It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If you want to read true articles, don't hesitate to visit this independent journalists webpage:

anna-news.info...

They have not only news from what's going on in Ukraine now, but also from what happened in Syria (they went there and stayed with Assad's army on the battlefield)

As a bonus track, this is Sebastopol, after being freed from fascism:

www.youtube.com...

Beautiful, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Brzezinski: Formally recognize Ukraine, prepare NATO troops
The strategy of the West regarding Russian aggression in Ukraine should be to complicate Vladimir Putin’s planning. He should be given options to avoid conflict. But he should also be made aware of the negative consequences for Russia that would follow armed conflict.

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Alexander Marquardt ✔ @MarquardtA
Follow
No assault on Sevastopol navy HQ, contrary to tweets. Pro-Russia rally out front, wooden crates stacked high behind civilians blocking gate.

Stuart Webb @Worldwidewebb1
Follow
The #Ukraine commander told us the Russians told him to surrender his weapons to the Russian Federation-he said no.. pic.twitter.com/dc1larctqz

Stuart Webb @Worldwidewebb1
Follow
The Russians also told the #Ukraine commander to pledge loyalty 2 the pro Russia Crimea government-he said no he was loyal to Ukraine govt
2:27 PM - 3 Mar 2014

Amazing scene of ukraine navy vessel surrounded by Russian flagged tugs & blocked by Russian warships In Sevastopol pic.twitter.com/pH4DhRHW3M

www.interpretermag.com...
edit on 3-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
19:43: US President Barack Obama says Russia has violated international law in Ukraine. Russia is on the "wrong side of history", he said, adding that the US would look at a series of economic and diplomatic sanctions that would isolate Moscow. Mr Obama was speaking from the White House before a meeting with Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NoOneLikeYou

Do you know the lyrics to that song? Wish I did. It made me sad

Thank you so much for sharing it.
edit on 3-3-2014 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think we are being played. The interim government has appointed oligarchs to government in key regions despite that the protests that caused the change in government were anti-corruption/anti-oligarch. I doubt they would win their position through election and as long as the crisis remains there will be no elections. I believe the Russian and Ukraine oligarchs are in collusion and Putin is doing what they want by keeping the country in crisis and distracted.

The Russian oligarchs get higher oil prices and the Ukraine ones get no elections and higher oil prices because of the crisis. The price of oil has already shot up and it will likely continue to rise. More money and power for them as the people of Ukraine and Russia get screwed as well as everyone else in Europe and beyond through higher energy prices. At least this means there won't be a war.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

www.foxbusiness.com... well if this is accurate it seems the russian stock market(and others) took a big hit on opening today so sanctions being "on the table" probably wont help that

Almost $60 billion evaporated from Russia’s stock market on Monday as global investors were spooked by Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Crimea and the West explores economic sanctions. Russia’s MICEX index plummeted as much as 13% in response to the fast-moving Ukrainian situation, which has pitted Moscow against the West in a crisis reminiscent of the Cold War. Financial pain was quickly felt by Russian investors as the ruble tumbled 2% against the U.S. dollar, forcing the country’s central bank to dramatically increase interest rates by 1.5 percentage points to 7%.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hehe....

OBAMA SAYS INCIDENT WITH UKRAINE WILL BE ‘COSTLY’ FOR RUSSIA
... the US president has laid out his latest tactic:

OBAMA SAYS HE'S CONSIDERING ECONOMIC STEPS TO ISOLATE RUSSIA
Does he also mean to isolate Russian gas from entering Germany, which just happens to be reliant on Russian imports for a third of its natgas needs? He goes on.

OBAMA SAYS RUSSIA ON `WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY' IN UKRAINE
Which of course is written by the winners. And the punchline:

OBAMA URGES CONGRESS TO PROVIDE PACKAGE OF ASSISTANCE QUICKLY TO UKRAINIAN PEOPLE; SAYS SHOULD NOT BE PARTISAN ISSUE ON CAPITOL HILL
*insert facepalm right here*

Zero

edit on rdAmerica/Chicago303000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So it sounds like this Budapest Memorandum is not really a big deal as the UK and US are using stringent ways of getting Russia to withdraw it's troops rather than military intervention (We all know the consequences, a potent mix).

Sanctions? are they going to work on Russia?

In return what can Russia do if given harsh sanctions? Russia is a big leader in oil supplies.

What about Poland?, I've heard little rumours they was polish troop movements but where?

edit on 3-3-2014 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Sky News and some other major news outlets are reporting that Russia and China are 'In Agreement' over Ukraine. I saw a quote of exactly what China said, but before I could quote it and post it to ATS the story was lost in hundreds more updates and I can't find it in again now. Essentially China said they support sovereignty of countries and peaceful diplomatic solutions but then qualified that by saying that in this case, however, they recognized the long historic ties between Russia and Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

ikonoklast
Sky News and some other major news outlets are reporting that Russia and China are 'In Agreement' over Ukraine. I saw a quote of exactly what China said, but before I could quote it and post it to ATS the story was lost in hundreds more updates and I can't find it in again now. Essentially China said they support sovereignty of countries and peaceful diplomatic solutions but then qualified that by saying that in this case, however, they recognized the long historic ties between Russia and Ukraine.

Can US really do anything is china decides to mess around in the south china sea... this would be such a perfect timing.. would leave NATO and the west confused .. China is watching how the west reacts, I bet if all west can do is talk and no action China will also move in .....

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Not sure if already posted about Lithuania and Poland (Google translation).

www.kresy.pl.../niespodziewane-manewry-w-obwodzie-kaliningradzkim

Unannounced maneuvers take place on land. They feature some of T-72 tanks and infantry combat vehicles BMP-2. Soldiers practice defensive and offensive operations. Also improve the ability to build fortifications.

Concern about the maneuvers initiated expressed Lithuanian party. President Dalia Grybauskaite said that "the country is prepared for each variant of events and surprises from Russia". She added that in connection with the exercises in Kaliningrad "Lithuanian armed forces remain in increased combat readiness."

edit on 3-3-2014 by dbo24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
20:04: In a speech broadcast on state TV, Mr Turchynov said he would not give his approval for the 2012 law to be abolished until a new law has been approved by parliament. The new law, he said, would enshrine Ukrainian as the national language, but would still "provide for the development of all languages".

Btw this was one of the reasons Putin gave whe he feels he needs to intervene.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dbo24

If Poland and Lithuania offer border support militarily and stand by Ukraine's side it will be a bad move in Russia's eyes.
But a good move for Ukraine's stability and focus from there.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

What he(Obama) is saying is that the US government or elements of it can control/manipulate the stock market
at least that's my interpretation.
edit on 3-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So just came home after sleeping, working and a roadtrip to Cologne....
Trying to catch up, but it seems nothing too serious has happened. Will comment later today.

If something major happened that I did not catch on the radio, please let me know (I know about the ultimatum and the denial by the Russians so far and the stuff going on in Donezk)
edit on 3-3-2014 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Lets suppose the NRA decided they really did not like Obama, and decided to launch a peaceful protest in Washington, demanding his removal from office. After a couple months of peaceful protest, extremists infiltrate the crowd, and start shooting DC policeman. Next the extremists shoot Joe Biden, and President Obama flees to Canada in a helicopter. The NRA decides, with the extremists, that Sarah Palin would be a good President, and declare she is now the President. It turns out the extremists were funded by Russia. Russia declares Sarah Palin is the legitimate President of the US, and threatens the US if they take any moves against her. So who is the legitimate President, Barack Obama or Sarah Palin?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

dragonridr

Dolby_X
reply to post by TritonTaranis

check i live in Québec separatist province in Canada. If we ever gonna be a contry Canada will not let this happen and will use army to keep us by force. What do you think will happen ? yup usa will come and try to protect us. kinda the same thing happen there.

A region of the contry does not recognise the new Ukrain gov. who was not there democraticly pushed bvy force, and ask help to protect itself from these tug who take power by the use of riot murder etc... i dont say the leader that was in place before was all white but at least he was elected.

Abavs dont know man your guess is good as mine

edit on 2-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

Your attempting to rewrite history there government removed Viktor Yanukovych they voted in there parliament who were elected to run the government. His main reason for fleeing was the parliament was going to bring his actions in front of the hague for crimes against humanity. Instead of facing these charges he ran to Russia at which time the parliament voted on a interim president and is scheduling elections. Either you are unaware of this or you are so biased you are trying to change the facts. Were you aware Viktor Yanukovych borrowed 63 billion dollars and guess what its missing gone when they looked at the books found out there broke. Were you aware he had a car collection worth millions of dollars in a tax payer funded garage on his property its like an automobile museum with placards. There calling this the Museum of Ukrainian Corruption.Hes been stealing from the people and not to mention murdering them in the streets come on man what else where they suppose to do of course they deposed him. In america we would have impeached a president for far less.

Bravo to that post...

Also it has yet to have been proven where all his money come from... Clearly it was stolen and dodgy deals tho, Some he stole from his people and clearly most of it he got selling his country out to putins mafia and leasing out Ukrainian soil to Russia forces

Of course he's going to run away, he can't explain where all his multi millions come from, the Ukrainian people have every right to string him up

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Aljazeera:

From John Kerry-

"I regret to say that Russia, in some of the challenges we're seeing right now in Ukraine, has put pressure on Moldova. There are challenges with respect to their energy sources and also their ability to trade. We are committed firmly to the direction that Moldova has chosen for itself."

Aljazeera
edit on 3-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
sadly webtv.un.org is down or having trouble keeping it up some one got another broadcaster for the unsc meeting right now?

2039 GMT: The UN Security Council has started. Russia called the meeting.
The representative of Ukraine has been added to the meeting.

The Assistant Secretary General — Department of Political Affairs, gives a briefing. So far, the point is that local militias have taken over government buildings in Crimea, and Russia is in violation, according to Ukraine, of the treaty that allows the Black Sea fleet to be in Ukraine.

The Deputy Secretary General, Jan Eliasson , is in Ukraine to report back to the UNSC. The Secretary General has also reached out to all relevant leaders and has called for dialogue to find a peaceful resolution to the crisis.

edit on 3-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join