It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 363
<< 360  361  362    364  365  366 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

auroraaus
Sy: That's not what obsessive compulsive disorder is. You'd be looking at generalised anxiety disorder.

Zaphod: What about 3-4 tonnes of mangosteens? They'd be floating right?

Our Aussie friend, you are a breath of fresh air sometimes when tempers are flaring.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
For the guy who told his wife he was going to China for business on Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 and now can't leave his Girlfriends apartment.. a moment of silence.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You know what, screw it, you guys obviously know tons more than me so there's no more reason for me to contribute.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Selection of foams for seats is based on requirements such as wear, comfort, flotation, flammability, and others. To meet these requirements, many different foams of various densities are used. The foam in the cushions is either molded to the final shape or cut from existing foam stock and bonded together with adhesives. Open cell urethane foams are most commonly used with densities as low as 1.98/ft3.

If the cushion is to serve as a flotation device in emergency situations, the foam must be closed cell; polyethylene foams are often used for this. Neoprene, silicone, and modified urethane foams can be used for cushions to meet FAR 25.853(c) without a fire-blocking textile. They may also be used as fire blockers over conventional foams. The densities of these foams have a range of 3 to 4 lb/ft3

SOURCE

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I think everybody should keep an open mind about this whole event, however far fetched or if it rattles there comfort zone.

No one is truly and completely wrong or right, and I dont think anyone will ever know without a shadow of a doubt what happened for real.

It will remain another one of lifes little mysteries and we will just have to fill in the gaps our selves with the appropriate finish and outcome that fits your own confort zone.
edit on 7-4-2014 by UKGuy1805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
BREAKING UPDATE:

Autonomous Underwater Vehicle "Blue Fin 21" has now been deployed. Bear in mind the extent of depth it can go is 4500metres, some areas of the floor go beyond 5000metres.

Blue Fin will do initial sweep to see any anomalies, and if so, it will be equipped with camera to take pictures.

Robo sub joins search

Edit to add another article:

Hope for news within "hours"
edit on 7-4-2014 by auroraaus because: add content

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
In other news, Inmarsat have explained what the partial handshake was:

Inmarsat now know what the final partial ping was

British satellite company Inmarsat has ‘finally understood’ the partial ping it received from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 which has been missing since March 8.

Chris McLaughlin, senior vice-president for external affairs, said the final ping or handshake was only partially transmitted because the aircraft had ran out of fuel, reported The Daily Telegraph.

"The partial handshake would be the plane running out of fuel and faltering for a moment, so the system went off network and then briefly powered up and had communication with the network,” he was quoted as saying.

"The plane looked for a final communication before it went off - and that was it,"

Edit to add:

Another article about this and speculation that the plane would turned upside down, plunge inverted and wings break off

Sat data suggests MH30 plunged inverted
edit on 7-4-2014 by auroraaus because: add content

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by UKGuy1805

One interesting fact, Australia is surrounded by Sharks. Sharks are usually Tagged and are followed as they swim all Global Oceans 24/7 365 days per year. A Shark can detect Blood from about 10 miles away, so if this plane did crash into the Indian Ocean just west of Perth, then those who follow the Tags would have seen a large shoal of Sharks heading for one particular Zone.... Makes one wonder..

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Is it possible that all of the passengers were killed and then thrown into the ocean as the plane flew around that area for a number of hours after disappearing from radar and then the plane flown to a destination to be used later? I would think if this happened that a body or bodies would have surely been seen or would have washed up on shore. Is this correct or could bodies never be seen again - especially considering the number of passengers that were on board?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Diamond9876

I think to my understanding that bodies eventually sink. I do understand that sometimes they rise up due to gases building up inside but then sink again. Plus I'm sure the fish and other sea creatures have had their way with the remains for awhile now :/ shh kinda bad way to go out. My respects to the lives that were lost but still that's what I don't think people get about the bodies if they do find them it's not going to be a pretty sight.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

steaming

so if this plane did crash into the Indian Ocean just west of Perth, then those who follow the Tags would have seen a large shoal of Sharks heading for one particular Zone.... Makes one wonder..

Especially since more than 300 sharks in Western Australia are now tweeting where they are - in a way

www.npr.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Diamond9876
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Is it possible that all of the passengers were killed and then thrown into the ocean as the plane flew around that area for a number of hours after disappearing from radar and then the plane flown to a destination to be used later? I would think if this happened that a body or bodies would have surely been seen or would have washed up on shore. Is this correct or could bodies never be seen again - especially considering the number of passengers that were on board?

I think the doors on aircraft open outwards, and it would be hard to close the door after tossing the passengers. Read about WWII and the crews that were lost at sea. If they had located the MH370 point of impact right away, some bodies may have been recovered. It's too late for that now. My opinion on this is that it is just a major distraction from something else that's coming soon. Maybe a financial crash around 04/15/2014.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

steaming

One interesting fact, Australia is surrounded by Sharks. Sharks are usually Tagged and are followed as they swim all Global Oceans 24/7 365 days per year. A Shark can detect Blood from about 10 miles away, so if this plane did crash into the Indian Ocean just west of Perth, then those who follow the Tags would have seen a large shoal of Sharks heading for one particular Zone.... Makes one wonder..

That's actually one of the better posts and ideas in this thread. I've found this link in a short amount of time, there are probably others out there (or on this website) that has this data. 200+ people is a lot of food for the sharks and other marine life

www.wildlifetracking.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The real scandal of the MH370 disaster is a crooked financial deal in 2011 which heavily involves Malaysia's current Prime Minister as the Chairman of Khazanah Nasional Finance which arranged for taxpayer money to fund an exploitative share swap deal between Air Asia and Malaysian Airlines to allow Air Asia to take over more than a hundred routes controlled by Malaysian Airlines and acquire the 20% of the Government owned airline.

Though the corrupt share swap was reversed by the Malaysian Commerce Commission in 2012 Air Asia kept the routes it acquired and several dubious political appointments made to the management of Malaysian Airlines remained in place.

Of particular relevance to the loss of MH370 a check inspector for Malaysian Airlines at Shanghai Azhari Mohd Dahlan was laid off and found a position with Air Asia.

Through the share swap deal of 2011 Azhari found himself suddenly catapulted into a position as Maintenance CEO for Malaysian Airlines, whilst highly qualified MAS maintenance managers were demoted.

Azhari then appointed a 24 year old engineering undergraduate Aminuddin Zakaria as deputy CEO of Maintenance Engineering. Azhari's own appointment was severely questioned for his lack of suitable qualifications to the role. His deputy was straight out of college and responsible for maintenance of the aircraft lost in the Indian Ocean.

Since their appointments at MAS the airline has suffered a succession of serious inflight incidents particularly problems with poor avionics maintenance.

Following the loss of MH370 there was a deliberate arson attack on 26 March inside the Avionics Maintenance base destroying documents vital to understanding the loss of MH370.

It has all the appearance that inept politically appointed maintenance managers may have destroyed records to prevent investigations of the cause of MH370's loss.

When employees of the airline leaked news of the arson attack to the outside world the junior Deputy CEO Aminuddin Zakaria issued a threat in writing to all airline staff on 31 March threatening instant dismissal and strong legal repercussions for any staff criticising the airline's management online.

This is the real conspiracy behind the loss of MH370. It is huge and criminal and the trail leads all the way to the doorstep of Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Tun Abdul Razak who is also the country's Finance Minister.

It is about the cover up of a politically appointed corrupt deal by business figures associated with the Prime Minister using public taxpayer funds to asset strip and dismantle a Government owned airline for the benefit of a few private individuals.

It seems they are prepared to lie to the world and smear anybody to cover up the cause of 239 deaths in the Indian Ocean and the Government itself seems complicit in covering up the airline's maintenance problems.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Zaphod58
reply to post by Tallone

Investigators never release all information until the final report. They are not obligated to release anything, let alone every tiny detail.

That is not what I am saying. Two things here. First up. If by 'investigators' you are meaning 'air crash investigators', they come in after the fact. At this point all they can do is offer their expert opinions to talking heads in news shows. These are usually if not ever the investigators who will be writing "final reports" though.

Second. I am talking about government and associated military of other nations getting involved in the search. They act on the facts as they have them, and yes it is not necessarily the facts the media are offered either.

What we have seen are searches going on in several different areas in different oceans! Most relevant to what I am saying though are the different radii. The distance able to be traveled by MH 370 given the duration the engines are KNOWN to have been running for. That part is quite simple.

When you get posters telling other people they are expert pilots and engineers, we have to take it on the basis of the post content. But when these call-themselves-experts let their facts get in the way of logic and rationality than they deservedly should be called out.

It is not logical governments would determine to spend taxpayers money, to place their expensive resources (human and technological) searching areas they know already the plane could not be located in given they have access to the minimum information from the engines that is KNOWN to Rolls Royce and Boeing. It would only be logical if they had been given the wrong information in the beginning. But Rolls Royce and Boeing wouldn't make a mistake like that. It wouldn't be rational.

See what I am getting out here? Anyone can do this. They just have to think logically and rationally about what has already happened. Now you might want to go back and read my post above again.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

weavty1
Modern commercial passenger jets are made up of HUNDREDS of components that are designed to stay afloat after such an incident. Not for hours, but almost indefinitely.

Exactly!!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Mikeultra

I think the doors on aircraft open outwards, and it would be hard to close the door after tossing the passengers.

Myth Busting - Opening door midair

and here -

WiseGeek - Can you open an Airplane door midair?

I think even the Incredible Hulk would find it difficult to open the door during flight.

edit on 8-4-2014 by auroraaus because: silly formatting thingo

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

sy.gunson

....Since their appointments at MAS the airline has suffered a succession of serious inflight incidents particularly problems with poor avionics maintenance.

Following the loss of MH370 there was a deliberate arson attack on 26 March inside the Avionics Maintenance base destroying documents vital to understanding the loss of MH370.

It has all the appearance that inept politically appointed maintenance managers may have destroyed records to prevent investigations of the cause of MH370's loss.

When employees of the airline leaked news of the arson attack to the outside world the junior Deputy CEO Aminuddin Zakaria issued a threat in writing to all airline staff on 31 March threatening instant dismissal and strong legal repercussions for any staff criticising the airline's management online....

Respectfully snipped by me. This is very interesting, good find dude.

I found a website that has pics and an article on it:

Azhari: Explain Mysterious Fire at MAS avionic shop

that's basically all I can find at the moment about it.
edit on 8-4-2014 by auroraaus because: really having a bad time with formatting

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
And it appears the sub has NOT been deployed yet.

Our Acting Prime Minister, Warren Truss made a bit of a doozy. Tut tut!
Aussie acting PM trips up on search info

Houston's comments contradicted an earlier statement from Australia's acting prime minister, Warren Truss, who said search crews would launch the Bluefin 21 autonomous sub today. A spokesman for Truss said the conflicting information was a misunderstanding, and Truss acknowledged the sub was not being used immediately.

Nice one Wazza!

top topics

<< 360  361  362    364  365  366 >>

join