It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphinxxx

I'd say that indicates a mushroom cloud north of Kiev, to be specific, I'd say Chernobyl. If you wanted to start a chain reaction with a nuclear device that would do the most damage, you'd target an existing sarcophagus and vaporize it. You'd get a very large dirty bomb and very wide spread that opened up past horrors and created new ones. It's a nightmare scenario, but certainly good military strategy as a pre-emptive strike as long as the wind blows in the right direction.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/1.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by Dolby_X

there are a lot of Russian APCs and buses with soldiers

Buses? Yea sure. Buses?

I don't think the Russian army will use buses to get around in!

Errors like these let you know it is propaganda and therefore BS

P

Troops have been riding in buses ever since there were buses. Here is one example but Google it for tons more.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
New Update:

NATO Chief warns Russian President Putin Of Ukraine Invasion. "The NATO head said Saturday that members of the Western military alliance were coordinating their responses to possible Russian military engagement in Ukraine."

Found 2 good sources: Miami herald & Fox Weekly

www.foxweekly.com...

www.miamiherald.com...

Things are continuing to heat up. Once NATO gets involved, if they do, things will start to get ugly.
edit on 1-3-2014 by pologerado because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Sphinxxx
I can't help but be reminded by China's Moon rover pic that had the Nuclear Bomb in the background.

An ATS member on that particular thread showed us that the Chinese actually got that picture from a desktop wallpaper designer website...

Nuclear Explosion on Earth from Space

The ATS thread: Chinese Moon Rover: Picture of Mushroom Cloud over Europe

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It is important to keep things in perspective here. Russia does not have the forces in the region for a general invasion of the Ukraine. Even if it moved in the forces to do so it would be very hard pressed to win a war in Ukraine even without outside intervention. Russia can make a move in Crimea and pershaps in a small zone in the east because most of Ukraines military is in the West, a left over of the Cold War. This means Ukraine would be hard pressed to move on Crimea as well. A general invasion would result in Ukraine calling out its reserves of about a million men. Even in Ukraines less than ideal military state Russia could not mount and operation against a force that large even calling out its reserve unless it wanted to leave the rest of Russia wide open and considering it would face the threat of outside intervetion in an open invasion of Ukraine that would not be an option. Now if you wonder why the West is not freaking out it is because they know this as well. Russia is simply trying some leverage in negotiations. Russia would hope to get guarantees for its naval base and a guarantee that Ukraine would not sign any military agreements with the West, NATO in particular. If that does not work out Russia will attempt to keep a buffer zone to salavage something out of losing Ukraine who at that point would be in NATO overnight along with Georgia. Russia is guessing Ukraine will not risk war over the limited zone it will take. Now Ukraine could make a move and try to expel them but, that is not likely as right now it has the backing of most of the world and it will let the world take action. The problem for Russia is that when it comes to santions it does not really have any backing. It has managed to wreck the support of the Arab League with its actions in Syria. Europe and North America of course are not going to be of any help, a hand full of states in South America and Africa might be willing ignore santions but, no nation of note. Most of the Pacific nations have no love for Russia either. Even China might see this a chance to remove Russia from the arms markets they compete against each other in. So Russia will do what it needs to do to avoid those as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

i like when you post but damn can you learn to space the text a little you are always so hard to read on some device

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Dolby_X
reply to post by MrSpad

i like when you post but damn can you learn to space the text a little you are always so hard to read on some device

LOL I was just thinking the same thing when I began reading the post... Bright minds do think alike

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pologerado

Welcome back. Trust or hope you slept

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

the guy just got the same picture not the name it's not our man on the ground !

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

dragonridr
China and russia are not allies there competitors with some mutual interests. But in the end China will not back Russia because china holds many of those same interests with the west as well.

You have made some very good points, but don't get ahead of yourself dragonridr, cause you don't have anymore of a better understanding about what Russia / China are doing behind the scenes than anyone else here does bro.

There is this thing called, behind the scenes strategic goals, as well as back room joint tactics. I call them carpetbaggers wetting their beaks, while receiving back door hand jobs, and maybe a few more filled off shore Swiss bank accounts.

What is being reported in the media, or the international media for that matter, is mostly just a load of disinformation, mixed in with some occasional truth, that is leaked out in order for the herds to swallow it all up on an hourly basis. So let's make sure that we take a few steps back, and read between the lies here my friend. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

The US will lose nothing by not getting involved.

Why in the world would the US get into this ridiculous situation, except for being puppets of the ICBs.

We would look better by not continuing to be the puppets of the ICBs.

Reagan wouldn't have done squat, just as he did nothing about the USSR occupying Afghanistan throughout his entire presidency.

Let Russia waste its strength fighting Ukraine. The next real battle is over the Arctic.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

shut up Artic belong to Canada un Russia not usa !

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

The US will lose nothing by not getting involved.

Why in the world would the US get into this ridiculous situation, except for being puppets of the ICBs.

We would look better by not continuing to be the puppets of the ICBs.

Reagan wouldn't have done squat, just as he did nothing about the USSR occupying Afghanistan throughout his entire presidency.

Let Russia waste its strength fighting Ukraine. The next real battle is over the Arctic.

Well, they are obligated to join if they did indeed sign the Budapest Memorandum treaty signed in 1994, which commits the US and UK to defend the Ukraine.. If that's true and legit, then if they don't it shows that their "word" is total crap when facing a formidable opponent

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The real reason for the crisis,diversion over syria.To stop any russian intervention in syria and to tie our hands in Western ukraine. Putin will take eastern ukraine and leave western one to its fate.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

At least the part under alaska should belong to usa.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
pologerado

Hey, impostor, why are you trying to imitate another member on here? Not cool...
edit on 1-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I was reading about a previous war in Crimea and found it interesting because of how much history might repeat itself in some ways.

According to Shepard Clough, professor of history at Columbia University, the war:

was not the result of a calculated plan, nor even of hasty last-minute decisions made under stress. It was the consequence of more than two years of fatal blundering in slow-motion by inept statesmen who had months to reflect upon the actions they took. It arose from Napoleon's search for prestige; Nicholas’s quest for control over the Strait of Kerch; his naïve miscalculation of the probable reactions of the European powers; the failure of those powers to make their positions clear; and the pressure of public opinion in Britain and Constantinople at crucial moments.

Also interesting. Team Russia Europe police lol

Russia, as a member of the Holy Alliance, had operated as the "police of Europe", maintaining the balance of power that had been established in the Treaty of Vienna in 1815.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I liked is photo, I didn't know it was impersonation
I will change my avatar then

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join