It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Guess you've seen the forget-to-remove-sticker-from-backpack -guy:

Google 89379753472 for more info about the guy.
Cache of his deleted page at vk.com

edit on 3-3-2014 by nakiel because: typo

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

deviant300
reply to post by Abavs

On the international view of things no Russia's invasion of Ukraine is not legal and since Viktor Yanukovych was ousted out of office Oleksandr Turchynov became De facto Acting President of Ukraine and is recognised internationally.

I think it's Russia who believes the new interim government in Ukraine is not a legitimate government of Ukraine and that Yanukovych is still president.
thankyou for cleaning that up for me. I was unsure.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
21:26: The US envoy to the UN, Samantha Power, says there's "no evidence" that ethnic Russians and Russian speakers in Ukraine are under threat. Moscow has repeatedly stated that ethnic Russians are under threat in Ukraine and that it is duty-bound to protect them.
21:25: More on those reports (see 20:44 entry) that armed men have seized control of the ferry crossing between Russia and Crimea - Reuters is now quoting the Ukrainian coast guard as saying that they were Russian troops, and that they have been helping to bring in more troops by ferry.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

MessageforAll
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Outnumbered means nothing when you have nukes.

Outnumbered means nothing when you have ball's.

The Ukrainian marines have spent three days locked in without handing over weapons.

However, i noticed something on a bbc video. They were reporting directly from outside the surrounded marine base, and a Russian soldier, spetsnaz or no, held the hand of a Ukranian marine throught the wire of the front gate like he was saying "dont worry, you know this is all BS"

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
Ugh. The propaganda being generated by BOTH sides in this crisis is sickening. I don't know if there is a way out of this unless everyone tones down the rhetoric and gets down to brass tax by sitting at the negotiating table. Why is Kerry headed to Kiev instead of Moscow? If you want to talk about sanctions and economic pressure get everyone to sit down at the negotiating table first. The EU, The U.S, The Ukrainians, The Russians, and a Crimean government official. Hell, move the Crimean referendum forward (again).

I feel like both sides are just churning out propaganda instead of actually trying to resolve the crisis NOW.

Here is a good example, with Yulia Tymoshenko claiming that EVERYONE in the Ukraine is united on this issue, when that clearly is not the case:

CNN interview with Yulia Tymoshenko

Shes a smart woman she played two cards in her interview. One saying that if the US and UK dont honor the budapest agreement that other countries will see that agreements with them mean nothing. Than she also said Ukraine will join the EU upping the stakes for them as well this is a huge point for the EU. Then used the mobilization of their army as sending ill equipped men into combat at the west would allow this massacre to occur because they are leaving them on their own. Im going to say watch her she is very smart and youll see her take a commanding role in all this before its over.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

andy1972

MessageforAll

The Ukrainian marines have spent three days locked in without handing over weapons.

However, i noticed something on a bbc video. They were reporting directly from outside the surrounded marine base, and a Russian soldier, spetsnaz or no, held the hand of a Ukranian marine throught the wire of the front gate like he was saying "dont worry, you know this is all BS"

That's really one Soldiers respect to another soldier , they are all human beings in the end . the Russian marine probably felt the need to respect a persons bravery when facing impossible odds...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

nakiel

Am i wrong, or is one or more wearing a PASGT helmet??

Are they purporting to be Russian troops??

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

maddy21

andy1972

MessageforAll

That's really one Soldiers respect to another soldier , they are all human beings in the end . the Russian marine probably felt the need to respect a persons bravery when facing impossible odds...

Amen..brothers in arms..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Update on the letter send
21:40: Here's the important part of a photocopy of the letter read out by the Russian envoy to the UN, which he says was sent by ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych to Vladimir Putin: "In view of this [events in Ukraine], I ask the president of Russia, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, to use the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation to restore legality, peace, law and order and stability, and to protect the population of Ukraine, (Signed) Viktor Yanukovych, 1 March 2014".

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
Ugh. The propaganda being generated by BOTH sides in this crisis is sickening. I don't know if there is a way out of this unless everyone tones down the rhetoric and gets down to brass tax by sitting at the negotiating table. Why is Kerry headed to Kiev instead of Moscow? If you want to talk about sanctions and economic pressure get everyone to sit down at the negotiating table first. The EU, The U.S, The Ukrainians, The Russians, and a Crimean government official. Hell, move the Crimean referendum forward (again).

I feel like both sides are just churning out propaganda instead of actually trying to resolve the crisis NOW.

Here is a good example, with Yulia Tymoshenko claiming that EVERYONE in the Ukraine is united on this issue, when that clearly is not the case:

CNN interview with Yulia Tymoshenko

I think like you here...that's at least where the leaders would start. Apparently, that's the easy way to do things and not on their to do list at this time.
edit on 3/3/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1
I've been too involved in this thread. Personally, at this point it's pointless. All the propaganda so called news coming from 1,000,000 directions is ridiculous as many news outlets have had to change their stories several times, which in turn causes anxiety and confusion for many. The majority of you seem to be siding with one or the other. What's troubling about that is that as far as I know, the only one from the ATS community right now that's actually in Ukraine is asen_y2k, and he has done a wonderful job of reporting what he can. So how can anyone anywhere else, side with one or the other, when none of us have absolute facts as to what's going on over there?

The MSM here in the states and abroad are just routing all kinds of conflicting stories, many of which have been retracted. If you all are falling for this MSM BS, then have at it!

But, please for the love of planet earth and all of us, please stop wishing and throwing your fist for a WWIII, while simutaneously calling Putin insane. That's one of the most insane and discouraging sentiments floating around this entire thread. None of us truly want that...at least I don't.

The US media machine is hard at work right now...all they're interested in is keeping you tuned in, fuel your anger, etc, etc. Likewise, elsewhere in the world. ATS is a place for open discussion, yes...but war mongering and cheering...I don't think so.

Let Russia and Ukraine deal with this their way...whatever way that is. If the Canadians lost their minds and rushed into the states trying to claim anything...we would deal with it our way and vice versas. If the international community needs to get involved then so be it (I don't see that happening though). I know I'm probably going to make a few enemies because if this post but I don't really give a hoot.

I'm just saying, take a step back, breath, do some historical research into both parties/countries involved, elected officials, banks etc...educate yourselfs about that region and whos really weilding the sword. Watch the news, read the headlines...just be cautious of where and who it's coming from before you go taking sides and cheering on a war that is certainly not imminent at this point.

I have formed several opinions thus far about what's going on and it's a lot deeper than anything we see on the so called news. There are parts of the Ukraine that have put a billionaire banker and a billionaire industrialist into office within the past two days and they're recruiting more. Both of these individuals have no political experience what so ever! Then we have the crooked IMF, offering up support (maybe a costly bailout to the already broke Ukraine). We know what happens when bailouts start being thrown around. Then there's Angela Merkle backing Vitali Klichko and making inflammatory statements back in December when she didn't get the deal she wanted from the now missing Ukrainian President. Then there's the natural gas lines, oil...etc. see where I'm going with this. Something bigger is up than just Putin controlling Crimea. So far, from what I've read, he hasn't done much else.

Okay, I'm done. Apology in advance if I offended anyone as that is not my intention. Take all the news with a grain of salt, stay calm and take care 😄👍

ETA
Some of the links dealing with the banksters and such will be found in other post I've made scattered throughout this thread, if you're interested.

Excellent post. I find the more I learn about the situation the less sure I am of what is going on, who is behind it and who will benefit. There are about 5 theories I have now and none of them are clearly more plausible than the next. I guess this is what they call the fog of war.
edit on 3-3-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...#

The secret document carried by an official in Downing Street.
Britain is drawing up plans to ensure that any EU action against Russia over Ukraine will exempt the City of London, according to a secret government document photographed in Downing Street.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Dolby_X
www.theguardian.com...#

Britain is drawing up plans to ensure that any EU action against Russia over Ukraine will exempt the City of London, according to a secret government document photographed in Downing Street.

Well, the corporate muscle has spoken. London will obey. Business must NOT be affected. Feck the Ukraine.

"First things first boy's..we must not let this hit us in the pocket...secondly...we must not let this hit us in the pocket and thirdly...ermmm how can we make money off this..."
edit on PM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
HaHaHa, classic!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

andy1972

nakiel

I fail to see why that matters. Do not our own troops by their own equipment, sometimes? I don't see why Russian troops would be any different, or disallow such an expenditure.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

MessageforAll
Update on the letter send
21:40: Here's the important part of a photocopy of the letter read out by the Russian envoy to the UN, which he says was sent by ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych to Vladimir Putin: "In view of this [events in Ukraine], I ask the president of Russia, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, to use the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation to restore legality, peace, law and order and stability, and to protect the population of Ukraine, (Signed) Viktor Yanukovych, 1 March 2014".
this whole event makes no sence. On one hand we have reports that Ukraine asked for help. In other reports we have the media playing Chinese whispers and bending there story. Then we have every westen country sending out travel warnings for holidaymakers. And preparing there armies secretly. Then we also have the communist countrys supporting each other. My querie is why would putin do this ? You dont just go out and do this unless there is a bigger agenda at play, I did not take putin as a radical thinker. Plus what do the westen countries have to do with this region apart from democracy? Im really confused.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

andy1972

Dolby_X
www.theguardian.com...#

Well, the corporate muscle has spoken. London will obey. Business must NOT be affected. Feck the Ukraine.

"First things first boy's..we must not let this hit us in the pocket...secondly...we must not let this hit us in the pocket and thirdly...ermmm how can we make money off this..."

Russians own much of London. London property 'boom' is driving the UK so called recovery.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Catacomb

andy1972

nakiel

I fail to see why that matters. Do not our own troops by their own equipment, sometimes? I don't see why Russian troops would be any different, or disallow such an expenditure.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

Yeah..tell that to his commanding officer..
"How did he die...as he wasnt wearing patches and a pasgt helmet a Spetsnaz sniper mistook him for a Ukranian."

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

What about the rest of the country? London did have riots not too long ago and perhaps that is why they get an exception as they don't want a repeat of that when the economy is affected by sanctions. That brings me to the question of whether sanctions would affect Russia or Europe more. High oil prices caused by the crisis will be good for Russia and might offset the losses but I can only see it being bad for Europe, negligible for the USA and possibly good for China if they can negotiate to take some of the lost business at a discount.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

khimbar

andy1972

Dolby_X
www.theguardian.com...#

Russians own much of London. London property 'boom' is driving the UK so called recovery.

Yeah..thats why we CANT offend them..Just like we never seem to do anything to the saudi's when they're involved in terrorist attacks..

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join