It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 458
<< 455  456  457    459  460  461 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT

@DimaMiryan: #Ukraine's ministry of Defense: 3 massive groups of #Russian army are ready to take action any moment.

Honestly, how many times have the Ukrainians been saying by now Russia is ready to invade? Look trough this thread and count them. Every damn day some Ukrainian is sending a warning Russia is about to invade.

In the mean time they are using military personal to eradicate their former civilians. The "government" in Kiev is clearly not fit to lead. No experience what so ever.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Here is a timeline of the main events so far:

Nov 30: Riot police try to break up the Kiev demonstration by force. Protest turns against Yanukovich and his government.

DECEMBER

Protests continue with crowds of up to 800,000. Some clashes with police. Opposition forms bloc called Maidan.

Yanukovich and Putin meet, Putin agrees to buy $15 billion of Ukrainian debt and to slash by a third the price of Russian gas supplies to Ukraine.

JANUARY

* Jan 22: Three people die in protests in Kiev. EU threatens action over crisis. Talks between opposition, Yanukovich fail.

* Jan 23: Washington threatens sanctions over violence.

* Jan 26: Unrest spreads to pro-Yanukovich east.

FEBRUARY

Anti-government protests turn increasingly violent. At least 77 people killed in clashes between demonstrators and police.

* Feb 21: Opposition leaders sign EU-mediated peace pact with Yanukovich.

* Feb 22: Ukraine's parliament votes to remove Yanukovich, who flees. Arch-rival Yulia Tymoshenko released from jail.

* Feb 26: Ukraine appoints new government. Angry Russia puts 150,000 troops on high alert.

* Feb 27-28: Armed men seize Crimea parliament, raise Russian flag. Militia take control of two airports in Crimea.

MARCH

* March 1: Putin wins parliamentary approval to invade Ukraine, angering the White House. Russian forces fan out in Crimea.

* March 6: Crimea's leadership votes to join Russia. U.S. President Barack Obama orders sanctions on those responsible for Moscow's actions in Ukraine.

EU leaders hold emergency summit to find ways to pressure Russia to back down and accept mediation.

* March 15: Two killed in clashes between pro-Russian demonstrators and Ukrainian nationalists.

* March 16: Referendum held in Crimea, shows overwhelming support for joining the Russian Federation.

* March 21: Putin signs laws completing annexation of Crimea. The U.S. imposes sanctions on Putin's close allies, EU follows with similar measures.

* March 23: NATO says Russia has amassed a large force at Ukraine's border.

To take stock of events .. here is a time line of the main events.

* March 24: Ukraine pulls troops from Crimea.

APRIL

* April 2: NATO suspends cooperation with Russia.

* April 7: Pro-Russia activists in eastern Ukraine proclaim the creation of the "Donetsk People's Republic".

* April 12: Separatists take control of city of Slaviansk in eastern Ukraine. Kiev prepares troops.

* April 13: One Ukrainian state security officer killed and five wounded in operation against separatists.

* April 14: Obama warns Putin in phone call that Moscow would face further costs for its actions in Ukraine.

* April 17: Pro-Russian separatists seize armoured vehicles of Ukraine forces trying to recapture rebel-controlled town.

* April 18: The United States, Russia, Ukraine and the EU reach deal for illegal armed groups to disarm and end occupations of public buildings and spaces.

* April 19: Separatists say they will not sign deal until the Kiev government steps down.

* April 24: Ukraine sends in troops again to try to expel the separatists in Slaviansk, kill five rebels.

* April 25: Ukrainian forces mount full blockade of Slaviansk. Separatists detain group of international observers, say a Kiev "spy" among them.

* April 26: G7 leaders agree to impose extra sanctions on Russia over Ukraine.

(Compiled by Gabriela Baczynska, Pavel Polityuk and Raissa Kasolowsky)
edit on Sun, 27 Apr 2014 08:58:38 -0500588America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

According to #Ukrainian media, unidentified men attacked an arms arsenal under #Slavyansk. Battle continues, there are wounded people.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It's looking like all the warmongers in Washington are possibly getting their wish granted very soon. Sigh...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Slovakia and Ukraine agree over gas supply

Not so fast !

The Ukraine kept cutting the electrical power off to the Crimea but Russia steped in and should have that all but fixed quite soon now so then the Ukraine cut the water off saying that Crimera had not paid it water bill so Russia steped in and said it would pay the bill up front but the Ukraine refused.

The right wing in the Ukraine hold power on the streets and could blow the gas pipes tomorrow to hit Russia in the pocket, this has not happened so it must be the west telling them not to "Pull it" but I would not be sure they will listen unless they are given more power in the Ukraine.

Russia so far is still holding a gas bill owed by the Ukraine and are stil giving the Ukraine credit but if this phony war is real like people say then then Russia would had taken moved to stop selling Gas to the Ukraine and let Germany tell the Ukraine not to switch the pipes off don't you think.

What Russia could do is meter the gas pumped into the pipes and bill Europe for the full amount and then let Europe deal with the Ukraine for any gas that went missing en-route.

Phony war I tell you.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

When people are dying .. i don't see how this can be called a phoney war.
I don't believe in the pupper masters.

This is a real confrontation of idealogy.. same one that Russia V West has been in for centuries.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

#Lugansk gave ultimatum to #Kiev - they want #Russian lang recognized, a #referendum & amnesty to those arrested or they will take measures

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Thats nothing and according to some Russia attacked months ago.

Russia did send tanks into the Crimea after the people voted to stay with Russia and one person got killed during the elections but that's no invasion by any strech of the imagination.

Any military attack would invloved tanks fireing shells, jets and bombers droping bombs or at least machine guns killing hundreds of defending troops. If the Ukraine has been invaded then Europe has been invaded because we have more american bases in Europe than anyone.

What chance do you have trying to debate with people who are seeing thnings in their heads or do you think they have been playing world of warcraft a little too long.

if/when we seen a Russian invasion into the Ukraine then I don't think anyone will be arguing about what an invasion looks like because we have seen vietnam, Iraq, Libia,Afganistan (won naff all) on our TV screens and I would not like to guess what Russian "Shock & Awe" would look like but given that the USA is trying to apply sanctions to Russia which is an act of war then Russia won't need to come up with a feable excuse like invisibale WMD like our banker puppets in Washington used to attack Iraq.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Russia did send tanks into the Crimea after the people voted to stay with Russia and one person got killed during the elections but that's no invasion by any strech of the imagination.

So when Russia sent tanks and troops into Czechoslovakia in 1968, that was not an invasion either. Tell me, kind sir, if sending tanks and troops into another sovereign country is not an invasion what, pray tell, is it exactly? Go ahead, stretch my imagination.

edit on 27-4-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

When people are dying .. i don't see how this can be called a phoney war.
I don't believe in the pupper masters.

86 people got killed at the start by their own side in Kiev, Russia has been screaming to the UN for an investigation and has a leaked recording to back up these alligations. This I call murder, not war since they were not shoot by the army.

In the east we have about ten dead so far for demanding a vote since they don't have an elected government in Kiew but I won't call it murder since it was the right wing attacking armyed protestors with guns with the military backing them up so one side was fighting with one hand tied behind their backs.

This is not war and you will know it if/when you see it.

This is a real confrontation of idealogy.. same one that Russia V West has been in for centuries.

The clash is between Muslims and the west, Not Russia and in fact we in Europe have been getting on quite well with Russia for the past 20 years until the USA poked it's nose in because Russia and Germany was getting along just a little too fine.

Do you see any protestors in France, UK, Germany, Spain on the streets demanding that our governments takes action against Russia because I don't but you might find protestors on the streets telling the USA to pack it's bag in Europe and to leave us alone and hopefuly a lot of american tax payers will also take up the call across the pond.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Pro-#Russian activists plan to storm the airport of #Kramotorsk in south east of #Ukraine, acc to liberal tv channel Dozhd

The airport is currently controlled by #Ukrainian army & reports say that the pro-#Russian activists are outnumbering the Ukrainian forces

They are now calling on the #Kiev gov't to send in more troops but Kiev has not yet sent anything

A reporter on the ground says the #Ukrainian army is surrounded.

edit on 27/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

@shishkinp: Donetsk TV tower seized with no resistance, being switched to pro-Kremlin channel now. #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Maxim Eristavi ‏@MaximEristavi 43m

#Kharkiv today: 7k at pro-Ukraine rally
pic.twitter.com/YnonbiV5Q5

vs 500-600 at separatist demo
www.youtube.com...

via local media

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
So when Russia sent tanks and troops into Czechoslovakia in 1968, that was not an invasion either. Tell me, kind sir, if sending tanks and troops into another sovereign country is not an invasion what, pray tell, is it exactly? Go ahead, stretch my imagination.

I will try to anser but you will have to help me first because I don't pretend to know much about that conflict.

1. Did the people of the Czechoslovakia vote to let Russia in by 96% before opening the roads?
2. Did Russia have hundreds of tanks or above 10,000 men marcing down the road.
3. Did these invaders vanish into the night or stay on the streets to be seen by all.
4. How many people died on the day of the invasion at the hands of Russians, not killed by own side
5. Were the people united in screaming for international protection from Europe/USA

Option 1 Excludes the Crimea from being an invasion but feel free to make a case for the Ukraine

Since you are trying to split hairs did you know that an un used oil platform off the coast of Kent was invaded by I think 4 men and the owner/squater who lived on the rig landed back on the rig via helicopter, took out his gun and posession back of the rig and held a few people in jail for a few month. I think he was ex-SS and the rig even produced its own stamps and isued passports, worth billions and was on the market last time I looked

en.wikipedia.org...

Hope that stretch your imagination kind sir
edit on 27-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: Toe need a link, didn't think it was true

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

@lennutrajektoor: SBU Alpha & IF Omega in #Kramatorsk airfield took to positions, expect armed attack. Strategical premise. #Ukraine t.co...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Maxim Eristavi @MaximEristavi
Clashes broke out in #Kharkiv b/w pro-Ukraine & pro-Russia protesters
pic.twitter.com/XfAEHjgMK6
t.co...
t.co...

pic.twitter.com...
pic.twitter.com...
pic.twitter.com...
edit on Sun0000003011614 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

edit on Sunu3011614 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Kharkiv Maidan stream:

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
www.rbc.ua...

In Donetsk flag " Donetsk People's Republic " has been removed from the building TRC - MIA

In Donetsk flag self-proclaimed " People's Republic of Donetsk " removed from the building of the regional broadcasting company , where he was previously installed in an attempt to capture the building. This is stated in the press service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.

" In Donetsk, the protesters are near the building of the regional state TV and radio . Public order and they do not break into a conflict with the police , who are there service , do not come . Situation is under control enforcers. Currently activists are near the building on the street DGTRK . Flag DNR , which hung on the building of Television and Radio activists removed , "- said in a statement .

Remember, today , April 27, 2014 , after a meeting of supporters of the so-called People's Republic of Donetsk , which took place on Lenin Square , a column of protesters in the amount of 200-300 people went to the regional state broadcasting company , to establish control over her work.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

@PaulaSlier_RT: All quiet - chatting to self Defence guy at #Kramatorsk Air Force checkpoint - he says there was an alarm around midday for field fire
Nothing going on in Kramatorsk.
edit on 27-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 455  456  457    459  460  461 >>

join