It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by asen_y2k

I live here in Ukraine for the last 6 years and married to an Ukrainian(who is more scary than Putin
)

My friend's wife is Moldovan, I would never want to $%#! with her..

edit on 3/1/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Putin: Russian citizens, troops threatened in Ukraine, need armed forces’ protection

LINK to RT

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I live here in Ukraine for the last 6 years and married to an Ukrainian(who is more scary than Putin )

With that comment you may have something far meaner than any Russian Army.

A mad wife...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

That is interesting in a lot of diff ways.
First of all because Russia does indeed have vast strategic interests in the region.
Plus the part about earthquakes and anorexic events is bizarre because of the connections.

The "Smell of Sulfur" equates to the 'dragon' also so do Earthquakes and Destruction in general.

So your posts remind me 'in theme' of the film : Reign of Fire
"The Battle Ignites" ?
Side link - Wicklow Mountains

Now look at this bizarre connection I just noticed at the bottom:

Reign of Fire was filmed in Ireland, in the Wicklow Mountains. They were only allowed to film there under the condition that they clean up entirely after themselves, without damaging the landscape. The film was shot at the time of an outbreak of foot and mouth disease in Europe which, due to restrictions in place, meant that many planned sequences could not be shot. The design and construction of the dead dragon were provided by Artem and the special visual effects provided by The Secret Lab.

Artem Special Effects website, "Registerd in England".

But the Wiki for Artem ?

Artem (Ukrainian: Артем) is a common Ukrainian male given name, it is not to be confused with the similar name Artyom which is spelled with the "ё" letter, giving a "YOM" ending sound.

It's commonly confused with Artyom apparently, as they are closely related and connected.

Artyom (Russian: Артём) is a male given name common in Russia and other Slavic-speaking countries. The name uses the "ё" letter, which can be transcribed in English as "e" but still has the "yo" sound. Furthering confusion there is another name Artem (Ukrainian: Артем), whose only spelling in English is "Artem", and is pronounced with the "em" ending syllable. "Artyom" is by far more common as an English spelling of the name than "Artem".[citation needed]

The name is derived from Ancient Greek name Artemisios (Greek: Αρτεμισιος),[1] meaning "dedicated to Artemis".

Artemis (myth)
Now let's check the Etymology section:

The name Artemis (noun, feminine) is of unknown or uncertain origin and etymology[7][8] although various ones have been proposed.[9][10] For example according to Jablonski,[10] the name is also Phrygian and could be "compared with the royal appellation Artemas of Xenophon. According to Charles Anthon the primitive root of the name is probably of Persian origin from arta*, art*, arte*,.. all meaning great, excellent, holy,.. thus Artemis "becomes identical with the great mother of Nature, even as she was worshipped at Ephesus".[10] Anton Goebel "suggests the root στρατ or ῥατ, "to shake," and makes Artemis mean the thrower of the dart or the shooter".[9] Babiniotis while accepting that the etymology is unknown, states that the name is already attested in Mycenean Greek and is possibly of pre-Hellenic origin.[8]

The name could also be possibly related to Greek árktos ‘bear’ (from PIE *h₂ŕ̥tḱos), supported by the bear cult that the goddess had in Attica (Brauronia) and the Neolithic remains at the Arkoudiotissa Cave, as well as the story about Callisto, which was originally about Artemis (Arcadian epithet kallisto);[11] this cult was a survival of very old totemic and shamanistic rituals and formed part of a larger bear cult found further afield in other Indo-European cultures (e.g., Gaulish Artio). It is believed that a precursor of Artemis was worshiped in Minoan Crete as the goddess of mountains and hunting, Britomartis. While connection with Anatolian names has been suggested,[12][13] the earliest attested forms of the name Artemis are the Mycenaean Greek a-te-mi-to and a-ti-mi-te, written in Linear B at Pylos.[14] Artemis was venerated in Lydia as Artimus.[15]

Ancient Greek writers, by way of folk etymology, and some modern scholars, have linked Artemis (Doric Artamis) to ἄρταμος, artamos, i.e. "butcher"[16][17] or, like Plato did in Cratylus, to ἀρτεμής, artemḗs, i.e. "safe", "unharmed", "uninjured", "pure", "the stainless maiden".[9][10][18]

Connections? A few I note immediately, Russia is symbolized as the "Bear".
Cult of Artemis Brauronia
Art-Arta means "Holy", as in the Golden Noose.
"Art of the Hunt" basically. A possible root suggested "To Shake", aka to Quake.

The Pure Maiden? Hmm...
Her mother is Leto, grandmother Phoebe

Her consort was her brother Coeus, with whom she had two daughters, Leto, who bore Apollo and Artemis, and Asteria, a star-goddess who bore an only daughter Hecate.[2] Given the meaning of her name and her association with the Delphic oracle, Phoebe was perhaps seen as the Titan goddess of prophecy and oracular intellect.

Through Leto, Phoebe was the grandmother of Apollo and Artemis. The names Phoebe and Phoebus (masculine) came to be applied as synonyms for Artemis and Apollo respectively (as well as for Selene and Helios).[3]

Tons of names and references in the wiki links, well worth pouring over a bit.
Also note Artemas of the Seventy Disciples...
edit on 1-3-2014 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

I live here in Ukraine for the last 6 years and married to an Ukrainian(who is more scary than Putin )

With that comment you may have something far meaner than any Russian Army.

A mad wife...
I hope his wife's not on ATS. lol

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

This might be worthy of you starting a new thread dedicated to your ideas you are posting. It doesn't blend well with a strictly breaking current news thread, as this one is.

JMOHO...

Des

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by muzzleflash

This might be worthy of you starting a new thread dedicated to your ideas you are posting. It doesn't blend well with a strictly breaking current news thread, as this one is.

JMOHO...

Des

Honestly, I kinda agree. It's cool information, but it's kinda lost in a strictly current events thread. I was going to post something, but didn't...glad you did.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is a thought...

Could Putin be doing this as a way to give the proverbial middle finger to the world for criticizing the way the Olympics were handled?

Anything is possible, although it is unlikely you never know.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Just hold on folks. Russian forces have not fired a shot. They are sending in troops to protect there interest. They have a lot of money tied up in the Ukraine. Sounds like most of the Ukrainians in that part of the country will be happy with what Putin is doing. Lets pray for the Ukrainians that there is not a shot fired that will be heard around the world.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Asen

Thank you so much for helping keep us informed with information many of us wouldn't be able to find on our own.
Thank you

You mentioned your wife does not share your opinion at the moment
As you have done and excellent job of presenting facts and news, some opinion would be also informative.

Can she sign up and post?

Or maybe you could sum up her perspective....

link   
Haven't seen this mentioned though I just found it on IntelliHub.

(INTELLIHUB) — According to translated news sources within the country, Ukraine interim representative threatened Russia with nuclear weapons, if Russia does not remove their troops from within the Ukrainian borders.
The Ukraine nuclear missile crisis has just begun
IntelliHub Source

If this is true Ukraine's new leaders may have just stepped over the line.
edit on 898pm3030pm22014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

link   
Did anyone else see this coming? Or was it just me?
It seems that History ALWAYS repeats itself... Especially over the last twenty toi twenty-five years.... Don't you think?
Give this post a quick look over....?

The Czar Shows His Cards

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

aarys
Just hold on folks. Russian forces have not fired a shot. They are sending in troops to protect there interest. They have a lot of money tied up in the Ukraine. Sounds like most of the Ukrainians in that part of the country will be happy with what Putin is doing. Lets pray for the Ukrainians that there is not a shot fired that will be heard around the world.

Are you sure of that? Who were the "heavily armed" unmarked forces that softened the airport. "Mercenaries," right...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

aarys

All of that has already been explained. There was no danger to their interests in the Ukraine. It was simply used as a pretext for invasion. And, until May, Crimea is still a part of the Ukraine. They didn't need to invade, as nothing was going to happen to their bases, anyway. They had plenty of naval personnel there, to protect their assets. And, the Ukrainians weren't going to let anything happen to the pipelines.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

aarys

The shots will be fired if at all first by the right wing extremists of Ukraine who have declared mobilization to Crimea. These are the same folks we saw attacking the special police forces of the ex President with weapons. This is what I deeply fear.

Infact yesterday night a detachment from Kiev went to Crimea. Only news we hear of them is 'there were gunshots heard'.
edit on 1/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Russian forces have not fired a shot. They are sending in troops to protect there interest.

Who are they protecting it from, as you said no shot has been fired.

The main interest is the naval base, and that really could be handled diplomatically if there is a problem, no need for the buildup that they have.

And why ask for permission to send more troops somewhere they are already based unless you have a more nefarious plot brewing.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

UKRAINE ASKS protection in the EU, the U.S. and NATO - Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine called for EU, U.S. and NATO to consider all possible means to protect the territorial integrity of Ukraine.

This was stated by Foreign Minister Andrei Deshchitsa at a briefing on Saturday evening in Kiev, "Interfax-Ukraine".

"Also, we transferred the appeal to NATO to consider the use of all opportunities to protect the territorial integrity of Ukraine's sovereignty to protect the Ukrainian people and the protection of nuclear facilities are located in Ukraine," - said Dieschitz.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I was just thinking it is going to be very interesting, from a historical point of view, how Poland reacts to all of this. They are situated directly on the western border with Ukraine, and have a large military. They, of all the nations in the world, know that Russia can't always be trusted.

I'm sure the Polish people, at this very moment, have a very good understanding of what the Ukrainian people are going through.
edit on 1-3-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

(INTELLIHUB) — According to translated news sources within the country, Ukraine interim representative threatened Russia with nuclear weapons, if Russia does not remove their troops from within the Ukrainian borders.
reply to post by Bassago

That would be hard to do when you don't have any nuclear weapons.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

asen_y2k

UKRAINE ASKS protection in the EU, the U.S. and NATO - Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine called for EU, U.S. and NATO to consider all possible means to protect the territorial integrity of Ukraine.

This was stated by Foreign Minister Andrei Deshchitsa at a briefing on Saturday evening in Kiev, "Interfax-Ukraine".

"Also, we transferred the appeal to NATO to consider the use of all opportunities to protect the territorial integrity of Ukraine's sovereignty to protect the Ukrainian people and the protection of nuclear facilities are located in Ukraine," - said Dieschitz.

If at all possible. Can you also provide your sources. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join