be pushed under by storm surge and held there by currents.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

sy.gunson

Talliostro
yeah the missing debris field is bugging me too. That's highly unusual with the given circumstances

I'm more in the "That plane landed somewhere" crowd. Funny enough, I read a small article in my local newspaper 3 weeks ago which stated, that the flight simulator in the pilots house was used to train landing on different airports in the region. It even mentioned Diego Garcia (which I never heard of before this article...) as one of the programmed landing sites in the simulator explicitly, but this "news" was never mentioned again somewhere else.

The absence of further news for the simulator convinced me that there was more behind the story than what was told officially.

So you never considered the possibility that whilst Malaysian authorities are busy directing your attention to a pilot's hobby past-time of flying a simulator at home of the job he loves that they might not be using that as a smokescreen to hide the real conspiracy, to conceal bad maintenance on their fleet?

So I take it you have not bothered to follow the news that vital records for the maintenance of Malaysian Airlines were destroyed in a deliberate arson at their avionics hanger on 26 March and that their head of maintenance Azhari Dahlan has quietly skipped out the back door whilst his employers point the finger at pilots?

Thanks for the link. So Malaysian Airlines had maintenance personnel sabotaging aircraft back in 2003? That's very interesting. Could this MH370 incident be related to management trying to get concessions from the unions? I can't find the actual article about the 2003 incident with the workers tampering with the electronics and wiring. I hope they were sentenced severely!
edit on 7-4-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

Extra Edit: I thought the thread had 399 pages a little while ago? Am I hallucinating?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

PurpleDog UK

sy.gunson

Mikeultra

Zaphod58

What, they don't need to ship in food, fuel, vehicles? I guess the only reason they need a ship to go there is to hide plane wreckage.

At what point does something STOP being a conspiracy to you?

When I see physical evidence of wreckage and bodies being pulled from the ocean (video), and then I still might think it's a conspiracy. Why is the Ocean Shield searching 330 miles north east of where the pinger signal was heard 2 days ago? The Ocean Shield is now only 650 miles west of the Naval Communications Station! Still not a single piece of floating wreckage has been found in the ocean or on a beach anywhere. Not a single body!

You're so busy chasing conspiracies in your head, you're missing the obvious.

This storm struck on 23 March where the debris field would have been located, sinking or scattering any worthwhile debris.

There is a disease of the Mind called obsessive compulsive disorder in which people add layers of complexity to a problem the opposite of which is Occam's Razor which requires stripping away the layers of superfluous unnecessary information or considerations. Don't go looking for complex objections when a simple explanation provides your answer.

edit on 7-4-2014 by sy.gunson because: correcting typo spelling error

Wouldn't floatations devices AKA life jackets and seat cushions STILL be floating , even if dispersed...?

Bodies sink or get eaten (I have HUGE sympathy here) however there surely would be 'one' piece of evidence of the exIstence of flight MH 370..?

Regards

PDUK

The nearest example of an aircraft virtually nosediving into the sea is Swissair Flight111 and in that instance it appears even floatation devices were shredded. Very little survived from Swissair Flight 111.

AF447 was different because it substantially broke apart in the air coming down so there was not the same shredding action. Many pieces from Af447 fluttered down from great height.

When an aircraft breaks up human bodies become shredded too. You only have to examine what happens in crashes on land. It is like being inside a hailstorm of shrapnel and shards of torn metal. The degree off shredding relates to the angle and speed of impact.

That is what I tried to say. The nature of the debris is determined by the speed of entry to the water. The slower the entry the larger and more recognisable the debris.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I am so getting over this whole thing. I think something fishy is up (no pun intended) and I believe the black boxes have been dropped there. Where are the debris? For the poster whom said seat cushions would soak up water and sink and also that the plastic would be held down by currents - that's a joke.
There would be observable items in the water for years to come IF it had crashed there and it had not all been recovered.

Maybe that's what they (whoever created this saga) want, is for us to get bored with this story. Has the flight cargo list been supplied yet or are the authorities still holding back on that due to the suspicious items they were carrying?

I seem to be waking up to a new story on hat happened every day- and it's getting old...

Thoughts, anyone?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You might need to use google translate for this link:

Azhari an underqualified Political appointment

However the headline reads:

MOT to Investigate into En Azhari Dahlan & DCA officers!

It appears he was appointed by malaysia's Transport minister without appropriate qualifications or international approvals to head Malasian Airlines maintenance.

There is also a scandal developing about the political appointment of Rozman Bin Omar, the Group Chief Financial Officer of AirAsia since November 6, 2013.

edit on 7-4-2014 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
After listening to these talking heads on TV explain that the cyclone that moved through the latest search area on 03/23/2014 must be the reason why there's no floating debris. That is why they suddenly went there from the far south search area, a random jump of about 800 miles. They wanted to use the storm as an excuse for no debris while the last days of the pingers life tick away. These people are devious! I still predict nothing will be found.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Really? Where's the AF447 debris still floating? Seat cushions are cloth, which means they absorb water. Cloth sinks after it's been in water for awhile. You have no clue what you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Mikeultra

sy.gunson

Talliostro

Thanks for the link. So Malaysian Airlines had maintenance personnel sabotaging aircraft back in 2003? That's very interesting. Could this MH370 incident be related to management trying to get concessions from the unions? I can't find the actual article about the 2003 incident with the workers tampering with the electronics and wiring. I hope they were sentenced severely!

Extra Edit: I thought the thread had 399 pages a little while ago? Am I hallucinating?

As you will have read from the first link which I provided, those three disaffected employees were quickly identified and arrested.

Their sabotage was so obvious the aircraft never made it past the start-up checklist because the sabotage was so obvious.

In this case commentators are suggesting there is a trio of three very powerful political appointments in Malaysia Airlines who have screwed up and owe their positions to one Political benefactor.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Sy: That's not what obsessive compulsive disorder is. You'd be looking at generalised anxiety disorder.

Zaphod: What about 3-4 tonnes of mangosteens? They'd be floating right?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

They could very easily have been trapped in the wreckage. Not only are they in the fuselage, they are packed in boxes that are then put into metal cargo containers. So that's three layers to get through just to get to the ocean.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

auroraaus
Sy: That's not what obsessive compulsive disorder is. You'd be looking at generalised anxiety disorder.

Like what I've got ha-ha?

Zaphod: What about 3-4 tonnes of mangosteens? They'd be floating right?

More like eaten by the Chinese crew ... I understand they're supposed to be delicious... Just joking

new topics

top topics

<< 358  359  360    362  363  364 >>

join