It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 454
<< 451  452  453    455  456  457 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Not sure if this been posted but. . .

Here's the Three members of Ukraine’s special anti-terrorist unit Alpha

Three Ukraine elite Alpha group agents captured in Donetsk region

Their task reportedly was to abduct one of the self-defense force leaders, Igor Bezler, whose group is controlling the local police department in Gorlovka, but instead they were captured themselves.

During questioning, the detained officers revealed that a special unit that has infiltrated the city comprised of seven men.

Strange -

One of the detainees hinted that they were afraid for the wellbeing of their families. “If I did something wrong,” he said, “I think nothing good would happen to my family.” Although there were no direct threats to their families, he said that was because the “mechanism was not launched” as they were abiding by orders.

"Mechanism was not launched" - any ideas?
edit on 27-4-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica
Not sure if this been posted but. . .

Here's the Three members of Ukraine’s special anti-terrorist unit Alpha

Three Ukraine elite Alpha group agents captured in Donetsk region

Their task reportedly was to abduct one of the self-defense force leaders, Igor Bezler, whose group is controlling the local police department in Gorlovka, but instead they were captured themselves.

During questioning, the detained officers revealed that a special unit that has infiltrated the city comprised of seven men.

Strange -

One of the detainees hinted that they were afraid for the wellbeing of their families. “If I did something wrong,” he said, “I think nothing good would happen to my family.” Although there were no direct threats to their families, he said that was because the “mechanism was not launched” as they were abiding by orders.

"Mechanism was not launched" - any ideas?

Dont listen to anything they would say if they truly are spc ops if captured your job becomes confuse and delay your captors. You feed them any and any BS you can convince them something else is really going on. As long as your talking your still alive there buying time im sure.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Any ideas on: "Mechanism was not launched"?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Any ideas on: "Mechanism was not launched"?

It has something to do with ukrainian operations it was mentioned before as well.

Klitschko: All possible mechanisms must be launched to free Colonel Mamchur

This was the colonel captured in Crimea so it has something to do with there military operations if i had to guess is say in our military its the same as saying assets must be readied or in this case they werent.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Ok I see. That was a while ago.

Interesting. Thanks

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Interesting. Thanks

Other thing you dont beat them than parade them in front of the press that was stupid you can still see the dried blood around there face. Bad move but i noticed they keep doing incredibly stupid things. This means members of Alpha will be inspired to inflict pain when they get a chance and something tells me they will. If you beat them you definitely dont parade them out in public you say there being treated well. Unfortunately in that part of the world interrogations are especially brutal.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

US Mission to NATO ‏@USNATO · 9m
Assistant Secretary @Malinowski on UN High Commissioner for Human Rights on Crimea: goo.gl... | Report: goo.gl...

One unfortunate effect – and perhaps intent – of the Russian government’s threats against eastern Ukraine has been to divert the world’s attention from the part of Ukraine it has already seized.

On April 15, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights issued a report on Crimea documenting what the Russian government has tried to hide by denying international monitors access to Crimea: the imprisonment, torture, and killings of Crimean citizens who opposed Russia’s illegal annexation of the peninsula prior to the March referendum.

The world is already familiar with some of the more horrific reports that have emerged in recent weeks, such as the discovery on March 18 of the body of Crimean Tatar activist Reshat Ametov two weeks after he had been abducted, bearing clear evidence of abuse. On March 25, Human Rights Watch reported that two Euromaidan activists in Crimea had been kidnapped and brutally tortured by Russian and local forces in secret facilities for 11 days.
- See more at: blogs.state.gov...

Click link for remainder of article.
list of human rights issues listed in report.

This is a bit weird -

RT ‏@RT_com · 39m
Airborne gunmen attack Ukrainian militia checkpoint near weapons depot - WATCH @PaulaSlier_RT's report here: on.rt.com...

US Mission to NATO ‏@USNATO · 22m
Vice President Biden’s Call with Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka of the Czech Republic: goo.gl... #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

US Mission to NATO ‏@USNATO · 4m
US 48th Air Expeditionary Group conducting Baltic Air Policing over #Lithuania | More photos: goo.gl... pic.twitter.com/Tfk6FwYgYb

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yeah im trying to make sense of the RT report the reporter is claiming right sectoris trying to attack a military base that is being held by the Ukrainian military and the people out front are there to protect the Ukrainian base. Am i missing something here or is that just way screwed up.

A more likely scenario to me would be the people in the base requested some help and they brought some people inby helicopter to disperse them but even that doesnt make sense since they have fires going and it would be easy to take them out they made themselves the perfect targets. So that being said im voting nothing happened and we have a bunch of drunk people banging on barrels and partying.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
For those wanting more information on this issue -

MFA - Ministry Foreign Affairs for the countries impacted by the situation.
Several media sources - West / EU / Russia / Middle East
Individuals - John Kerry, Putin, Samantha powers (US amb to UN), Head of Nato, high profile media persons.
Entities - United Nations / IMF / OSCE

Twitter Feeds

Nations
MFA Bulgaria twitter.com...
MFA Armenia twitter.com...
MFA Cyprus twitter.com...
MFA Albania twitter.com...
MFA Azerbaijan twitter.com...
MFA Kazakhstan twitter.com...
MFA Estonia twitter.com...
MFA Slovakia twitter.com...
MFA Latvia twitter.com...
MFA Moldova twitter.com...
MFA Belarus twitter.com...
MFA Slovenia twitter.com...
MFA Austria twitter.com...
MFA Belgium twitter.com...
MFA Poland twitter.com...
MFA Turkey twitter.com...
MFA Japan twitter.com...
MFA Lithuania twitter.com...
MFA Sweden twitter.com...
MFA Norway twitter.com...
MFA Ukraine - twitter.com...
MFA Russia twitter.com...
MFA Georgia twitter.com...
MFA France twitter.com...
MFA Norway twitter.com...
MFA China twitter.com...

Missions / Entities / NATO / United Nations
UK Delegation, NATO twitter.com...
German mission to UN twitter.com...
Atlantic Council twitter.com...
US Mission to NATO twitter.com...
UK mission to UN New York twitter.com...
US Mission to UN twitter.com...
UN News Center twitter.com...
UN Human Rights twitter.com...
UN Political Affairs twitter.com...
OSCE - twitter.com...
UN Spokesperson - twitter.com...
NATO twitter.com...
Ukraine mission to UN twitter.com...
EU Delegation to Ukraine twitter.com...
Dept. of Def Ukraine twitter.com...
United Nations twitter.com...

High Profile Individuals
UK - William Hague - British Foreign Secretary - twitter.com...
US - John Kerry - US Secretary of State twitter.com...
NATO - Anders Foghr - Secretary General of NATO - twitter.com...
RF - PutinRF - English twitter.com...
RF - FM Lavrov twitter.com...
RF - UN Amb Churkin twitter.com...
GR - A. Merkel twitter.com...
RF - Dmitry Medvedev PM RF twitter.com...
US S. Powers US Amb to UN - twitter.com...

United States Government
Dept of Defense - US twitter.com...
US State Department twitter.com...
State Dept Travel twitter.com...

Canada
Canada Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development's - twitter.com...
Canada Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (FR) - twitter.com...

European Union
EU Council twitter.com...
EU Commission twitter.com...
France Diplomatic Office twitter.com...
German Diplomatic office twitter.com...
Govt. United Kingdom twitter.com...
France Diplomatic Office twitter.com...
German Diplomatic office twitter.com...
UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office twitter.com...
EU Council Press twitter.com...
European Union - twitter.com...
EU EEAS - twitter.com...
Number 10 Gov twitter.com...

Russian Federation
Russian Government twitter.com...
Kremlin twitter.com...
Crimea EU twitter.com...

Media Outlets
Reuters Moscow twitter.com...
France24 twitter.com...
BBC World News twitter.com...
AlArabiya English - twitter.com...
ABC World News twitter.com...
US Press Sec twitter.com...
MSNBC twitter.com...
AlJazeera live twitter.com...
SkyNews Breaking twitter.com...
SkyNews twitter.com...
CNBC twitter.com...
Voice of Russia twitter.com...
CNN International twitter.com...
Reuters Live twitter.com...
Christiane Amanpour - twitter.com...
EuroNews twitter.com...
NATO Source twitter.com...
Guardian World twitter.com...
Guardian News twitter.com...
AFP twitter.com...
RT America twitter.com...
RT twitter.com...
MaidanOnline twitter.com...
EuroMaiden English twitter.com...
KyivPost twitter.com...
BBC Daniels twitter.com...
Moscown Times twitter.com...
Ria_novosti twitter.com...
ITAR-TASS twitter.com...
FoxNews Breaking twitter.com...
The World Post twitter.com...
Breaking News twitter.com...
Ruptly twitter.com...
Euromaiden PR twitter.com...
Reuters twitter.com...
BBC Breaking twitter.com...
CNN Breaking twitter.com...
Xinhua China twitter.com...
China Daily (US) twitter.com...
edit on 27-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Interesting. Thanks

Other thing you dont beat them than parade them in front of the press that was stupid you can still see the dried blood around there face. Bad move but i noticed they keep doing incredibly stupid things. This means members of Alpha will be inspired to inflict pain when they get a chance and something tells me they will. If you beat them you definitely dont parade them out in public you say there being treated well. Unfortunately in that part of the world interrogations are especially brutal.

quite contrary to what you said. Nothing stupid about it.
These guys have infiltrated Pro-Russian area aiming to gather some intelligence about militia in the area and allegedly to abduct militia boss. This presentation is suppose to be a warning to all others who are in the area, I believe there is 4 more as a part of the team, or planning to sneak in. 'You will be caught, do not even think about it' sort of message. Psy Ops.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

Regardless of sides - The use of / parading of captured individuals is a violation of international law as well as the Geneva Conventions.

If anyone has more links to add to the reference twitter post let me know and I will add em.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

Interesting. Thanks

These guys have infiltrated Pro-Russian area aiming to gather some intelligence about militia in the area and allegedly to abduct militia boss. This presentation is suppose to be a warning to all others who are in the area, I believe there is 4 more as a part of the team, or planning to sneak in. 'You will be caught, do not even think about it' sort of message. Psy Ops.

Yeah you dont parade around people you tortured makes it easier for the war crime charges that will come later. These people are doing nothing but ending up with very long jail sentences when its over. There only hope is for Russia to invade they better pray for it.Because if they dont they ruined the rest of there lives capturing UN personnel. Violating geneva convention while at the same time trying to use it claiming they are POWs. There new mayor is likely to wind up on Interpol lists by the end of the week.I know you think violence is ok but in the civilized world you try not to mistreat your prisoners and when you do those people go to jail for breaking the rules.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: cosmonova

Regardless of sides - The use of / parading of captured individuals is a violation of international law as well as the Geneva Conventions.

If anyone has more links to add to the reference twitter post let me know and I will add em.

Lets not go that way (international laws, Geneva Convention) as we would need another 450 pages to list violations of int.laws and Geneva Convention by your Government.

One thing that makes you wonder about Kiev Junta.
On one side they are engaging mercenaries and paying big bucks for their services.
like this fella for example, he was involved in shady business in Iraq in 2003, as noted on his uniform.
www.youtube.com...

and on the other hand you have Junta asking people of Ukraine for donations for cash-stripped army.
I have also posted a clip about some army units left on their own with no food and other supply and if not for local people they would starve.

'The cash-stripped Ukrainian Interior Ministry is asking the public for donations to equip the newly formed special forces. It is offering a place in a public commission, which would control the cash flow, to biggest donors.

The ministry has recruited 8,000 out of a planned 12,000 troops since April 13, when Interior Minister Arsen Avakov decided to form the new units in response to the wave of protests in eastern Ukraine. But it lacks the money to properly equip them, it said in a statement.

“The state budget allocates funds for the functioning of the special units of the Interior Ministry. But in they are not enough in the circumstance of rigid resource saving, state spending sequestering and an economic war unleashed by the Russian Federation,” the statement said.

The list of what the troops need includes bulletproof vests, Kevlar helmets, communication equipment, transport and even underwear, linen and soap.

The ministry says it accepts both money donations and actual body armor and hygiene products. It pledges a transparent mechanism for spending the donations with monthly reports and offers seats at a public commission, which would control the cash flow, to sponsors who donate more than 100,000 hryvnas (nearly $9,000).'

rt.com...

Hygiene products donations FOR ARMY on one side and top bucks for mercenaries on the other side? WTF?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Interesting. Thanks

Yeah you dont parade around people you tortured makes it easier for the war crime charges that will come later. These people are doing nothing but ending up with very long jail sentences when its over. There only hope is for Russia to invade they better pray for it.Because if they dont they ruined the rest of there lives capturing UN personnel. Violating geneva convention while at the same time trying to use it claiming they are POWs. There new mayor is likely to wind up on Interpol lists by the end of the week.I know you think violence is ok but in the civilized world you try not to mistreat your prisoners and when you do those people go to jail for breaking the rules.

I find it amusing how you like to exaggerate things. You quite enjoy doing it, don't you?
Please let us know what UN personnel has been captured so far?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
'There new mayor is likely to wind up on Interpol lists by the end of the week.I know you think violence is ok but in the civilized world you try not to mistreat your prisoners and when you do those people go to jail for breaking the rules.'

Lol I missed this gem.

Abu Ghraib torture procedure ring a bell?
Guantanamo Bay inhumane conditions ring a bell?
CIA torture chambers throughout Eastern Europe ring a bell?
We can go all day long.

As I said you guys are the last bunch of people on this planet who can talk about int. law and Geneva Convention.
edit on 27-4-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

As I said you guys are the last bunch of people on this planet who can talk about int. law and Geneva Convention.

27k Polish military members would disagree. So would 20 million Russians.

EU Crimean Tatar ‏@CrimeaEU · 3m
Bank of Russia hikes rates as inflation soars usat.ly... via @USATODAY

EU Crimean Tatar ‏@CrimeaEU · 5m
Ukraine crisis: Russian military aircraft crossed border 'to provoke war', PM Arseniy Yatsenyuk says mobile.abc.net.au... … via @abcnews

Maybe they shouldn't jerk people around with gas supplies -

EU Crimean Tatar ‏@CrimeaEU · 6m
BBC News - Russia fears Crimea water shortage as supply drops www.bbc.com...

EU Crimean Tatar ‏@CrimeaEU · 7m
For Russia, Negatives Seem to Outweigh Positives of an Invasion nyti.ms...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Interesting. Thanks

I find it amusing how you like to exaggerate things. You quite enjoy doing it, don't you?
Please let us know what UN personnel has been captured so far?

The OSCE observers were taken hostage and offered as a prisoner exchange. The OSCE is there under mandate by the UN. Therefore they are UN personnel and are used as a reporting body of the UN. Get this there sent to the US even to monitor our elections. There also the ones that write those human rights violations by the US you love so much.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

#Slavyansk: Activists reports #Ukrainian forces opened fire on another checkpoint in the city

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
West threatens Russia with more sanctions, but trade relations complex

(CNN) -- U.S. President Barack Obama has warned Russia that targeted sanctions are "ready to go," as the Geneva agreement to de-escalate the crisis falters.

Officials have vowed more punitive international actions targeting Russia's economy if Moscow, in their view, continues to aggravate the situation. Key Putin allies, high-profile Russian oligarchs and possibly Russian institutions and companies, will be targeted, CNN has been told.

Obama, at a news conference Friday in South Korea, said he would be talking to other European leaders about sanctions against Russia as the Ukraine crisis worsens.

The West has already introduced sanctions, imposing financial and visa restrictions on around 30 Russian and Ukrainian officials -- but stopping short of measures that would hit trade.

However, the uncertainty has fed capital flight, prompting Standard & Poor's to cut Russia's credit rating to one notch above junk. Hours later Russia raised its interest rates to limit the damage.

Ukraine hiked its bank rates on April in an attempts to protect its economy against the turmoil triggered by violent protests and Russia's military intervention in Crimea.

Russia is deeply integrated in the global economy, and links with the EU are particularly strong. Here's the background to Russia's relationship with the West.

How important is Russia's economy?

Russia is the eight biggest economy in the world, with GDP of more than $2 trillion. Its economy -- which is heavily reliant on commodities, particularly oil and gas -- is expected to grow only slightly in 2014 to around $2.4 trillion. Hopes it would be one of the decade's powerhouse economies have faded, with its GDP growing just 1.3% last year compared to 2012, one of the sharpest slowdowns in the emerging markets.

Click link for remainder of article -

top topics

<< 451  452  453    455  456  457 >>

join