It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 460
<< 457  458  459    461  462  463 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT

And were worried Russians are going to invade and there driving trucks over APCs. so they have to take the foxhole which the reason there dug is to prevent that. Then put an apc in in it just to drive over the top. That has to be the dumbest thing i think ive ever seen any military do. They make ramps for this than there is also trucks that can lay down bridges within seconds like the m104 wolverine love the name.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT
Asen, that refers to Kramatorsk airfield again. A few reporters are there already and have confirmed nothing is going on apart from some random fella banging on a piece of wood.

They should NOT report or mix something insignificant like a guy banging on wood. Seriously that tidbit is unnecessary.

It should be simple, clear significant reporting. IMO. Details like a guy urinating on the side of the building or banging on trash cans should be left out in PROFESSIONAL reporting.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here i dont think you guys saw this yet its Simon Ostrvsky telling people about his kidnapping.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I translated this

t turns out water supply to #Crimea was turned off by #Russia to incite anger against #Ukraine fb.me...

Anonymous led evidence that the water in the Crimea Russia blocked to Crimeans scolded Ukrainians. PHOTO Russian authorities cut pumps, that no water enters the Crimea, and locals blamed throughout Ukraine. It is reported anonymous.fm citing its own sources , reports Tsenzor.NET . "Here you Krasnoperekopsk city - for many, this city generally than not noticeable. BUT ! The city is pumping station ! , Which carries the further passage of water on the Crimean peninsula ! And now from afar. Kakhovske There are all known reservoir having altitude within 22-23 meters. Coming with him water flows by gravity into the Armenian - where 9 meters from the sea. But then the fun begins . Once the water dotekaet to Krasnoperecopsk - there is an increase in levels of up to 12 meters in - causing or rather because of what this city had additional pumping facilities to supply water to the Crimean peninsula . water in the North-Crimean there . problem is that the Russian authorities cut out the pumps , that no water enters the Crimea. Next, the first channel created a bunch of scenes that supposedly Ukrainian authorities have blocked the water. actually it just shakes Putin did not you - long live Putin ! " - reported in anonymous.

edit on Sun, 27 Apr 2014 13:20:16 -0500201America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
news coming in that a Ukranian special forces team caught near Donestk by separatists , that to lead by a Lt. Colonel

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
news coming in that a Ukranian special forces team caught near Donestk by separatists , that to lead by a Lt. Colonel

Are you talking about the 3 captured guys? Or is it new?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: maddy21

Are you talking about the 3 captured guys? Or is it new?

ye, the 3 guys captured .. seems a lot of their anti terror task force units are either surrendering or being captured ...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
I translated this

t turns out water supply to #Crimea was turned off by #Russia to incite anger against #Ukraine fb.me...

Anonymous led evidence that the water in the Crimea Russia blocked to Crimeans scolded Ukrainians. PHOTO Russian authorities cut pumps, that no water enters the Crimea, and locals blamed throughout Ukraine. It is reported anonymous.fm citing its own sources , reports Tsenzor.NET . "Here you Krasnoperekopsk city - for many, this city generally than not noticeable. BUT ! The city is pumping station ! , Which carries the further passage of water on the Crimean peninsula ! And now from afar. Kakhovske There are all known reservoir having altitude within 22-23 meters. Coming with him water flows by gravity into the Armenian - where 9 meters from the sea. But then the fun begins . Once the water dotekaet to Krasnoperecopsk - there is an increase in levels of up to 12 meters in - causing or rather because of what this city had additional pumping facilities to supply water to the Crimean peninsula . water in the North-Crimean there . problem is that the Russian authorities cut out the pumps , that no water enters the Crimea. Next, the first channel created a bunch of scenes that supposedly Ukrainian authorities have blocked the water. actually it just shakes Putin did not you - long live Putin ! " - reported in anonymous.

Very interesting that explains the denial by Kiev i had read i figured they were lying since we saw an empty reservoir.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I´m wondering what sense it would make for Russia to cut the water supply for Crimea. The population of Crimea is already overwhelmingly angry at the Ukrainian government, and they are already a part of Russia now. No need to instigate further aggression against Kiev. But a big risk of creating anger against Russia if it comes out.

If they would do it in Eastern Ukraine, I could see the the motifs behind it (a lot of inhabitants still need to be brought up against Kiev), but in Crimea???

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cm23

I´m wondering what sense it would make for Russia to cut the water supply for Crimea. The population of Crimea is already overwhelmingly angry at the Ukrainian government, and they are already a part of Russia now. No need to instigate further aggression against Kiev. But a big risk of creating anger against Russia if it comes out.

If they would do it in Eastern Ukraine, I could see the the motifs behind it (a lot of inhabitants still need to be brought up against Kiev), but in Crimea???

Those people are going to go through hell read an article talking how they have to stand in lines and the government is basically non functional there were complaints people wait in lines to be told by government official thats not in place yet.How do you get these people from lynching the current government simple give them someone else to be mad at its Hitler 101. Russians using this tactic as well blaming Ukraine for this crises wouldnt float with the Russian people but throw in those evil capitalists in the west and the people have someone to be mad at. You see it in this thread even certain people here are almost rabid in there hatred of the west.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Crimea is also running out of food supplies as well as water. Their agricultural sector is going to suffer big time too if water isn't available. From the sounds of things those poor people in Crimea have been left to their own devices by Russia. It's all well and good invading a part of another country, then illegally annexing it but it's clear Vladimir Putin didn't think about all the 'little' things like supplies, council services and so on.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Those people are going to go through hell read an article talking how they have to stand in lines and the government is basically non functional there were complaints people wait in lines to be told by government official thats not in place yet.How do you get these people from lynching the current government simple give them someone else to be mad at its Hitler 101. Russians using this tactic as well blaming Ukraine for this crises wouldnt float with the Russian people but throw in those evil capitalists in the west and the people have someone to be mad at. You see it in this thread even certain people here are almost rabid in there hatred of the west.

Well, one of my contacts in Crimea says that everything is ok, but soon I will talk to other inhabitants of Crimea.

I just don´t understand what Russia would gain by cutting the water supply! The Crimeans are happy with their political situation right now. Even more so now, because they see the situation in Eastern Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well, one of my contacts in Crimea says that everything is ok, but soon I will talk to other inhabitants of Crimea.

I just don´t understand what Russia would gain by cutting the water supply! The Crimeans are happy with their political situation right now. Even more so now, because they see the situation in Eastern Ukraine.

I have a habit of always looking for the bigger picture. Now i might be wrong but i can see how keeping Crimeans mad at Kiev benefits Russia. They have a group that was actually used to having a government and well now they dont at least not yet. All the stuff torun an area was totally forgotten about in the change over. Politicians make grandiose statements like Russia will take care of you. The problem is politicians dont understand logistics and what it actually takes to run an area thats low level bureaucrats working with a strong central government neither of which Crimea has right now. Crimeas going to starve because the Crimean claim a store like a grocery for example but dont realize that requires someone to purchase from the company out of there warehouse. Its called logistics. Crimeans whole economy was dependent on Kiev you just cant over night go ok were done with you. It takes months to straighten out and in the mean time alot of suffering.

The only people that will be ok is people that are highly independent and didnt use much from the govt in the first place.

“Before we had a pretty well-organized country — life was smooth,” he said, sighing. “Then, within the space of two weeks, one country became another.” He added, “Eto bardak,” using the Russian for bordello and meaning, “This is a mess.”

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 4/27/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

“Before we had a pretty well-organized country — life was smooth,” he said, sighing. “Then, within the space of two weeks, one country became another.” He added, “Eto bardak,” using the Russian for bordello and meaning, “This is a mess.”

www.nytimes.com...

I don´t know this man and I don´t know under which circumstances he was chosen and interviewed. Right now we have propaganda from all sides! I prefer the statements of people whom I know personally!
edit on 27/4/2014 by cm23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/4/2014 by cm23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

I don´t know this man and I don´t know under which circumstances he was chosen and interviewed. Right now we have propaganda from all sides! I prefer the statements of people whom I know personally!

Did you even read the article im guessing not he is just one person they spoke with and they explain why its all in the article including the problems local businesses are having. Your dismissal says alot not everyone in Crimea was dependent on Ukraine but a majority were..

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
'Ukrainian troops 'demoralised' as civilians face down anti-terror drive
General Vasily Krutov says main force is security service with army as back-up, but analysts criticise lack of plan from KievThe "main acting force" in the operation was the security service's anti-terrorist centre commanded by Krutov, and the army troops were playing a supporting role.
Mashovets said that the security service forces were involved in catching rebels and hunting them. "They have a wide prerogative to use force."
Among them was the Alfa unit, which used weapons against protesters in Kiev during clashes this year, he added.
Indeed, it is special forces, not the regular army, that have been involved in the isolated shootouts in east Ukraine. They fired at local men armed with clubs and possibly firearms who came to the Kramatorsk airfield after government forces established control there yesterday, wounding at least two.
But special forces have also backed down in the face of angry protesters, raising doubts whether even they can establish control of a region where militia men are almost always surrounded by pro-Russian locals.'

www.theguardian.com...

20:35 GMT:
The authorities in Kiev have announced they will carry out a massive purge of the security forces, as many officers are refusing to stand against the pro-federalization protests in the south-east of the country.

“We have problems with the quality of police performing their functions, including those in the east [of Ukraine],” coup-installed Interior Minister Arsen Avakov told local media, adding that a “significant” number of officers are not ready to “perform their duties.”

In light of this “incompetence,” Avakov promised to purge a large part of security forces’ personnel, noting that in some divisions the process is already ongoing.

He also assured that regional offices of the interior ministry in eastern Ukraine, including Donetsk, Lugansk and Kharkov are still under Kiev’s control.'

rt.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The television centre in Ukraine’s southeastern city of Donetsk has started rebroadcasting of Russia’s television channel Russia-24, Ukraine’s TSN news service reported on Sunday.

Ukrainian television channels have not yet been removed from the air.
Earlier on Sunday, supporters of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic picketed the Donetsk television centre urging to re-launch broadcasting of Russian television channels to provide unbiased coverage of the developments in Ukraine’s southeastern regions, Itar-Tass reports.
Read more: voiceofrussia.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
About 3 million Russians are expected to spend their summer vacation in Crimea this year

en.itar-tass.com...

will be interesting to see how the things develop as this is a first season with Crimea being a part of Russia.
I believe many Russians will spend their holidays in Crimea in order to support the economy of the area.

Also looks like China is ready to invest big bucks in Crimea

'Mega Pipeline! China Prepares Massive Investments in Crimea!'
investmentwatchblog.com...

'Vladimir Putin Wants To Make The Territory He Took From Ukraine Into Russia's Version Of Vegas'
www.businessinsider.com.au...

Andrey Karlov, Russia's ambassador to Turkey, said on Wednesday that Turkey may be a business partner in Russia's recently unveiled project to build a bridge linking Russia to Crimea.
www.todayszaman.com...

Crimea might face some difficulties at present as a result of recent events but there is no doubt that this is only a short term. With all big domestic and foreign investments on its way Crimea is going to do great in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

A YouTube video from "Underground World News" is not exactly investment grade material, you know. Did you mention that Russian Government Bonds have been downgraded to "Junk" status, and consequently the Russian Central Bank has upped the prime lending rate to (if memory serves) 7%?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: cosmonova

A YouTube video from "Underground World News" is not exactly investment grade material, you know. Did you mention that Russian Government Bonds have been downgraded to "Junk" status, and consequently the Russian Central Bank has upped the prime lending rate to (if memory serves) 7%?

The investment with china fell thru as well already that was news from two weeks ago.Everything is on hold they said they intend to invest when the market stabilizes meaning Russian economy basically. Shame really someone needs to help the Crimean's right now there economy is in turmoil and i fear it could get bad unless they can get alot of investment.

top topics

<< 457  458  459    461  462  463 >>

join