It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange & Unexplained Symbols on My Granddaughter's Calves.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Stretch marks from the swelling

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

RE the granddaughter's nuances . . .

PLEASE keep in mind--when there's any even moderately robust description--there inherently have to be nuances involved. The Grandmother wrote a fair number of sentences about the granddaughter.

I automatically consider:

1. Did the grandmother describe a plausible granddaughter?

2. Did the grandmother's description of the granddaughter hold together in terms of character, habits, tendencies, activities, routines etc.

3. Did the grandmother evidence any tendency and capacity to see through subterfuge where evident or possible?

4. Did the grandmother's description of their relationship sound congruent, authentic, believable?

5. Did the grandmother's description of their relationship remain consistent with both the personalities, characters, habits tendencies of the grandmother and granddaughter as presented?

6. Were the grandmother's word choices, tones, sentence constructions re the granddaughter consistent with all the above?

7. etc. etc. etc. Therefore, IF I had to stake my life on the accuracy or inaccuracy of the description of the granddaughter--considering all the nuances involved in the above--what would I go with? I'd go with accuracy in a flash. Very easily.

Have I ever been wrong in assessing nuances? Sure. Thankfully, not very often--(statistically speaking)--particularly where it counted most.

edit on 2/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 2/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GalaxyEyes

That's an enormously miraculous phenomenon

to get "stretch marks"

to appear across two legs in such an overwhelmingly consistent way on a number of measures.

/sarc

edit on 2/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: spelling/typo

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I could meet all of those criteria by describing a random person here on ATS. Without knowing who I was describing, there is no basis for comparison.

Even if the Gmas perception of her grand-daughter was completely incorrect, it would still be portrayed in a reasonable and consistent manner. That how people convince themselves of things. If the image she was portraying was unreasonable, she would have no reason to believe it herself. Likewise, her description may be completely accurate insofar as to describe the grand daughter that she knows, but it may only be one piece of a much, much larger puzzle of which the OP is not aware.

That all goes to describe the topic in the event that the grand daughter went somewhere they shouldnt. Which is about as uncommon as a bear taking a crap in the woods!

Debating theories which can never be proven either way isnt particularly my thing. I am not so interested as to actually contact the OP and do real-life investigation, and I feel I have given my two cents. So, Ill just leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

also written as Ockham's razor from William of Ockham (c. 1287 – 1347),

en.wikipedia.org...

Given that the man's name was spelled

"Ockham"

I'll continue to go with that spelling.

And, I'll still assert that the other blathering explanations hereon are far from the simplest on the table.

well if if you continue to use the correct spelling of the mans name that would be fine, but in this post you spelled it wrong. hence the reason for my reference to it. as just one example of not knowing it all.

It seems to me that the SIMPLIST Ocham's razor explanation
www.abovetopsecret.com...://www.a bovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1000186/pg10#pid17605727

now don't go run and edit the spelling.

as far as the rest of your know it all posts all i read is blah , blah, blah, and ridicule of others, constantly referring to your 30 plus years of this, that and the other know it all knowledge.

just pure arrogance.

edit on 2-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by starfire2453

Read up on "Smart water" and "SelectaDNA". They are security products that combine an ultraviolet marker, an adhesive "fixer" and tiny microdot type numerical flecks.

They can be applied without the reciever being aware that they are being marked.

If the cushion of a chair were marked, and your daughter came into contact with the marker before it had fully dried, then she would quite likely carry multiple (as she moved around) imprints of the marking.

The UV dyes are explicitly designed to resist quick removal to assist authorities in the evidential chain that may potentially lead to a conviction for one suspected of comitting a crime (the advertising states that the marking lasts a few months even through repeated washings & scrubbings).

Additionally, these will also carry the occasional square or rectangular fleck or dot (very small, like a full stop) that, under a microscope, displays a unique number to identify exactly where the marking was supposed to be from. These numbers are stored in a database of the security company that supplies them. I am not sure about how long these dots would adhere to the skin or if they would resist scrubbing. The advertising seems to suggest so.

Try this scenario: Some kids remove an unused marking kit from the office/locker of a school employee. The kit contains the fluid, in a bottle with a brush applicator lid and an LED UV torch to reveal the markings. They "give it a quick try", painting a few parallel lines out of sight down the edge of a seat and then a line across the top (say, on a bus or at a fast food outlet). Seeing some people coming they quickly leave the scene and the seat is occupied by your daughter and her friends.

The result are the marks (some which appear quite faded because the solution was drying as it was transferring) and all marks being very similar to the original pattern painted on the chair.

Not really spooky at all.
edit on 2/3/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

SOUNDS like a SOMEWHAT plausible scenario.

However, I am very skeptical that it would result in the kinds of marks, images, details depicted . . . or with the absolute resistance to being diminished by scrubbing as described.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by chr0naut

SOUNDS like a SOMEWHAT plausible scenario.

However, I am very skeptical that it would result in the kinds of marks, images, details depicted . . . or with the absolute resistance to being diminished by scrubbing as described.

One of the websites has "testimonials" (with images) of perpetrators caught a few weeks after being sprayed by a "mist applicator". Their face looked like a starscape under UV light.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

starfire2453
My 17 yr old granddaughter was playing with her handheld blacklight yesterday and all of a sudden saw these strange symbols on both of her calfs! She was so frightened that she came running downstairs to me in tears! Now please understand that she is not someone who plays practical jokes or seeks out attention. She is very unique in many ways and we have been told that she is an Indigo Child. We have pictures of her with halos around her entire body when there was no sun or lighting that could have caused this! Her mind is extraordinary and creative! She is different than any other child I have come across in my 61 years on this earth!
Now, as to these symbol markings....We tried washing them off, took lotion to try and remove them and even tried nail polish remover with no success! They only show under a blacklight and are not visible to to the naked eye! I think they resemble a Rune Symbol but am unable to find any that match her markings. They are all the same with some looking older than others, however there is one on each calf that are very bright and clear under the blacklight! They are all exactly the same and if someone had done this to her they would have had to use a stencil. These were not put there by her or anyone else and it is a true mystery as to how they got there or what they are! Also, at times her calfs swell to twice their normal size and are extremely painful!
I have had people suggest "Paranormal or Aliens", allergic reaction to detergent, labels on clothing, friends writing on her calfs or using a stamp and many other suggestions. All of them me and my family and friends already thought of and said. As to why she was shining a blacklight on her body... she was actually shining it around the room and in moving it she hit the light in her leg. It was purely by accident that she found these symbols on herself. She does not go to clubs and we have nothing with UV paint or ink in our homes. Not even paint remover will remove this from her skin! We tried everything else and paint remover was our last hope in removing them!
This is not some hoax and I was hoping someone out there had seen this or read about it somewhere. This is very serious to all of us concerned and I pray someone has an answer.
Here are pictures of the symbols on her. If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!

edit on 1-3-2014 by starfire2453 because: added to story

yes, I have a marking on my left cheek that is indented into the skin like a circle and another one that is next to my right eye. I don't know where they came from - they are perfect circles and they are in perfect position as to not take away from my face. They appeared when I turned 18 on my face. The left one I think might mean beauty and the right one might mean bravery or kingship.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just guessing what the markings mean. I mean, they just appeared there during a night in the past. I had a 3 second dream of some elderly Caucasian guy standing over me while I was on some vertical ambulance stretcher in a room with 1 light above him. The ceiling was brown. I think this dream was before I woke up and first saw the markings. They look pretty cool I can't get rid of them anyway it wouldn't bode well on my face. I hope these markings aren't making me a target.

Hopefully those markings on your granddaughter aren't making her a target.
edit on 2-3-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I must admit that you kinda lost me when you stated "someone told you she was an Indigo child". Who told you something like that ? The marks or whatever they are are pretty close to something one would see from a club or other such type establishment. What exactly they are, I have no idea and I am open minded to learn whatever you do do, however the Indigo thing has me a bit concerened, like you were fishing for a response geared in that direction to begin with.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There is an interesting connection between alien abduction and fluorescent markings. I found a good link with info here:
www.burlingtonnews.net...

Some were on the calves, too.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Whem I was 16-17 I had all types of glow in the dark stars and paint in my room with black lights to go with. My dad always had cool stuff so I took after him. It seems pretty normal to me

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Could it be possible that someone placed a fluorescent sticker or some fluorescent paint on a chair/bench/bus seat and your granddaughter unknowingly brushed her legs against it?

ETA: Sorry, I didn't notice chr0naut's post giving a similar explanation
edit on 2/3/2014 by Yuriko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tinaballerina

Thanks for that excellent post.

I wish the scientist had taken some tissue samples and had them analyzed.

Perhaps he's trying to but not saying anything about it yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Yuriko

Sorry, I'm ignorant of current usage meaning of:

ETA in such contexts.

Edited To Add???

There's more than 250 meanings accessible via:

www.acronymfinder.com...

I'd prefer to get your meaning accurately.

edit on 2/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: left something key out.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Yes, I meant "Edited to Add" - I'm sorry if I misused this acronym and caused confusion, English is not my native language
edit on 2/3/2014 by Yuriko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Yuriko

Not a biggy. It's just one I hadn't learned in this context, yet.

Thanks for your kind reply.

I hope we hear from the OP again soon.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I read through half the thread and then had to skip as it is late, so I hope I don't repeat stuff.
Lets just use logic.
1. It is obviously something used for security somehow as it is so hard to wash off.
2. Because it is on her calves and repeated almost in the same place but sort of willy nilly, tells me that she could have 'got' it just by sitting somewhere that had this on it and basically transferred it to her calves by moving her legs a little.
3. All you have to do now is figure out where last she had sat before she fell ill and maybe have a look at the place.

Also to everyone who keeps asking things that have been very well explained in OP's first post, please read and understand not just skip over a post and write things that can not possibly be.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The validity of your claim was clear when you described your daughter as an "indigo child" before describing how intelligent she is. This is nothing more than an attempt to convince us your daughter is special or gifted.

My take anyway.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Cynicaleye
The validity of your claim was clear when you described your daughter as an "indigo child" before describing how intelligent she is. This is nothing more than an attempt to convince us your daughter is special or gifted.

My take anyway.

Soooooooooooooooooo I'm curious . . .

What is it . . . more or less exactly . . .

about the OP

that 100% ABSOLUTELY CONVINCES YOU that this grandmother NEEDED

&/or WANTED

to convince us that her child was "special" in some ego driven or other spurious way or for some other spurious reason

vs

merely was helpfully offering a data point that MIGHT WELL RELATE to the marks she was asking our input on . . . as a possible avenue of consideration, research or explanation?

Unless . . . of course . . . you are some sort of miraculous mind-reader who's 100% accurate 100% of the time . . . particularly through the wires & ethers of the www.

imho, the dear grandmother was offering, groping even, for any and every bit of anything which EVEN MIGHT shed some light on the events and phenomenon.

Sigh.

edit on 2/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join