It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I sincerely hope you are reading this muzzleflash
coz here's an entirely different take on it because from what I previously posted I came across this

Hydrogen sulfide has been implicated in several mass extinctions that have occurred in the Earth's past. In particular, a buildup of hydrogen sulfide in the atmosphere may have caused the Permian-Triassic extinction event 252 million years ago.[52]

Organic residues from these extinction boundaries indicate that the oceans were anoxic (oxygen-depleted) and had species of shallow plankton that metabolized H
2S. The formation of H
2S may have been initiated by massive volcanic eruptions, which emitted carbon dioxide and methane into the atmosphere, which warmed the oceans, lowering their capacity to absorb oxygen that would otherwise oxidize H
2S. The increased levels of hydrogen sulfide could have killed oxygen-generating plants as well as depleted the ozone layer, causing further stress. Small H
2S blooms have been detected in modern times in the Dead Sea and in the Atlantic ocean off the coast of Namibia.[

Now could all of this be dressed up as something else hiding something else?
(Afterall it is a conspiracy site lol)

Black sea on wikipedia and look to hydrochemistry?
Seems a bit weird really but it seems like the sudden escallation of events to me personally doesn't quite make sense.

Has there been any seismic activity recently or similar?
I dont know, just thought I'd share a possible alternative reason.

I get a bit bored with the lets hate each other crap

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

surfin4
people need to look at the big picture these demonstrations were originally about closer ties to europe, the west has been proven to have financed these far right groups and to a lesser extent given them training, the real result america wants is a repeat of the georgia situation, they want the surrounding countries bordering on russia to join nato ,once that happens nato puts bases with nuclear missiles aimed at russia all around its borders.......that for any country is totally unacceptable, and once again the west has proved as in syria and libya they used al qaeda with no sense of hypocrisy as in the ukraine they are using fascists and neo nazis, putin need to stand firm and if its war it needs to be war.
edit on 1-3-2014 by surfin4 because: revision

You see it like it is. Why the confusion around here. The west is just taking the piss by encircling Russia with nukes on their borders. Hey I'm Brit and support some of our government foreign policy but with Russia they and the other powers are just mental, Russia has its own sphere of influence and I'm all for them taking back their own backyard. Time to point missiles at London from Glasgow? New York targetted from Canada? Our foreign policy stinks regarding Moscow

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

West, part that is extremely anti Russian.

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by asen_y2k

Here in my city people are now starting to gather in the city center to protest the Russian Declaration of war.

Just wondering if you have the ability to take photos or possibly a video of this new event?

I understand if you don't feel safe to do that, but you would be scooping any news source out there, also stay safe..

Thats what my wife said when she returned from work.
edit on 1/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I think Russia is putting NATO/UN in the same position the THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS was right before WW2(not warmongering here)...

If they respect the Budapest Memo,and act,it will most likely result in an all out war...

If they don't,they lose credibility and become obsolete....

Scary times we live in....

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

ufoorbhunter

surfin4
people need to look at the big picture these demonstrations were originally about closer ties to europe, the west has been proven to have financed these far right groups and to a lesser extent given them training, the real result america wants is a repeat of the georgia situation, they want the surrounding countries bordering on russia to join nato ,once that happens nato puts bases with nuclear missiles aimed at russia all around its borders.......that for any country is totally unacceptable, and once again the west has proved as in syria and libya they used al qaeda with no sense of hypocrisy as in the ukraine they are using fascists and neo nazis, putin need to stand firm and if its war it needs to be war.
edit on 1-3-2014 by surfin4 because: revision

You see it like it is. Why the confusion around here. The west is just taking the piss by encircling Russia with nukes on their borders. Hey I'm Brit and support some of our government foreign policy but with Russia they and the other powers are just mental, Russia has its own sphere of influence and I'm all for them taking back their own backyard. Time to point missiles at London from Glasgow? New York targetted from Canada? Our foreign policy stinks regarding Moscow

I don't really understand what you are talking about, as during the Cold War missles were pointed both ways, and nothing ever happened.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

wildapache

I think Russia is putting NATO/UN in the same position the THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS was right before WW2(not warmongering here)...

If they respect the Budapest Memo,and act,it will most likely result in an all out war...

If they don't,they lose credibility and become obsolete....

Scary times we live in....

The Georgia conflict was a test run for the Ukraine situation, it was even suspected back then. Putin knows NATO will likely not react.
edit on 3/1/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Recall the reasons for the US invasion of Grenada?

Reagan was worried about the Cubans and the Soviets using it as a stopover point before reaching Central America.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

The US public will not back military involvement in Ukraine, and doubtful that the Brits will either. See the comments coming from the Brits.

This is all about the International Corporate Bankers pushing for this conflict.

The Ukraine will not be better off under ICB rule, trust me on that one.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Echtelion
Well, yet Putin did what Obama didn't with Lybia... he consulted the government's legislative assembly on having greenlight for military action.

How many decades has Putin been 'president' ?

Russia is in no way,shape or form a real 'democracy'.

They are ran by the mob, and the 'Don' Putin.

Russia is going in to Ukraine to reestablish it's puppet government.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Russia Recalling Ambassador From U.S.

As of Saturday morning, the Russian Parliament has asked Russian President Vladimir Putin to recall Moscow’s Ambassador from the United States. This, as the Putin has been given authority by the Russian Parliament to use military force in response to government overthrow in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

ken10
I'm pretty sure pro-Russian Ukrainians have called upon Russia to help them, I think its the western imposters that are accusing Russia of intervention.....I believe the Ukraine will split between East and West, The thing is will it be peaceful ?

For the Russians, it's going to be the stability of Russia and Europe, the balance of power between East and West vs. the Nationalists of Ukraine. Russians want to keep things as they using whatever means necessary.

For the USA, Wall Street and the corporations, it's the opportunity to get low-cost resources (human workers, minerals, oil, gas).
They want Ukraine to split from Russia in the hope of starting a domino effect.

For both sides, it's a chess game ...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Head of Ministry of Defense: Ukrainian Army moved in the highest degree of readiness

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

The most valuable piece, in chess, are the pawns. Some will disagree and say i'm "crazy", but each pawn can become a queen.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

xavi1000
This is not good at all, Putin is poking Obama.He won with Sirya situation and now he provoking Obama in open.

lol so? not sure what you opinion of Obama is but mine is a cowardly schmuck who flexes his muscles by invading inferior countries.

Putin didnt win anything with Syria. Obama realised he had no backing from allies or the american people and had no choice. That just happened to suit Putin.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well this escalated rather quickly. I can't say that after the events of the past few weeks/days that I didn't see Russia involving itself in this situation. Russia needs to quickly put a pro Russian government back in place, but with all of the news coming out about how the last pro Russian president lived, I don't see how that's going to work out. Here's hoping that cooler heads prevail and this doesn't lead all out war.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Do we know who is in charge of the US these days?

I don't think it is Obama, and I didn't think it was GW.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Silicis n Volvo

xavi1000
This is not good at all, Putin is poking Obama.He won with Sirya situation and now he provoking Obama in open.

lol so? not sure what you opinion of Obama is but mine is a cowardly schmuck who flexes his muscles by invading inferior countries.

Putin didnt win anything with Syria. Obama realised he had no backing from allies or the american people and had no choice. That just happened to suit Putin.
Y'all are really caught up in the politics of it all. No one has ever thought, that these "leaders" are business men, FIRST? They're all connected. All business partners. We're the consumers eating up the B.S.!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by neo96

Do we know who is in charge of the US these days?

I don't think it is Obama, and I didn't think it was GW.

Well the topic is about Russia, and the Ukraine is it not ?

Not about American politics or some guy who hasn't been Potus in over 6 years.

Nor it' about the guy on TV playing like hes a Potus.

The topic is about the guys in Russia and Ukraine on tv playing they are 'Presidents'.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

My take on this as an outsider is as others have mentioned. This seems to be an orchestrated destabilization by NGO's, big oil and billionaire inverters like Soros so they can grab control of Ukraine's resources. The IMF has already indicated that the "loans" will come with strict austerity conditions and everyone has seen what that did to southern Europe.

As you indicate you are in the west do you agree with this? To me it looks like you guys are being played by the bankers and the multinational corporations.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Bassago

My take on this as an outsider is as others have mentioned. This seems to be an orchestrated destabilization by NGO's, big oil and billionaire inverters like Soros so they can grab control of Ukraine's resources. The IMF has already indicated that the "loans" will come with strict austerity conditions and everyone has seen what that did to southern Europe.

As you indicate you are in the west do you agree with this? To me it looks like you guys are being played by the bankers and the multinational corporations.

I am not Ukrainian. I have an absolute neutral perspective. I live here in Ukraine for the last 6 years and married to an Ukrainian(who is more scary than Putin
)

But yes I agree with you but my wife does not agree. Just now we had an argument over this.
edit on 1/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join