It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted:-

Ukraine’s Navy flagship, the Hetman Sahaidachny frigate, has reportedly refused to follow orders from Kiev, and come over to Russia’s side and is returning home after taking part in NATO operation in the Gulf of Aden flying the Russian naval flag.

link   
From TV news and online(Ukrainian Pravda)

Border guards regained control of the detachment of maritime security in Balaclava

Ukrainian border guards regained control of the Sevastopol naval detachment of guards. This is the agency "Interfax-Ukraine" with reference to the State Border Service.
According to the source, on Saturday night there was a force unauthorized intrusion into the territory of Sevastopol detachment of maritime security.
"Initially civilians demolished gate, then entered the territory frontier. Upon them in military technology into the territory of the military unit penetrated 10 Russian armed commandos," - he said.
According to him, after long negotiations with the Ukrainian border guards armed person left the part.
"No one was injured. Territory of the newly controlled by Ukrainian border guards," - added the source agency.
Earlier it was reported that a detachment of Marine Protection of State Border Service of Ukraine Balaklava surrounded by unidentified armed men .
According to the chairman Sergey Astakhov border agency , about 13 hours convoy of armed men in the form of Special Forces featured 10 cars in a column in an amount of about 300 people attempted to force capture of Sevastopol naval detachment Protection of State Border Service.
As noted Astakhov, during negotiations older group of armed people said that executes the order of the Ministry of Defence of the capture cross-border military unit.

link   
This would be a WW2 tank battle war, I was just reading that in addition to it's active tanks the Ukraine has over 1300 T-72 in reserve. This would not be an easy war for Russia, and if it got really ugly the UN would need to step in or lose all the little credibility it has. If the nationals mobilize those tanks and send them to retake the Crimea, alot of dead Russians would cause a full invasion. This could get ugly fast.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

cyberheater
I don't know if this has been posted:-
Ukraine’s Navy flagship, the Hetman Sahaidachny frigate, has reportedly refused to follow orders from Kiev, and come over to Russia’s side and is returning home after taking part in NATO operation in the Gulf of Aden flying the Russian naval flag.

Being claimed on Ukrainian TV as false info being spread by Russians. The flag ship, as claimed by Ukrainian news outlets, is in Greece.
edit on 1/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

That is very interesting. Thanks for the update.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Blue_Jay33
This would be a WW2 tank battle war, I was just reading that in addition to it's active tanks the Ukraine has over 1300 T-72 in reserve. This would not be an easy war for Russia, and if it got really ugly the UN would need to step in or lose all the little credibility it has. If the nationals mobilize those tanks and send them to retake the Crimea, alot of dead Russians would cause a full invasion. This could get ugly fast.

Interesting...

I did not know they had more modern tanks than the T-64 variants. Much appreciated.

If they attack, however, they are just playing into Russia's hands. They are better suited to defend Western Ukraine, and let the Russians come to them.

edit on 1-3-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

cyberheater
reply to post by asen_y2k

That is very interesting. Thanks for the update.

I remember posting the info on that ship few pages back. I remember the Ukrainian head of Navy saying on Facebook the ship is in Greece and all these are false info being spread by Russia to demoralize the Ukrainian Navy.

Once again-I am neutral in this conflict. I live in Ukraine for the last 6 years. I do not support/nor am against any side in this conflict. I am just bringing MSM from Ukraine in Ukrainian/Russian language to ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

ken10
I'm pretty sure pro-Russian Ukrainians have called upon Russia to help them, I think its the western imposters that are accusing Russia of intervention.....I believe the Ukraine will split between East and West, The thing is will it be peaceful ?

It sounds like a perfect recipe for a civil war.If not today,eventually.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The plight of that ship reminds me of the movie 2010 and the spacecraft, crewed half by Russian and half by American personnel.

Those guys are just caught in the middle and trying to get home.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

PsykoOps
Meanwhile Uk & US are bound by treaties to protect ukrainian soverignity. Ukrain gave up it's nuclear arsenal for this protection. Now if US / Uk act it's likely ww3 scenario. If they don't that means that all developing countries will start a nuclear arms race since it's proven that treaties are not worth the paper they are printed on. Putin is being a major arse.

I agree - the U.S is obligated to protect the Ukraine. The U.S. Is also obligated to protect Japan from China (with the island dispute). Lots of smaller things are what lead to a world war. Although - no war is small, regional matters spread. No world war would have been allowed to happen in hindsight - would have been nipped in bud.

Thank you OP for real time updates.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

General Prosecutor of Ukraine outlawed decision on the referendum of the future of Crimea and Donetsk.(if they will be with Russia/with Ukraine/independent.)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
just waking up here and there seems to be something big going on.

can someone put into plain English what the hell is going on. just a basic update of the story so far...please.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

bellagirl
just waking up here and there seems to be something big going on.

can someone put into plain English what the hell is going on. just a basic update of the story so far...please.

Russia pulling faces at the Ukrainians...Ukranians pulling faces back....for now.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

The # is about to hit the fan over Ukraine.

Russians are in Crimea and reports say they are going to
go for Ukraine.

Security Council meeting in progress.

Dangerous times.

PS Screw Putin and his mobster mugs

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Simferopol Airport partially resumed work

But only for CIVILIAN flights.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

Technically you are correct there active tank is the T-64(highest quantity) which they have over 2200 in service.
They also have 10 T-84 which is there most modern tank.

My point is this isn't another Georgia, the Ukraine is big country by European standards, the most advanced weapons Nato could supply for anti-air would come to them via Poland.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Conflicting news:

Russia Today-Ukrainian Navy flagship takes Russia’s side – report LINK

Ukrainian News-Russian agency RIA Novosti has launched false information about alleged Ukrainian ship flagship Naval Forces of Ukraine, frigate "Hetman Sahaidachny". As a member of the crew of the frigate, the ship is under plan in Greece in Port on the island. Crete and on the ship all right," - he said. LINK

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have been watching the u.n meeting live on cnn.

Russia and America seem to throwing a lot of accusations at each other.

I get a rather bad feeling about this.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

neo96

Echtelion
Well, yet Putin did what Obama didn't with Lybia... he consulted the government's legislative assembly on having greenlight for military action.

How many decades has Putin been 'president' ?

Russia is in no way,shape or form a real 'democracy'.

They are ran by the mob, and the 'Don' Putin.

Russia is going in to Ukraine to reestablish it's puppet government.

Yeah reality is a pain, I knows...

Putin just did one decade, +5 years Prime Minister.

He was DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED, just like Obama, just like Merkel, just like Yanukovitch. If you wanna look for vote fraud you should have looked at the Bush regime in the first place when it was still time.

In Canada, Trudeau was in power for 17 years...

Tatcher: 15 years

Mitterand: 14 years

Helmut Kohl: 16 years

You do realize the hypocrisy of this old game of Dichotomy, no?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Read this in the comments section on Russia today-

Got word from a cousin in texas that the 2nd armored division and 1st cav. divisions are mobilizing similar to back at the start of the iraq war. He said they seemed to move more urgent this time.

Here

Can someone there is USA confirm this?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join