It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange & Unexplained Symbols on My Granddaughter's Calves.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If if hasn't been mentioned already, the markings look vaguely like Sumerian cuneiform; Annunaki anyone?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Okay I admit to having skipped the last few pages---dear me, people---do you actually read the post before beginning to type? No, it is clear that many, many of you don't and I find that truly sad on this site.
Even sadder is the need to call the OP a liar or hoaxer, even to the point of making up things that she never said. Disgusting.

Starfire, I have no explanation to offer you, just my hope that you solve this mystery for the peace of mind of yourself and your family. I admire your ability to respond to nonsense and derision in such charitable fashion.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Sorry but you are wrong about that.
Talk to a tattoo artist.
There is an ink used, that can only be seen in black light and is a permanant ink.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

Char-Lee

Stormdancer777
reply to post by bastion

not a bad guess.

Really? All the 'dog scratches" are the same exact length and shape with a top line??? How would that happen?

I have no idea what they are, lol

reply to post by bastion

not a bad guess.

I just assumed since you said it was a good guess that you agreed that it could be, I just can't imagine how that would be possible dogs nails can't scratch in perfect lines.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by nightstalker78

honestly,I think it's some kind of stamp.

Very likely, but the question is who stamped her IF she truly does not know it was done, this seems to have been redone over time many times.

And that's a a BIG IF. She knows how it was done. Grandma here probably doesn't.She thinks her grandaughter is little miss innocent,given her replies to this thread. Not to mention she's got an answer for everything. She's convinced it's something paranormal.Clearly it's not. I think the one poster had it right. It's a Monster stamp,after sweat,bathing,etc. Come on,even going into chuck e cheese they stamp your hand,then look at it when you leave to be sure you're taking along the right children. It's really not that difficult to figure out it's a damn stamp.Not some alien/ghost thing going on.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

diggindirt
Okay I admit to having skipped the last few pages---dear me, people---do you actually read the post before beginning to type? No, it is clear that many, many of you don't and I find that truly sad on this site.
Even sadder is the need to call the OP a liar or hoaxer, even to the point of making up things that she never said. Disgusting.

Starfire, I have no explanation to offer you, just my hope that you solve this mystery for the peace of mind of yourself and your family. I admire your ability to respond to nonsense and derision in such charitable fashion.

Its clear to me that the post has been edited, there for who knows what she has said. I know there is a 3 hour window to edit posts, but what if these people posted in the 3 hour window and she changed the OP in the 3 hour window.

I find it disgusting people are fueling the OP to the outcome she wants it to be. with out trying to debunk these marks in their own experiments.

I haven't got shaved legs so someone is going to have to mix up some paint and water it down and paint a line on with a small brush and stand up and let it drip to see a pattern like the OP.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
You might suggest to her that she pay attention throughout the day what her leg comes into contact with. Not just at home, but at school, ,vehicles she rides in, the bleachers, her friends houses, the movie theater, or anywhere else she visits. Maybe this mark was applied to something else and she is getting it transferred to her by contact. You might even try this: apply a bandage over the area for a day or more. Then check the bandage with the blacklight to see if it has picked up anything.
Good luck on your search! I hope you find the answer.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

nightstalker78

. . . She knows how it was done.

OH RLY?

And you !!!! KNOW !!!! THIS SOOOOOOOOO EMPHATICALLY how?

I think your "reading" [i.e. grossly biased ASSUMPTIONS based on YOUR values and beliefs vs the evidence] of the daughter's character and personality are GREATLY FLAWED.

I've seen NOTHING from the OP to support your contentions on that score. And a lot to indicate quite differently.

She thinks her grandaughter is little miss innocent,given her replies to this thread.

Perhaps we are reading a different thread. That comment seems to have nothing whatsoever to do with this thread's OP and OP's comments. I read the grandmother as quite astute, reality based, sharp, perceptive and candid about the granddaughter. . . . quite in CONTRAST to sooo many posters on this thread.

Sigh.

Not to mention she's got an answer for everything.

FALSE
WRONG
TILT
AGAIN.

IF grandma had an answer for everything, she'd not have subjected herself to this crossfire/machine gun alley.

CERTAINLY she's a bright granny and HAD THOUGHT ABOUT A LOT of possibilities and DISCUSSED with ALL HER EXTENDED LOCAL FAMILY ALL the possibilities they could come up with--which ruled out a lot of the silly blathered conjectures in so many posts on this thread--before granny ever posted on ATS.

I'd have been more suspect if she had not been so perceptive and thorough in her assessments and postulations beforehand. I was impressed with her having thought so many things through ahead of the ATS gauntlet.

But nooooooooooooooooooo can't allow dear old granny the least microgram of the benefit of the doubt!

Shred her alive! Add insult to injury and then pour salt in the wounds just because it's such a !!!! TRADITION !!!! around here. Sheesh.

She's convinced it's something paranormal.

OH RLY?

Evidently we're reading a different thread again.

She sounds like she--AFTER--a rather exhaustive discussion bunch of times with extended family members has realized that the paranormal seems to be the simplest remaining explanation. However, I haven't read anything that tells me that granny is THOROUGHLY CONVINCED of much of anything except that the daughter didn't do it herself and wasn't aware of it being done to her--which--by definition--is actually rather paranormal. Sheesh.

Clearly it's not.

OH RLY?

I guess . . . for those who's minds were made up before they came to the thread and who seemingly have an incapacity to allow that other realities might exist outside their own biases.

Or perhaps we have an extremely different definition of "clearly." Sigh.

We taught critical thinking skills at our colleges around here when I was teaching . . . I gather that's not so true in the areas where so many posters on this thread live.

The tradition, as usual, seems to be SHOOT AND SPRAY BIASES first . . . middle and last. Perhaps it helps the men to feel . . . uhhhh . . . longer in the masculine dept and the women to feel bigger breasted? Particularly if some good hearted, good faith posters seeking help get shredded in the process. Carve another notch on the keyboard cowboy's belt and stomp on down the keyboard road.

Probably the first dozen or so posters on the thread did not distinguish themselves as having even read more than a phrase or 3 of the OP. And the nonsense has continued accordingly.

Maybe it's a reading comprehension problem.

I just know that the characters and personalities of the granny and granddaughter so many of y'all are writing about

appear to me

to have relatively NOTHING TO DO with the granny and granddaughter described in the OP of this thread.

And that's exceedingly sad, to me.

edit on 3/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: typo

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I tend to agree. The OP really hasn't bothered exercising all mundane possibilities, and the first post was introduced with metaphysical babble emphasized. An already implanted belief the kid is somehow magical. I'd be exhausting far more mundane options than have been. There really is nothing mysterious in the marks. I'm still leaning towards some sort of ultraviolet ink stamp, the calf swelling an allergic reaction. And no matter how good or different you might think your grandkids, we have ways of sneaking out and doing things we shouldn't be doing, and our grandparents none the wiser. I know, I used to do it myself with my grandparents, who thought I was the most amazing obedient quiet grandchild who didn't have rowdy friends.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by starfire2453

Stay away from the blacklight. What would be the point of markings,
or marking someone, if the only way it can be noticed is with a blacklight?

How many pages ?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

Wow! You have a good set of peepers! I would have to agree & say that is exactly what they look like to me. I pick up Monster drinks for my flat mate/cousin every 2 days.
They look branded on to me........

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have to say what worried me about the first post is also that god and supernatural [demons] were mentioned. Also that the girl is very scared. All I can say is that if this had happened to me in my family, we would be amazed but actually laughing at the whole thing and I would not have been scared so much as worried how to get this security stuff off.

Therefore I have the feeling that there is a lot of talk TO make the girl scared. That is nobodies fault but the OP's'.

I also at first thought it looked very much like the Monster drink but it has one too many points, so it can't be that. I stick with the point that something had a chemical on it that got rubbed off her daughter's legs when she was sitting down somewhere.

This could have happened long before she stayed at home ill. OP please chill out and don' hype this up because it can seriously meddle with your grandchild's mind and that is very unfortunate. You are the maker of your granddaughter's happiness, so laugh it off [even if it were aliens
- who must have got very sloppy marking people].
edit on 3-3-2014 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's a simple thing to get a skin scraping or biopsy from a dermatologist.
Page 14 yet no one suggested it?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Agree with hecate666. The grandaughter would not be frightened of this if it were not for an extremely superstitious granddmother feeding a young impressionable mind full of supernatural stories/beleifs/fears. I feel sorry the op and her whole household. Op, your paranoia is contagious, and you granddaughter has caught it. Sounds like you have also fed into her hypocondryism also. ALWAYS SOMETHING wrong with her isn't there. You probably somehow chalk that u to something supernatural also. Poor girl.
edit on amb032014-03-03T08:52:00-06:003103 by abdctd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Does anyone know if stretch marks glow under blacklight? If her calves swell up to twice their size on a regular basis then she might have stretch marks.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Well in all fairness, someone else did mention that this sounded like a type of branding ink for cattle, a few time & someone mentioned this Ink being used on animals by vets.
OP stated the 17 year old girl has her own little Dog grooming business, so Alienreallity's brain could have processed the idea of calves by skimming through the replies & has made me wonder if she has seen this on the Dogs she grooms, maybe her & a friend tried it not knowing it was semi permanent, tried to wash it off, then her fear could have stemmed from believing it to be 100% permanent & so panicked.
To me, it still looks like the Monster energy drink & maybe mixed with a ' Goosebumps ' early design of which herself & peers may still be reading. So maybe one of her friends spent a night with her & did this while the girl slept awhile back & she would't have noticed till going to a club/bowling with blue/black lights used. Maybe as a prank or from jealousy?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Actually resembles a mix of Monster drink logo, some part of R.L Stine's Goosebumps covers & mostly?
The Leo Zodiac symbol that is formed on so many things.
Would need actual size to try using more of the symbolic symbolic/logo logic to go any further with that idea with logic, & compate it to actual sizes of ' other ' symbols......

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Obviously granddaughter is playing games with family. I can't believe someone who's old enough to be a grandparent would be taken in by such a ruse. Grow up, grandparent.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by alienreality

comments suggesting practical jokers using black light ink on all their friends as a joke. Really? Yeah, everyone does that, /end sarcasm/

You must not have a teen daughter, of course they do these things! Yes they do! But since the girl is scared by it I would certainly not just take the line of she or her friends did it. i have had too many odd personal occurrences to say it is nothing.

what? i have a teen daughter who has many friends. they do not ALL "do these things". some kids are jokers and some aren't. all teens are not alike.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i really wish this site weren't so obsessed with calling people liars when they post something unusual.

i do think it is a stamp. it looks identical to the monster drink symbol. she may not know how it got there.... and that's perfectly reasonable. it could have been put there 2 weeks ago when she wasn't paying attention. i don't believe there is anything paranormal about it and i also think the OP is being honest.

ATSers sure know how to take the fun out of just about anything. (not that the girl is having fun because this clearly has her freaked out - but the story could have been fun and interesting if it weren't for all the people insisting FAKE).

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join