It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 455
<< 452  453  454    456  457  458 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

'There new mayor is likely to wind up on Interpol lists by the end of the week.I know you think violence is ok but in the civilized world you try not to mistreat your prisoners and when you do those people go to jail for breaking the rules.'
Lol I missed this gem.

Abu Ghraib torture procedure ring a bell?
Guantanamo Bay inhumane conditions ring a bell?
CIA torture chambers throughout Eastern Europe ring a bell?
We can go all day long.

As I said you guys are the last bunch of people on this planet who can talk about int. law and Geneva Convention.

And what happened in abu ghraib the went to jail anyone that was in a picture spent time in Fort Leavenworth this is the US military prison. Thats why you dont parade around people you torture. Thank you for proving my point.
edit on 4/27/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica
a reply to: dragonridr

Ok I see. That was a while ago.

Interesting. Thanks

Other thing you dont beat them than parade them in front of the press that was stupid you can still see the dried blood around there face. Bad move but i noticed they keep doing incredibly stupid things. This means members of Alpha will be inspired to inflict pain when they get a chance and something tells me they will. If you beat them you definitely dont parade them out in public you say there being treated well. Unfortunately in that part of the world interrogations are especially brutal.

quite contrary to what you said. Nothing stupid about it.
These guys have infiltrated Pro-Russian area aiming to gather some intelligence about militia in the area and allegedly to abduct militia boss. This presentation is suppose to be a warning to all others who are in the area, I believe there is 4 more as a part of the team, or planning to sneak in. 'You will be caught, do not even think about it' sort of message. Psy Ops.

Yeah you dont parade around people you tortured makes it easier for the war crime charges that will come later. These people are doing nothing but ending up with very long jail sentences when its over. There only hope is for Russia to invade they better pray for it.Because if they dont they ruined the rest of there lives capturing UN personnel. Violating geneva convention while at the same time trying to use it claiming they are POWs. There new mayor is likely to wind up on Interpol lists by the end of the week.I know you think violence is ok but in the civilized world you try not to mistreat your prisoners and when you do those people go to jail for breaking the rules.

I find it amusing how you like to exaggerate things. You quite enjoy doing it, don't you?
Please let us know what UN personnel has been captured so far?

The OSCE observers were taken hostage and offered as a prisoner exchange. The OSCE is there under mandate by the UN. Therefore they are UN personnel and are used as a reporting body of the UN. Get this there sent to the US even to monitor our elections. There also the ones that write those human rights violations by the US you love so much.

Outright lie.
OSCE is not there under mandate of UN. Completely different bodies.
The funny thing about military 'OSCE observers' is that all of them are from NATO countries.
So their involvement is questionable and it is being investigated. Do not worry they will be released.
It is just a play game.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Awesome Post Xcathdra on the previous page.

Like I said its good to see both angles. And what I would see as an completely out in space observer, is both sides and everyone in the middle are losers. Everybody.

But the situation exists. I say let eastern Ukraine have their state and west theirs.

U.S go home. Russia go home. NATO stop inching towards Russia. Don't tell me its just the countries wanting to join. No its obviously to gain as much territorial land and foothold

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Interesting. Thanks

Other thing you dont beat them than parade them in front of the press that was stupid you can still see the dried blood around there face. Bad move but i noticed they keep doing incredibly stupid things. This means members of Alpha will be inspired to inflict pain when they get a chance and something tells me they will. If you beat them you definitely dont parade them out in public you say there being treated well. Unfortunately in that part of the world interrogations are especially brutal.

These guys have infiltrated Pro-Russian area aiming to gather some intelligence about militia in the area and allegedly to abduct militia boss. This presentation is suppose to be a warning to all others who are in the area, I believe there is 4 more as a part of the team, or planning to sneak in. 'You will be caught, do not even think about it' sort of message. Psy Ops.

Yeah you dont parade around people you tortured makes it easier for the war crime charges that will come later. These people are doing nothing but ending up with very long jail sentences when its over. There only hope is for Russia to invade they better pray for it.Because if they dont they ruined the rest of there lives capturing UN personnel. Violating geneva convention while at the same time trying to use it claiming they are POWs. There new mayor is likely to wind up on Interpol lists by the end of the week.I know you think violence is ok but in the civilized world you try not to mistreat your prisoners and when you do those people go to jail for breaking the rules.

I find it amusing how you like to exaggerate things. You quite enjoy doing it, don't you?

The OSCE observers were taken hostage and offered as a prisoner exchange. The OSCE is there under mandate by the UN. Therefore they are UN personnel and are used as a reporting body of the UN. Get this there sent to the US even to monitor our elections. There also the ones that write those human rights violations by the US you love so much.

Outright lie.
The funny thing about military 'OSCE observers' is that all of them are from NATO countries.
So their involvement is questionable and it is being investigated. Do not worry they will be released.
It is just a play game.

Is this what RT tells you or do you not understand the word mandate? When UN requests you to be there that is called a mandate. When you report to the UN with your report again that is a mandate. When the un uses said report for example talking about conditions in Crimea like they recently did they take the information from the OSCE and used it. This is all very clear to the rest of the world not so clear to the pro moscow idiots who decided to hold them hostage however. I can all but guarantee the report to the UN isnt going to be nice to them after holding the people that will write the report hostage. Oh and so you know how little you seem to know about the real world Russia is a member so yeah there mostly NATO countries. I suggest you have the internet try to use it your current news sources dont seem to be working for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

'There new mayor is likely to wind up on Interpol lists by the end of the week.I know you think violence is ok but in the civilized world you try not to mistreat your prisoners and when you do those people go to jail for breaking the rules.'
Lol I missed this gem.

We can go all day long.

As I said you guys are the last bunch of people on this planet who can talk about int. law and Geneva Convention.

And what happened in abu ghraib the went to jail anyone that was in a picture spent time in Fort Leavenworth this is the US military prison. Thats why you dont parade around people you torture. Thank you for proving my point.

And see that is where the problem is. They should be prosecuted by International Tribunal for War Crimes in Hague not by US Military Court. But US does not allow its military personnel to be prosecuted for War Crimes.
Obviously they not want these crimes to be much publicized world wide. It would ruin US image.
I mean can you imagine a title in newspaper 'US army office prosecuted for war crimes in Iraq'.
God forbid.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Lol I missed this gem.

We can go all day long.

And see that is where the problem is. They should be prosecuted by International Tribunal for War Crimes in Hague not by US Military Court. But US does not allow its military personnel to be prosecuted for War Crimes.
Obviously they not want these crimes to be much publicized world wide. It would ruin US image.
I mean can you imagine a title in newspaper 'US army office prosecuted for war crimes in Iraq'.
God forbid.

Wrong no contry on the planet allows there military to be prosecuted for war crimes unless they loose a war. Russia does the same thing the only time international courts will get involved is if no punishment issued. Again you have the internet use it.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

The Military is subject to the UCMJ and not civilian laws.
The US does not recognize the ICC as it violates our Constitution.
The laws that cover the military have the Geneva conventions / other international treaties built into their legal system.
The concept of Universal Jurisdiction is a double edged sword.
When dealing with a military conflict / normal military relations between the US and other nations there is a term called status of forces agreement. In general it stipulates that anytime a member of the military violates the law, the military will have primary jurisdiction and the nation they are in will have secondary (lack of a better term). The US command can waive that and allow members of the military to be prosecuted under local laws.

The US is not the only nation who does this.

The purpose behind it, contrary to what's being insinuated, is to ensure the accused is prosecuted based on violation of the UCMJ / violation of ROE. What can be considered lawful by the military can be illegal to a tribunal.

US military is also protected by the US Constitution, which is the main basis for the incompatible links between the ICC.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Interesting. Thanks

Outright lie.
It is just a play game.

Is this what RT tells you or do you not understand the word mandate? When UN requests you to be there that is called a mandate. When you report to the UN with your report again that is a mandate. When the un uses said report for example talking about conditions in Crimea like they recently did they take the information from the OSCE and used it. This is all very clear to the rest of the world not so clear to the pro moscow idiots who decided to hold them hostage however. I can all but guarantee the report to the UN isnt going to be nice to them after holding the people that will write the report hostage. Oh and so you know how little you seem to know about the real world Russia is a member so yeah there mostly NATO countries. I suggest you have the internet try to use it your current news sources dont seem to be working for you.

Another outright lie. Actually lie might be a bit to harsh, lets say you are not well informed.
UN did not make any request for OSCE to be there, this is purely EU action.
OSCE has a special monitoring mission in Ukraine and their mandate is:
'The monitors are mandated to contribute to reducing tensions and to help foster peace, stability and security. The Mission engages with authorities at all levels, as well as civil society, ethnic and religious groups and local communities to facilitate dialogue on the ground. The Mission will gather information and report on the security situation, establish and report facts in response to specific incidents, including those concerning alleged violations of fundamental OSCE principles.'

www.osce.org...

There is no UN request for this, this is purely EU action.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Interesting. Thanks

Outright lie.
It is just a play game.

Another outright lie. Actually lie might be a bit to harsh, lets say you are not well informed.
'The monitors are mandated to contribute to reducing tensions and to help foster peace, stability and security. The Mission engages with authorities at all levels, as well as civil society, ethnic and religious groups and local communities to facilitate dialogue on the ground. The Mission will gather information and report on the security situation, establish and report facts in response to specific incidents, including those concerning alleged violations of fundamental OSCE principles.'

www.osce.org...

You continue to embarrass yourself please stop im feeling sorry for you at this point.

www.unmultimedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

lol so much about International laws you fellas defended a few posts back.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

lol so much about International laws you fellas defended a few posts back.

The UN treaties the US has signed and ratified become a part of the Federal Body of Law. The Head Money case established foreign treaties are subordinate to the Constitution.

The ICC is not part of the United Nations.
The ICC cannot force any nations to join it.
The ICC charter prohibits the ICC from being used against a non signatory nation.
The ICC can get involved in a nation who is not a member by the governments request.

try again...
edit on 27-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

And it continues were talking about Ukraine and those individuals being tried for war crimes. There actions are setting themselves up for international trial as i said you have the internet. Now the reason i know its coming and these pro Moscow people will end up with jail time is this because precedence has been set.

Ukraine accepts ICC jurisdiction over alleged crimes committed between 21 November 2013 and 22 February 2014
17/04/2014
​Today, 17 April 2014, the Registrar of the International Criminal Court (ICC), Herman von Hebel, received a declaration lodged by Ukraine accepting the ICC's jurisdiction with respect to alleged crimes committed in its territory from 21 November 2013 to 22 February 2014. The declaration was lodged under article 12(3) of the Rome Statute, the founding treaty of the ICC, which enables a State not party to the Statute to accept the exercise of jurisdiction of the Court.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Interesting. Thanks

Outright lie.
It is just a play game.

www.osce.org...

You continue to embarrass yourself please stop im feeling sorry for you at this point.

www.unmultimedia.org...

What you posted is related to events at Maidan, February 2014, what is your point?
Once again OSCE is not UN body, completely different organisation, they do not take orders from UN, it is all based on cooperation levels.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Interesting. Thanks

Outright lie.
It is just a play game.

www.osce.org...

www.unmultimedia.org...

What you posted is related to events at Maidan, February 2014, what is your point?
Once again OSCE is not UN body, completely different organisation, they do not take orders from UN, it is all based on cooperation levels.

Ok english may not be your first language so ill say when the un requests the OSCE to investigate Ukraine like was announced in the press conference from the UN building where the OSCE has offices that is called a mandate. Under a mandate they are working for the UN. Just like when the UN sends peace keepers into an area they dont have troops so they give whats called a mandate. That means you are working for the UN at there request. As i said please stop.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
antimaidan protest in Odessa yesterday

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Interesting. Thanks

Outright lie.
It is just a play game.

www.osce.org...

www.unmultimedia.org...

Ok english may not be your first language so ill say when the un requests the OSCE to investigate Ukraine like was announced in the press conference from the UN building where the OSCE has offices that is called a mandate. Under a mandate they are working for the UN. Just like when the UN sends peace keepers into an area they dont have troops so they give whats called a mandate. That means you are working for the UN at there request. As i said please stop.

lol you have no idea what you are talking about. There is no request and there is no mandate. That would apply if OSCE is UN body. There can only be cooperation.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Interesting. Thanks

Outright lie.
It is just a play game.

www.osce.org...

www.unmultimedia.org...

Of course it is Ukraine has already excepted jurisdiction before this is called precedence meaning its happened before. Now dont you think when these people are arrested there going to try them in international court under war crimes act i guarantee they will. And these fools gave them evidence by parading out there hostages when you can see they were tortured. As i said thisis a huge bonehead move on there part you dont give eveidenceof a war crime on video you have to be an idiot.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Interesting. Thanks

Outright lie.
It is just a play game.

www.osce.org...

www.unmultimedia.org...

Of course it is Ukraine has already excepted jurisdiction before this is called precedence meaning its happened before. Now dont you think when these people are arrested there going to try them in international court under war crimes act i guarantee they will. And these fools gave them evidence by parading out there hostages when you can see they were tortured. As i said thisis a huge bonehead move on there part you dont give eveidenceof a war crime on video you have to be an idiot.

there is only a small problem here, these guys are part of winning side, so war crimes do not apply in here.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Not to mention an actual state of war is required for war crimes.

However I am almost positive there are people in this thread who maintain Russia did not invade Ukraine. Are you changing your position or?

Ukrainian Updates ‏@Ukroblogger · 8m
www.youtube.com... … #Russians claim holding 3 #Ukrainian anti-terror officers #Sloviansk #Slovyansk #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/NFvyKgbeN4

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 19m
Not one comment from Lavrov and Putin about the use of kidnapping, torture, murder in UKR & Crimea by RU "protectors" pic.twitter.com/sWb7lPDwgE

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

#Gunmen from the #RightSector put up a #checkpoint on the road connecting #Transdniestria with #Odessa. Media reports say.

<< 452  453  454    456  457  458 >>

join