It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 451
<< 448  449  450    452  453  454 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: [post=17848761]asen_y2k[/
I am implying the attack upon the outpost was conducted by the Ukr military,adding fuel to Russia's argument that their citizen's are in danger,add water shut off to 1.5 million Russian's in crimea and it's all but a given imo.

Yea, all that Ukraine is doing now is specially provoking the Russians and openly daring them. They recently stopped conceding. Maybe the Ukrainian thinks that Russia is bluffing and does not intend to invade.

They have no choice Ukrainians were losing faith in there government as im sure you can attest to. They began demanding there government do something other than concede to Russia.As far as Ukraine yes i believe they may have indeed come to the conclusion Russia is bluffing i personally think they are as well. There time to attack has actually passed they have allowed Ukraine to mount a defense. There new national guard is starting to be operational there military they had has redeployed they have taken control of there airspace. All of these things makes an invasion harder for Russia. Also i expect there has been some deals in the background to supply Ukraine with things like anti tank weapons. You know if Russia was to attempt an invasion you would see anti air and anti tank rockets show up all over the country. And frankly Russia cant afford to put there tanks in that kind of a risk because NATO would love them to make that mistake.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Rock Solid Politics @BradCabana Helibourne assault by 15 masked men with M16s happening at arms cache in #Soledar #Ukraine . Reports of dead and wounded #cdnpoli 5 mins ago 4 retweets |

This is not getting good coverage. And Ukrainians usually carry AKs only, never seen an M16.

Looks like the Russians are unwilling to invade and Ukraine has noticed this and stepped up against their bluff.
edit on 26/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Rock Solid Politics @BradCabana Helibourne assault by 15 masked men with M16s happening at arms cache in #Soledar #Ukraine . Reports of dead and wounded #cdnpoli 5 mins ago 4 retweets |

This is not getting good coverage. And Ukrainians usually carry AKs only, never seen an M16.

So i guess i was a post to early looks like US weapons are on the ground in Ukraine. Great timing to make my point though wasnt it?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k
Blackwater/CIA
Though it's a leap to assume a particular weapon could prove anything about the user

edit on 26-4-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Russian Spring @diablo3xnews Urgent: "#Ukraine army major movement different locationst to #Donetsk tanks etc" via RADIO > @fokctrot Multi attack plan #Russia #Sloviansk 8 mins ago 5 retweets |

Till now Ukraine never did night assaults.

Weirdest part only Russian media covering this.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Blackwater/CIA
Though it's a leap to assume a particular weapon could prove anything about the user

Very true you can buy m16s at most gun shops so yeah your right. But trust me an invasion is the last thing Russia want they dont have the resources and the public opinion would eventually change in Russia as well.

“The scenario is like what happened to Iran,” said Igor Korotchenko, a member of a civilian board that advises the Russian military and the editor in chief of National Defense Magazine. “The Russian Federation is not interested in bringing troops into eastern Ukraine.”

Beyond economics, the specter of Slavs killing Slavs would soon sour the Russian public on any invasion. Although the Ukrainian Army is weak, it numbers 70,000, and the country has a history of partisans’ attacking invaders. Mr. Korotchenko said Russians would probably embrace military intervention only if the army was dispatched as a peacekeeping force should the Ukrainian military cause mass casualties.

And the locals could also prove hostile. In eastern Ukraine, regional polls have found that at most one-third of the population, depending on the city, supports joining Russia.

In Crimea, Russian soldiers were greeted warmly, and needed to hold only the Isthmus of Perekop, three miles wide, to sever Crimea from Ukraine. In eastern Ukraine, if the 40,000 Russian troops now estimated to be camped along the border crossed over, they would probably be attacked. Russia would also be responsible for a flood of refugees.

“You cannot occupy this region only with these small green men,” said Alexander M. Golts, an independent Russian military analyst, referring to the anonymous soldiers in Crimea whom Mr. Putin later admitted were elite Russian soldiers. “So you beat those poor Ukrainians. What then? You will have to establish a new border. You will not need 40,000 troops, you will need 140,000.”

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
With all respect tell that to the 1.5 in Crimea, and genuine separatists in E Ukraine,granted half of which want nothing to do with either Russia OR Ukraine.
Flip it around and consider millions of Americans/Canadian's without the basics for survival.
No public support? think again

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Looks like some serious fighting going on and rumours of multi pronged artack.

Live update link, google translated.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Well at least its Sunday tomorrow. No one invades on a Sunday

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll

Well at least its Sunday tomorrow. No one invades on a Sunday

Thats funny i like that lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Journalist imbedded in Slovyansk

Reports of clashes breaking out around #Sloviansk just now. Will be reporting from scene @RT_com

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Pro Russians arent thinking at all there making themselves intentional terrorists.

Pro-Russian gunmen in Ukraine demanded a “prisoner” exchange for a team of kidnapped Western officials yesterday, as the G7 announced further sanctions to put pressure on the Kremlin and its “cronies”.
The 13 officials, part of an international observation team, were being held in “inhuman conditions” in makeshift jail in the eastern Ukrainian city of Slavyansk, where separatists seized control a fortnight ago.
Yesterday their captors said the men were Nato “spies”, and vowed they would only be freed in exchange for the release of pro-Russian activists arrested by the Ukrainian government.

European-observers-used-as-human-shields-in-Ukraine-as-West-threatens-further-sanctions

edit on 4/26/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
thx for fixing link

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr
Yet your the only one from the article calling them terrorist's..
guess it's up to interpretation
one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter
link is broken btw

Your English isnt very good is it re read thats not what i said try reading and understanding before commenting it helps keep things moving.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Latest info on the attack.

Link

Its in a picture format so quite small on my ipad screen. Does it say there was shelling???

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Latest info on the attack.

Link

Its in a picture format so quite small on my ipad screen. Does it say there was shelling???

Had a read as best i can .. says one killed one captured .. but nothing about shelling!
Says the attack was repelled.. but it is a Russian news source!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Balkan news @NewsBalkan Attack on Soledar checkpoint repulsed,1 attacker killed,other captured, attackers were "National Guard of #Ukraine" russian.rt.com/article/29522 6 mins ago 3 retweets |

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Something is going on.

One RT journalist headed out into the pitch black fields outside sloviansk. This was her last tweet over 2 hours ago

Reports of gun fight

Another journalist over 40 mins ago, same thing, reports of gun fight, heading out and then nothing.

Here is the twitter page of the 1st journalist

@PaulaSlier_RT is missing... :-( ? @RT_com

No Ukrainian sources, none absolutely. Only Russian info. And more over till date Ukraine never conducted night attacks.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

@StateOfUkraine: pro-#Kremlin forces have attacked an arms depot near #Sloviansk #Ukraine. Ukrainian troops are firing back. Casualties reported.

top topics

<< 448  449  450    452  453  454 >>

join