It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Since my other thread about Ukraine is gathering dust, i'l be putting updates from Twitter/Rt/BBC/Haartz/Ukraine blog etc here.
Just came on the bbc live feed

BREAKING NEWS Mark Mardell North America editor tweets: US State Dept says they are preparing to put sanctions on Russia and are "moving down that path"
edit on rdAmerica/Chicago303000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

edit on rdAmerica/Chicago303000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

Better to have it all consolidated in one place

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

just to ad

EU High Representative Catherine Ashton said that Yevsrosoyuz not yet made a decision on sanctions against the Russian Federation through its military incursion into the territory of Ukraine.
So far, the EU only discussed the possibility to suspend negotiations with Russia on visa liberalization.

"The EU has discussed the possibility to suspend its bilateral negotiations with the Russian authorities on visa issues," - said Ashton.
24tv.ua...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

Mark Mardell North America editor tweets: US State Dept says they are preparing to put sanctions on Russia and are "moving down that path"

BBC Live Feed
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ukraine Denies Russia's Denial, Claims Ships Threatened With Seizure
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 03/03/2014 - 13:19
Minutes after Russia denied it had issued an ultimatum to the Ukraine navy, Ukraine's acting president has just denied the denial.

UKRAINE'S TURCHYNOV SAYS SHIPS THREATENED IF ARMS NOT LAID DOWN
UKRAINE'S TURCHYNOV SAYS SHIPS THREATENED WITH SEIZURE
UKRAINE'S TURCHYNOV SAYS SITUATION AROUND FLEET IS DANGEROUS
UKRAINE'S TURCHYNOV SAYS RUSSIA INCREASING CRIMEA FORCES
UKRAINE'S TURCHYNOV SAYS RUSSIAN BLACK SEA FLEET HAS BLOCKED UKRAINIAN NAVY VESSELS IN SEVASTOPOL BAYS

What is curious here is that while it is clear why Russia would benefit from an escalation in hostilities in the Crimea - i.e., allowing it a clear pretext to enter the "east" and "protect" its citizens - what is becoming clear is that it is Ukraine that is desperate to raise the hostility level. Why - if it is to force the hand of NATO, EU or the west in providing assistance, this may be a wild gambit, which will backfire massively.
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Not sure if id say that if that were true they would just surrender. I think the problem is there underfunded with outdated cold war era weapons. They are in no way a combat ready force and well the Russians are. Nato warned them there defences were inadequate before this even started.At this point its up to the people that live there they will have to stand up and face the russians or sit back and hope Putins kind to them. The people cant rely on there military they are goijng to decide how this plays out. Militarily Ukraines only option is to rush what few troops they have to Kiev and set up defensive positions. This will make very bad press if Russia attacks them leading to possible assistance from other countries.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

ikonoklast
About a month ago there was the leaked phone call from the US Assistant Secretary of State. It strongly indicated the US was either instigating or at least trying to control the recent leadership changes in the Ukraine that have now led to Russia reacting like this. If I remember right, the phone conversation was even purposely done between insecure cell phones. That might indicate the conversation was supposed to be intercepted.

So either the US purposely set things up to provoke Russia into doing this or the US seriously underestimated how Russia would react. While it could be total incompetence and underestimation, the more interesting questions occur If this was all intentional. If intentional, the questions I see are: Were the US and Russia were working together to do this? Or, if not, what is the US plan?

I caught wind of this too. But it was a YT video. So I didn't give it much credibility.
However. If true. Then its with regret I feel Ukraine and Russia should shake hands..then pursue in annexing the white house staff's a$$es
edit on 3-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ouch...
Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 2h
#Russia has lost nearly $ 55 billion for a day of confrontation with #Ukraine - epravda.com.ua... |PR News pic.twitter.com/oq2RxwLhwj

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

deviant300
BREAKING NEWS

Mark Mardell North America editor tweets: US State Dept says they are preparing to put sanctions on Russia and are "moving down that path"

BBC Live Feed
www.bbc.co.uk...

It was already stated that Russia was to be banned from the world cup.
It seems Russia has all it needs to keep sustaining. With or without the west.
I wonder what sanctions could possibly be of value to Russia...hmmm. scratching head.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

you know that is stock market ... yeah in Russia but this is international money !

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

That's a very bad interpretation of what happened - it was a phone call between US officials about the situation in Ukraine, but at no point was there any discussions about providing support beyond the usual diplomatic efforts, which were being led by the EU - which led the Ambassadors "feck the EU" remark which made all the headlines.

Link to Story about Phone call and "F**k the EU"

Another

Another

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Bigburgh

deviant300
BREAKING NEWS

BBC Live Feed
www.bbc.co.uk...

I wonder what sanctions could possibly be of value to Russia...hmmm. scratching head.

There are a lot of sanctions that can be used. The thing with sanctions is they take time to become effective. Don't be mislead Putin is as dependent on the US and European economies as they are on Russia's gas supplies. It is very hard to be a World Power when the rest of the World is isolating you politically and economically.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nick Robinson Political editor tweets: BREAKING Government will not curb trade with Russia or close London's financial centre to Russians an official document reveals

Lol, there you have it, business as usual.

link   

Rulkiewicz
CNN is also selling the 5am ultimatum (Taken from cnn.com headline):

"Ultimatum for Ukrainian forces?
Russia told Ukrainian forces in Crimea to clear out by 5 a.m. Tuesday or face a "military storm," a Russian news agency says."

CNN is just now reporting on the Russian denial via their web ticker. They are always very behind on reporting things vs other outlets.. especially ATS.

link   

stumason
reply to post by Bigburgh

That's a very bad interpretation of what happened - it was a phone call between US officials about the situation in Ukraine, but at no point was there any discussions about providing support beyond the usual diplomatic efforts, which were being led by the EU - which led the Ambassadors "feck the EU" remark which made all the headlines.

Link to Story about Phone call and "F**k the EU"

Another

Another

Thank you. Was hoping the info was mucky.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

ikonoklast

So either the US purposely set things up to provoke Russia into doing this or the US seriously underestimated how Russia would react. While it could be total incompetence and underestimation, the more interesting questions occur If this was all intentional. If intentional, the questions I see are: Were the US and Russia were working together to do this? Or, if not, what is the US plan?

That reminds me of Agenda 21

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So far not a shot has been fired, the new Ukraine govt WANT Russia to attack so they are viewed as aggessors thus winning the support of Ukrainian people and the international community.
edit on 3-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Hithe Merinos

Man that was horrible, but I suppose it could have been worse.

My question is for my fellow Americans...

Is this what you want? Is this what you want to see happen to Congress and the bankers?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Bigburgh

deviant300
BREAKING NEWS

BBC Live Feed
www.bbc.co.uk...

How many are going to comply to those sanctions ? And will Europe comply with the sanctions, which means not buying oil and gas from Russia ?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

edit on 3-3-2014 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join