It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 462
<< 459  460  461    463  464  465 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: cosmonova
Lvov celebrated anniversary of the creation of Nazi SS Galicia division yesterday, despite the ban.
It is extremely sad to see young people in Ukraine indoctrinated with Nazi ideology.

www.youtube.com...

also a note, insignia they carry is Divisional Insignia of 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS

en.wikipedia.org...(1st_Ukrainian)

That must be from last year since the 14th Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS was created in august of 1944. Or maybe just maybe there celebrating there historical roots. The area known as Galicia (Polish: Halicz ,Russian: Galich or Galitsiya) is a former Austrian crownland in East central Europe; 30,645 square miles; included Northern slopes of Carpathian mountains and the valleys of upper Vistula and upper.In other words what youthink is a nazi symbol is actually a coat of arms. The Nazis loved history the area already used that as a coat of arms so of course the Nazis adopted it. By the way that same symol is involved in Russian history as well in the 14th century. Russian and Ukrainian history have very strong ties also why the languages arent really that different.

But go ahead play the Nazi card but the Nazis didnt create that coat of arms.

twitter.com...

www.gettyimages.com.au...

zik.ua...

ukraine24news.wordpress.com... -a-division-in-the-other-non-public-image-holding-prayer-services-and-meetings-with-veterans-o/

This grandpa tried to stop the event in Lviv yesterday but they are just brainwashed and nothing much can be done about it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-4-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

How much is Junta concerned about Ukrainian people?

Good question -

Maybe you can explain how armed masked gunmen who seize the elected officials from cities in the East and South of Ukraine, only to arbitrarily replace those officials with self appointed positions by Pro Russians are concerned about the Ukrainian people?

When 1 person claims power out of a group of 100 while ignoring the will of the 1.4 million Ukrainians in the area...

By all means.... explain how the pro Russian forces care about Ukrainians when they over throw local governments, arresting them, killing some of them...

I look forward to the response.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

Nazis... Russians...

Same group of people who are week willed and stupid who take pride in murdering innocent people for political gain. The only thing that separates the Russians and Nazis are their arguments on how they are not like the other.

Nazi Germany was beat by the West....
The Soviet Union collapsed...

By all means... lets go 3 of 3.

Its good to see the Russian double standard is in full compliance -

RT ‏@RT_com · 6m
Russian special forces thwart ​May holiday terror plot in Dagestan on.rt.com... pic.twitter.com/23PgNk5sYA

edit on 27-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Lithuania MFA ‏@LithuaniaMFA · 15m
The 28 #EU member states ambass. will meet today, on agenda - further potential sanctions against #RU &RU individuals goo.gl...

Moldova further integrates into the EU

Lithuania MFA ‏@LithuaniaMFA · 44m
Congrats! #EU visa free regime for #Moldova citizens w/h biometrical passports has started! Strong message for other #EaP countries.

Linas Linkevicius ‏@LinkeviciusL · 7h
The release of #Swedish #OSCE officer inspector - a positive move. Now, urgent need to continue and immediately release the rest.

I wonder if these people understand how ridiculous this is getting.

KyivPost ‏@KyivPost · 55m
Protesters complaining of media bias seize #Donetsk state broadcasting company www.kyivpost.com... … pic.twitter.com/Nu3N6XehG0

MaidanOnline ‏@MaidanOnline · 1h
DMYTRY TYMCHUK: Operational data as of April 27, 2014 wp.me... fb.me...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 2h
RT @SimonOstrovsky Here's what I was working on an hour before I was kidnapped news.vice.com... … | EMPR Post #Ukraine #Slovyansk

edit on 27-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Is there a possibility that these military observers were sent to gather some intelligence for NATO as they all come from NATO countries?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Lvov celebrated anniversary of the creation of Nazi SS Galicia division yesterday, despite the ban.
It is extremely sad to see young people in Ukraine indoctrinated with Nazi ideology.

www.youtube.com...

also a note, insignia they carry is Divisional Insignia of 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS

That must be from last year since the 14th Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS was created in august of 1944. Or maybe just maybe there celebrating there historical roots. The area known as Galicia (Polish: Halicz ,Russian: Galich or Galitsiya) is a former Austrian crownland in East central Europe; 30,645 square miles; included Northern slopes of Carpathian mountains and the valleys of upper Vistula and upper.In other words what youthink is a nazi symbol is actually a coat of arms. The Nazis loved history the area already used that as a coat of arms so of course the Nazis adopted it. By the way that same symol is involved in Russian history as well in the 14th century. Russian and Ukrainian history have very strong ties also why the languages arent really that different.

twitter.com...

zik.ua...

ukraine24news.wordpress.com... -a-division-in-the-other-non-public-image-holding-prayer-services-and-meetings-with-veterans-o/

This grandpa tried to stop the event in Lviv yesterday but they are just brainwashed and nothing much can be done about it.

www.youtube.com...

Ah so it is lviv the former capitol of Galicia that makes sense. So a particular city has a celebration they hold every year including when Russia was best buddies with Ukraine. But now its a problem i see. You do realize this is a major part of there history including the coat of arms. You also realize Galicia is the reason you speak Russian right??? As far as Nazis and collaborators well they saw it as liberation from there oppressors. Later Stalin comes in and once again enslaves them this is part of the potsdam agreement.But basically he comes in and throws out most of the poles through deportation and his labor camps. Nasty guy he killed more people than world war 2. Thats why him and Hitler got along so well an allied until of course Hitler double crosses him interesting stuff but hardly the place for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

How much is Junta concerned about Ukrainian people?

Good question -

Maybe you can explain how armed masked gunmen who seize the elected officials from cities in the East and South of Ukraine, only to arbitrarily replace those officials with self appointed positions by Pro Russians are concerned about the Ukrainian people?

When 1 person claims power out of a group of 100 while ignoring the will of the 1.4 million Ukrainians in the area...

By all means.... explain how the pro Russian forces care about Ukrainians when they over throw local governments, arresting them, killing some of them...

I look forward to the response.

Oh is it your shift already? Geez time is flying.

Protests in South East started much before people decided to take control in their own hands. Junta did not listen.
No one bothers to come and talk to those people. CIA boss, Pope, Joe Biden and the likes were more important.
I guess they are the ones calling shots and they are priority.
What Russian forces? Do you mean people's militia?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I think its in retaliation for this -

Russia slams OSCE for equating media climate in Ukraine and Crimea

Interesting the group is taken hostage when a few days later Russia slams the OSCE report on media. Prior to being kidnapped by Russian military forces the OCSE group was denied access to Crimea.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Is there a possibility that these military observers were sent to gather some intelligence for NATO as they all come from NATO countries?

www.youtube.com...

Really what are they going to gather ?? There top secret communications your only talking a couple of hundred people. The only thing they might fing out is the orders are coming from the Kremlin but thats pretty much a given.Especially when Russia starts issuing demands for them like well theyll disarm if protesters leave Maiden. Id say thats blatantly obvious whos in control since we didnt even get that from them they wanted prisoner swap.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

twitter.com...

zik.ua...

www.youtube.com...

Ah so it is lviv the former capitol of Galicia that makes sense. So a particular city has a celebration they hold every year including when Russia was best buddies with Ukraine. But now its a problem i see. You do realize this is a major part of there history including the coat of arms. You also realize Galicia is the reason you speak Russian right??? As far as Nazis and collaborators well they saw it as liberation from there oppressors. Later Stalin comes in and once again enslaves them this is part of the potsdam agreement.But basically he comes in and throws out most of the poles through deportation and his labor camps. Nasty guy he killed more people than world war 2. Thats why him and Hitler got along so well an allied until of course Hitler double crosses him interesting stuff but hardly the place for it.

Out of curiosity, are you by any chance Nazi sympathizer?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Oh is it your shift already? Geez time is flying.

Time doesn't fly when there is so much bs being spewed by pro Russia minions that it all starts to run together. Ironically that would most likely explain why Russia's FM and President cant seem to get on the same page when speaking to the media. Its like watching a Marx brothers movie.

Protests in South East started much before people decided to take control in their own hands.

No really they didn't. When you have a handful of armed masked gunmen illegally seizing control of local government while not holding any type of vote to replace the persons they just overthrew, the people are not taking things into their own hands.

You are not that stupid to accept that view as valid.

Junta did not listen.

Way to dodge... Explain how local mayors / politicians, elected by the locals, are related to the federal government of Ukraine? Secondly, explain how its ok to size control of a city government because the government in Kiev is not listening when the masked gunmen are in fact committing the very action they decry Kiev of doing?

The difference between Kiev and the Pro Russian minions is the Pro Russian minions are committing an armed overthrow of valid local governments elected by the people.

No one bothers to come and talk to those people. CIA boss, Pope, Joe Biden and the likes were more important.

They are more important that pro Russian minions. At some point they are going to have to accept the invoking Russia in a sentence no longer causes fear. The hilarity never stops with Russians does it?

If Pro Russian / Russian heads get any bigger they could be confused as fugitives from Easter Island.

I guess they are the ones calling shots and they are priority.

This sentence makes no sense.

What Russian forces? Do you mean people's militia?

The Russian military forces on the ground in Crimea and now Ukraine. I just realized Russia has one more thing in common with the Nazis from Germany - when called out the response is "they are just showers - no one died". People really should come to their own conclusions by doing research instead of taking their queue from only Moscow. I really don't think the Russian public stating - We were lied to by the Russian government - is going to work. It didn't work when the German citizens tried that with Adolph Hitler and it wont work this time around with Vlad Putin.

Russia got caught red handed shutting water going into Crimea...

now you wanna try giving an answer to the question instead of obfuscation?
edit on 28-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Nazis... Russians...

Same group of people who are week willed and stupid who take pride in murdering innocent people for political gain. The only thing that separates the Russians and Nazis are their arguments on how they are not like the other.

Nazi Germany was beat by the West....
The Soviet Union collapsed...

By all means... lets go 3 of 3.

Its good to see the Russian double standard is in full compliance -

RT ‏@RT_com · 6m
Russian special forces thwart ​May holiday terror plot in Dagestan on.rt.com... pic.twitter.com/23PgNk5sYA

Being part Russian have to say i disagree with you. Russians as a general rule just want to be left alone with one caveat they dont like people being close to them mostly do to history the buffer zone our Russian froiends keep talking about. Putin is a Soviet you had to be to even get in the KGB not surprising right. Well hes still back in the day of the USSR he believes the world will get Russia if he doesnt stand as its protector. Reality has changed since than many Russians realize this as well. Unfortunately they also know the power of the state and in this time and place thats Putin.

See our Russian friends here are programmed all Russians are through television media one thing Stalin learned from Hitler was how to control people through fear and manipulation.Putin is just a friendlier version but even he still has labor camps. I really truly hoped the Russians would gain there freedom when the Soviets collapsed but allthey truely got was a propaganda spin.Any Way sorry i rambled but Russia is not Nazis merely they use the same tactics. And even after the war Stalin was seen by many Nazis as an ally oddly because he spent money trying to destabilize Europe. But in reality he hated NAZIs.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The Moscow Times ‏@MoscowTimes · 18m
New U.S. Sanctions Will Target Putin's 'Inner Circle' tmt-go.ru... #news

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If Russia does what it does towards surrounding nations because of Stalin's paranoia then Russia is far worse than I ever imagined.

With that said I stand by my comment. It does not include all Russians, just the ones who are all to willing to defend Putin's actions while playing stupid as to Russian forces on the ground in Ukraine / Crimea.

Since there has been protests in Russia against government action in Ukraine in addition to protests over Russian media lying to the people reinforces that their are good intelligent Russia's who want a better place for all without the paranoia birthed by Stalin that held E. Urope hostage for 50 plus years.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
'Nazis... Russians...

Same group of people who are week willed and stupid who take pride in murdering innocent people for political gain. The only thing that separates the Russians and Nazis are their arguments on how they are not like the other.'

wow, looks like you cannot hide your russophobia any more. I was always wondering when is something like this coming up.
edit on 28-4-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

wow, looks like you cannot hide your russophobia any more. I was always wondering when is something like this coming up.

You defend Putin's actions by asking the question - What Russian forces in Ukraine, even though its been confirmed they are present. If you knew your history you would see the relation.

I have issues with the Russian government, not her people and I have stated that time and again. If all you can do is attack the person that should tell you maybe to do some research on the facts eh?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

You defend Putin's actions by asking the question - What Russian forces in Ukraine, even though its been confirmed they are present. If you knew your history you would see the relation.

I have issues with the Russian government, not her people and I have stated that time and again. If all you can do is attack the person that should tell you maybe to do some research on the facts eh?

What Russian forces in Ukraine? Are you talking about Cossacks, the volunteers in South East?
I do not deny there is a few of them in there, how can I, as one of them confirmed that in Vice News clip I posted.
Your State Department is trying so hard to make it looks like Russian Special forces are in Ukraine right now. All they have at the end is nothing, no proof. They can lie all they want but it is not working.
There is much more Ukrainian police and army personnel who have sided with people against Junta in Kiev.
Would you consider them to be Russian troops now?
And dude it is not my history, I am not Russian, please stop that. I will say again, I am not Russian.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

What Russian forces in Ukraine? Are you talking about Cossacks, the volunteers in South East?

The Russian military forces currently in Ukraine. The ones who have been captured who are linked to the Russian military. The men with no insignias who were first seen in Crimea who are now in Ukraine.

I do not deny there is a few of them in there, how can I, as one of them confirmed that in Vice News clip I posted.

1, 100, 10000 - They are members of a foreign military whose intent is to stir up issues to justify an overt invasion from Russia. They are present on the orders of Moscow and are executing the game plan Moscow put in place.

Your State Department is trying so hard to make it looks like Russian Special forces are in Ukraine right now. All they have at the end is nothing, no proof. They can lie all they want but it is not working.

Ironic because you are doing exactly what you accuse the State Department of doing. Not to mention your last sentence above has you admitting there are members of the Russian military present. I am not sure who you can state they are present while one sentence later you try to accuse the US of lying about their presence in country.

There is much more Ukrainian police and army personnel who have sided with people against Junta in Kiev.

A matter of dispute since groups of armed men who attack anything that is not Pro Russian. Its not support when the citizens are forced to adopt a Soviet mentality less they be kidnapped, beaten and killed - as we see the Pro Russian forces doing now.

Its been document in Crimea by the UNHCR.

Ukraine forces that switched side would be traitors in my book and should be considered as part of an invading force by Russia into Ukraine. 4 columns advance towards the city with a 5th column waiting on the inside. The fact they take orders from Moscow make them very much Russian forces, regardless of their nationality.

The German Hessians fought alongside the British during our Revolutionary war. We held Britain accountable for the German elements since they were hired and following their commands and not Germanys.

And dude it is not my history, I am not Russian, please stop that. I will say again, I am not Russian.

Then respectfully research history before crapping all over facts that you just admitted you are not familiar with via not familiar with their history. If you would research that portion it might shed some light on some of these issues you defend without proper respect for the historical reasons why they are problematic and what the end result could be.

ETA - I notice you are not using the quote system since its been changed. On the off chance you did not know, you can put bracket quote bracket in front of the text you want quoted and at the end bracket /quote bracket to get the generic quote feature.

a reply to: dragonridr
Sent you a pm on a different issue.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Dont be dishonest you know Russia doesnt sell AK 100s there strictly Russian military and yes they are in Ukraine yes they have class 4 Russian body Armor as well. Your welcome to try to explain to me how volunteers would get this equipment but i seriously doubt Russia just handing that stuff out. As far as being R well i am at least in part my father is. So trust me when i say i probably have a better understanding of whet people think and im not talking the press. There is people that disagree with Putin and fully aware whats going on. Unfortunately right now little can be done.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

US Mission to NATO ‏@USNATO · 1m
Unity: US paratroopers arrive in #Poland: goo.gl... and #Latvia: goo.gl... and #Lithuania: goo.gl...

Yeah - Kiev looks unsafe.... /end sarcasm

KyivPost ‏@KyivPost · 15m
Under clear skies and sunshine, more than 3,000 race in fifth #Kyiv Marathon - PHOTOS www.kyivpost.com... … #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/we7MRoXWxk

Ukrainian Rebels Release OSCE Hostage in Slovyansk

Vyacheslav Ponomaryov, the rebel leader who has declared himself mayor of Slovyansk, has described them as prisoners of war and said the separatists were prepared to exchange them for fellow rebels in Ukrainian custody.

The statement above by the Pro Russian forces is exactly the reason Ukraine should take the kids gloves off and end their existence. Using neutral parties as hostages / human shields only shows the Pro Russian groups don't give a damn about anyone but themselves and with Russia toting the Pro Russian propaganda line I think gives a clear indication of Russia's continued involvement in the internal affairs of Ukraine. It goes to show, if Russia cant get the people to release the hostages, then Russia should have no issues with Ukraine forces dealing with those groups.

new topics

top topics

<< 459  460  461    463  464  465 >>

join