It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 453
<< 450  451  452    454  455  456 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I didn't choose a side in this, as you have.

My post said the problem with acts like these.

It is universal no matter who the intended victims are.

Personally I think both sides are being reckless and foolish, and too loaded with testosterone driven sense of supremacy to move away from dangerous escalations to put down their guns and work together on a compromise that all sides can live with.... I feel sympathy for the people who are caught up in the middle of these high profile pissing contests.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Going to leave - need to drive 50 jams back to #Slaviansk and curfew went into place at midnight - hope we get in

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

@PaulaSlier_RT: One guys says he heard a rumour #Ukrainian tank on the way - ???!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If she leaves then ok, maybe its nothing, i will wait sometime before i go off to bed.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

One tank? Scary! Really though, we've seen what happens time and time again when Ukrainian tanks attempt to go anywhere in southern/eastern Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

@diablo3xnews: Info update: #SOLEDAR #Соледар there is lot of people there now probably 100+ locals says they are ready for another attack tonight #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Russian Spring ‏@diablo3xnews 56s
Info update: #SOLEDAR #Соледар there is lot of people there now probably 100+ locals says they are ready for another attack tonight #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

Info update: #SOLEDAR #Соледар there is lot of people there now probably 100+ locals says they are ready for another attack tonight #Ukraine

Better bring more than burning tires sounds like a lot of drunk people to me. You dont try to take a base by telling people your going to. You move in and take it before your enemy even realizes what has happened.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: asen_y2k

Better bring more than burning tires sounds like a lot of drunk people to me. You dont try to take a base by telling people your going to. You move in and take it before your enemy even realizes what has happened.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
fellas do you ever do anything else? Some of you are here 24/7 lol.

Anyway the latest from Kramatorsk, Pro-Russian terrorists terrorising local people

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova
fellas do you ever do anything else? Some of you are here 24/7 lol.

Anyway the latest from Kramatorsk, Pro-Russian terrorists terrorising local people

www.youtube.com...
We've been rumbled. Don't forget to take your Russian ID's with you boys.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

However, based on just released satellite imagery showing the build up of Ukraine forces around Slavyansk - a city which as a reminder is located in Ukraine - what is going on around Slavyansk is no laughing matter.

It goes without saying that a matching build up (or at least an attempt at one) by Ukraine is normal and to be expected. The problem is that as we have witnessed every day over the past two weeks, military provocations on both sides of the conflict happen every day if not every hour.

Full report and satelite pictures here...

www.zerohedge.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Myroslava Petsa ‏@myroslavapetsa · 3h
#Slovyansk has become a very hostile environment to report from. Almost every foreign crew has had problems with the gunmen there.

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 42m
Firefight b/c of weapons warehouses is going on right now in #Sloviansk @EuromaidanPR_RU news.liga.net... … IEMPR #Ukraine

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk · 1h
Russia: Ukraine has mobilized 15,000 troops "to wipe out” Slavyansk “and its residents." cnn.it...

I wish Russian propaganda would give it a rest.

Gas....Water

Ukraine's failure to pay gas debt may cut gas supply to Europe - Russia’s energy minister on.rt.com...

ETA - Reference the captured military observers.
I am beginning to wonder if the kidnappings were coordinated with Russia. The Pro Russian group takes them hostage and refuses to release them, stating they are spies. Russia all of a sudden is trying to get involved to secure their release.

Russia will use the kidnapping as an example of Kiev being unable to assert control in order to protect people. Russia will secure their release and will then use that as an example of Russia having more influence in those areas.

Then Russia changes its mind -

FRANCE 24 ‏@FRANCE24 · 11h
Russia accuses detained OSCE observers of being 'spies' f24.my...

edit on 26-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ive seen a claim of there evidence they were in the military.However of course those people are thats how they can report back to the UN they are military officers from different countries. Its standard and there using this as an excuse of spying. There was also mention of one carrying a notebook conveniently in Russian detailing his spying.Me personally id think spies dont keep diaries i mean really??

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Pope Francis told Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk that he would "do everything possible" for the country, amid fears that Russia could be about to invade.

Yatsenyuk said he asked Francis "to pray for Ukraine and for stability in Europe" and told him he was grateful for the support.

He said the Vatican had already averted wars during the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 and the Argentina-Chile territorial dispute in 1978.

The Vatican said in a statement that Francis and Yatsenyuk had discussed the "specific role" that religious organisations could play "in fostering mutual respect and harmony".

"Mention was made of possible further initiatives by the international community in this regard," the statement said.

www.newindianexpress.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Some spies keep diaries.

I wanna thank Asen, Dutzy, Professor, Rigel and everyone here for the updates.

Together we are piecing all of this together. As a human being, I welcome discussions from both sides.

Both sides are losing IMO. We are witnessing Primitive characteristics. Quite sad, but hey its ONLY 2014

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Yatsenyuk said he asked Francis "to pray for Ukraine and for stability in Europe" and told him he was grateful for the support.
a reply to: dragonridr

The best prayer would be to pledge that Ukraine will never ever be the part of NATO no matter what.

Only basic common sense, why can't Kiev understand and keep peace all around.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The Moscow Times ‏@MoscowTimes · 5m
#Russia is in no economic shape to fight a war, Anders Åslund argues: ow.ly...

RT ‏@RT_com · 23m
Three #Ukraine elite Alpha group agents captured in Donetsk region on.rt.com...

OSCE Update

MaidanOnline ‏@MaidanOnline · 36m
OSCE: Latest from the Special Monitoring Mission in Ukraine – based on information received up until 25 April... fb.me...

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters · 42m
Ukraine blames Moscow for 'human shield' detentions in east reut.rs...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1h
Vladimir #Putin And His Bodyguard Of Lies www.forbes.com... … | EMPR News #Ukraine #Russia pic.twitter.com/oJn4PTJgAs

Ironic -

RT ‏@RT_com · 1h
‘Tanks, APCs, 15,000 troops’: Satellite images show #Kiev forces build-up near #Slavyansk on.rt.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

The best prayer would be to pledge that Ukraine will never ever be the part of NATO no matter what.

Why do you find it acceptable to dictate to another country who they can and cannot do business / foreign relations with? I cant help but think people would find it unacceptable to tell Russia how to run its internal affairs and I know for a fact that Russia would not entertain such ideas.

Why is it so shocking that Ukraine wouldn't make the same argument?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: victor7

Why do you find it acceptable to dictate to another country who they can and cannot do business / foreign relations with? I cant help but think people would find it unacceptable to tell Russia how to run its internal affairs and I know for a fact that Russia would not entertain such ideas.

Why is it so shocking that Ukraine wouldn't make the same argument?

KIEV, Ukraine — SOMETIMES the simplest question speaks the biggest truth. I was meeting with some Maidan activists here in Kiev last week, and we were talking about Russian President Vladimir Putin’s insistence that Ukraine was part of Russia’s traditional “sphere of influence” and “buffer zone” with the West, and, therefore, America and the European Union need to keep their hands off. At one point, one of the activists, the popular Ukrainian journalist, Vitali Sych, erupted: “Did anyone ask us whether we wanted to be part of his buffer zone?”

Sych’s question cut right to the core of what is unfolding here. Quite simply, a majority of Ukrainians got mad as hell at the game imposed on them — serving as bit players in Putin’s sphere of influence, so Russia could continue to feel like a great power, and also being forced to tolerate a breathtakingly corrupt pro-Russian regime in Kiev. After a bottom-up revolution in the Maidan, Kiev’s central square, which cost 100-plus lives — “the Heavenly Hundred” as they are referred to here — Ukrainians are asserting their own sphere of influence, a desire to be part of the E.U.

www.nytimes.com...

top topics

<< 450  451  452    454  455  456 >>

join