It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 452
<< 449  450  451    453  454  455 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

RT @RT_com MORE: Gunmen attacking #Soledar checkpoint in #Ukraine pull back, reportedly taking one self-defense member hostage on.rt.com/4ryyzs 7 mins ago 26 retweets | 2 replies

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Wow, completely opposite news from both sides.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have no idea whats going on.

Separatists from #Horlivka said they captured 3 #ukrainian special force soldiers of SBU. As proof show their documents @euromaidan | EMPR

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

In #Stakhanov (#Luhansk region) #Ukraine pro-#Kremlin forces have seized a govt building and are buildng barricades. pic.twitter.com/92lbuVPgSl

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
From what I gather from Twitter there is some confusion however it seems like Russian media are making a mountain out of a mole hill and trying to overstate what's currently going on. Western media are not reporting this from what I've seen. What is true is that something is going on!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

@juliamacfarlane: Have been mixed reports coming out of #Soledar all evening of gunmen taking over checkpoints. However only #Russia media seem to be there
Tells you all you need to know...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
And Russian source

Now there is claims from #Euromaidan that separatists take over city hall in #Stahanov #Стаханов that info cannot be validated & likely FAKE

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ukrainian source

#Ukraine's interior minister has played down standoff near arms depot in #Sloviansk as well. We're trying to get more info

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

@PaulaSlier_RT: The #Ukrainian army has a barracks nearby, they're meant to be guarding weapons in the Salt mines - crowd banging on gate to barracks

@PaulaSlier_RT: Gunmen were dressed in black, "with US weapons" - no insignia on clothing - people here believe they were from #NationalGuard

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

A clearer picture forming now.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

@PaulaSlier_RT: @berbaugh we were the only crew here - but another russian station arrived a short time ago
Honestly, it isn't because RT are a propaganda machine, but there is something very odd about this incident and how quick RT were on scene.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

And that the reason, I have not gone to sleep yet. Its 1.13AM.
Now around 200-300 people are banging on the gates of the army baracks and they have barricaded themselves inside.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: asen_y2k

counter argument -

Why should Ukraine continue to supply resources to an enemy occupied region? Russia invaded / annexed. Russia should be responsible for those areas now.

The problem with acts like these they don't have any impact on an enemy, they almost always harm the people caught up in the middle of these conflicts.

It can also backfire if people suffer from it.

people suffer?

Can people suffer when their energy supply is shut off?

Ive noticed people have issues with the water yet don't seem to even remotely care that Russia went down that road with Ukraine and by extension Europe by stopping gas flows.

People have a choice -
Either Russian and Ukraine actions are both equally bad or they both are equally acceptable.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

Now around 200-300 people are banging on the gates of the army baracks and they have barricaded themselves inside.
I've got an awful feeling that something's going to happen tonight which may tip the balance of things and 'cause' Russia to invade. With their fighter jets breaching Ukrainian airspace 10 times in 2 days that suggests to me they are getting ready to invade and may have been testing radar and Ukraine's anti-aircraft missiles or lack off.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Outside the army baracks i guess near the salt mines.

Crowd burning tyres and shouting 'Glory to Donbas'

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT

originally posted by: asen_y2k

I've got an awful feeling that something's going to happen tonight which may tip the balance of things and 'cause' Russia to invade. With their fighter jets breaching Ukrainian airspace 10 times in 2 days that suggests to me they are getting ready to invade and may have been testing radar and Ukraine's anti-aircraft missiles or lack off.

Usually night times are more quite here. No activity takes place. Sometimes a grenade etc which receives no coverage before 8 or 9 am next day. But in this case RT started covering right when it started. Could be nothing but lets see.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Something fishy is going on...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1m
No freedom of press in #Slovyansk: pro-#Russia terrorists put a gun to a BBC journo’s head |EMPR #Ukraine #Putin pic.twitter.com/RqpMq81yOg

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 7m
How it looks to be seized by #russian terrorists in #Sloviansk: #Ukrainians,SBUofficers www.theinsider.ua... … |EMPR pic.twitter.com/fEdz4H9As5

edit on 26-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1h
#Ukraine blames #Russia for 'human shield' detentions in East tgam.ca... @globeandmail | EMPR News

edit on 26-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This could turn ugly

Crowd burning tyres in front of army barracks by salt mines where weapons are being stored # Soledar pic.twitter.com/fLBlG2WWcB

Pic

top topics

<< 449  450  451    453  454  455 >>

join