It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Nick Robinson Political editor tweets: BREAKING Government will not curb trade with Russia or close London's financial centre to Russians an official document reveals

18:44: The BBC's political editor Nick Robinson has more on the official document that reveals that the UK government will not curb trade with Russia or close London's financial centre to Russians. The document also says British ministers should "discourage any discussion (eg at Nato) of contingency military preparations". You can read more here.

edit on 3/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

OK kelionyx. Thanks. I just wonder..Putin is smart. Makes me think he's got a plan b already if sanctions are implemented. But what that is I am clueless.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
On Ukraine vs Russia:

“It is absolutely not a combat ready force. It’s sharply underfunded, and they don’t have any real air or surface to air or capacity compared to what Russia can deploy — even though Russia is no paragon of military readiness either,” Anthony Cordesman, of the Center for Strategic and International Studies, told FoxNews.com.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

And some think the stock market isn't manipulated ( insert eye roll smiley)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Representatives of Kherson, Nikolayev and Odessa stated that they wish to join the Crimea during the expansion of powers of autonomy, said on Monday Vice Speaker of the Supreme Council of Crimea.

vz.ru...

There ya go ...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

John Schindler @20committee
Follow
Reports coming in that lead assault on UKR Navy HQ being done by titushki with baseball bats, with heavily armed RU troops behind them.

Follow
Reports coming in that Russian assault on UKR Navy HQ in Sebastopol has begun in last hour, eg glavcom.ua... … (decent site, btw)

glavcom.ua...
edit on 3-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

maddy21

Bigburgh

deviant300
BREAKING NEWS

Mark Mardell North America editor tweets: US State Dept says they are preparing to put sanctions on Russia and are "moving down that path"

BBC Live Feed
www.bbc.co.uk...

It was already stated that Russia was to be banned from the world cup.
It seems Russia has all it needs to keep sustaining. With or without the west.
I wonder what sanctions could possibly be of value to Russia...hmmm. scratching head.

How many are going to comply to those sanctions ? And will Europe comply with the sanctions, which means not buying oil and gas from Russia ?

Exactly...who will comply? There are always a back up plan..or Backdoor deals.

It would have to come down to banking..and I don't know if I trust that even.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Bigburgh
reply to post by KeliOnyx

OK kelionyx. Thanks. I just wonder..Putin is smart. Makes me think he's got a plan b already if sanctions are implemented. But what that is I am clueless.

Honestly I don't see sanctions working. What I see is Putin using the sanctions as reason to start absorbing other former Soviet States. He isn't stupid by any stretch, he is a Soviet through and through who has spent decades lamenting how things used to be and trying to figure out how to get it back.

link   
I read somewhere that Russia needs $118 for its oil to stay solvent..
It has reached passed $122

Now all i s clear.. Russia might want to point fingers at the West
but it is they who gain.

link   

Bigburgh

maddy21

Bigburgh

deviant300
BREAKING NEWS

Mark Mardell North America editor tweets: US State Dept says they are preparing to put sanctions on Russia and are "moving down that path"

BBC Live Feed
www.bbc.co.uk...

It was already stated that Russia was to be banned from the world cup.
It seems Russia has all it needs to keep sustaining. With or without the west.
I wonder what sanctions could possibly be of value to Russia...hmmm. scratching head.

How many are going to comply to those sanctions ? And will Europe comply with the sanctions, which means not buying oil and gas from Russia ?

Exactly...who will comply? There are always a back up plan..or Backdoor deals.

It would have to come down to banking..and I don't know if I trust that even.

Even Europe is hand in gloves in bypassing the US dollar in a deal which happened late 2013 around November .. This sanction just might be the push required for countries to stop using Dollar as a currency for trade....

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Dolby_X

Follow
Reports coming in that lead assault on UKR Navy HQ being done by titushki with baseball bats, with heavily armed RU troops behind them.

Follow
Reports coming in that Russian assault on UKR Navy HQ in Sebastopol has begun in last hour, eg glavcom.ua... … (decent site, btw)

glavcom.ua...
edit on 3-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

What has it begun, i was about to call it a day! Nothing yet on Ukrainian MSM. Glavcom is a decent site, I fear this is real.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

maddy21

Representatives of Kherson, Nikolayev and Odessa stated that they wish to join the Crimea during the expansion of powers of autonomy, said on Monday Vice Speaker of the Supreme Council of Crimea.

vz.ru...

This all seems crazy. Is Ukraine a sovereign nation or not? Sounds to me like most regions just want to be a part of Russia. What's the point of it being a separate country called "Ukraine" anyway? This is like if the U.S. just gave Mexico California because there are a lot of Mexicans there.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

what is becoming clear is that it is Ukraine that is desperate to raise the hostility level. Why - if it is to force the hand of NATO, EU or the west in providing assistanc
reply to post by MessageforAll

If I were the newly forming interim government of Ukraine; with Putin inside my Country, his army taking control of my defences, the fact that he sees my new government as illegitimate; all without saying a public word, I'd be do everything possible to get my so called allies to back me up. Not just by words but boots on the ground. I can understand their requests from the west.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

deviant300
reply to post by mash3d

I remember my folks telling me about how the cold war got so serious with USSR at the time. I was talking to my folks about it again I picked up the paper for them and the first thing they said was the world better keep keen eye on that Putin he's means business when it comes to land grabbing.

Apparently this reminds them the build up of the cold war when they was my age.

I was stationed, in what was then West Germany, during the cold war.
Many people have no idea how close, or how many times, that little mess almost turned hot.
That's why I hope the people involved in this mess get their heads out of their butts and stay calm.

If you want to read a real horror novel from that time period look up
Army Field Manual 25-51 - Battalion Task Force Nuclear Training
It's an actual army manual on what would happen if tactical Nukes are used on a battle field.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

Are the tweets from journalists? Can you confirm this from somewhere else? This is very big if true. So a shooting war starts?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The Bear has woken.
well this will be interesting wont it, what will America do, no more goat farmers making do with recycled weapons and ordinance.
I look forward to the coming days with anticipation.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Agreed..to both keli...and Maddy..

Honestly..been fallowing this thread since it started...my brain is becoming mush...just waiting for the rest of the pieces of this puzzle to fall into place.

And thanking Asen for his updates and safety.

link   
Things getting hot. I must agree, i am a bit panicky now.

Ukrainian news reporting

Russia pulls troops and equipment along to the land border with Ukraine

Russia is concentrating troops at land borders Ukraine - these actions may indicate preparation for the invasion of the Russian side. The State Border Guard Service of Ukraine reported that there is a cluster of military equipment in the territory near the state border within the Kharkiv, Luhansk and Donetsk regions.

Note: This is just coming in. Translate and read Here

Plus note this is not inside Crimea. This is mainland eastern Ukraine.

link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

got the info there www.interpretermag.com...

and there glavcom.ua...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
19:05: Chris Morris BBC News says there is strong language in the EU statement - Russia has violated the UN charter and its troops should withdraw to their bases in Crimea without delay. If that doesn't happen by Thursday, when EU leaders will meet in Brussels for an emergency summit, then talk will turn to possible sanctions, some of them diplomatic, some potentially economic.

lol

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join