It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 457
<< 454  455  456    458  459  460 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Another Ukrainian Army convoy blocked by local people in Lugansk region yesterday

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Slovakia and Ukraine agree over gas supply

Slovakia and Ukraine have reached a deal that will allow gas from Central Europe to reach Ukraine via Slovakia.

Under the deal Slovakia will reinstate a disused pipeline that will be capable of supplying 3 billion cubic metres (bcm) of gas a year to Ukraine.

Ukraine has been looking for alternatives to Russian gas, which last year accounted for around a half of its 55bcm consumption. In April, German energy firm RWE began deliveries of gas via Poland.

Under that deal RWE can supply up to 10bcm of gas a year. Russia has almost doubled the price of gas for Ukraine, following the toppling of pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovich in February. Also, Ukraine owes Russian gas firm, Gazprom $2.2bn (£1.3bn) for supplies of gas.

The two nations are in dispute over that debt and Ukrainian officials are concerned that Gazprom could just cut off the nation's supply of gas. 'Energy security' Ukraine was hoping that Slovakia would be able to open more capacity, by reversing the direction of gas in the main pipeline from Russia to the West.

But Slovakian authorities are concerned that would break the terms of its contract with Gazprom. "I am convinced that this solution is the first possible and realistic one, and one which does not threaten the energy security of Slovakia and other EU countries," Slovak Economy Minister Tomas Malatinsky said in a statement, on Saturday. The operators of Ukraine's and Slovakia's pipelines are due to sign the supply deal in Bratislava on Monday.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Reports the right sector guys stormed the parliament in Ternopil region in western Ukraine. Some say they want to separate from Kiev. But does not make any sense.

Vid from the incident.

that is weird.
lets see if Junta is going to start with another anti-terrorist action, on the west this time.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
live stream from Slavynsk

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

07:57 GMT:
Local anti-government protesters in the town of Stakhanov, in the Lugansk region in eastern Ukraine, have gathered next to the building of city administration and are erecting barricades, local media reported.

On Saturday evening, some local people held a rally in Stakhanov and decided that they would form a militia and protect their town from Kiev-commanded troops and radical activists from the Right Sector nationalist group

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Any other news sources apart from RT and youtube ?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

RU troops near the Ukrainian border are now on combat status and can be deployed immediately- Ukrainian Admiral |EMPR pic.twitter.com/OeZZmVoiFN

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I spoke too soon. Report from Kramatorsk that several hundred armed men preparing to attack Kramatorsk air base

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

@AdrienJaulmes: #Ukraine TV building occupied by pro-russian activists in #Donetsk

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

RU troops near the Ukrainian border are now on combat status and can be deployed immediately- Ukrainian Admiral |EMPR pic.twitter.com/OeZZmVoiFN

Bluff or are they getting ready?
I am going to opt for my gut feeling... Russia is bluffing.
Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Live stream of the TV center being stormed
edit on 27/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Just my opinion.

Or could be Ukrainian propaganda.

Then there is this from few days back. Massive movement of Russian troops right upto the borders.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

@BSpringnote: I spoke way too soon. Word separatists may have taken tv station in Donetsk and about 1000 pro Russia protestors gathered in Harkiv
Also reports of a lot more armed men at checkpoints in Kramatorsk, mainly near the airfield.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Just my opinion.

I agree. Putin looks increasingly freaked out in his TV appearances. He was so delusional he thought no-one would dare call his bluff. The fact that Ukraine has started to deploy militarily after visits by high ranking US officials suggests that the US has agreed to back Ukraine militarily, perhaps with intelligence and air support as was done in North Africa. Putin knows he cannot win such a confrontation, and may end up losing Kaliningrad and the Kyril Islands if he tries.
edit on 27-4-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

edit on 27-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT

If they are Russians and not wearing uniforms, they are considered "partisans" under the terms of the Geneva Convention. Barbaric as it sounds, this was perfectly legal. Putin needs to play by the rules if he expects his troops to be treated with human decency.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

I call BS on this, Russia knows it's walking a very thin line, and so far has been more or less playing by the book. They aren't gonna risk such actions and get the whole world on their neck.

Syria 2.0 pick your cup of propaganda.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

@DimaMiryan: #Ukraine's ministry of Defense: 3 massive groups of #Russian army are ready to take action any moment.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Admiral: powerful Russian army next to the border. Invasion is possible

Three potent group of Russian forces near Ukrainian border are put on high alert. About this former Deputy Chief of Staff MAT, Admiral Igor Kabanenko, wrote on Facebook.

Identified three potent group of Russian forces, which are put on high alert at our borders and in the Crimea, “North”, “Center” and “South”. The movement of troops shows on their preparations for something.

This “something” soon may be :

1. Continuation of ” swing” at our borders with the aim of intimidation and provocation, at the same time expanding zones of instability using the Russian special forces (commandos).

2. Invasion under the guise of “peacekeeping operations” in order to take over Dnepropetrovsk (main), Odessa and Kiev, occupation relevant territories of Ukraine.

All this will be accompanied by information-psychological attack, aimed at our military and people.

edit on 27-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 454  455  456    458  459  460 >>

join