It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Ukraine has a constitution. If they wanted to remove their President from office, there would have been a trial where he could have defended himself. A simple vote by a truncated Parliament would not remove him from office. If he is still the legal President of Ukraine, then there is no invasion or occupation by Russia.
He may be very corrupt, but that seems typical of all of Ukraines leaders. If Parliament chooses to remove him for corruption, let them proceed and do so, but according to their Constitution.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

deviant300
BREAKING NEWS Ukraine's ousted President Viktor Yanukovych has written to Russian President Vladimir Putin asking him to use military force in Ukraine, says Russia's envoy to the UN, Vitaly Churkin.

BBC News Feed

www.bbc.co.uk...

Since hes hiding in moscow i was sure they were going to drag him out sooner or later. If Ukraine is smart they would officially charge him with crimes against humanity with the hague. They threatened to do this before he fled but it would go along way to establishing the legitimacy of the current government.This means the Russians would be harboring a criminal. That would be my next move if i were in Ukraine. This effectively takes away any authority perceived or otherwise that hes in charge of Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

Russians technically thing Viktor Yanukovych is still President?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

maddy21

ikonoklast
Sky News and some other major news outlets are reporting that Russia and China are 'In Agreement' over Ukraine. I saw a quote of exactly what China said, but before I could quote it and post it to ATS the story was lost in hundreds more updates and I can't find it in again now. Essentially China said they support sovereignty of countries and peaceful diplomatic solutions but then qualified that by saying that in this case, however, they recognized the long historic ties between Russia and Ukraine.

Can US really do anything is china decides to mess around in the south china sea... this would be such a perfect timing.. would leave NATO and the west confused .. China is watching how the west reacts, I bet if all west can do is talk and no action China will also move in .....

NATOs combined navy is probably 50 times larger and far more advanced than China's

It wouldn't be hard to blockade and starve china to death of oil and food.

China's troops would be forced to travel thousands of miles to Europe in order to fight, that's a rather huge logistical supply line with no air superiority

Lambs to the slaughter springs to mind

NATO will not risk a nuclear war and considering whats going on in Ukraine and NATO's weak responses China can assert its influence on South China sea ... IF Chinese economy collapses due to any blockade that will cause a chain reaction on western economies as well... So NATO cannot really do anything much...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Cuban missile crisisx2 here we go? NATO and Russia on a collision course ,neither will back down

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Legally he still is, because he was removed illegally
Yes

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

yes they dont think the new one in Kyiv is legally in position
edit on 3-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Russia is outnumbered in the UN Security Council

Outnumbered by the votes and demands of Ukrainian people

Outnumbered by most of the worlds governments disagreeing with Russia hitler actions

Time to take your troop home baldy nobody likes you and your shady mafia Putin

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ugh. The propaganda being generated by BOTH sides in this crisis is sickening. I don't know if there is a way out of this unless everyone tones down the rhetoric and gets down to brass tax by sitting at the negotiating table. Why is Kerry headed to Kiev instead of Moscow? If you want to talk about sanctions and economic pressure get everyone to sit down at the negotiating table first. The EU, The U.S, The Ukrainians, The Russians, and a Crimean government official. Hell, move the Crimean referendum forward (again).

I feel like both sides are just churning out propaganda instead of actually trying to resolve the crisis NOW.

Here is a good example, with Yulia Tymoshenko claiming that EVERYONE in the Ukraine is united on this issue, when that clearly is not the case:

CNN interview with Yulia Tymoshenko

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

dragonridr

deviant300
BREAKING NEWS Ukraine's ousted President Viktor Yanukovych has written to Russian President Vladimir Putin asking him to use military force in Ukraine, says Russia's envoy to the UN, Vitaly Churkin.

BBC News Feed

www.bbc.co.uk...

Since hes hiding in moscow i was sure they were going to drag him out sooner or later. If Ukraine is smart they would officially charge him with crimes against humanity with the hague. They threatened to do this before he fled but it would go along way to establishing the legitimacy of the current government.This means the Russians would be harboring a criminal. That would be my next move if i were in Ukraine. This effectively takes away any authority perceived or otherwise that hes in charge of Ukraine.
with that bbc article, if it is true that makes this invasion legal does it not ?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I've been too involved in this thread. Personally, at this point it's pointless. All the propaganda so called news coming from 1,000,000 directions is ridiculous as many news outlets have had to change their stories several times, which in turn causes anxiety and confusion for many. The majority of you seem to be siding with one or the other. What's troubling about that is that as far as I know, the only one from the ATS community right now that's actually in Ukraine is asen_y2k, and he has done a wonderful job of reporting what he can. So how can anyone anywhere else, side with one or the other, when none of us have absolute facts as to what's going on over there?

The MSM here in the states and abroad are just routing all kinds of conflicting stories, many of which have been retracted. If you all are falling for this MSM BS, then have at it!

But, please for the love of planet earth and all of us, please stop wishing and throwing your fist for a WWIII, while simutaneously calling Putin insane. That's one of the most insane and discouraging sentiments floating around this entire thread. None of us truly want that...at least I don't.

The US media machine is hard at work right now...all they're interested in is keeping you tuned in, fuel your anger, etc, etc. Likewise, elsewhere in the world. ATS is a place for open discussion, yes...but war mongering and cheering...I don't think so.

Let Russia and Ukraine deal with this their way...whatever way that is. If the Canadians lost their minds and rushed into the states trying to claim anything...we would deal with it our way and vice versas. If the international community needs to get involved then so be it (I don't see that happening though). I know I'm probably going to make a few enemies because if this post but I don't really give a hoot.

I'm just saying, take a step back, breath, do some historical research into both parties/countries involved, elected officials, banks etc...educate yourselfs about that region and whos really weilding the sword. Watch the news, read the headlines...just be cautious of where and who it's coming from before you go taking sides and cheering on a war that is certainly not imminent at this point.

I have formed several opinions thus far about what's going on and it's a lot deeper than anything we see on the so called news. There are parts of the Ukraine that have put a billionaire banker and a billionaire industrialist into office within the past two days and they're recruiting more. Both of these individuals have no political experience what so ever! Then we have the crooked IMF, offering up support (maybe a costly bailout to the already broke Ukraine). We know what happens when bailouts start being thrown around. Then there's Angela Merkle backing Vitali Klichko and making inflammatory statements back in December when she didn't get the deal she wanted from the now missing Ukrainian President. Then there's the natural gas lines, oil...etc. see where I'm going with this. Something bigger is up than just Putin controlling Crimea. So far, from what I've read, he hasn't done much else.

Okay, I'm done. Apology in advance if I offended anyone as that is not my intention. Take all the news with a grain of salt, stay calm and take care 😄👍

ETA
Some of the links dealing with the banksters and such will be found in other post I've made scattered throughout this thread, if you're interested.

edit on 3/3/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Any more verification and/ or denials on the 5 a.m. time frame ? Many outlets were reporting it as fact all day and now that it has been denied by one person , I am wondering which is true? TIA

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Well let there be free and fair elections in Ukraine(in fact they were months away ) not an appointed leader to a country clearly divided and in tumoil who's first agenda is Dismantle a legal and long-standing agreement with Russia , control over Russia's gas exports, the acceptance of a massive loan , integration into the EU and ultimately party to NATO , all illegally , didn't expect resistance?
have some more punch

edit on 3-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

On the international view of things no Russia's invasion of Ukraine is not legal and since Viktor Yanukovych was ousted out of office Oleksandr Turchynov became De facto Acting President of Ukraine and is recognised internationally.

I think it's Russia who believes the new interim government in Ukraine is not a legitimate government of Ukraine and that Yanukovych is still president.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I basically just wanted to say "thanks" to Asen and everyone posting in this thread. Incredible job guys...
Way better than any MSM. Keep up the good work ATS

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Russia is outnumbered in the UN Security Council

They may be outnumbered, but holding right to veto all decisions, LOL

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Outnumbered means nothing when you have nukes.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I found this link about the riots from last month in Ukraine.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
guy limit the post for news ! over 79 pages already

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Very well said and I agree 100%.

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join